• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There was a problem fetching the tweet

The new Metroid poll is up.

And lol at the many votes the Federation Force soldier is getting. It is a Tingle-like following after all.
As expected the superior choice is winning...

although sees current second placer...:confused:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
As expected the superior choice is winning...

although sees current second placer...:confused:
Trolls, or people who genuinely like Federation Force.

Either way, they vote for the joke characters for a rage reaction like Tingle.
:lol:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Well, some of the colored terracotta is useful. But some are ugly.

I personally am going to be using the black as my floors instead of red wool which is what I usually use

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Trolls, or people who genuinely like Federation Force.

Either way, they vote for the joke characters for a rage reaction like Tingle.
:lol:
I'm thinking moreso trolls...I'd think those that enjoyed Fed Force would've had just as much interest in Sylux given the secret ending...and since it's been hinted at in a future game (several times)...

Last edited:

Well, some of the colored terracotta is useful. But some are ugly.

I personally am going to be using the black as my floors instead of red wool which is what I usually use
I like most of thwse.

Some of them would look TERRIBLE as a floor, but a lot of them would look really nice as just single blocks

I wish I still had my minecraft account but im too lazy to retrieve the old one to make a mojang account
I showed A Distant Demon A Distant Demon a scary movie.

I'm sorry.
It was, indeed, spooky

But the surprise of . . .THAT thing was far greater.

But im watching the other gimmick match I have always wanted to see right now so it's all good.
:061:

Ivander

Smash Legend

I'm sorry.
By scary movie, do you mean an actual scary movie? Or do you mean a movie that is just horrific in it's own right that it's not scary for being actually scary, but scary because why does it exist???????

Or do you just mean a Scary Movie?

D

Deleted member

A mind controlled character can still be a good villain, even if they themselves aren't the main villain. While it's easy to see how mind control can be seen as a cop-out, bad mind control is the stuff that literally comes out of nowhere with no hinting and no backlore. Literally out of nowhere.
Fates has this problem due to focusing on the characters a bit too much and not enough backlore or backstory. We hear of Anankos early on in Conquest, but rather than give cryptic hints at Anankos' and Garon's true nature, they just went straight to the point in order to give the player a not-so-well done motive to go after Hoshido rather than have Garon manipulate Corrin using the fact that Nohr is slowly dying and losing resources and why Hoshido needs to be conquered to help Nohr from dying.
Anyway, it's not impossible to have well-done mind control. Good mind control shows when there is a mixed balance between hinting at mind control and hinting at being the real deal and the backlore showing a good deal on both the real deal and the mind controller.
To me, the best kind of mind control comes from the controller controlling the real deal very closely to what the real deal would do if he wasn't controlled and the real deal is actually willing to do some dark or major things even if he wasn't controlled that there would only one minor thing or key detail that would show what the real deal would not do that the controller is doing or does at some point. You see the hints at being mind controlled, but the backlore and character of the real deal are able to make you think that it's possible the real deal might not be. Bonus points if part of the reasoning for the controller being able to control the real deal is because of similarities between them or some possible empathy or sympathy from the controller.
That's just my thoughts on the whole trope. But much like any trope, there are both bads and goods for each one and even if one trope is not handled that well and most showings of that trope tend to be bad, that there are always exceptions.
Yeah, though I didn't say that mind control couldn't be done well. My point is that it makes Garon having little true character. We only get to know only so much about how Garon truly is.

I was serious about the Peach enquiry.
Just find any blonde girl actor ever. :p Though personally, I think the actor for peach should be cute rather than sexy. Because that's how Peach is.

I'm sorry.
NOOOOO NOT SCARY MOVIE, IT HAS 53% ON ROTTEN TOMATOES

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm thinking moreso trolls...I'd think those that enjoyed Fed Force would've had just as much interest in Sylux given the secret ending...and since it's been hinted at in a future game (several times)...
Or maybe these are new fans that never played Hunters before or know who Sylux is.

Either way, I hope @LIQUID12A or the other Sylux fans can throw more support to counter these trolls.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, though I didn't say that mind control couldn't be done well. My point is that it makes Garon having little true character. We only get to know only so much about how Garon truly is.

Just find any blonde girl actor ever. :p Though personally, I think the actor for peach should be cute rather than sexy. Because that's how Peach is.

NOOOOO NOT SCARY MOVIE, IT HAS 53% ON ROTTEN TOMATOES
She doesn't have to be a blond actress... hair dye is a thing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There is someone working on translating Touhou to Quechua. Freaking Quechua. The language of the Inca.

The fanbase never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was serious about the Peach enquiry.
For a Live Action movie? I have absolutely no idea. Like, how old is she supposed to be? And what kind of personality are you going to give her? Mario characters aren't particularly deep. Weirdly enough Mario is supposed to be 24, despite that powerful mustache saying otherwise.

I guess any blonde girl that can pull off a "bubbly princess" type. Though I would say another live action Mario movie should be avoided.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Unless they never played Hunters in their lives, then I'm mostly convinced this is a mixture between trolls and new Metroid fans.

Or people voting for them just to spite the people that hate Federation Force.

Either way, I'm surprisingly not getting heat for this yet...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
For a Live Action movie? I have absolutely no idea. Like, how old is she supposed to be? And what kind of personality are you going to give her? Mario characters aren't particularly deep. Weirdly enough Mario is supposed to be 24, despite that powerful mustache saying otherwise.

I guess any blonde girl that can pull off a "bubbly princess" type. Though I would say another live action Mario movie should be avoided.
Late 20's for Peach, and a good leader despite being kinda flighty.

Also a live action Mario movie would work if it's written by someone who is actually a fan of the games.

Also this is a Wario Land movie, Mario wouldn't appear in the flesh until the 3rd film.

D

Deleted member

Nah I'd prefer a good actress.
Fine, I change my vote to Leanardo DiCaprio. He's not only hot, but also a great actor. He'd be perfect to play Peach. Especially if it has to do with some kind of tragedy.

Ivander

Smash Legend
You weren't directly, but you somewhat implied it with the notion of "would be better if he was in full control of his actions." Either way, Garon would've been a better villain in general if he was more than just "Suffer!"
That being said, after Shining Force 3, I'd probably prefer mind control over full control, if not for the fact that Emperor Doric is truly king of the ********. Holy frick, that guy was on a whole other level. Never have I seen an actual non-main antagonist possibly do more damage than the main antagonists. He actually made the actual villains look tame. And he started as the friggin' king in distress. And Shining Force 3 was done by Camelot. Doric probably has his own unique category of character.

Last edited:
So today I watched the Elimination Chamber event. Yeah it's wrestling related

Most of the matches were ok at best, but the main event was a match i've anted to see for years. Just like the Royal Rumble, it was a gimmick match i've always LOVED ever since I played it in the games.

So now i've seen a Wrestlemania and a Summerslam (years ago), a Survivor Series, a Royal Rumble, and the Elimination chamber match

And this year it was 6 crazy good wrestlers (even if im only a fan of 3)

And it was just as great as I hoped it was

TLDR analogy for non-wrestling fans
I've already played Final Fantasy 7, 6, and 4, which are bug deals in the series, but FF8 has always looked really cool to me for years and now i've played it. And I really like FF8

l
:186:

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Listening to the newest Metallica album....

It's ok...does give me that Death Magnetic vibe though it does sort of bring it back to their Black album...it's nothing really that special though...

Still can't beat 80's Metallica though...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Why am I eating a second plate of macaroni? Because it's some good stuff. I can never say no to such gourmet cheese pasta. Soooooo thicc.

Funnily enough, this extra eating gives me an idea that Kirby should go next. Already have the right choices in my head, including a certain Haltmann Works Elite Secretary. Maybe the soundtrack has something to do with it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Ultra Street Fighter II stuff.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Been working on a new set of phone wallpapers for the past few hours
I'm liking it so far, but I'm sure it could be so much more. I just need to figure out how to have more control over the lock screen and try to understand KWLP so I can make a clean universal media player and whatever else.

Also, been listening to ScHoolboy Q's latest album "Blank Face LP" and it's some chill stuff. Definitely give it a listen if you're a fan of chill tracks.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Looks like there will be another Sonic SXSW panel, and we're going to get information on both Sonic Mania and Project 2017, along with potentially other news.
http://schedule.sxsw.com/2017/events/PP96507
I'm expecting to hear Mania's release date, a reveal of Project 2017's name and gameplay, and something about the Sonic movie.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kedi_2017/

Can someone explain this?

A street cat documentary. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes and 82% on Metacritic.
People REALLY like cats

also not even 3 minutes in the newest Ex-Aid episode and the main protagonist is yelling at everyone because they know something about why he didn't need a surgery, this episode is gonna get DEEP

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Been working on a new set of phone wallpapers for the past few hours
I'm liking it so far, but I'm sure it could be so much more. I just need to figure out how to have more control over the lock screen and try to understand KWLP so I can make a clean universal media player and whatever else.

Also, been listening to ScHoolboy Q's latest album "Blank Face LP" and it's some chill stuff. Definitely give it a listen if you're a fan of chill tracks.
Hmmm....

This character seems appealing for at least two reasons.

Probably six.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Hmmm....

This character seems appealing for at least two reasons.

Probably six.
Isn't she just adorable?

I'm curious as to what you think those two or six reasons are. Maybe they're why I find her appealing.

This is yet another blonde haired character I've feel head over heels for

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Why am I eating a second plate of macaroni? Because it's some good stuff. I can never say no to such gourmet cheese pasta. Soooooo thicc.

Funnily enough, this extra eating gives me an idea that Kirby should go next. Already have the right choices in my head, including a certain Haltmann Works Elite Secretary. Maybe the soundtrack has something to do with it.
Kirby: The Revenge of Susie!:)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Isn't she just adorable?

I'm curious as to what you think those two or six reasons are. Maybe they're why I find her appealing.

This is yet another blonde haired character I've feel head over heels for
Six was just an arbitrary number for the sake of a joke.

The two reasons though...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom