• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The logic goes like this:
Valentine's Day is seen as Western Culture which is seen as equivalent to Christian Culture.
East Asian Culture (China, Japan, and Korea) is veeery different from South Asian culture. (India, Pakistan)

White Day is an East Asian thing.
huh, well then. The more I know:053:

D

Deleted member

Did you know that cities are actually greener than suburbs?
Despite being monoliths of industrialization, cities are actually many times more beneficial than suburbs when it comes to reducing pollution and energy use.

Due to the way cities like New York are built, people rely on public transportation rather than their own personal vehicles to get across large distances. But at the same time, many things a someone would need in a city is also in walking distance compared to how someone in the suburbs would need to drive everywhere.

If you care about the planet. Move to a city, it's better.
Eeeehhhh, I could only see this being true in cities not in the west coast. Specifically when it comes to places like Los Angleses, unless it's the rich hollywood part of it(which is very expensive), the poorer parts are pretty filthy, especially since that there's a ton of driving with huge freeways and especially traffic within the city itself. Places like San Pedro(where I shortly lived and where my Dad's side is.) are worse because they're by the docks, but I wouldn't consider San Pedro Suburban.

Either way the sub urbs are a lot nicer here in California, I've lived in them bith by the mountains and now beach. It also helps that nature is kept intact, especially by the mountains. Not to diseregard the city, I still love to visit the cities here, especially if you're looking for some fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
researching the Hells Angels for schoolwork and see that cops and pedos aren't permitted in the group

nice

friend scrolls down and shows me their racial policies, which aren't legal segregation but instead are cultural

bikers suck, actually

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Eeeehhhh, I could only see this being true in cities not in the west coast. Specifically when it comes to places like Los Angleses, unless it's the rich hollywood part of it(which is very expensive), the poorer parts are pretty filthy, especially since that there's a ton of driving with huge freeways and especially traffic within the city itself. Places like San Pedro(where I shortly lived and where my Dad's side is.) are worse because they're by the docks, but I wouldn't consider San Pedro Suburban.

Either way the sub urbs are a lot nicer here in California, I've lived in them bith by the mountains and now beach. It also helps that nature is kept intact, especially by the mountains. Not to diseregard the city, I still love to visit the cities here, especially if you're looking for some fun.
That sounds so much like Virginia Beach, and the ****ty part of VB is Norfolk, where all the shootings always happen. The only city we have is downtown and I would barly call that a city tbh. We dont have good stuff like Cali but hey, I have The Cheesecake Factory

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That sounds so much like Virginia Beach, and the ****ty part of VB is Norfolk, where all the shootings always happen. The only city we have is downtown and I would barly call that a city tbh. We dont have good stuff like Cali but hey, I have The Cheesecake Factory
Oh yeah, that reminds me that in general the worst parts here in SolCal are certain beaches, the industrial and highly populated beaches I mean.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And I the only one who knows that the "bad dubbing" for Super Bomberman R's intro was meant to be a cheesy homage to early dubs?

Yes, Konami uploaded the full thing on their channels.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And I the only one who knows that the "bad dubbing" for Super Bomberman R's intro was meant to be a cheesy homage to early dubs?

Yes, Konami uploaded the full thing on their channels.
The only voice I found weird was Bomberman's tbh. The rest was sounded good to me.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

A big demonstration of Nier Automata's open world RPG elements. We're finally getting a look at some of the stuff that distinguishes this game from Platinum's other works and make it's own. The whole project looks promising and definitely reassuring, considering the recent cancellation of Scalebound and the reception of some of Platinum's licensed works. If you have no familiarity with the previous Nier, I'd encourage at least watching a playthrough of it. It's a flawed but wonderful experience. Do also checkout a great overview series being worked Clemps on Youtube. It's very depth in its look into the game and is probably the best analysis I could find just about anywhere.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The only voice I found weird was Bomberman's tbh. The rest was sounded good to me.
Bomberman's voice was always high in most of his appearances. So seeing him with a deep voice here is kind of offputting.

Imagine if he had that voice in Smash. Or just stay mute for nostalgia.

D

Deleted member

This speaks to me on a spiritural level
View attachment 126042
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't have a problem with Takumi
The arena AI will always pursue you so you just need to bait him to a place where a Brave weapon user can attack him.
His defense sucks so he'll likely die on the second hit, at least my Raven always manages to do so

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The arena AI will always pursue you so you just need to bait him to a place where a Brave weapon user can attack him.
His defense sucks so he'll likely die on the second hit, at least my Raven always manages to do so
not everyone had good units. Im scared of him lol I blame conquest

But Takumi is strong

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So how long is this thread being filmed in front of a live studio audience? :dazwa:

Making an Adamant minior and considering on having a special move or 2 because of minior's lack of physical moves that would work in Doubles.. (I don't like lowering defenses to have a neutral Sp attack)

*can't contribute to the FE Heroes conversation because of lack of having the game and it's big downloads.. :c*

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Go ahead and vote.

And yes, Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen had to be involved because her Robobot Armor is cool.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In Super Bomberman R, something tells me the bad bombers can be playable in multiplayer.

There's no way that the bad bombers being different colors from the Bomberman brothers is a coincidence.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Close counter is BS.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Takumi is being a pain in the ass?
I don't see the problem, it's motherfreaking Takumi after all. He is the Gary Oak of Fire Emblem in my book.

D

Deleted member

Close counter is BS.
Brave Weapons hit twice before he has the chance to counter
I feel like Hector's Distant Counter would be worse because tomes are the one thing that can hurt him and there are no Brave tomes afaik but he's nowhere near as common as Takumi

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I feel like Hector's Distant Counter would be worse because tomes are the one thing that can hurt him and there are no Brave tomes afaik but he's nowhere near as common as Takumi
It's not like you can give someone brave weapons. I have no units with that because RNG is a *****.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Takumi isnt a problem for you because you out OP Takumi. For someone with standared not op unit, Takumi is a royal nightmare, no pun intended

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Swamp Thing got revealed for Injustice 2

Also a Swamp stage.
He's looking like main material. Bonus points for kicking the **** out of Damian Wayne.

D

Deleted member

So, playable units' names and the kingdoms are done.
I need a theme for the minor bosses and the S-Rank weapons though. Anyone have any ideas?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
nope nope nope nope.
Narcian level is just impossible for me rn. I only bothered seriously trying it (and used up my only remaining stamina potion in the process) cos you can't get him through summoning and I want to collect at least 1 copy of every hero so...

oh well.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
nope nope nope nope.
Narcian level is just impossible for me rn. I only bothered seriously trying it (and used up my only remaining stamina potion in the process) cos you can't get him through summoning and I want to collect at least 1 copy of every hero so...

oh well.
What units do you have? What levels are they? Did you try the level on normal or hard?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Smogon is Suspect testing Dugtrio (regular).. If it passes which is what it looks like it will be doing it'll be as "OP" as Greninja, and the Predictable Aegislash.. :rolleyes:

I still need to catch up with RWBY..

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did you know that cities are actually greener than suburbs?
Despite being monoliths of industrialization, cities are actually many times more beneficial than suburbs when it comes to reducing pollution and energy use.

Due to the way cities like New York are built, people rely on public transportation rather than their own personal vehicles to get across large distances. But at the same time, many things a someone would need in a city is also in walking distance compared to how someone in the suburbs would need to drive everywhere.

If you care about the planet. Move to a city, it's better.
Couple of things.

1) It's mainly using CO2 omissions. Conveniently ignoring all the other ways cities pollute.
2) This can mean a decrease in QoL which he is ignoring and is a driving economic and psychological force.

Adam Ruins Everything likes to ignore a lot of things and he did so this time.

Granted, this is just a small blurb from just the episode but if its like most of his episodes, he'll ignore some stuff.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Telling people to leave their old home for a non-apparent reason is about the hardest thing you can ask of someone.
You're right, it is hard. But gotta do something to at least inform people.

Nope. It's something true for all cities (at least in developed nations. Probably different in poorer nations where things may be managed worse). Perhaps some cities are less green than others, but on average they're all greener and more energy efficient than suburbia.

http://www.citylab.com/work/2012/04/why-bigger-cities-are-greener/863/
There's a real good book on it that I totally recommend if anyone is interested
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1594488827/theatlanticmonthA/ref=nosim/

---

John Oliver is back everyone! (NSFW Language)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You're right, it is hard. But gotta do something to at least inform people.
If global warming actually had some tangible effect on people's everyday lives, convincing them would be much easier, really.

It's both a blessing and a curse in that sense.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

A big demonstration of Nier Automata's open world RPG elements. We're finally getting a look at some of the stuff that distinguishes this game from Platinum's other works and make it's own. The whole project looks promising and definitely reassuring, considering the recent cancellation of Scalebound and the reception of some of Platinum's licensed works. If you have no familiarity with the previous Nier, I'd encourage at least watching a playthrough of it. It's a flawed but wonderful experience. Do also checkout a great overview series being worked Clemps on Youtube. It's very depth in its look into the game and is probably the best analysis I could find just about anywhere.
I really want this game so bad, but I want it on the Switch when I saw it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Adam said wedding rings are a new tradition.

That's just blatantly wrong. Lol. :4wario:

What other things has he said, hmmmm....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes I beat narcian on normal! Beruka went in, took a hit from their bow user, and everyone else scattered, allowing Marth, Lissa, and Kaegoro to route the rest of them and destroy them.

Might try hard mode later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom