• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct was pretty neat but I'm not interested enough to get it.

Besides, I still need to beat the original game. :4shulk:
I recommend you to but for now I don't think it is necessary.
Also the Japanese website has new artwork for characters like Mythra and Pandoria
So... This proves that Blades are really like Pokémon... They can evolve... Or more like Digimon...

That said I'm pretty sure there won't be more than that... WHOAWHOAWHOA---------------------
You can't do this to us Saitou... You can't do this to us... This is out of border... (not really)
Edit: what a good time for image to be broken...

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@Xeno VII pointed out something on Twitter. So I'm about to test something.

Yo****sune

Edit: LOL WELCOME TO THE DICKSON CLUB!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like mentioning that there's a character in Xenoblade 2 called Yo****sune.

Now watch the censors do their magic.

D

Deleted member

BotW is one of those games that would benefit greatly from a Fashion Gear option because I want to wear the Hylian Hood but I can't because 99% of the time I need one of the side effects from the other clothes either because I'm freezing to death, burning to death, being killed to death or climbing to death.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
BotW is one of those games that would benefit greatly from a Fashion Gear option because I want to wear the Hylian Hood but I can't because 99% of the time I need one of the side effects from the other clothes either because I'm freezing to death, burning to death, being killed to death or climbing to death.
I love every single word in that sentence.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Welp... I think I’m done with Odyssey.

Got 549 moons and pretty much every moon left is impossible for me to get so onto another game I guess.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"Now you too can dress up like a garbage can!"
Ex-cuuuuse me, it's called a scuba suit with fanservice.

It's not dignified no but it is hilarious. The impracticality loops back around to being charming in large part because people complain about it so much and as a Sonic fan that's a sign that something is actually legit good that the usual people with bad taste are just too busy looking for things to complain about to get.
Honestly, I think Rex's outfit suits Link more than it does Rex himself.
Oddly I feel like I'm the one person who doesn't think that. Wearing it with light hair feels kinda odd. Or maybe I just like the exaggerated super anime Xenoblade 2 artstyle more. Either way something feels off.

Still probably going to goof around in it, let's see those pants in action!

Also something fun to note, but this is probably a thing because Monolith Soft worked on both games at the same time, right? It's kinda cute to imagine them making this for free because they're proud of both their child and their stepchild, LOL.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy **** they got Support Xander for Warriors
Too bad Heroes had to deal with Story Xander :/
His voice is atrocious tho

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Don't worry, Grampa Xandy loves you just the same.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I was rearranging my room and one of my tables broke in the process. It was a cheap setup table that's about six years old. So now I can't play my computer for awhile. Least until I can get a new one. I have another table but its way too small.

And my couch still has a missing leg and I've yet to be able to fix it. Fortunately I got that couch for free so if I toss it, I'm not really missing out on anything. Its kind of low to the floor as well, and being a big guy myself, that does a number on my knees. I'm gonna need to raise it up a little.

Finally, I rearranged my room so my bed isn't in front of my window. The sealing to the window has to be fixed before the snow arrives, else this is gonna be one cold winter.

So yeah. That's my status of the day. My back hurts, my nose is stuffy due to the dust from vacuuming, and my room isn't even done. But I moved around, so it was a better day than most.

D

Deleted member

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
...I really need to finish my Xenoblade 1 playthrough.

I put that on hold for like a year and a half now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Huzzah! I can finally see what happens in the Android arc in DB Xenoverse!

It’s either interfering Janemba or Broly.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I haven't seen the Direct yet, but I'd like to finish the first one or X before I look into it. I've got enough Switch games on my plate between Mario Odyssey, Sonic Forces (which I just picked up today), and Doom (by the end of the week).

I'm further along on Xenoblade Chronicles (I have all but one party member), but even then, I still feel like I have a long way to go, even if I ignore (or don't focus on) sidequests from now on.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Jesus. Not only did I break my ass moving all this ****, but I did it wrong.

That's a good four hours dead.

But I did sweep and vacuum so not all is wasted.

If only I knew how to use common sense. Maybe I would of gotten it done right. Lol

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For anyone who hasn't heard, Brian Micheal Bendis is leaving Marvel Comics, if someone didn't mention it before.

I know his stuff wasn't at his best lately. But he did leave a lasting legacy with his Daredevil run in the 90's and especially with the original Ultimate Spider-Man run being one of the most influential modern comic books, having a lot of elements being implemented into movies, cartoons and games.

He'll be working at DC. Though I feel like now Marvel's lost most of its best comic writers, with Peter David and Gerry Conway occasionally showing up.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
For anyone who hasn't heard, Brian Micheal Bendis is leaving Marvel Comics, if someone didn't mention it before.

I know his stuff wasn't at his best lately. But he did leave a lasting legacy with his Daredevil run in the 90's and especially with the original Ultimate Spider-Man run being one of the most influential modern comic books, having a lot of elements being implemented into movies, cartoons and games.

He'll be working at DC. Though I feel like now Marvel's lost most of its best comic writers, with Peter David and Gerry Conway occasionally showing up.
The Possum brought it up.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Meanwhile, others are expecting one of them to be Dragon Ball FighterZ. :laugh:
I mean, it should get a Switch Port. Clearly a lot of people do want to play it, both casually and competitively.

The Possum brought it up.
Yeah, I didn't notice until it was too late.

Speaking of DC though, Injustice 2 did have its livestream for Hellboy. He does seem to be a pretty straightforward fighter. I heard that he's been compared to Doomsday, but with a normal projectile.

And for those wondering, the third Fighter Pack is getting shown off this Friday on the 10th.

Chrono.

So apparently both my Forces copy and Odyssey copy (which is over 2 weeks late) get here on Monday.

That's gonna be interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Dragon Ball Super is getting a little absurd with Kafla's power

Stronger than Vegito (Buu arc), who was the combined strength of Vegeta and Goku, both warriors that had spent their lives fighting and dying. Getting those Zenkai boosts.

Then here comes these street punks and suddenly their power rivals them enough that Goku has to use

Ultra Instinct

In order to keep up?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Took a look at the Xenoblade 2 direct.

Personally, I do like some of the changes and additions they're adding to the combat. The use of multiple blades kind of give it a collective feel and the use of their different abilities to adapt and change the tide of battle I feel will add a good amount of depth to the system. Ideally, the combat should be at its best here and I look forward to seeing more of how it evolves as the game gets closer to release. As for the story, I like some of what we've seen of a couple of the characters so far (Nia, Azurda, and Dromarch for example) and the life bond element between Pyra and Rex is interesting, but the story isn't grabbing me as much yet. It just doesn't quite hook me in yet, and I'm not sure how much I'll be invested in it. That can easily change though as more is being revealed currently and to the twitter's credit it has given out some details that did impress me when watching it in passing, so there may be more to it that I'm not getting at the moment.

In short, Xenoblade 2 is shaping up to be a game I'm interested in, but with some of the other games coming out that catch my interest a bit more it may have to wait a bit before I pick it up.

https://gematsu.com/2017/11/bandai-...witch-exclusive-titles-due-spring-summer-2018

Bandai-Namco have three more exclusive games coming to the Switch. The reason they didn't have more games sooner was because they didn't expect the Switch to be so successful so quickly.

And of course, some people think one of those exclusives is Super Smash Bros. :rolleyes:
I'm kind of curious what games they have in mind, there's not a lot of franchises that scream Nintendo-only with them, so I wonder which ones they have in mind. Personally, as unlikely as it is, I'd like to see Soul Calibur come back for the Switch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Juuni Taisen is probably this Season's hidden gem, at least for me.
It's a Death Game anime that actually works with its premise instead of using it as just the background for the plot(yeah, you know who I'm talking about).
Like, Plot Armor? This show doesn't know what that is, all bets are off and it's pretty exciting to not have any idea on who will win, even if your favorite gets killed.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Tieing up loose ends in SMO...

Doom to come will pick it up if I have the funds around the time (I actually might since I'm doing better financially, and am actually ahead on bills believe it or not)

Rocket League a week away...just waiting for release...

BOTW DLC pack 2 whenever it'll release...

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 SE already paid for...

Skyrim whenever I'll feel like getting it...

Switch is going to be pretty busy going forward this winter after having a small drought (for myself) during the end of summer and start of fall...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That said here is a chart I found on the Japanese Xenoblade 2 website.

I wish I can translate this...

I'm pretty sure this isn't the entire main cast in Xenoblade 2, I doubt Torna is only formed with three geeks.
And the connection isn't true with Zeke and his Blade since we all know he will became one of the crew later in the game.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yeah, same thing with some clothes only having one defense.
I wanna wear the Dark Link outfit without it being hard mode

gosh why does Xander sound like a educational video game mascot.

EDIT: I didn't notice I quoted Shish twice ;(

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So since Forces wouldn't stop being backordered I cancelled it and ah. . .

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Xenoblade 2 isn't even out yet. I still never checked Skyrim videos to see if I would like it.

I'm gonna be buried.

If there's a drought all the way to Kirby Star Allies next spring I'm probably still going to have a backlog of games I need to make progress in.

Chrono.

I've walked out of every Xenoblade 2 trailer wishing it was X2 instead. I'm still getting it though. Probably won't get the season pass unless I end up loving the game.
I think Dragon Ball Super is getting a little absurd with Kafla's power

Stronger than Vegito (Buu arc), who was the combined strength of Vegeta and Goku, both warriors that had spent their lives fighting and dying. Getting those Zenkai boosts.

Then here comes these street punks and suddenly their power rivals them enough that Goku has to use

Ultra Instinct

In order to keep up?
It's not terribly hard to believe.

Potara fusion is stupid OP (see: Zamasu) and we already knew Caulifla and Kale are stronger than your average Saiyans, especially Kale. But even then, we already know Toriyama doesn't give a **** about power levels.

On top of this Goku is apparently still recovering from the Jiren fight, so even though he could handle two people, a fused warrior would be far more than he could handle.

Most importantly we don't know how the story is gonna play out. If Kefla just straight up wales on Goku and he goes UI then yeah that's kinda questionable, but something else could happen that actually triggers UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom