• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Inigo works as a Reinhardt/Bow Lyn Counter. Basically, give him Gronraven, Triangle Adept(I see you 2nd Roy) and Bowbreaker. Luna also works decently with him, so there isn't a big need for the common Moonbow. Depending on his Bane, the Distant Defense Seal gives him enough Def and Res to survive.
Neko Sakura should be purely Anti-Mage. She's great with her normal skill set, although Valor can be replaced by anything, like the occasional Hone. For her Special, Glacies works great with her high Res, but takes a while to charge, so Iceberg works just as well and takes shorter to charge.
Sonya's a nuker. Just giving her Fury(or any Damage booster if you aren't a fan of the self-damage) and G Tomebreaker will be great enough for her, as she already has Moonbow. Res Ploy is also good thanks to her High Res, allowing it to activate more often.
For Arden, just give him Bonfire and Ward Armor for Armor sets. He also wants either Pivot or Swap to help his movement. Either way, his Brave Sword+ and Follow-up Ring make him a great offensive damage dealer. The Brash Assault Seal is a great Seal for him, as Follow-Up Ring makes him double when he's above 50% HP and Brash lets him double when he's below 50%(and when the opponent can counterattack).
Celica should be treated as pure Glass Cannon. A good set for her would be Fury and Desperation, as it allows her to take advantage of the damage to do quick follow-ups.
Holy **** I'll finally have an use for Cecili--
*Needs to be 5* to pass Gronnraven*
Good thing the VG is going on right now.

So yeah, guess everyone but Inigo in the main four stays with their default set plus some more skills.
Don't think I'll give Ward Armor to Arden because a) I don't think I have it; and b) The only Armors I have are Hector, BK and a 4* Draug and Sheena. Armor Emblem will have to wait.

Also, I'm kinda of out of Fury and Desperation fodder, surprisingly, Arvis is still waiting for Fury 3 and Nino for Desp 3. Besides, I feel like that'd make Celica too similar to my Nino.

Who has G Tome Breaker Bow Breaker though?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Flower.gif

Does this look like the pedals are spinning? I'm trying to figure out how to make it look like it's spinning

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I suddenly have a major desire for a new Smash game. Usually I don't mind the 6-7 year wait but right now I'm craving another round of Dojo/ Pic of the Day.

Anyway. I have like 100 Moons left in SMO then I'm gonna try out Reddit's version of BotW hard mode - ab alternative to BotW actual hard mode which wasn't very hard and kinda annoying more than anything.
I'm craving another round of crazy speculation myself. It just doesn't pick up much without a game announced on the horizon.

Although at the same time that's definitely a monkey's paw. That's been lit on fire. In an acid pool. On Venus. Which is crashing into the sun. And the sun is also lit on fire.

Still more positive minded than the Sonic fandom at any given time, though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Almost time to start that movie stream. I won't let you all down.

I'm craving another round of crazy speculation myself. It just doesn't pick up much without a game announced on the horizon.

Although at the same time that's definitely a monkey's paw. That's been lit on fire. In an acid pool. On Venus. Which is crashing into the sun. And the sun is also lit on fire.

You know, I wonder if we'll get a Dojo similar to Brawl's now that Miiverse is dying.

That would be something cool.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Almost time to start that movie stream. I won't let you all down.

You know, I wonder if we'll get a Dojo similar to Brawl's now that Miiverse is dying.

That would be something cool.
Considering I think Sakurai finally handed the torch to someone, I'm honestly unsure how they'll handle it.

Will they go weak with the marketing, or will they assign someone to emulate Sakurai's wild blitz of posts?

Or even if they don't do the Dojo/Miiverse. . .what if they set up a News channel for Smash on the Switch and regularly posted updates there? It probably wouldn't be nearly as frequent as the dailies of old, but the place has a ridiculous sense of humor in itself and it's a ready made environment for sitting on the edge of one's seat waiting for news. They'd have to make every news update count in that case, though.

D

Deleted member

I'n surprised it took me this long to realise how much of a cinnamon roll Sakura really is
Let's give her some encouraging, I didn't pull for her only for her to drop her special costume thing

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

We're not toooo bad a fanbase... are we?

I just love speculation so much. I think more than even playing the game in the end.

I know there's a speculation thread already but you're right, we need some form of confirmation before we can really fire up.

Oh well, only 215 days until E3 2018...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
We're not toooo bad a fanbase... are we?

I just love speculation so much. I think more than even playing the game in the end.

I know there's a speculation thread already but you're right, we need some form of confirmation before we can really fire up.

Oh well, only 215 days until E3 2018...
People who supported the "unholy trinity" systematically shut down all forms of speculation around them that didn't revolve around Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo at minimum on Gamefaqs post-Gematsu, a not insignificant chunk of the fandom feels actively offended that characters (that other people like, mind you) are currently in Smash, and one guy ran out of Nintendo NYC crying because Wolf didn't get in as DLC.

The speculation crowd isn't Sonic bad, but it can be. . .special. And that's excluding the Melee fan drivebys, which are basically a Genwunner squad in themselves.

That said, I think I got into the speculation more than actually playing the game too, haha. I went outside of the usual safe choices on just one pick and started placing my chips on Pauline about a year or two ago, and considering the chain of events that's happened since then I think I'm drawing a good hand.

Here we go, off the rails
Don't you know it's time to raise our sails

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I have nothing to do in FEH so can anyone help me with build for these characters+Celica?

They aren't a team, at least not yet, I'm just grinding them up until 20 and then force feeding them crystals. I miss Camilla's Warrior map already.
Pay no mind to Jeorge, he's my benchwarmer, he deserves it for not being Halloween Jakob.
For Inigo, Gronnraven + Triangle Adept (from one of those Roys) + Bowbreaker (from Setsuna) is pretty good, as mentioned elsewhere.

Sakura's base kit is pretty good. Just drop Dagger Valor for a Hone or whatever, and give her an assist (Draw Back (from Nino) is good on ranged units), and she's good. Could maybe swap out Guard for Quick Riposte or a Tomebreaker, but Guard helps ward off Moonbow Reinhardts, so it's not a bad pick.

For Sonya, I hate to be so boring, but I use Fury (from Hinata) and Green Tomebreaker (from Henry) on mine and it works pretty well. Res Ploy and Moonbow are fine, and Moonbow works well with her tome so there's no reason to drop it. Draw Back is a good assist skill for her, or the universally-desirable Reposition.

Arden is another one who does well with his base kit, but you can also replace his default special with Ignis (which I prefer on him over Bonfire, as he can quad everyone so he's more or less guaranteed to trigger Ignis on the last hit, unless he's fighting a ranged unit). His ideal A slot is Fire Boost, but that's rare as hell (why on earth is Luke still 5* only?), so Death Blow (from stuff like Klein, Effie, or Hawkeye) or Earth Boost (from Boey) work well too. Pivot (from Cherche or Marth) is basically obligatory on armour units if you lack Armour March.

I like Renewal (from Fae, Lissa, or regular Jakob) on my Celica, to keep her HP ticking over for Ragnarok - also lets her work as a pseudo-healer if you give her Ardent Sacrifice (from Rebecca or Florina) too. Desperation is another reasonable option. For her A skill, I'd like something like Darting Blow (from Florina, again), Swift Sparrow (from brave Lyn or Katarina, so probably not that reasonable for you), or Life and Death (from Hana, Minerva, or Jaffar). She's not well suited to Distant Def, unfortunately. I would personally absolutely avoid Fury on her - she doesn't really benefit from the extra points in Def and Res, and already takes recoil damage from Ragnarok so no need to pile on more - it would also total 11 recoil damage which is more than Renewal can heal her by.

Some of the skills I mentioned are quite costly in terms of feathers, though. Hope you have plenty of those going spare. :p

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Like I've said before, I'm using the upcoming Brawlout to fill my Smash for Switch void (as my current avatar shows my hype for it).

I just wish Angry Mobs Games will give us a dang release date rather than their "Late 2017" with the year almost over.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Beat Sonic Forces a couple of hours ago.

I'll give more in depth thoughts later, but I'll just say it's probably the most "okay" Sonic game I've ever played.

This is going to be a divisive game alright.

D

Deleted member

Draw Back (from Nino
Why would I ever sacrifice my precious daughter instead of feeding her feathers and merging her into a nuclear bomb?

Still, thanks for the advice, I'll probably grind really hard tomorrow since I have to work o getting the +3 Spd Seal anyways
Why the **** do I need so many badges I already lack a stable income of coins

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I've had True Survivor and Bullet Dance stuck in my head for the last two days, as well as sdome dragonforce. Help.
Kirby Triple Deluxe thoughts:
Cosmic Sectonia was....kind of easy? Didn't really feel that difficult, though I did get a super hard star read at the end. Also, the story felt kinda....rushed, considering nothing happened for 6 worlds then everything happened almost all at once......
Dededetour thoughts
Dedede is so adorable.
I can now add that to the list of things I thought I'd never say.. Seeing him pop up on the home screen, hammer and arms up, he looks so cute. AND HIS BOAT FACE for the secftiosn where you have to control the boat by tilting the ds.
He peeks over the boat with his hands on the edge oh my god it's so freaking adorable I love you dedede and you're too good for this world.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Why would I ever sacrifice my precious daughter instead of feeding her feathers and merging her into a nuclear bomb?

Still, thanks for the advice, I'll probably grind really hard tomorrow since I have to work o getting the +3 Spd Seal anyways
Why the **** do I need so many badges I already lack a stable income of coins
I've sacrificed at least four Ninos for the benefit of other better units like Soren. It gets easier each time. :p If it makes you feel better, I think Sully has Draw Back as well.

Meanwhile those of us who've been playing the game regularly since launch have been crying out for something meaningful to spend badges on. Before the seal forge came along, I had like 1000 of every type of badge, and nothing to do with them since promotion only costs 20 badges. At least they increased the Training Tower payouts recently, so it's not all that bad. I wish they would make it more consistent as to which type of badge you get, though; like, maybe the Lunatic strata can give out only great badges or something.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I got some stupid bad luck.

Apparently my Forces copy was gonna come home today, but the carrier (UPS) delayed it saying my address was wrong. But that can't be right because I've been using the same address on Amazon for years now. I get packages all the time, so I don't understand the issue.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm proud of this OC I made, she's adorable. Probably my second wholly original one.

IMG_20171108_010442.jpg

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They had no intentions of tricking people, just April Fool's fun.

Though I've heard their 2009's Metroid Dread maps made people really wish it was real. (Here)
I can't wait for when we finally get to play Metroid Dread upon release of the DS Classic. :p

Using it as a desktop background. Been meaning to change it for a while than the same Isabelle fanart.

And my apologies for the late reply. Needed to test some things in Rabb.it.
Oh, yeah, sure, go for it! :D

Might be a little small though. :/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was invited out to sushi but my stomach apparently doesn't want me to go

This is the second time I miss out on sushi

Ivander

Smash Legend
Holy **** I'll finally have an use for Cecili--
*Needs to be 5* to pass Gronnraven*
Good thing the VG is going on right now.

So yeah, guess everyone but Inigo in the main four stays with their default set plus some more skills.
Don't think I'll give Ward Armor to Arden because a) I don't think I have it; and b) The only Armors I have are Hector, BK and a 4* Draug and Sheena. Armor Emblem will have to wait.

Also, I'm kinda of out of Fury and Desperation fodder, surprisingly, Arvis is still waiting for Fury 3 and Nino for Desp 3. Besides, I feel like that'd make Celica too similar to my Nino.

Who has G Tome Breaker Bow Breaker though?
-Cecilia does not need to be 5* for Gronraven, only for Gronraven+. Inigo works well enough with regular Gronraven, so you don't need to 5* Cecilia unless you want the extra damage.
-Draug has Ward Armor and he's a common 3-4* drop.
-Regular Henry has G Tomebreaker and Setsuna has Bow Breaker.
-Besides Nino, the other characters that have Draw Back are Sully(easily one of the most common Lances), Mae(who also has Blue Tome 2xEXP) and Fae(who also has Renewal 3).

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The first USUM videos are showing up.

Story/Gameplay changes of the earlygame.
-The Lillie chase scene as expected now involves the Ultra Recon Squad helping the Aether grunts
-There are less cutscenes and tutorials; you can start your adventure really quick.
-An additional grass patch appears on Route 1; a few steps from your house, that patch triggers the event where you get your starter.
-The Lillie bridge scene now involves fighting a Spearow in a Pokémon Battle
-The objects are more saturated; giving a more colorful look
-Overworld shading also improved
-The USR is also present at the Iki Town Festival as observers, you speak to them briefly.

The video contains very mild spoilers, but I would recommend it if you wanna know where to save and soft reset for a shiny or just a good natured starter.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

-The Lillie chase scene as expected now involves the Ultra Recon Squad helping the Aether grunts
-There are less cutscenes and tutorials; you can start your adventure really quick.
-An additional grass patch appears on Route 1; a few steps from your house, that patch triggers the event where you get your starter.
-The USR is also present at the Iki Town Festival as observers, you speak to them briefly.

The video contains very mild spoilers, but I would recommend it if you wanna know where to save and soft reset for a shiny or just a good natured starter.
Anything on the real names of the new Ultra Beasts?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I suddenly have a major desire for a new Smash game. Usually I don't mind the 6-7 year wait but right now I'm craving another round of Dojo/ Pic of the Day.

Anyway. I have like 100 Moons left in SMO then I'm gonna try out Reddit's version of BotW hard mode - ab alternative to BotW actual hard mode which wasn't very hard and kinda annoying more than anything.
I'm the opposite actually.

I mean during the first year post DLC I was craving a new Smash like you but my interest has died down a lot for many different reasons. If we didn't get a new Smash Bros til like 2019 or 2020 I wouldn't mind.

And honestly that's really the only dates that work for a new Smash Bros game. Sakurai is most likely still working on his new project and won't be finished until next year most likely.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Nothing really big, although I'm happy they put some more effort in the graphics of the game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I love how the thing that was easily the thing people hated most about Sun and Moon got fixed. :p

Also Spearow fight!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My pokemon game has 154 new pokemon, 106 new moves, 30 new abilities, 20 new regional forms and 2 new types. :p

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So, with Miiverse ending tonight, here are some of my favorite pictures that I posted on Miiverse:
upload_2017-11-7_21-47-28.jpeg
upload_2017-11-7_21-49-5.jpeg
\
upload_2017-11-7_21-49-50.jpeg
I have a lot more where that came from, but I think these are the best ones to show.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man out of 154 only 5 are psychic type.

Bleaker poison/psychic (magical living beaker)
Psyfowl psychic/flying (psychic peachick)
Psyphasia psychic/flying (psychic peahen/peacock)
Snomad ice/psychic (crazy snowman)
Mothamia bug/psychic (giant moth)

I actually like psychic types. lol

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well it sure took me a while to catch up on what I missed.

Anyways, here's my thoughts on the XC2 Direct.

I kind of wish they didn't spoil that one bit at the beginning, even though Xenoblade trailers have had spoilers in the past.
Watch that happen within 3 hours of the game and being as much of a spoiler as saying "Fiora dies" or "Roxas is Sora's nobody".

As for the characters, I think the cast so far looks a bit interesting. I'm still not a fan of Pyra's design, but I think Mythra looks a bit better. (As for Rex's design, since I haven't said this before, I, surprisingly enough, don't mind Rex's design that much. Must be because it somewhat reminds me of Sora and I've recently become a huge fan of KH) Zeke has my favorite design outI of the main protagonists so far. I really like the designs of the villains in this game (totally not biased because Nomura) and they look like they could be interesting.

The world in the game looks pretty nice.

Being able to rematch Unique Monsters at their graves is really nice.

I'm really liking how much depth there is in terms of how the Blades function. I especially like how Poppi can get stronger by playing that one minigame that they showed off.
The depth of the combat as well seems to be pretty interesting.

The BotW costume is kind of cool.
As for DLC, I'm fine with it since BotW had it as well (I haven't played BotW's DLC yet, but the only problem I have with BotW DLC is if it's for a limited time, which I don't think it is, so I think XC2 should be no different).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The fact that Sleep got 3rd is immensely amusing.
That was a meme vote. Glad it didn't get first

Mirror getting first means it'll be in that one Kirby game on the 3DS

I don't remember what it's called

Edit: Kirby Battle Royale

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been seriously thinking of getting a tattoo...haven't had one yet, mainly because I've been indecisive with what it will be...

Not really worried about the pain of getting a tattoo, but moreso the healing process and whether it will **** up the tattoo once it's healed...

Still thinking of what to get though and have been working on some designs and ideas (some of which are a bit too ambitious and more importantly likely going to be too expensive for me atm)...of course better to start small

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Speaking of mirrior winning theres to be a round 2 of the popularity poll winner also gets into Battle royale

kinda want to see sleep win but i also want yoyo

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
People who supported the "unholy trinity" systematically shut down all forms of speculation around them that didn't revolve around Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo at minimum on Gamefaqs post-Gematsu, a not insignificant chunk of the fandom feels actively offended that characters (that other people like, mind you) are currently in Smash, and one guy ran out of Nintendo NYC crying because Wolf didn't get in as DLC.

The speculation crowd isn't Sonic bad, but it can be. . .special. And that's excluding the Melee fan drivebys, which are basically a Genwunner squad in themselves.

That said, I think I got into the speculation more than actually playing the game too, haha. I went outside of the usual safe choices on just one pick and started placing my chips on Pauline about a year or two ago, and considering the chain of events that's happened since then I think I'm drawing a good hand.

Here we go, off the rails
Don't you know it's time to raise our sails
Pauline is a pretty solid bet, I might have to *clears throat* throw my hat into that ring too.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Happening Status:
It is not
It is <-------

Double Wrap
1510110615135.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom