• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Archie and Maxie basically talk about how they each fulfilled their goals but were swallowed by something before being transported to the USUM world (Archie was about to be swallowed by the sea, while Maxie was about to fall into deep fissure), and then they discuss how they want to achieve their goals in the USUM world as well. After you beat both of them, you then run into two Team RR grunts near the entrance, and then Guzma arrives to stop them. It is during that scene that Archie and Maxie arrive at the room and notice each other. They are about to battle each other, but then they get transported back to their worlds. That's all there really was to them, but the way the two described their goals before you fought them made each of them appear more like their ORAS counterparts (a.k.a. Maxie wanted to expand the land for the sake of humankind to give them more land, while Archie wanted to expand the sea for the sake of the aquatic Pokemon). Other than that, nothing really special about the two.

Lysandre's was nothing too special either. He talks about how he successfully killed everyone in his world, except for Team Flare, with the Ultimate Weapon so that there wouldn't be anymore "conflict or theft" that prevented the world from being beautiful. What follows next is a very similar scene from the XY games where you had to choose between the blue and red button, and the button you chose would determine whether or not the Ultimate Weapon would be activated (although the choice didn't matter anyway, since the Ultimate Weapon was still activated afterward). He comments how you being a "chosen one" has the potential to change the future similar to how he acknowledged Ash as one in the anime. Like the XY games, the choose of which button you choose doesn't matter, though instead of the Weapon activating, Lysandre fights you anyway to "buy time for the weapon to activate." After the battle, Lysandre ponders what would've happened if he had "a trainer like you" in his world lead to him a different choice, but he throws that aside anyway as he concludes his own path is the right to achieve his goals. Then he teleports back to his own world. Yet another villainous team leader who didn't really leave an impression in Rainbow Rocket.

Cyrus, on the other hand, was my favorite of the three, and probably tied with Ghetsis's scene during the RR episode. With Cyrus's scene, he first asks you if the world you're in is the "new world." After you answer either choice, he comments how you have strong spirit because of your desire to protect "something." He realizes that the world he's in is not the he wanted, and then he talks about how he succeeded in creating a new universe in his dimension, but then Giratina (which he refers to as a shadow) swallowed him, and then he ended up in the USUM world. Afterwards, Cyrus notices your Rotomdex and comments, "Interesting... in this world, even the Pokedex is..." He goes silent for a minute, and then he figures you have a spirit, and then he proclaims how we will wipe out emotion and spirit from the USUM world the same way he did in his world.

After the battle, Cyrus wonders, "How are you able to turn those bonds to strength." The Rotomdex tells him that you are kind to all Pokemon. Cyrus goes silent again. He then assures Rotom he won't do anything to the USUM world and will instead return to his newly created universe. After giving you the key to travel to the next area, he ponders, "Had I met you sooner... would things have been different for me...?" This is a contrast from Lysandre, who also pondered the same thing but then shoved it aside and still held onto his belief his way to achieve his goals was the best way.

I think Cyrus's stands out from the other four because he actually gets some nice characterization that delves more into his character. In the DPP games, it is mentioned that Cyrus was a huge technology lover when he was a child, and growing up, gadgets was the main thing he surrounded himself, to the point that he felt more attached to them than other people. Here, we are shown how Cyrus was a technology lover in his youth. Judging by how he temporarily goes silent after seeing the Rotomdex before you fight him, then becoming silent again when the Rotomdex gives an answer, and then saying how he won't recreate the world afterward, you can tell Cyrus seeing the Rotomdex made him nostalgic of those childhood years when he was a technology-lover. After all, it was in technology during those years he found solace and comfort (because growing up, he was isolated as a child due to his parents putting high academic standards on him). The way he also recognizes Rotom also suggests he might have encountered the Pokemon in his youth and had fond memories of it (which is a bit odd since it was Charon that discovered Rotom during his childhood and played with it, but the way how Cyrus behaves around Rotom in USUM could imply he too met Rotom back then).
Well...

I think the stuff with Archie and Maxie sounds fine, giving a genuine reason for what they do and all. And them reflecting on their hubris a bit, but still convinced that what they did was right is fine. The fact that they still wanted to go at it was cool.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
ChikoLad ChikoLad The patch datamind for SF shows a Sanic t shirt and of course the Super sonic but everyone is 1000% angry the game has a meme in it. A meme that if the sonic twitter has made about it being a shirt irl, they would be laughing their asses off but since its in a game no one seems to like, its a mistake

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I didn't know how much I wanted this until Schnee117 Schnee117 joked about it and then it happened.

Everything makes sense, that's why there's so much cup noodles

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Schnee117 Schnee117 can predict the future

*30 minutes later*
And people said Lightning was everywhere. Yet what she has been in can't even compare to what Noctis has been getting into. And I thought the Assassin's Creed one was out of nowhere. And this is the game that also has both Akuma and Geese Howard.

Geez, Fighting Guest Stars have come a long way. If only there was one other Namco game to experience this time and era.....

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
TMNT in Injustice. Noctis in Tekken.

I, for one, am looking forward to Simon Belmont in Street Fighter.

Chrono.

I wonder where all people who said Lightning was milked to hell are at now.

Anyhow, fighting games in 2018 are gonna be ****ing crazy. From Ninja Turtles to a high profile DBZ game to Final Fantasy in Tekken.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Teenage Mutant Noctis Turtles

. . .Wait hold on this means they're going to top :4bayonetta: for crazy with a third party character next Smash doesn't it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
TMNT in Injustice. Noctis in Tekken.

I, for one, am looking forward to Simon Belmont in Street Fighter.

I wish.....but we know that will never happen when you remember who they would deal with. Besides, Simon should be in Soul Calibur or Smash.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

. . .Wait hold on this means they're going to top :4bayonetta: for crazy with a third party character next Smash doesn't it.
Goku

So what are we looking at? Master Chief? Banjo-Kazooie? Scorpion? Lara Croft? Saber? Ashen One? Dragonborn? Popeye?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ah Damn it. i was rooting for Speedkicks, and he went all out to the very end with my dude Hwoarang. I'm glad America is still in it. But I just don't want to see too many Jacks.

Also, you can dress Geese in his classic outfit from Art of Fighting.

With Noctis, I'm kind of interested, though it isn't as hype for me as Akuma or Geese. That said, I do find it funny that he's friends with Lars. Makes sense, since he's the most anime character in the roster.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Doom is seriously addicting...

Also this menu theme...
I give it a 9 (Inch Nails)/10

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can I also say that appreciate all the Tekken 3 music that the stream is playing. Still one of the best game soundtracks of all time.

Aaaaaand, the next match is about to begin. We've got a Bryan player, cool.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Noctis in Tekken, not Soul Calibur.

Wut.

I'm more suprised than anything. He looks cool but I've become very dissinterested in FFXV. Haven't even paid any attention to Episode Ignis details and I got bored of the Assassain's Creed event very quickly.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yo. Is Joey Fury gonna use Paul. Alright. More interesting than Jack at least.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Noctis in Tekken, not Soul Calibur.

Wut.

I'm more suprised than anything. He looks cool but I've become very dissinterested in FFXV. Haven't even paid any attention to Episode Ignis details and I got bored of the Assassain's Creed event very quickly.
Well of course he's gonna be in the series that's currently not dead.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Diablo Jimmy is the best nickname I heard for Devil Jin.

I still use normal Jin more though.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
They could still get something that's more expressive, less stiff, without diving into generic shonen.
I know I'm gonna get looks for this but I'll take generic shonen over the generic generic of the first two games any day.

The first two games had so little identity to their character artstyles they may as well have collapsed into a black hole. At least cute shonen is something. And considering the aforementioned utter lack of identity, I'm not sure if I have faith in them pinning down an artstyle more distinct than this. Yeah that doesn't speak well to them, but. . .I'll take the improvement where I can get it LOL. Character artstyle is a blatant weak point of this franchise.

But they're getting ripped a new one for "anime" so I could see them changing direction for the next Xenoblade anyway. I guess we'll see in a couple years.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They could still get something that's more expressive, less stiff, without diving into generic shonen.
Shonen isn't what start all those expressive faces in anime tbh... as long as it isn't childish as what most Corocoro mangas are (Which have way more wacky expressions, look at Super Mario Kun for example..) then I am fine. Or how characters in One Piece tends to be...
Even the manga has F Zero as cameo, what are you doing Nintendo? Give us F- Zero!

So far those expressions in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 aren't even at the level of Shonen just yet, they quite often appear in most animes.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's a reset for the Tekken World Tour Grand Finals.

Can Diablo Jim do it?

EDIT:
QUDANS takes it. He managed to beat both JDCR and Saint. That Heihachi and Devil Jin set was the best. A really hype tournament, through and through.

The Award Ceromony is up now. Harada's gonna get up on stage.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ChikoLad ChikoLad The patch datamind for SF shows a Sanic t shirt and of course the Super sonic but everyone is 1000% angry the game has a meme in it. A meme that if the sonic twitter has made about it being a shirt irl, they would be laughing their ***** off but since its in a game no one seems to like, its a mistake
I haven't seen anyone angry about it.

Those people probably just hate fun.

I wonder where all people who said Lightning was milked to hell are at now.
As a fan of the XIII saga and Lightning, don't even get me started.

>Lightning gets two games with a starring role, one with a supporting role, and a couple of appearances in crossover games with every other main FF protagonist like Dissidia and mobile games
>"STOP MILKING HER SQUARE REEEEEEEEE"

>Noctis gets a game, said game gets a big DLC plan, he gets an anime, he gets two mobile games including a demake of the original game, he gets a VR spin-off, makes appearances in all of these FF spin-offs too with a bigger fanfare for his inclusion, his original game is getting a second DLC plan, and now he's making appearances in other franchises as an FF rep over Cloud
>"This is fine absolutely nothing abnormal about this"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, IS, you know this is not okay why do you do this?
Also, yay for 200 Orbs!

Edit:
How can anyone say Feathers are easy to obtain? I'm gonna hit 20k again when the Arena season ends today but I have to promote 4* versions of Nino, Arvis and Arden for the Merges and I also have a bunch of units I want to actually use like Eirika and Roderick.

Also, does Jeorge has any skills worth inheriting or should I just feather him off?

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

It's hard to figure out how they might do that - maybe a western third party character? Rayman and Crash would probably be predictable, but I think that Doomguy could be interesting.

Noctis in Tekken?

Holy **** a reason to buy Tekken lol
Funnily enough, I felt the same way about Geese.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi. I'm looking for a good game to play next on Wii U or PS4. I'm really into exploration based fantasy/sci-fi games like Dark Souls, Skyrim, Darksiders 2, LoZ Breath of the Wild, etc. Any recommendations?

Is FF15 any good? I heard after a certain point it becomes extremely linear and the story gets absurd. My favorite FF was 12 because it's focus on exploration and more down to Earth political story.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hey, IS, you know this is not okay why do you do this?

Also, yay for 200 Orbs!

Edit:
How can anyone say Feathers are easy to obtain? I'm gonna hit 20k again when the Arena season ends today but I have to promote 4* versions of Nino, Arvis and Arden for the Merges and I also have a bunch of units I want to actually use like Eirika and Roderick.

Also, does Jeorge has any skills worth inheriting or should I just feather him off?

Also, Jeorge has Seal Atk 3. Not exactly worth inheriting, although Daggers users can make decent use of it if you're into debuffing(those with Rogue Dagger, like Matthew or Gaius, can make very interesting use of it since it would drastically reduce the damage they would get).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom