• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Like watching a car crash.

But instead of slow motion, it's really really long and fast :sonic:
I have a feeling this is gonna end up with Unleashed in the fanbase's eyes.

Lot of good. Lot of bad.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Also, I've been listening to this track for a while now.
I feel like it often gets overlooked since it was in a not-that-great game.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
If you want a Sonic fix, buy Mania. Half the price, same length (4 hours), way better developed with way more replay value.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Im sure Imma like Forces.

That is if all this negitivity doesn't kill my enjoyment for the game
Don't base your enjoyment off review scores is all I'll say. A lot of games I really enjoy have middling scores.

Tbf, Famitsu gives a lot of high scores, like it's sorta expected with them.

Polygon gave it a 5/10 and a Sonic fansite gave it a 2/5
Ok wow, a sonic fansite giving 2/5 isn't a good sign.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Don't base your enjoyment off review scores is all I'll say. A lot of games I really enjoy have middling scores.

Ok wow, a sonic fansite giving 2/5 isn't a good sign.
Right...I really wanted the game but maybe I should just sell it now when it come in the mail

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Im sure Imma like Forces.

That is if all this negitivity doesn't kill my enjoyment for the game
Same here.

It looks a bit lower quality than Generations, but even if it's only two thirds the quality it's still only two thirds the price. It looks like it should scratch the itch I'm having from video.

Sonic fandom is hot trash, indistinguishable from the hatedom which is unashamed hot trash, and I wouldn't be surprised if I get banned from some place with the amount of skeletons this month is going to push down my throat.

*EDIT* Also I checked which Sonic fansite gave that review and I remember their comment section just having utter vitriol towards Modern Sonic and just being super spiteful and toxic in general. The hell if their opinion is worth anything.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't think Crash N Sane Trilogy is needed though tbh... but would be cool if it eventually port it to Switch, that said I remember @ChikoLad used to mention that it will lose the meaning for N Sane Trilogy if ported to Switch since most of it's audience wants a HD new graphic remake and by porting it could have some downgrades. But I digress, as long as the graphics don't downgrade too much (Which I doubt it will) and the fact you can play it on the go will still be awesome.
Crash being on the Switch would sway me more towards purchasing that system because i'm still holding off my purchase for my next console.

If the Switch has Crash, Mario, and Zelda then i'm going to be much more inclined on getting that system.

Personally I don't see the big deal is if Crash doesn't have HD undocked. Playing on the go makes up for that and then some.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh the Sonic Forces reviews are coming out? Not looking too great? Shame. I can't say I'm surprised by it but I can say I'm disappointed.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh the Sonic Forces reviews are coming out? Not looking too great? Shame. I can't say I'm surprised by it but I can say I'm disappointed.
I'm by no means expecting it to have good reviews, but the only two outlets to review it so far are a review outlet that gave precious golden cow Mania a 7/10 and a bunch of whiny up their own colon *redacted* that never liked this kind of game in the first place.

Let's at least let it lower into the grave naturally instead of shoving it in.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Well at least one good thing happend today, my friend succesfully got us tickets to Christmas Town in December after I tried many many times and resulted in the site crashing and the 15 buck deal disappearing

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well at least one good thing happend today, my friend succesfully got us tickets to Christmas Town in December after I tried many many times and resulted in the site crashing and the 15 buck deal disappearing
What's a Christmas Town?

For some reason I suddenly thought of Holiday World, but I know that can't be it for several reasons including the fact that Holiday World isn't open in Winter.

. . .Holiday World is a curious place, really. The Christmas section is nothing but little kid rides and a glassworking shop, the sunscreen and soda are free with admission, and the last time I rode one of their wooden roller coasters as a kid I'm pretty sure so much blood drained from my face I was halfway to becoming a vampire.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
What's a Christmas Town?

For some reason I suddenly thought of Holiday World, but I know that can't be it for several reasons including the fact that Holiday World isn't open in Winter.

. . .Holiday World is a curious place, really. The Christmas section is nothing but little kid rides and a glassworking shop, the sunscreen and soda are free with admission, and the last time I rode one of their wooden roller coasters as a kid I'm pretty sure so much blood drained from my face I was halfway to becoming a vampire.
Its a thing Busch Garden does around christmas time or winter, I cant remember.

This is happening from some time in november to January of next year from what I looked up

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's a Christmas Town?

Christmas town is where the 11th doctor died

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Found the perfect Miiverse post to save before it dies in 30 minutes.

And did I just see someone trying to validate Famitsu? We all know how shaky their reviews always were.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I haven't played Rise of Lyric, but may be.
Nah Kurr, RoL's just a bore to even watch someone play through, they patched a lot of glitches out, the level design is still so open yet bland so getting from point A to point B takes long because the devs said Sonic shouldn't be fast, combat is either button mashing or using the Enerbeam to throw an enemy as there's nothing other than a basic combo and special attack programmed in the game without combo potential, etc. Forces at least has going fast, multiple pathways to travel through, story focus and good music tracks. Boom didn't even have that

Chrono.

Going by what I've seen of Forces, I'll probably like it more than Colors. Maybe even Unleashed. As far as the 3D games go I can see it cracking my top 5 but that's not terribly difficult to do.

As for Mania, now that the honeymoon phase is over, I feel a bit burned out by it. But that may be because I played it a ton during the hurricane blackout. And truthfully I've never liked classic Sonic all that much, CD is my favorite and a big part on why I was huge on Mania was because it pulls a lot from that game.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So, did @ChikoLad say his opinions on Forces yet?

I'm really interested on hearing them.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Y'all need to tell me when you make these ResetERA accounts.

FalKoopa FalKoopa I sent you a follow there, you should find some other folks from here in the list of people I'm already following if you want to set up a little interconnected network or something. Wouldn't want to lose track of the squad, right? :4megaman:
So, did @ChikoLad say his opinions on Forces yet?

I'm really interested on hearing them.
I think it was a page back.

He actually seemed to like it, which is a bit refreshing in this sea of negativity. He acknowledges it has flaws, but he actually enjoyed the game for what it was.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Nah Kurr, RoL's just a bore to even watch someone play through, they patched a lot of glitches out, the level design is still so open yet bland so getting from point A to point B takes long because the devs said Sonic shouldn't be fast, combat is either button mashing or using the Enerbeam to throw an enemy as there's nothing other than a basic combo and special attack programmed in the game without combo potential, etc. Forces at least has going fast, multiple pathways to travel through, story focus and good music tracks. Boom didn't even have that
If only going fast was the point of Sonic games (hint: it's not)
It's figuring out how to utilize speed to traverse the stage, something that admittedly many of the 3D games lack, but Forces is absolutely disgusting about it.

Multiple paths is Flying Battery Zone Act 2 in Sonic Mania. Forces "multiple paths" are like two second detours.

There is no focus in the story

And there's like... some good tracks?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ehue.

Looks like Swamp got himself a date.

Err kinda.

Asked if she was free Saturday, said no but offered for Friday and/or Sunday.

So that's definitely not a no. But still don't know the when.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Y'all need to tell me when you make these ResetERA accounts.

FalKoopa FalKoopa I sent you a follow there, you should find some other folks from here in the list of people I'm already following if you want to set up a little interconnected network or something. Wouldn't want to lose track of the squad, right? :4megaman:

I think it was a page back.

He actually seemed to like it, which is a bit refreshing in this sea of negativity. He acknowledges it has flaws, but he actually enjoyed the game for what it was.
Oh, huh. I didn't know so many familiar faces are there.

Nice nice.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Crash being on the Switch would sway me more towards purchasing that system because i'm still holding off my purchase for my next console.

If the Switch has Crash, Mario, and Zelda then i'm going to be much more inclined on getting that system.

Personally I don't see the big deal is if Crash doesn't have HD undocked. Playing on the go makes up for that and then some.
I personally agree as well, that said I still think the chance is slim and I am not a Crash fan so I don't know if a majority of Crash fans will want it on Switch.

Two games I really hope to get on Switch and also feasible are Skullgirls and Nier: Automata.

Skullgirls just fits well on Switch and with LabZero having their upcoming RPG Indivisible also coming to Switch having their previous popular fighting game coming to Switch isn't far fetched at all. Especially when you know that fighting games tend to sell well on Switch, they used to say they once considered porting the game to Wii U but didn't due to Wii U's low sales and Skullgirls is literally on almost every platform now. I can also see Skullgirls supports the HD rumble and table top mode support. Skullgirls coming to Switch may sound a bit like baking an old cake but having all the DLCs and those enhanced features will make me prefer the Switch version than any other versions. And yes, obvious Skullgirls can run on Switch with no ease according to the Steam specs...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ya know, while Sonic Forces is dissapointing, atleast it's better than nothing, right?:yeahboi: (btw, does that make Sonic Twitter's joke on Mighty No.9 more funnier or harsher in hindsight?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom