• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
****ing Lurantis spawned a Kecleon for me and it used Sunny Day. The Lurantis then proceeded to spam that physical solar beam move and destroyed everyone even my Arbok and Noibat.
Kill the kekleon and Lurantis will spawn that flower thing

The flower thing has a move that increases the def of Lurantis and your pokemon

Use a pokemon resistant against grass and is special based

BAM

Lurantis deals NOTHING to your pokemon and your free to slowly knock it down without problems.

Slowly because Lurantis and the flower thing can heal Lurantis

Edit: And that flower things healing is better than Kekleon's confusion IMO.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That Spla2n news was killer. That new mode looks fun. But the new hairstyles are kinda meh.

I also hope 3 of those ~140 new gear pieces are the Squid Girl stuff.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
SEGA is releasing a new mobile RPG in Japan at least and although its a new IP, they're putting in guest characters.

AYYYYYY I SAW THIS EARLIER, GODDAMN ULTRAS ARE GUEST CHARACTERS

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What’s it called in anime when the main characters defeat the main baddy and then near immediately after a even stronger villain shows up?

Ivander

Smash Legend
What’s it called in anime when the main characters defeat the main baddy and then near immediately after a even stronger villain shows up?
Hijacked by Ganon IIRC? Or something related to that?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Man Behind The Man fits the description pretty well.

But that's specifically in the situation of someone, you know. . .

H Grin.png

Having some puppets in the picture.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Awh, some of these tentacle styles left on the cutting room floor would have been cooler than what we got. One of them would have solved mario123007 mario123007 's problem, too.

Also apparently inklings can dye the tips of their tentacles by basting and boiling themselves?!
Hope it's not set stone, if they can I hope those hairstyle come to the game eventually.
As boy I like the top left as for girls I think the one with pony tail despite is not really my favorite, it is pretty unique if I do say so myself.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wow. They did at least make Venom look good. And Winter Soldier has KOF style super at least.

D

Deleted member

Me: "I'm not getting 5* Joshua today"
Also me, after burning through 10 Stamina Potions:
Screenshot_20171121-180426.png

IT IS TIME
I can take a break from the TT now, just do it normally and I should reach the top rewards even sooner than the Genealogy one
It depends on the context, as the other two replies have shown.
If the now-defeated-villain was actually woking for the new villain in their own accord, that's Man Behind The Man(Grima to Validar, Madara to Obito)
If their position is forcefully taken, it's Hijacked by Ganon(Ganon everytime there's another villain)
If they are not related in any direct way, then it's the Sorting Algorthm of Evil at work, which is when villains get increasingly more powerful as the series progresses(most shonen action series make heavy use of this, such as Dragon Ball, though subversions and aversions aren't that uncommon)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Now that the Voting Gauntlet has past, I think it is finally time to switch my avatar to the other character I previously left for y'all to decide: Robin Hood.

And with all the special events going on with F/GO and the Heaven's Feel movie coming soon to my local theatre, I think it makes sense to change my avatar to a Fate series character.

Robin Hood has been growing on me as of late. He's one of my go-to units whenever I have to face hordes of Sabers in F/GO. I also have been studying his character, and he's quite the fun dude. I even beat his F/GO side story recently.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That said, while I do like Venom's gameplay, his voice is a bit off, sounds more like Carnage would. Though most of the voice acting in Marvel Infinite needs work.

Winter Soldier has one cool super, but that's it. Both he and Black Widow are pretty bland to look at. Which is what I was expecting.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nintendo had a near-perfect game going this year but then they decided not to name the new Splatoon mode Clam Jam and now it's ruined and I'm pretty sure they're doomed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The most generic term is power creep, as you described.

Doesn't just apply to anime either. It's applied more literally in video games, gacha games especially, where new characters are released that fulfill similar roles to previous characters, but do so more effectively due to boosted stats or a special ability that only they have. And it can be applied even in franchises without physical battles or something, like Ace Attorney, where the power creep usually comes in the form of dealing with increasingly clever sociopaths as witnesses, or going against prosecutors with a higher degree of public favour or influence within the legal system.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Dragon Ball fans. If you got to choose 5 characters to add to FighterZ who would you pick?(I imagine everyone is gonna have very similar choices.

Master Roshi, Mr. Satan, Hit, Kale and Beerus.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>see an archived 7-hour livestream of M2K playing Doki Doki Literature Club on my YouTube feed

If he doesn't scroll through the text at frame perfect intervals, I will feel robbed.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dragon Ball fans. If you got to choose 5 characters to add to FighterZ who would you pick?(I imagine everyone is gonna have very similar choices.

Super Janemba, SSJ4 Gogeta, Baby, Hit, Beerus

Bonus: Magetta and Dr Rota

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Hit, Roshi, Videl(assuming she does Saiyaman 2 stuff too), Janemba, Broly.

I'd assume Android 21 is likely already playable.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo had a near-perfect game going this year but then they decided not to name the new Splatoon mode Clam Jam and now it's ruined and I'm pretty sure they're doomed.
They already ruined their year by not naming the new Splatoon "Splatwo"

You want 3 versions in FighterZ?
I assume this in reference to Gohan?
Yes. Gohan is probably my favorite character in the series, and Saiyaman is awesome.
Also Kale w/ Caulifla you mean like how Adroid 17 & 18 are together?
Yup. I havent even made it that far in Super, but 2 female saiyans seems cool, and Kale seems like the more logical front woman for the sake of uniqueness.

I imagine Kefla is what we would really get tho

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I assume this in reference to Gohan?
Yes. Gohan is probably my favorite character in the series, and Saiyaman is awesome.

Yup. I havent even made it that far in Super, but 2 female saiyans seems cool, and Kale seems like the more logical front woman for the sake of uniqueness.

I imagine Kefla is what we would really get tho
Hell yeah Gohan is the best.

I’d rather Kale
and not Kefla since I like Kale’s look better.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You squiddin' me?

Why name it that when you could name it Squidiron Blitz?

Puns >>>>>>> alliteration

They already ruined their year by not naming the new Splatoon "Splatwo"
That sounds great until it's pointed out that it just sounds like "Splatoon" when you say it out loud and would trip up marketing.

Or in this case like the Splatoon equivalent of :4darkpit:, which means it'd be destined for not much more than sporking

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
New MvC:I trailer for the next DLC:

Gotta be honest... not really feeling Bucky or Widow, maybe they're more fun to play than they look.

Venom looks fantastic, kinda glad they kept his original moveset. That voice is trash though.
Bucky looks pretty good. I like how he says 'unyielding justice' like Cap does in his level 3.

Black Widow is meh.

Venom looks the best out of the three, but I'm not going to lie, I really like his voice :p

D

Deleted member

The most generic term is power creep, as you described.

Doesn't just apply to anime either. It's applied more literally in video games, gacha games especially, where new characters are released that fulfill similar roles to previous characters, but do so more effectively due to boosted stats or a special ability that only they have. And it can be applied even in franchises without physical battles or something, like Ace Attorney, where the power creep usually comes in the form of dealing with increasingly clever sociopaths as witnesses, or going against prosecutors with a higher degree of public favour or influence within the legal system.
Power creep doesn't apply to story-telling unless old combat techniques and/or characters become obsolete due to new ones. If it's just a new villain being more powerful, then it isn't powercreep, even if they do make older villains obsolete. It's powercreep only if they raise the default power level. That's just the Sorting Algorithm of Evil at work.
New villains being increasingly more powerful CAN lead to power escalation but it's not a rule.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Kale would not fight unless her onee-san tells her to do it; Caulifla makes more sense as the leading girl imo.

If they want to add the Broly gimmick, they would add Broly himself.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ok M2K's DDLC stream is actually hilarious, even way before the "real" game starts.

"What is a NEET? Is that someone who likes anime? ....Am I a NEET?"

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’ve been slowly thinking up my own alternate universe story for the dragon ball universe.

I’ve thought up the names and some of the personalities for the main hero group.

Taeto: (female saiyan) Very similar to Goku just much less childish.
Oneen: (male saiyan) Cocky saiyan, thinks he’s the greatest saiyan elite, while still one of the strongest fighters is noticeably weaker than Taeto.
Mint: (male saiyan) Oneen’s attendant, doesn’t fight much but awakens his own unique super saiyan form that ironically makes him stronger than Oneen.
Saxo: (Namekian) Long time friend of Taeto
Fridge: (Frieza Race) Younger brother of a major villain, switches sides during his introduction arc.
Unnamed Human 1: (Male) originally a rival of Taeto now close friend.
Unnamed Human 2: (Female) wanting to become the stringest in the universe she lets herself become an android.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom