• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kedi_2017/

Can someone explain this?

A street cat documentary. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes and 82% on Metacritic.
To be fair, ANYTHING can have a high score if it has a small amount of views. Especially from user ratings. Basically, what I'm saying is that it's probably not so much a masterpiece as it is just likely that it's an obscure thing that most people liked when they saw it. Or maybe it is pretty great, I don't know. But I do know that it is pretty easy to get high ratings on documentaries. Super Size Me for instance according to actual scientists is highly inaccurate. Not to say that McDonalds isn't unhealthy, but it's heavily exaggerated in the film. And that film has a 93% on RT.

Review scores/percentages are just a huge pet peeve of mine as people usually just look at that really quick to judge something entirely without actually engaging it themselves to see whether or not it's any good to them. Also, the system on RT is flawed because technically a film could be near 100% but only have a 7/10 average while another film could be at 90% but with a higher review average along with much more reviews.(The Dark Knight and The Lego Batman movie is an example of this.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bonjour messieur et mesdame, comment allez-vous?:awesome:
Me, my head hurt a little, but beside that, I am good.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I really need to begin following the quote I created... it exists for a reason. Procrastination is something that has really affected me (I consider it to be a weakness) and I find it hard to get over. Maybe I'm just not motivated to do work until later on? Then again, it could also be due to getting distracted...

Probably weren't expecting this from me, but I thought I may as well bring it up.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Legends say, if you screech Warchamp's name three times, good fortune comes your way.

But you must do this while while putting on your best Black Rock Shooter cosplay, else you will be punished with eternal damnation

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bon après-midi.

Je suis juste en train de continuer mon traduction de Touhou. :p
(Did I say it right?)
Almost, there is just one fault. Here a "corrected" version of the line.

Je suis en train de continuer ma traduction de Touhou.

Beside that, it's good! :)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
That feeling when one of your messages here gets cut off due to being the last message on a page. :p

Seems to happen quite a lot.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That feeling when one of your messages here gets cut off due to being the last message on a page. :p

Seems to happen quite a lot.
I understand your pain.
Trust me, it happened to me ALOT.
It's almost a running gag.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

On the TV Tropes page for "Cute but Cacophonic" and. . .yup.

Apparently this screeching is the noise Fennec Foxes make when they're happy.

Have you ever seen a fox wag their tail like that before, though? Definitely everything except the noise radiates it, d'aww.

*EDIT* You know what, just take the whole page, too: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CuteButCacophonic

The Real Life sections are a gold mine for anyone that can handle it, from the happy animals making horrible noises to the instrument screeching out What Child is This?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I binge watched a Korean soap all this weekend, I regret nothing, that **** made me cri IRL.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Did you know that cities are actually greener than suburbs?
Despite being monoliths of industrialization, cities are actually many times more beneficial than suburbs when it comes to reducing pollution and energy use.

Due to the way cities like New York are built, people rely on public transportation rather than their own personal vehicles to get across large distances. But at the same time, many things a someone would need in a city is also in walking distance compared to how someone in the suburbs would need to drive everywhere.

If you care about the planet. Move to a city, it's better.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Or maybe these are new fans that never played Hunters before or know who Sylux is.

Either way, I hope @LIQUID12A or the other Sylux fans can throw more support to counter these trolls.
What would Sylux do? Idk anything about him prob forgotten most that i did. I chose Dark Samsung and Rundas would be my second choice since Ive seen some of an LP of a prime game and his Ice powers and general design appeals to me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What would Sylux do? Idk anything about him prob forgotten most that i did. I chose Dark Samsung and Rundas would be my second choice since Ive seen some of an LP of a prime game and his Ice powers and general design appeals to me.
Sylux's weaponry was the Shock Coil, which latches onto enemies and if specifically used by Sylux, would drain health, and the Lockjaw. If it places 1 bomb, nothing happens. If it places 2, it becomes a tripwire which goed boom in the face of whoever hits it, 3 bombs, they all quickly combine and burst

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Telling people to leave their old home for a non-apparent reason is about the hardest thing you can ask of someone.
Rent where I live: $844.00 (Average)

Rent in the City: $1,819 (Cheapest you can find)

Edit: I actually found it cheaper: $1,128

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Rent where I live: $844.00 (Average)

Rent in the City: $1,819 (Cheapest you can find)

Edit: I actually found it cheaper: $1,128
Yeah, that's a very practical reason to not live in a city. :p

The non-use of public transport is an issue very specific to America though. The reasons for it are historical and all, but yeah, public transport is pretty commonly used pretty much everywhere else.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just heard on the Radio that some country was banned from celebrating and promoting any valentines day stuff because it is un-Islamic Edit: It was Pakistan

This wasnt online, this was on a public radio station that covers worldwide news. just clearing that up

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I heard you weebs like Ashley.

Well, this weeb likes Charizard.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The original moblie suut gundam was actually pretty good. Slow starr but once it picks up it's great.

It's surprisingly weird though. . .
:061:
Iron blooded orphans was pretty good as well, I watched it everynight on toonami. Now mobile suit gundam unicorn 009. is playing on toonami and I have no idea how that is

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The idea of romantic love is seen as a Western concept by many people, so I see where they are coming from. Doesn't justify its banning though.
rip all the gfs, bfs, husbands and wives that were thinking they will get a gift tomorrow. I wonder what they are gonna do now. Hopefully the candy is still up so they have the best part of the holiday, the chocolates

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

**** YOU NARCIAN, **** YOU AND YOUR BULL**** MAP, I ****ING DID IT, YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED YOU LITTLE PIECE OF ****
>2* Narcian
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!?!?!?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
**** YOU NARCIAN, **** YOU AND YOUR BULL**** MAP, I ****ING DID IT, YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED YOU LITTLE PIECE OF ****
>2* Narcian
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!?!?!?
Wow, when did I posses you?

And yeah, the fact the map is that annoying for a 2 and 3* kinda made me stop caring about him

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
rip all the gfs, bfs, husbands and wives that were thinking they will get a gift tomorrow. I wonder what they are gonna do now. Hopefully the candy is still up so they have the best part of the holiday, the chocolates
To be fair, Valentine's Day has always been a pretty low key event in South Asia, only noticeable in cities. They aren't missing much.

And people don't give chocolate here either. It's usually a gift of some sort.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I don't think you realise just how much of an influence religion has over there...
well I do now but banning a no religious holiday because it has nothing to do with your religion? Thats pretty poopy

To be fair, Valentine's Day has always been a pretty low key event in South Asia, only noticeable in cities. They aren't missing much.

And people don't give chocolate here either. It's usually a gift of some sort.
There is white day, right? on March 14th? From what I remeber, that us mostly in Asia? Parden my ignorence though if im just all wrong

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
well I do now but banning a no religious holiday because it has nothing to do with your religion? Thats pretty poopy
The logic goes like this:
Valentine's Day is seen as Western Culture which is seen as equivalent to Christian Culture.

There is white day, right? on March 14th? From what I remeber, that us mostly in Asia? Parden my ignorence though if im just all wrong
East Asian Culture (China, Japan, and Korea) is veeery different from South Asian culture. (India, Pakistan)

White Day is an East Asian thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom