• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

I kinda went kinda random with some Namco characters since I don't have much knowledge of most of their franchises.
-Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser round out Mario with Wario as an added bonus with moves from his Mario debuts as well as his Warioware and Wario Land games.
-Link, Zelda, Ganondorf round out Zelda quite nicely, along with both Diddy and Donkey for DK
-Samus is a lone representative, Ridley is only the most notable and everyone else beat him out of it.
-Kirby and King Dedede
-Villager due to Animal Crossing being a pretty large Nintendo franchise that constantly gets new games
-Inkling due to the instant success Splatoon was
-Pikachu is also obv, with Mewtwo as a popular legendary Pokemon
-Chrom and Lucina as a tag team, like how they were in PXZ2. Not the newest faces of Fire Emblem, but very iconic and used often for crossovers
-Shulk for Xenoblade, given that Xenoblade has also become a big success akin to Splatoon
-Olimar could definitely be interesting using his pikmin, and Pikmin 4 is also in process of being made

-I did the top row to consist of retro and arcade characters
-2nd row is for Tekken, aside from Jin and Heichi I had no idea who to add to Tekken
-Chihaya would be a rhythm based character, I also know nothing of Idolmaster, so I chose a character at random, hopefully she's somewhat important
-Third row is for Tales of characters, I knew I would have Lloyd in and I was thinking maybe Sheena as well due to her ninja playstyle, but I decided to go for adding 2 other characters from different Tales of games, as with Tekken and Chihaya, I know pretty much nothing of Tales of, so hopefully they're alright choices.
- Katamari and Kloana also are popular characters, so I added them to row 3 as well.
- Row 4 is mostly Soul Calibur, which I also have no knowledge of the series, however I believe the three I chosen were popular SC characters, so I chose them.
-I also added Agumon for Digimon, due to the previous rivalry between Digimon and Pokemon, and I added Kos-Mos for Xenogears, which would be interesting to see her with Shulk
Emil is an interesting choice, since he doesn't come from the Tales of Main Series. Probably wouldn't be that popular though, ToS DotNW is somewhat controversial, I think. Also, Sophie could be cool, Graces is an alright Tales game.
I still find the idea of the Idolmaster characters in a fighting game hilarious, though it wouldn't be the first time a fighting game had an idol singer as a playable character. Also, she's important in the anime, but I don't know anything about the games.
Also, I think Siegfried and Nightmare are the same person? I dunno much about Soul Calibur
I didn't even consider Digimon. Is that made by Namco?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This Nintendo vs Namco thing is giving me urges to play some The Outfoxies (an arcade game by Namco which is the very first platform brawler)

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Yew guise are sleeping on the Souls games~
My knowledge of the Souls games is very slim:
There is a blue sword called Soul Calibur, and a Red one called Soul Edge
One of the characters in V (I think it's V) is named Patroklos.
One of the characters is Ivy Valentine
Link Appeared in SCII

Aaaaaaaaaand... That's about it.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
My knowledge of the Souls games is very slim:
There is a blue sword called Soul Calibur, and a Red one called Soul Edge
One of the characters in V (I think it's V) is named Patroklos.
One of the characters is Ivy Valentine
Link Appeared in SCII

Aaaaaaaaaand... That's about it.
Dark Souls, not Soul Calibur.

D

Deleted member

Here's my Nintendo vs. Bamco roster.

Mario + Yoshi - Mario's inclusion should be self-explanatory. Yoshi is made part of his moveset to make room for one more Mario character.
Luigi - Because he's Luigi.
Peach - Way too popular to ignore.
Bowser - Why would I exclude Mario's arch nemesis?
Donkey Kong - Self-explanatory.
Diddy Kong - It feels wrong to leave DK's buddy out of this. Also gives the series two characters.
Link - Duh.
Zelda / Sheik - I wanted to implement the transform mechanic from Melee/Brawl since it'd be interesting in a more traditional fighter. Plus she's her series' namesake.
Ganondorf - Most iconic form of Zelda's main antagonist. I'd also hope for a more in-character moveset. Gives this series three characters.
Samus - Why would I exclude her?
Kirby - Again, why would I exclude him?
Pikachu - Way too popular to ignore.
Fox, Captain Falcon, Ness, Pit, Little Mac - Partially due to their Smash popularity, but it also felt wrong to exclude these classic characters.
Marth - The face of a franchise currently on the rise. Also Smash popularity.
Shulk, Inkling - More contemporary characters that felt wrong to ignore. The former also has another reason that I'll get to later.

Pac-Man - Self-explanatory.
Heihachi - The face of Bamco's flagship fighting game series.
Kazuya, Jin - Let's get his two descendants in here as well.
Yoshimitsu (Tekken) - Fourth Tekken character. Ancestor of the same name appears in Soul Calibur.
Siegfried, Nightmare, Taki - Two of Soul Calibur's main characters plus one of my personal faves.
Valkyrie, Taizo Hori, Gil, Mappy, Galaga Ship - Classic Namco arcade characters.
Lloyd - Probably the most popular Tales character among the Nintendo crowd.
Yuri - I hear he's a pretty popular Tales character as well. Also a second Tales character.
KOS-MOS - Star of Xenoblade spiritual predecessor Xenosaga. Yes, I want her to fight Shulk.
Kalas - From Baten Kaitos, another Monolith creation.
The Prince - From Katamari Damacy. I wanted someone very bizarre on this roster.
Klonoa - I felt like including a platforming character that fits with Nintendo's own rather well.
Agumon - For the Poke/Digi rivalry.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
-2nd row is for Tekken, aside from Jin and Heichi I had no idea who to add to Tekken
-Chihaya would be a rhythm based character, I also know nothing of Idolmaster, so I chose a character at random, hopefully she's somewhat important
-Third row is for Tales of characters, I knew I would have Lloyd in and I was thinking maybe Sheena as well due to her ninja playstyle, but I decided to go for adding 2 other characters from different Tales of games, as with Tekken and Chihaya, I know pretty much nothing of Tales of, so hopefully they're alright choices.
- Katamari and Kloana also are popular characters, so I added them to row 3 as well.
- Row 4 is mostly Soul Calibur, which I also have no knowledge of the series, however I believe the three I chosen were popular SC characters, so I chose them.
-I also added Agumon for Digimon, due to the previous rivalry between Digimon and Pokemon, and I added Kos-Mos for Xenogears, which would be interesting to see her with Shulk
Kos-Mos is from Xenosaga. Not Xenogears just to clarify.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, I meant Dark Souls, not Soulcalibur.

As far as Soulcalibur goes, seems a little redundant to include both Siegfried and Nightmare on a roster when the series gets such limited representation. Iunno.

Also, I think Siegfried and Nightmare are the same person? I dunno much about Soul Calibur
The Soul Edge possessed Siegfried in the first few games which turned him into Nightmare, but Siegfriend eventually broke from it and for the last few entries they've been separate entities.

I miss Soulcalibur...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

I kinda went kinda random with some Namco characters since I don't have much knowledge of most of their franchises.
-Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser round out Mario with Wario as an added bonus with moves from his Mario debuts as well as his Warioware and Wario Land games.
-Link, Zelda, Ganondorf round out Zelda quite nicely, along with both Diddy and Donkey for DK
-Samus is a lone representative, Ridley is only the most notable and everyone else beat him out of it.
-Kirby and King Dedede
-Villager due to Animal Crossing being a pretty large Nintendo franchise that constantly gets new games
-Inkling due to the instant success Splatoon was
-Pikachu is also obv, with Mewtwo as a popular legendary Pokemon
-Chrom and Lucina as a tag team, like how they were in PXZ2. Not the newest faces of Fire Emblem, but very iconic and used often for crossovers
-Shulk for Xenoblade, given that Xenoblade has also become a big success akin to Splatoon
-Olimar could definitely be interesting using his pikmin, and Pikmin 4 is also in process of being made

Also, Olimar is definitely a good choice. Maybe I should have chosen him.

Dark Souls, not Soul Calibur.
Oh.

I actually originally considered a Dark Souls character for my list, but I don't know anything about it other than the fact that it also goes by the name of Crash Bandicoot.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I miss Soulcalibur...
As do I......:crying: Why did it have to suffer? Why did Namco force the developers to release it earlier just so it doesn't compete with Street Fighter X Tekken?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Namco combined with Bandai. Hence, Bandai-Namco, or sometimes called Bamco. They're the full same company now. Obviously some do forget, as shown. It's a pet peeve of mine when people forget that Bandai is owned by it. A ridiculous one, but the issue is more when it comes to rosters and such, where it's very relevant that Bandai is there. So at least there's a better reason behind it than lolaccuracy.

Anyway, I should probably work on one of those rosters. I unfortunately don't know enough about Bandai-Namco to make a really good roster. I can make some easy picks, sure, but to only a degree. The Nintendo part is easy, especially when one applies some hard rules to how much per franchise. One thing I've found annoying about Marvel VS Capcom is when one franchise has just too damn much while others are left super low. Sure, I get why from a business perspective and all. Doesn't irk me less, but I kind of care about some balance. But eh.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Namco combined with Bandai. Hence, Bandai-Namco, or sometimes called Bamco. They're the full same company now. Obviously some do forget, as shown. It's a pet peeve of mine when people forget that Bandai is owned by it. A ridiculous one, but the issue is more when it comes to rosters and such, where it's very relevant that Bandai is there. So at least there's a better reason behind it than lolaccuracy.
It's not really a matter of forgetting, I just didn't even know Bandai was a thing.

I just thought that Bandai-Namco was Namco's name.

How long has it been since they merged?

D

Deleted member

It's not really a matter of forgetting, I just didn't even know Bandai was a thing.

I just thought that Bandai-Namco was Namco's name.

How long has it been since they merged?
They merged in 2006, so about 11 years.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
They merged in 2006, so about 11 years.
Well that explains why I don't know.
I was only 7 in 2006, I barely even knew what Zelda and Kirby were back then.

Ahh... 2006.
I miss Pluto as a Planet.
Nine Pizzas is the best, the new ones just don't have the same ring to them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So while EA is being cancer....

I have a challenge for you.

Vs Capcom games? Nah fam.

Make a roster for a Nintendo vs Namco game!

Some rules.

• 20 characters on each side for a total of forty characters.
  • Each side must have one series with 4 characters, one with 3 and one with 2.
  • Yoshi and Wario would be counted as Mario characters.
  • Explain your thought process. Though obvious ones like Mario don't need much of one.
It's not a coincidence that both brEAst cancer and pancrEAtic cancer have the letters EA in them

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Possession in online multiplayer is really fun, but the rounds are wayy too short...

Freeze Tag was also pretty fun...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Using EA with words that have ea in them is not really the best insult when so many words have ea in them, not to mention names, like Bea Arthur.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah and so does veal and steak. What’s your point?
That's because EA EAts up a fEAst of companies, like find like StEAK or VEAl...Anything within rEAch.

LEAving no trace behind

Gobbling up Maxis and Westwood as they plEAse.

Their mighty hunger never appEAsed.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
If words with EA in them are evil, does that mean that words with AE in them are pure?

Is EA just AE's evil twin?

oh. . . .oh no
OH NO
OH NOOOOO!!!!

"NintenZone Social 5 - Providing a Sense of Pride and Accomplishment by Unlocking New Thread Titles"
"Unlocking New Thread Titles"
"ThrEAd"

WE'VE BEEN COMPROMISED SINCE THE VERY START. ABORT ABORT ABORT

D

Deleted member

Xenogears also has EA in its name. Are you telling me that one of the spiritual predecessors to :4shulk:'s game and the game that started as an early concept for :4cloud:'s game is the devil?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Gnoggin posted a new Metroid theory...

Or kind of theory...he's breaking down the science behind Samus's new Aeion abilities, including their origin, and how they could possibly work in a more realistic setting...

Looking into their origin and how they are implemented in the games as another piece of chozo technology has me really thinking about the potential for the chozo and their technology in other games as well...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
oh. . . .oh no
OH NO
OH NOOOOO!!!!

"NintenZone Social 5 - Providing a Sense of Pride and Accomplishment by Unlocking New Thread Titles"
"Unlocking New Thread Titles"
"ThrEAd"

WE'VE BEEN COMPROMISED SINCE THE VERY START. ABORT ABORT ABORT
No...
We haven't been compromised...
The truth is, we were all EA all along!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
People reminiscing about 2006 like it was the good old days makes me feel old as ****.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You have to defeat 50000 Bokoblins or pay $60 to pull out the Master Sword.
There's no sense of pride and accomplishment in killing 50,000 Bokoblins.

50,000 Lynels on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom