• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also, Jeorge has Seal Atk 3. Not exactly worth inheriting, although Daggers users can make decent use of it if you're into debuffing(those with Rogue Dagger, like Matthew or Gaius, can make very interesting use of it since it would drastically reduce the damage they would get).
D:

I don't have a single 4* or 5* Dagger user outside of H!Sakura and I don't think she needs, besides her I only have Saizo, Kagero and free Felicias.
I'd be willing to invest in another Dagger user if I ever get Jaffar(maybe I could even kill Sakura so he can become a Mage Killer) but I don't care about anyone else(well, except Matthew but uh... he sucks ass).
Give Daggers some goddamn buffs, IS
Even if it takes adding Fog of War into the game

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Hi. I'm looking for a good game to play next on Wii U or PS4. I'm really into exploration based fantasy/sci-fi games like Dark Souls, Skyrim, Darksiders 2, LoZ Breath of the Wild, etc. Any recommendations?

Is FF15 any good? I heard after a certain point it becomes extremely linear and the story gets absurd. My favorite FF was 12 because it's focus on exploration and more down to Earth political story.
It has issues, but I enjoyed it. And the game is still receiving support through DLC and free updates.

I'm waiting to re-buy the game on PC since mod support and free multiplayer.

Chrono.

Hi. I'm looking for a good game to play next on Wii U or PS4. I'm really into exploration based fantasy/sci-fi games like Dark Souls, Skyrim, Darksiders 2, LoZ Breath of the Wild, etc. Any recommendations?

Is FF15 any good? I heard after a certain point it becomes extremely linear and the story gets absurd. My favorite FF was 12 because it's focus on exploration and more down to Earth political story.
Honestly I found it pretty meh.

For one thing don't expect a huge open world like you'd see in BOTW or GTA right off the bat. Each chapter opens up the world a bit more, but exploring it is a different story. Noctis doesn't really have the movement you'd expect and there's not really a lot to explore in the first place, the open world is more there so you have a place to do fetch quests. Then there's the car, some folks accuse it of being a glorified loading screen and it's not entirely unfounded. You "drive" the car from point A to point B and you can't really do much in the meantime other than control the camera and listen to music. You don't really control the car at first but later you get ability to do it, it's still pretty much the same. You can't go offroad and you can't afford to crash it (or even dent it), the rides themselves can be pretty long going from 5 to 15 minutes.

You can later get Chocobos which are slower than the car but more fun to use since you can take them anywhere, handling them can be a little unwieldy at first though. But you can name them and recolor them which is pretty cool. I also liked the combat as well but your teammates are on the unreliable side. Prompto is easily the worst offender, he's literally made of glass and doesn't typically last too long in battles. So it's a bit annoying having to heal him when your other mates won't.

Okay, as for the story WEW. It's pretty by the numbers and rather half baked. I won't go into details but basically they weren't kidding when they said it would be entirely told through Noct's eyes, because that's all you see. Other very important stuff that happens is entirely off screen, leaving you pretty perplexed and confused as to what's even happening. But they've been apparently fixing this free patches by adding more scenes and such. Luna and Noct's relationship also happens to be as one dimensional as they come. After a certain chapter the game takes a sharp turn and goes for the more linear approach. So the "open world" is completely gone for the entire second half of the game and that's what most people have a problem with.

That being said, I find the 3 of the 4 main guys to be pretty good characters, Noctis especially. He doesn't fall into a clear anime trope like Cloud did in later appearances or how Lightning also fell into in her later outings. Prompto and Ignis also play good foils to him, with the former being the wisecracking best bud and the latter the "mom" of the team. Gladio irritated me for a lot of reasons that I won't go into and he's easily the worst of the four (imo anyway). But the four characters together are generally a fun group, from their banter to all the teamwork you can pull off. Some of the other characters you meet through the story are okay but don't really stick around for too long.

Oh and then there's the music. A lot of folks liked it, but I found to be one of Shimomura's more disappointing works. A lot of the music just blends in together for me and doesn't stand out so much. But personally I'm also just bored of "epic" orchestral music.

So in short, aside from the combat, Noctis himself and the dynamic of the 4 main characters. I find the game to be pretty average and half baked. But, these are all impressions I had when I played the game in January 2016. Apparently since then there's been loads of updates via DLC, both free and paid, that I have no idea about because I sold the game ages ago. So, stuff I said there may not even be relevant anymore.

But still, I'd recommend waiting for a possible "ultimate edition" instead of having to buy the game now + season pass.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't want to harp on it too much since I haven't played through the game, but yeah, I haven't even bothered with FFXV.

The more and more I learned about the game, the more and more I got turned off it.

I was awfully disappointed when I tried the game out and tried the combat. Everyone I knew kept hyping it up to me, saying "IT'S JUST LIKE KINGDOM HEARTS, YOU'LL LOVE IT".

I could get by them changing the style for inputting commands to something less KH-like, since it's not a KH game, but my issue was how clunky the combat felt.

I guess when people said it was like KH, they meant BBS, which is the worst KH game and brought about most of the current problems with the KH series.

But what really bothered me was how they are handling the DLC and updates. The game flat out wasn't finished, when you have to add scenes in to explain something you should have in there to begin with, that becomes less supporting the game with genuine updates and more rushing the game out and trying to cobble things together after the fact.

And now we're getting a SECOND season pass. Ridiculous.

I'm not going near the game until they announce they are completely finished with it. When I play an RPG or adventure game, I don't want to have to get prompts every couple of weeks telling me there are new cutscenes explaining parts of the game I've already completed. It makes things less immersive, and more fragmented and disjointed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's hard to figure out how they might do that - maybe a western third party character? Rayman and Crash would probably be predictable, but I think that Doomguy could be interesting.

Funnily enough, I felt the same way about Geese.
There's a certain Chinese Ninja Warrior that'd be pretty hype. With his heart so cold.

D

Deleted member

>LWA: Chamber of Time will have both co-op and competitive multiplayer, both online and offline
I NEED A ****ING PS4 WHAT THE ****
Give me Switch ports for all these licensed anime games, Bandai Namco, you bunch of cowards

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There's a certain Chinese Ninja Warrior that'd be pretty hype. With his heart so cold.
Not sure who you mean by that. The first ninja who comes to mind is Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden (since Koei Tecmo has made multiple spin-offs for Nintendo games), but he's Japanese.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure who you mean by that. The first ninja who comes to mind is Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden (since Koei Tecmo has made multiple spin-offs for Nintendo games), but he's Japanese.
I was talking about Sub-Zero.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What a hare raising tale.
A hare hears here the tragic magic of bill the willful dill pickle wrinkles binkles that's not a ****ing word

EDIT: That sounds like a good children's book tbh. Just needs more hidden fears of obsession and unrivaled guilt.

Or an actual plot.

Those are useful.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Today's title is brought to you by EA's latest ****storm. :p

D

Deleted member

The title reminds me, I'd be ticked off if this happened.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

*looks at thread title*

How many pages we gotta pass to unlock a good title?
None if you pay $10
Note: the first paynent will only unlock the first half of the thread title, you must pay another $10 for the other half. You can, however, buy the whole package as a bundle for the discounted price of just $19,99, thank you for your continued support.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What happened exactly?
An EA employee on reddit tried saying it was justified to have to grind 40 hours to unlock Darth Vader as a playable character in an 80 dollar game. Of course, the game has microtransactions which could skip the grinding. Also, people who got review copies have to grind 6 times less than regular customers to unlock characters (a reviewer knly had to pay 1000 points but anyone else would pay 6000 points). Gaming community has been sending death threats and assault threats left and right because ofc they would

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hmm... What's going on with ARMS?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's been all over today. Reddit, YouTube, and Resetera, haha.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
that title is as unprecedented as EA's partnership with Nintendo

Also, this is some shady ass, review warping bull****, EA.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You can unlock a Swamp related title by grinding 78,000 likes via non****posts or pay directly to Opossum by sending him Chrom related merch.

The sense of accomplishment caused by buying that mousepad is unreal.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well that was quite the title and EA situation to see and learn about today. Anyway who's ready to pay to watch the FEH Channel tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom