• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
These are the names of the new UBs for those that are curious:

Poipole = Adhesive

Naganadel = Adhesive's evo via level up while knowing Dragon Pulse. Naganadel is Poison/Dragon-type.

Stakataka = Assembly

Blacephalon = Burst

And that new bipedal cat-looking Pokemon is indeed a new mythical Pokemon It's name is Zeraora, and it is a pure Electric-type.

Team Soren here, I for one am looking forward to washing down my meal of lobster with some pineapple juice and tacos.

I ranked 343rd in the round for team Soren, making for a nice 3,000 feathers, too. Pretty satisfied overall, so far.

Anyone on any of the losing sides in the first round, you are more than welcome to join us in supporting the objectively best character in the gauntlet.
So you're on Team Soren, huh? Looks like we'll be rivals this upcoming round!

But beware, I will be giving it my all. Good luck!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Looks like there are USUM spoilers going about... I'll try my best to avoid them, since I'm now hoping to get the game and see it for myself, now that I feel like it'll be worth my time... Thankfully I'll be finished with my assignments (both which are due tomorrow, by the way) by the game's launch, so maybe I'll pick it up before the end of November.

Regardless, I've caught up on the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct. Looks pretty entertaining, but every day the game's launch gets closer, the more I'm reminded of how I've yet to finish XC1... Well I know what game I'm going to binge before the start of the next uni semester.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so incase you were wondering i got all of the new pokemon in one place
and i even made sure to have them all not shiny

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It seems that Zeraora's signature move was also revealed:

Plasma Fists: The user attacks with electrically charged fists. This move changes Normal-type moves to Electric-type moves.

Sounds like a move Zerarora would use.

I will say, Zeraora is starting to grow on me. This may just be one of the coolest-looking cat Pokemon I've seen thus far, and I'm hoping it has some good stats that capitalize its sweeping capabilities.

On another note, the updated Alola Pokedex was leaked. You can view it here.

Main takeaway: the Ralts evolution line is absent yet again...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
New Pokéman stats:

Lycanroc (Dusk Form)
Rock
Ability: Tough Claws

HP: 75
Atk: 117
Def: 65
SpA: 55
SpD: 65
Spe: 110
BST: 487

Poipole (UB Adhesive)
Poison
Ability: Beast Boost

HP: 67
Atk: 73
Def: 67
SpA: 73
SpD: 67
Spe: 73
BST: 420

Naganadel
Poison/Dragon

HP: 73
Def: 73
SpA: 127
SpD: 73
Spe: 121
BST: 540

Stakataka (UB Assembly)
Rock/Steel

HP: 61
Atk: 131
Def: 211
SpA: 53
SpD: 101
Spe: 13
BST: 570

Blacephalon (UB Burst)
Fire/Ghost

HP: 53
Atk: 127
Def: 53
SpA: 151
SpD: 79
Spe: 107

Necrozma (Dusk Mane)
Psychic/Steel
Ability: Prism Armor

HP: 97
Atk: 157
Def: 127
SpA: 113
SpD: 109
Spe: 77
BST: 680

Necrozma (Dawn Wings)
Psychic/Ghost

Atk: 113
Def: 109
SpA: 157
SpD: 127

"Ultra Necrozma"

Psychic/Dragon
Ability: Neuroforce

Atk: 167
Def: 97
SpA: 167
SpD: 97
Spe: 129
BST: 754

Zeraora
Electric
Ability: Volt Absorb

HP: 88
Atk: 112
Def: 75
SpA: 102
SpD: 80
Spe: 143
BST: 600

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
A new move list for old Pokémon was compiled by Smogon.

Kommo-o getting Close Combat, Oshawott getting Sacred Sword, Ponyta getting High Horsepower, Riolu getting Meteor Mash, and Decidueye getting Shadow Sneak, Leaf Storm, and a couple other moves.

Listening now, they're pure fire.
Ghetsis theme was done very well, the drums are as intense as ever and the chants are still really good. Same with Giovanni's new theme, it's a great remix of the original.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
New Pokéman stats:

Poipole (UB Adhesive)
Poison

HP: 67
Def: 67
SpA: 73
SpD: 67
Spe: 73
BST: 420

Naganadel
Poison/Dragon

HP: 73
Def: 73
SpA: 127
SpD: 73
Spe: 121
BST: 540

Stakataka (UB Assembly)
Rock/Steel

HP: 61
Atk: 131
Def: 211
SpA: 53
SpD: 101
Spe: 13

Blacephalon (UB Burst)
Fire/Ghost

HP: 53
Atk: 127
Def: 53
SpA: 151
SpD: 79
Spe: 107

Necrozma (Dusk Mane)
Psychic/Steel

Atk: 157
Def: 127
SpA: 113
SpD: 109

Necrozma (Dawn Wings)
Psychic/Ghost

Atk: 113
Def: 109
SpA: 157
SpD: 127

"Ultra Necrozma"

Psychic/Dragon
Ability: Neuroforce

Atk: 167
Def: 97
SpA: 167
SpD: 97
Spe: 129
BST: 754

Zeraora
Electric
Ability: Volt Absorb

HP: 88
Atk: 112
Def: 75
SpA: 102
SpD: 80
Spe: 143
BST: 600
Neuroforce makes super effective hits stronger apparantly

D

Deleted member

RIP Miiverse, died for this great remix of Ghetsis theme
I've sacrificed at least four Ninos for the benefit of other better units like Soren.
Silly Moydow, there aren't units better than Nino, you monster
-Cecilia does not need to be 5* for Gronraven, only for Gronraven+. Inigo works well enough with regular Gronraven, so you don't need to 5* Cecilia unless you want the extra damage.
-Draug has Ward Armor and he's a common 3-4* drop.
-Regular Henry has G Tomebreaker and Setsuna has Bow Breaker.
-Besides Nino, the other characters that have Draw Back are Sully(easily one of the most common Lances), Mae(who also has Blue Tome 2xEXP) and Fae(who also has Renewal 3).
Well, I have two 3* Henrys so guess I jave some use for them
Team Takumi beat Team Karel after a hard fought yet great battle
That was a massacre what are you talking about.

What surprises me is that Soren won, a pleasent surprise tbh but how!?
Now the Ryoma supporters are gonna join Takumi and curbstomp him

I'm Team Amelia and I'm pretty sure she's getting to the finals because lol Shanna lol
Oh hey cool
Ok, wHAT IN THE ****!?

D

Deleted member

Zigzagoon can learn Extreme Speed again
I repeat, Zigzagoon can learn Extreme Speed.
MOTHER****ING EXTREME BELLY SPEED IS BACK

EDIT: Farfetch'd learns First Impression
I'm now convinced the GF workers just got high one day when deciding these new moves

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Reminder to tag me when they leak the hairstyles. Bye for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Close Combat Kommo-o, ****ing finally.

>Learns Autotomize
>Has 13 Base Speed

lmao

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Move Tutor list is out.

Defog, Liquidation, Stomping Tantrum, Throat Chop, and Laser Focus have been added to the pool.

Liquidation is a really great option so that's a nice addition, Stomping Tantrum will also be decent for those who lack a good Ground Type move.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Move Tutor list is out.

Defog, Liquidation, Stomping Tantrum, Throat Chop, and Laser Focus have been added to the pool.

Liquidation is a really great options so that's a nice addition, Stomping Tantrum will also be decent for those who lack a good Ground Type move.
If Throat Chop is distributed well enough, rip sound moves.
Don't think many will carry it(because Knock Off) but anyone that uses a Substitute set will want it as their damaging move

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
USUM leaks are pretty cool. Most hype for me is

Nagnadel. Poison/ Dragon hype. Can't wait to mono run Posion type with it.

It also makes that UB seem like a more normal Pokemon, evolving and not having the 670 BST.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
of all the people playing sonic forces only 2 die hard sonic fans i watch said they liked it

furthering the proof that the only good thing to come out of forces was mania(out of the desperate need to justify classic sonic in forces but i digress)

thoes people being megaGwolf and tealgamemaster so if you want to see a stream(g) or a playthrough(teal) of people who enjoy the game you now know where to look

D

Deleted member

Sonic Forces me to preorder his game to get the Joker (P5) costume and... Sonic Forces me to want to replay Mania again!
I got the game yesterday and I beat it the same day, yes it's that short. Some of the stages can be so short that you will blaze through this game even if you aren't a Sonic expert; I have played Sonic games before, but even I was shocked that one stage lasted a minute and 18 seconds and it wasn't a boss stage. I've heard the game is 4 hours long; I wasn't keeping count but it feels shorter than that.

The story is average. I guess it's one of the better stories in the Sonic franchise, but it's a story in the Sonic franchise so my expectations were extremely low. It is off-putting how they try to make it serious while Sonic is spouting one-liners. It doesn't match the tone very well. Also, for some reason, you never fight Chaos. Yup, despite being in the promotional material and trailers, you never fight him. You never fight Shadow either, but I am willing to let it slide because of plot reasons.

As for gameplay... I think Modern Sonic played better in Generations. I preferred how they handled the boost system there and, oddly enough, Forces lacks a drift which would've made some sections where you have to turn a lot easier. The avatar feels forced in too; they feel like a diet Modern Sonic and it's like they wanted to include Wisps, but they didn't know how so they made a second Modern Sonic. Classic Sonic feels like he does in Generations... meaning he doesn't control the same as the Genesis games. If they are going to bring back Classic Sonic, I wish they would at least have the Mania team handle his gameplay because he controlled beautifully in that game.

The stages aren't that memorable and they aren't as open I feel like. Back to Generations, the levels in that game had a linear point A to point B format, but there were upper and lower paths that made replaying them enjoyable and different every time. In Forces, they feel too linear with fewer branching paths. The fact these stages are so short compounds this issue I feel like. Now while the game is short and you can make it longer by going for 100% (all Red Rings, all S ranks), I don't think players would feel motivated to do so for how painfully average the game is.

And the music... it's just painfully average. Fist Bump is decent, the avatar vocal tracks are good, and I like the final phase of the final boss, but the soundtrack isn't memorable. I feel like Lost World had a better and more memorable soundtrack than Forces.

All in all... Sonic Team Forces themselves to release a rushed game to meet a deadline. It's not a bad game by any means; I would definitely not put it in the same rankings as Sonic Labyrinth, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06, or Rise of Lyric, but I wouldn't say the game is good. I would give it about a 6/10.

If you're interested in this game, wait for a price drop or sale. The game isn't worth $40. You know which Sonic game is worth its price? Sonic Mania.
Sonic Mania is just $20 and you get a lot more from that game in terms of content and passion and love than you do with Forces. Mania is in my top 3 games of the year (along with Persona 5 and Mario Odyssey) and I think you should buy the game even if you don't like Sonic games. At the very least, you should support the Mania team.
In my opinion... I wouldn't mind it if we no longer get 3D Sonic games like Forces and instead got more 2D Sonic games like Mania. So please, buy Mania.

Erureido Erureido
Found this in the FEH subreddit and thought you'd like it
Takumi is my favorite character, so this hit me. ;-; Oh my god, the feels!
I don't care if there are better archers, Takumi is still my main one!

Chrono.

Oh damn.

guess people were right about the game's boxart hiding something after all.

If you put together the background for both games you would see this star like thing with eyes. So a popular theory was that it some sort of new Necrozma form beyond the Sun/Moon ones and as it turned out, it perfectly matches the newly leaked Ultra Necrozma.

So, yeah. It was right there all along.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
New Pokéman stats:

Lycanroc (Dusk Form)
Rock
Ability: Tough Claws

HP: 75
Atk: 117
Def: 65
SpA: 55
SpD: 65
Spe: 110
BST: 487
That's literally just Midday Lycanroc but with 2 off of the Speed and added to the Attack stat.
What a ****ing waste.

D

Deleted member

Some stuff on the USUM text dump
Mostly related to RR
Arrows and Persian statues return.
Well, they're Meowth statues now but still

There's a traitor inside them
It's ****ing Faba because of course it is I totally didn't call this
I still don't know why he's suddenly evil tbh.
I mean, in SM he was just doing what his boss told him to do and reforms pretty easily.
I'm gonna bet on him being a double agent for Lusamine.
N is NOT in the game

But three characters are mentioned in the trainer names files.
The first two are apparently just Battle Tree partners, the last one is still a mistery because they aren't mentioned anywhere else
Lillie, Mohn and Ash

Chrono.

Some stuff on the USUM text dump
Mostly related to RR
Arrows and Persian statues return.
Well, they're Meowth statues now but still

There's a traitor inside them
It's ****ing Faba because of course it is I totally didn't call this
N is NOT in the game

But three characters are mentioned in the trainer names files.
The first two are apparently just Battle Tree partners, the last one is still a mistery because they aren't mentioned anywhere else
Lillie, Mohn and Ash
????? Ash?

THAT Ash? Like, from Pallet Town?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
A new move list for old Pokémon was compiled by Smogon.

Kommo-o getting Close Combat, Oshawott getting Sacred Sword, Ponyta getting High Horsepower, Riolu getting Meteor Mash, and Decidueye getting Shadow Sneak, Leaf Storm, and a couple other moves.
These changes are from god himself.
Kommo-o with CC is a massive change. I'm so happy they added it to its move set.

Mega Lucario and Meteor Mash is going to be the new standard above Iron Tail. No debates. Its a cool change, for sure.

Decidueye getting Shadow Sneak is a lot bigger then people think. Its a STAB and dependable priority attack that it can boost with SD.

D

Deleted member

????? Ash?

THAT Ash? Like, from Pallet Town?
That's the thing, no one knows
His name isn't mentioned anywhere else and it's just there at the end of the name list.
Some think it's just a random trainer with the same name(unlikely considering the localisation team wouldn't do that) or that it's a small easter egg

And if it is THAT Ash, he's likely post postgame so it'll take time to confirm anything

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So it's funny this leak happened now.

I was watching Lockstin's new video yesterday and he called Ultra Necrozma pretty hard.

...and it makes perfect sense why Ultra Necrozma is higher bst than Arceus.

Like a lot of Sun and Moon, this relates back to alchemy, where some interpretations said that combining the Sun, Moon, and Stars would create Azoth, giving the wielder more power than God. Hence, why it's stronger than Arceus.

...He was wrong about it being a manticore though, but still. :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh man here we go.
Lurantis finally gets Superpower.
EDIT: O H N O
Landorus gets Defog! Oh my god! I have waited so long for this day!

Last edited:

Chrono.

So it's funny this leak happened now.

I was watching Lockstin's new video yesterday and he called Ultra Necrozma pretty hard.

...and it makes perfect sense why Ultra Necrozma is higher bst than Arceus.

Like a lot of Sun and Moon, this relates back to alchemy, where some interpretations said that combining the Sun, Moon, and Stars would create Azoth, giving the wielder more power than God. Hence, why it's stronger than Arceus.

...He was wrong about it being a manticore though, but still. :p
wasn't there a Project Azoth thing mentioned in one of the games or am I misremembering.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
wasn't there a Project Azoth thing mentioned in one of the games or am I misremembering.
Indeed there was. ORAS mentioned it in one of Magma/Aqua's logbooks. References to alchemy go back all the way to Gen IV.

D

Deleted member

Oh man here we go.
Lurantis finally gets Superpower.
EDIT: O H N O
Landorus gets Defog! Oh my god! I have waited so long for this day!
Lurantis finally gets something thank god
Now pls make Solar Blade useful

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So we know the additions to the regional Dex now. I'm so pleased that I called one of them. :p

I called Flabébé. The flower motif was BEGGING to be in the meadows with Cutiefly and Oricorio.

Sad about no Qwilfish, but hey, we have Basculin now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sonic Forces me to preorder his game to get the Joker (P5) costume and... Sonic Forces me to want to replay Mania again!
I gotthe game yesterday and I beat it the same day, yes it's that short. Some of the stages can be so short that you will blaze through this game even if you aren't a Sonic expert; I have played Sonic games before, but even I was shocked that one stage lasted a minute and 18 seconds and it wasn't a boss stage. I've heard the game is 4 hours long; I wasn't keeping count but it feels shorter than that.

The story is average. I guess it's one of the better stories in the Sonic franchise, but it's a story in the Sonic franchise so my expectations were extremely low. It is off-putting how they try to make it serious while Sonic is spouting one-liners. It doesn't match the tone very well. Also, for some reason, you never fight Chaos. Yup, despite being in the promotional material and trailers, you never fight him. You never fight Shadow either, but I am willing to let it slide because of plot reasons.

As for gameplay... I think Modern Sonic played better in Generations. I preferred how they handled the boost system there and, oddly enough, Forces lacks a driftwhich would've made some sections where you have to turn a lot easier. The avatar feels forced in too; they feel like a diet Modern Sonic and it's like they wanted to include Wisps, but they didn't know how so they made a second Modern Sonic. Classic Sonic feels like he does in Generations... meaning he doesn't control the same as the Genesis games. If they are going to bring back Classic Sonic, I wish they would at least have the Mania team handle his gameplay because he controlled beautifully in that game.

The stages aren't that memorable and they aren't as open I feel like. Back to Generations, the levels in thatgame had a linear point A to point B format, but there were upper and lower paths that made replaying them enjoyable and different every time. In Forces, they feel too linear with fewer branching paths. The fact these stages are so short compounds this issue I feel like. Now while the game is short and you can make it longer by going for 100% (all Red Rings, all S ranks), Idon't think players would feel motivated to do so for how painfully average the game is.

And the music... it's just painfully average. Fist Bump is decent, the avatar vocal tracks are good, and I like thefinal phase of the final boss, but the soundtrack isn't memorable. I feel like Lost World had a better and morememorable soundtrack than Forces.

All in all... Sonic Team Forces themselves to release a rushed game to meet a deadline. It's not a bad game by any means; I would definitely not put it in the same rankings as Sonic Labyrinth, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06, or Rise of Lyric, but I wouldn't say the game is good. I would give it about a 6/10.

If you're interested in this game, wait for a price drop or sale. The game isn't worth $40. You know which Sonic game is worth its price? Sonic Mania.
Sonic Mania is just $20 and you get a lot more fromthat game in terms of content and passion and love than you do with Forces. Mania is in my top 3 games of the year (along with Persona 5 and Mario Odyssey) and I think you should buy the game even if you don't like Sonic games. At the very least, you should support the Mania team.
In my opinion... I wouldn't mind it if we no longer get 3D Sonic games like Forces and instead got more 2D Sonic games like Mania. So please, buy Mania.
Apparentl the game is very short if you dont care for getting the collectables so Imma guess you didnt go looking around the stages for collectables?
and about Mania, eh, I like it but not enough to replay it

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Defog is everywhere now. Traps are gonna be harder to keep placed.

Especially because two new defoggers are Landorus and Klefki.

D

Deleted member

So we know the additions to the regional Dex now. I'm so pleased that I called one of them. :p

I called Flabébé. The flower motif was BEGGING to be in the meadows with Cutiefly and Oricorio.

Sad about no Qwilfish, but hey, we have Basculin now.
Ah yes, Basculin, everyone loves Basculin
Gotta love a Ground/Electric type with Limber, just as much as Air Balloon Fan Rotom

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Unsurprisingly Dusk Lycanroc is just essentially a recolor of Midday

Just a difference of 2 points

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Defog is everywhere now. Traps are gonna be harder to keep placed.

Especially because two new defoggers are Landorus and Klefki.
Klefki gets Defog now? That's pretty hype. Glad my boy Klefki got some new tools.

Keyfog.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Unsurprisingly Dusk Lycanroc is just essentially a recolor of Midday

Just a difference of 2 points
Except it has 2+ Attack with Tough Claws, which people seem to forget is a huge difference.

It can learn Drill Run, which is essentially a high crit EQ with Tough Claws. Accelrock is also more powerful as a result, allowing Duskroc to get more revenge kills.
Klefki gets Defog now? That's pretty hype. Glad my boy Klefki got some new tools.

Keyfog.
Priority Defog means a more guaranteed removal.

Because Dark-Types are immune to Prankster, Klefki's Defog also won't proc Bisharp's Defiant. That's a really cool tidbit about Klefki's new fogging ability.

EDIT:
>Feraligatr gets Liquidation
>5 points stronger than Waterfall
>Sheer Force affects Liquidation

Okay its not a super huge deal. I just saw this sprite and the addition of Liquidation to Feraligatr's movepool and I had to do it. :laugh:

Still. It IS stronger. So it might nab additional KOs Waterfall wouldn't.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
HELLO NEW CHAMPION THEME.

Status