• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So who is picking up Rocket League on Switch tomorrow?

It's already out in some regions but it's releasing tonight at 9 PM PST and 12 AM EST

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Speaking of release dates, Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon come out in four days.

I'm really looking forward to the new stuff that they added.

D

Deleted member

The sense of pride and accomplishment is now easier to attain.

Now it's just 59999 instead of 60000
Well that was quite the title and EA situation to see and learn about today. Anyway who's ready to pay to watch the FEH Channel tomorrow?
I sure am... if it wasn't airing at 1am here, I'll just watch it in the morning

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
You can unlock a Swamp related title by grinding 78,000 likes via non****posts or pay directly to Opossum by sending him Chrom related merch.

The sense of accomplishment caused by buying that mousepad is unreal.
Let's see, I just hit 10,000 likes a few days ago, and if I need 78,000, and I've been on this site for 3.4 years...
Hmmmm, if I'm correct...
It would take me about 26.52 years to obtain that sweet Swampasauce related title.

That sounds like an Eternally Awful, Exponential Amount of wasted time.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So who is picking up Rocket League on Switch tomorrow?

It's already out in some regions but it's releasing tonight at 9 PM PST and 12 AM EST
I will be...been looking forward to getting the game since it was revealed at e3!

Gonna be bouncing between that and Doom for quite a while, most likely...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Let's see, I just hit 10,000 likes a few days ago, and if I need 78,000, and I've been on this site for 3.4 years...
Hmmmm, if I'm correct...
It would take me about 26.52 years to obtain that sweet Swampasauce related title.

That sounds like an Eternally Awful, Exponential Amount of wasted time.
You've been here for more than three years and you're worried about time wasted? :troll:

EDIT: Speaking of... I've been here for more than six years. Six. Years. That's like... Two threes. Three twos! I could've solved world hunger in six years and I instead spend it HERE?

Time well spent.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
An EA employee on reddit tried saying it was justified to have to grind 40 hours to unlock Darth Vader as a playable character in an 80 dollar game. Of course, the game has microtransactions which could skip the grinding. Also, people who got review copies have to grind 6 times less than regular customers to unlock characters (a reviewer knly had to pay 1000 points but anyone else would pay 6000 points). Gaming community has been sending death threats and assault threats left and right because ofc they would
Stop giving these damn companies money. Problem solved.

But oh no what's self control

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is my favourite thing to come out of Noctis being revealed for Tekken 7

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Tumblr Mobile™ is now taking forever to load but that's not even the best part, because now, for some reason, when I scroll down enough that it'd need to load again, instead of just preventing me from continuing to scroll down, it... puts me on a Groundhog Post Loop.
Like, it just keeps repeating the same 10 or so posts over and over again. And I just find this so funny because I'm not sure if it's actually the app or me who's stuck in a time loop but I assume I gotta carefully read or watch everything or I'll never leave it

Ivander

Smash Legend
Tumblr Mobile™ is now taking forever to load but that's not even the best part, because now, for some reason, when I scroll down enough that it'd need to load again, instead of just preventing me from continuing to scroll down, it... puts me on a Groundhog Post Loop.
Like, it just keeps repeating the same 10 or so posts over and over again. And I just find this so funny because I'm not sure if it's actually the app or me who's stuck in a time loop but I assume I gotta carefully read or watch everything or I'll never leave it
I'm pretty sure it's the app. Cause if you were the one stuck in a time loop, you'd probably have 10 of the same post getting posted over and over.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Oh boy the Battlefront 2 reviews are coming in. Please savage it for it's bull****.

And I just find this so funny because I'm not sure if it's actually the app or me who's stuck in a time loop
Shishœ, I've come to bargain!

D

Deleted member

"New Star Wars trilogy announced"
I thought I had stumbled on news from 3 years ago but nope, it's actually a thing, we're getting another trilogy after this one.
OH BOY
I'm pretty sure it's the app. Cause if you were the one stuck in a time loop, you'd probably have 10 of the same post getting posted over and over.
I dunno, once I thought I had posted something here but then I come back and it's still saved as a draft and the post is nowhere to be seen.

Also, update on w w w tumblr dot com: I clicked on a link, it didn't open, I then got stuck on the loop again so I just closed the app. Fast-forward 5 minutes and I'm watching an Youtube video when suddenly the link I had clicked ****ing opens.
Truly a beautiful app

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
"New Star Wars trilogy announced"
I thought I had stumbled on news from 3 years ago but nope, it's actually a thing, we're getting another trilogy after this one.
OH BOY
Literally everyone here seemed to miss it when I posted about it.

D

Deleted member

Literally everyone here seemed to miss it when I posted about it.

I miss a lot of things, I have a really bad aim
And also I mostly catch up eith the thread right on the morning so maybe that has something to do with my reading comprehension but nah probably not

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So while EA is being cancer....

I have a challenge for you.

Vs Capcom games? Nah fam.

Make a roster for a Nintendo vs Namco game!

Some rules.

• 20 characters on each side for a total of forty characters.
  • Each side must have one series with 4 characters, one with 3 and one with 2.
  • Yoshi and Wario would be counted as Mario characters.
  • Explain your thought process. Though obvious ones like Mario don't need much of one.

D

Deleted member

Arena Season ended, that means I have enough Feathers to promote a 4* Nino
Only more 8 Ninos and 160k feathers for her to do her bestest best
If I don't have another Nino by the time I hit 20k again, I'll likely promote Arvis because I ended up really liking him.
He may not be what most expected but his sheer utility as a debuffer(Spd Ploy Seal when) and as a healer make him a great asset. Not to mention he does wonders against Green Mages thanks to his high Res.
And hey, he's likely sticking around as a bonus unit this week so that's good.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
EA Sports A Brand New Way To Piss Off Their Consumers: It's in the game
E-A Sports, it's in the Shop

Some rules.

• Explain your thought process. Though obvious ones like Mario don't need much of one.
Mario
Luigi - I believe Luigi fits in with Mario, Peach, and Bowser better than Yoshi and Wario.
Bowser
Peach
Pikachu - Classic Pokemon
Decidueye - Modern Pokemon
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Chrom - Marth may be Fire Emblem's 1st protag, but Chrom is the one who always seems to be put into the crossovers.
Samus
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch - A Very Unique Fighter, also Classic
DK
Little Mac - For Western Fans, I guess.
Shulk - I Actually considered Rex/Pyra, for the whole: "New game fighter" thing, but I think Shulk would be better.
Fox - Honestly just a last minute decision

I'll admit, most of my Namco knowledge is limited to the classic arcades, the Tales series, and also characters that appeared in Project X Zone 2, so this list will probably look really weird to Namco fans.

Pac-Man
Inky - This is a stretch.
Jin Kazama
Yoshimitsu - I dunno
Nina Williams - I dunno again.
Kuma - It's a bear
Taizo Hori/Dig Dug - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0eEchGG9sA, considered Galaga, but that just feels like going too far.
Kite - Liked this guy in PXZ2
Haseo - Same as above
Klonoa
Ivy Valentine - Again, I dunno, I've heard this character's name a lot, so I assume she's popular
Chai Xianguha - Apparently Soul Calibur's main character or something
Katamari Damacy Guy - Uhhhhhhhh-Why Not? Could be cool... Adding this type of character to a fighting game takes balls after all.
Lloyd Irving- Classic Tales Protag
Ludger Will Kresnik- I have a serious Xillia bias. I also considered Jude and Milla, but I think Ludger would be a cool character to have in a fighting game, considering his multiple weapon styles.
Velvet - Recent Tales Protag, also pretty cool.
KOS-MOS - PXZ2
Nana Kozuki - The world needs more hammer characters
Haruka Amami - I find this hilarious. Also, I actually did watch the anime, so there's precedent, sort of.
Rena Hayami - I think I'm pushing it at this point.

I'm not even sure if some of these count, but I would honestly love a game like this.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
According to Rocket League Wiki, the in-game file name for the Luigi NSR car is "Calzone2" (I'm guessing the Mario NSR is just "Calzone")

Is that suppose to be an Italian thing?

D

Deleted member

MvCI's uneven-looking character select screen reminds me of MvC1's, though at least the latter's looked more seamless due to the use of only one color and the Marvel and Capcom characters not facing each other.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Some rules.

Ok. Not as hype as Nintendo vs Capcom, in terms of IPs, but interesting nonetheless.

Nintendo
- Mario, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser
- Link, Zelda, Ganondorf
- Samus, Zero Suit
- DK, Diddy
- Marth(Lucina alt), Ike
- Kirby, DDD
- Falcon, Fox
- Little Mac
- Pikachu, Charizard

I mostly stuck to the iconic franchises while only Mario gets more than 3. If I had one extra slot, it'd be for Shulk, so you can have a more obscure fighter.

Namco
- Pac-Man(Ms. for an Alt), Klonoa,
- Jin, Heihachi, Nina Williams, King
- Nightmare, Taki, Yoshimitsu(he's in both Soul Calibur and Tekken)
- Kos-Mos, Tel-Os
- Bravoman
- Lloyd Irving ,Luke(Tales of)
- Dig Dug, and Mr. Driller
- The Prince from Katamari
- Rick Taylor from Splatterhouse
- The two .//Hack characters who's names I forget.

Namco's harder since I mostly know them from their two fighting game franchises. Still, tried to mix new and old alike. Like I said, I think Nintendo vs Capcom would be better.

D

Deleted member

The lack of Digimon in these Nintendo vs. Namco rosters kills my inner child.

Am I the only one that would take the opportunity to capitalize on the Pokémon vs. Digimon aspect that would be completely possible with such a game? :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't know what possessed them to have only two Capcom characters as DLC.
Supposedly, the next DLC(the only part of that leak that sounds plausible, mind you)is 4 Capcom and 2 Marvel. Evening up the roster count. Should have been 3 and 3, but they gotta shill the MCU I guess. Bucky should have been saved for the 2nd set.

The lack of Digimon in these Nintendo vs. Namco rosters kills my inner child.

Am I the only one that would take the opportunity to capitalize on the Pokémon vs. Digimon aspect that would be completely possible with such a game? :(
I really just keep forgetting that they are owned by Namco. With that in mind, swap out 2 of my choices for Agumon and Gabumon.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
MvCI's uneven-looking character select screen reminds me of MvC1's, though at least the latter's looked more seamless due to the use of only one color and the Marvel and Capcom characters not facing each other.
This one I don't mind. It's uneven, but it's symmetrical.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
E-A Sports, it's in the Shop

Mario
Luigi - I believe Luigi fits in with Mario, Peach, and Bowser better than Yoshi and Wario.
Bowser
Peach
Pikachu - Classic Pokemon
Decidueye - Modern Pokemon
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Chrom - Marth may be Fire Emblem's 1st protag, but Chrom is the one who always seems to be put into the crossovers.
Samus
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch - A Very Unique Fighter, also Classic
DK
Little Mac - For Western Fans, I guess.
Shulk - I Actually considered Rex/Pyra, for the whole: "New game fighter" thing, but I think Shulk would be better.
Fox - Honestly just a last minute decision

I'll admit, most of my Namco knowledge is limited to the classic arcades, the Tales series, and also characters that appeared in Project X Zone 2, so this list will probably look really weird to Namco fans.

Pac-Man
Inky - This is a stretch.
Jin Kazama
Yoshimitsu - I dunno
Nina Williams - I dunno again.
Kuma - It's a bear
Taizo Hori/Dig Dug - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0eEchGG9sA, considered Galaga, but that just feels like going too far.
Kite - Liked this guy in PXZ2
Haseo - Same as above
Klonoa
Ivy Valentine - Again, I dunno, I've heard this character's name a lot, so I assume she's popular
Chai Xianguha - Apparently Soul Calibur's main character or something
Katamari Damacy Guy - Uhhhhhhhh-Why Not? Could be cool... Adding this type of character to a fighting game takes balls after all.
Lloyd Irving- Classic Tales Protag
Ludger Will Kresnik- I have a serious Xillia bias. I also considered Jude and Milla, but I think Ludger would be a cool character to have in a fighting game, considering his multiple weapon styles.
Velvet - Recent Tales Protag, also pretty cool.
KOS-MOS - PXZ2
Nana Kozuki - The world needs more hammer characters
Haruka Amami - I find this hilarious. Also, I actually did watch the anime, so there's precedent, sort of.
Rena Hayami - I think I'm pushing it at this point.

I'm not even sure if some of these count, but I would honestly love a game like this.

I kinda went kinda random with some Namco characters since I don't have much knowledge of most of their franchises.
-Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser round out Mario with Wario as an added bonus with moves from his Mario debuts as well as his Warioware and Wario Land games.
-Link, Zelda, Ganondorf round out Zelda quite nicely, along with both Diddy and Donkey for DK
-Samus is a lone representative, Ridley is only the most notable and everyone else beat him out of it.
-Kirby and King Dedede
-Villager due to Animal Crossing being a pretty large Nintendo franchise that constantly gets new games
-Inkling due to the instant success Splatoon was
-Pikachu is also obv, with Mewtwo as a popular legendary Pokemon
-Chrom and Lucina as a tag team, like how they were in PXZ2. Not the newest faces of Fire Emblem, but very iconic and used often for crossovers
-Shulk for Xenoblade, given that Xenoblade has also become a big success akin to Splatoon
-Olimar could definitely be interesting using his pikmin, and Pikmin 4 is also in process of being made

-I did the top row to consist of retro and arcade characters
-2nd row is for Tekken, aside from Jin and Heichi I had no idea who to add to Tekken
-Chihaya would be a rhythm based character, I also know nothing of Idolmaster, so I chose a character at random, hopefully she's somewhat important
-Third row is for Tales of characters, I knew I would have Lloyd in and I was thinking maybe Sheena as well due to her ninja playstyle, but I decided to go for adding 2 other characters from different Tales of games, as with Tekken and Chihaya, I know pretty much nothing of Tales of, so hopefully they're alright choices.
- Katamari and Kloana also are popular characters, so I added them to row 3 as well.
- Row 4 is mostly Soul Calibur, which I also have no knowledge of the series, however I believe the three I chosen were popular SC characters, so I chose them.
-I also added Agumon for Digimon, due to the previous rivalry between Digimon and Pokemon, and I added Kos-Mos for Xenogears, which would be interesting to see her with Shulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom