• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
first off behold me new icon i did in ms paint yesterday (its smt mothman wearing a moogle costume)

secondly my thoughts on the xenoblade direct
the fact the revealed what they did storywise means that it wasnt a big rveal in the grand scheme of things

the expansion pass will be intresting seeing as Xenoblade X in japan had one(it was on the breath of the wild scale)
and one of thoes characters (alexa the skell obbsesed woman) was a permanant party member once i got her means
i should probobly trust them on whatever price they give

and of course im going to dropeverythign once i get to that minigame because why wouldnt i?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man Cell went down like a chump, after taking 4 tries to beat Freiza and Cooler I expected more.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
getting some deeply surprising reports that the new 3D Sonic game isn't very good

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I know it’ll never happen but it’d be so cool if they actually made characters like Broly part of the canon.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
getting some deeply surprising reports that the new 3D Sonic game isn't very good
Here's a real kicker for you:

I'm actually enjoying the levels that I saw streamed and figured I'd like.

Also, in other news I'm pretty sure the Sonic fandom is a made up construct designed to mock a nonexistent entity made up of catfishing accounts and I'm the only person on the planet who actually legitimately enjoys these games. Sales of Sonic titles are entirely made up of bitter hipsters buying the game ironically so they can affirm their own self esteem ripping on a work of fiction online. More news at 11.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's more of abridged Broly than actual Broly

I kind of feel like the community has made the flanderized version of him the actual character

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The very start of the game. Very pitfiul, I know.
Not really... (unless you are still in Colony 9).Jyst kidding though, as for right now I think those who haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 can still play the game without being spoiled to the first one... For now.
And hey, this is the first Xenoblade title being localized in Chinese which is very unusual since it was never a well known JRPG like Final Fantasy. I am pretty sure a lit of them have not play the first game as well.
This month as an Overwatch fan and a Xenoblade Chronicles fanboy. I am super happy as a gamer right now.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tonight's Movie Night will be lit. It was hard to figure out at first, but it's easy to do now.

Ehue.

Looks like Swamp got himself a date.

Err kinda.

Asked if she was free Saturday, said no but offered for Friday and/or Sunday.

So that's definitely not a no. But still don't know the when.
Late, but congrats big guy. Hope you have fun.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Illustrator helps a lot of animating because I can just image trace something that would usually be distorted by rotating and rotate it freely as a vector to help figure out what it would look like

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Didn't realize that Rocket League is only a week away for the Switch.

Good thing I don't plan to buy anymore retail games for a good bit (digitally only games is still very possible though).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well technically I said characters like him. Doesn’t necessarily mean him specifically.

Why not him though?
He's just a very overrated character IMO. His backstory is hilarious for all the wrong reasons and people hype him up so much based on what he did in Movie 8 when pretty much every movie villain did the same thing to the Z-Fighters.

If there was anyone who isn't canon that I would want to be canon it would be Baby from GT. His character was so unique from the other villains and his motives aren't the same as your average Dragon Ball villain. The Shadow Dragons to because they were a really good addition minus the first four.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Apparently the reason why there was no place to preorder the Shadow costume is because it's a free download in my region/area. I think. . .OK then either way, though! :D

Gonna go ahead and take a break and download all of my goodies.

Gotta give Sonic Forces some credit (since no one else will), Bonus Edition is the only game to actually put anything in the game case that I've gotten so far. Kinda missed that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Lettuce try this again.

Photoshop crashed literally right after I saved and finished this. Any sooner and the aneurysm would've been imminent. ^_^;

Working on this made me wish Super Kid Icarus had been a thing that much more. Found a lot of great fan renditions.

The blue creature in the pic is a redesign of the Siren enemy I found in this neat Kid Icarus redesign concept page btw.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well that didn't take long.

And another OC

Also I think Classic Sonic was rushed at this point.

I haven't really played a Sonic game besides the first level (and subsequently the party game section) of Secret Rings, but that music is nice. Kinda reminds me of Opelucid City.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not really... (unless you are still in Colony 9).Jyst kidding though, as for right now I think those who haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 can still play the game without being spoiled to the first one... For now.
And hey, this is the first Xenoblade title being localized in Chinese which is very unusual since it was never a well known JRPG like Final Fantasy. I am pretty sure a lit of them have not play the first game as well.
This month as an Overwatch fan and a Xenoblade Chronicles fanboy. I am super happy as a gamer right now.
I don't really pay too much attention to spoilers. And TBH spoilers don't destroy my viewing/playing experience like it does for some other people. Sometimes knowing things ahead of time makes certain moments that much special when they happen. I knew the whole plot of FF7 before I actually played the game and I enjoyed it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Lettuce try this again.

Photoshop crashed literally right after I saved and finished this. Any sooner and the aneurysm would've been imminent. ^_^;

Working on this made me wish Super Kid Icarus had been a thing that much more. Found a lot of great fan renditions.

The blue creature in the pic is a redesign of the Siren enemy I found in this neat Kid Icarus redesign concept page btw.

Now that's a good fan concept.

Can I steal this for a bit?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Lettuce try this again.

Reminds me of VGMaps.com "rips" of Super Kid Icarus maps for SNES back in April Fool's 2007 http://www.vgmaps.com/NewsArchives/April2007/index.htm

Shame VGMaps haven't done April Fool's maps in years.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Lettuce try this again.

WHOOPS, ALMOST MISSED THIS.

I mean *cough*.

Take your like, then, why don't you.

D

Deleted member

I have nothing to do in FEH so can anyone help me with build for these characters+Celica?
They aren't a team, at least not yet, I'm just grinding them up until 20 and then force feeding them crystals. I miss Camilla's Warrior map already.
Pay no mind to Jeorge, he's my benchwarmer, he deserves it for not being Halloween Jakob.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Now that's a good fan concept.

Can I steal this for a bit?
Yeah, I suppose. What do you plan to do with it?

Reminds me of VGMaps.com "rips" of Super Kid Icarus maps for SNES back in April Fool's 2007 http://www.vgmaps.com/NewsArchives/April2007/index.htm

Shame VGMaps haven't done April Fool's maps in years.
Wait, were they trying to convince people Super Kid Icarus was a thing? Because those are remade levels from the original...

WHOOPS, ALMOST MISSED THIS.

I mean *cough*.

Take your like, then, why don't you.
Thanks!

Chrono.

Do I have you on my friend list? If not can I have your code?
I don't think I have you, mine is SW-1653-7184-2423

But I can't add anyone for a while since I still have no proper wifi (unless I go to Firehouse Subs or smth)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wait, were they trying to convince people Super Kid Icarus was a thing? Because those are remade levels from the original...
They had no intentions of tricking people, just April Fool's fun.

Though I've heard their 2009's Metroid Dread maps made people really wish it was real. (Here)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't really pay too much attention to spoilers. And TBH spoilers don't destroy my viewing/playing experience like it does for some other people. Sometimes knowing things ahead of time makes certain moments that much special when they happen. I knew the whole plot of FF7 before I actually played the game and I enjoyed it.
Same when it comes to early spoilers a user from Discord speculated that those two surprises in the trailer are probably the early spoilers.

Chrono.

That's more of abridged Broly than actual Broly

I kind of feel like the community has made the flanderized version of him the actual character
I mean let's be honest it's not like actual Broly is this super sophisticated character either. It's not that huge of a jump from regular to abridged.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They just confirmed that there will be more Sonic Forces DLC by the end of the year on the meme team stream.

But they also kept saying "no news on Super Sonic" so it might be something different.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah, I suppose. What do you plan to do with it?
Using it as a desktop background. Been meaning to change it for a while than the same Isabelle fanart.

And my apologies for the late reply. Needed to test some things in Rabb.it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I suddenly have a major desire for a new Smash game. Usually I don't mind the 6-7 year wait but right now I'm craving another round of Dojo/ Pic of the Day.

Anyway. I have like 100 Moons left in SMO then I'm gonna try out Reddit's version of BotW hard mode - ab alternative to BotW actual hard mode which wasn't very hard and kinda annoying more than anything.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I have nothing to do in FEH so can anyone help me with build for these characters+Celica?

They aren't a team, at least not yet, I'm just grinding them up until 20 and then force feeding them crystals. I miss Camilla's Warrior map already.
Pay no mind to Jeorge, he's my benchwarmer, he deserves it for not being Halloween Jakob.
Inigo works as a Reinhardt/Bow Lyn Counter. Basically, give him Gronraven, Triangle Adept(I see you 2nd Roy) and Bowbreaker. Luna also works decently with him, so there isn't a big need for the common Moonbow. Depending on his Bane, the Distant Defense Seal gives him enough Def and Res to survive.
Neko Sakura should be purely Anti-Mage. She's great with her normal skill set, although Valor can be replaced by anything, like the occasional Hone. For her Special, Glacies works great with her high Res, but takes a while to charge, so Iceberg works just as well and takes shorter to charge.
Sonya's a nuker. Just giving her Fury(or any Damage booster if you aren't a fan of the self-damage) and G Tomebreaker will be great enough for her, as she already has Moonbow. Res Ploy is also good thanks to her High Res, allowing it to activate more often.
For Arden, just give him Bonfire and Ward Armor for Armor sets. He also wants either Pivot or Swap to help his movement. Either way, his Brave Sword+ and Follow-up Ring make him a great offensive damage dealer. The Brash Assault Seal is a great Seal for him, as Follow-Up Ring makes him double when he's above 50% HP and Brash lets him double when he's below 50%(and when the opponent can counterattack).
Celica should be treated as pure Glass Cannon. A good set for her would be Fury and Desperation, as it allows her to take advantage of the damage to do quick follow-ups.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well that didn't take long.

And another OC

Also I think Classic Sonic was rushed at this point.

Damn shame. Classic Sonic is what I was looking forward to most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom