• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Yall are complaining about Disney when sony just bought funimation. -_-
But yah Disney ruined star wars. I want my EU back!

So my sister came home yesterday and has a NN3dsXL, so I got to play a few levels of Warriors after all.
Oh my god I fangirled so hard.

Plus I found Samus Returns at the library, as well as Phoenix Wright and Kirby Triple Deluxe
I am a very happy Dio tonight.
Cept I mucked myself over eith next semester class registration, and had a drema that in etrospect is rather terrifying.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Thinking up game exclusives for my pokemon game is kinda easy when one game is “I can’t feel my feet cold” mode and the other one is “kill me it’s too hot” mode.

D

Deleted member

Uh oh, my phone isn't loading some apps properly and FEH takes way more time than it should to open, I really hope it's just my internet that's acting up because this phone isn't even 6 months old, she can't die on me yet!
Oh my god I fangirled so hard.
But I thought Dio was a guy

Ivander

Smash Legend
*enters the Voting Gauntlet* *You have a Reinhardt and Bow Lyn* *The enemy has Brave Ike AND Inigo & Cecilia, both with Gronraven+, Triangle Adept and Bowbreaker*
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/110/380/de3.jpg
*you manage to win because you also got an Olivia who one-shots Inigo, finishes off Brave Ike after being weakened by Reinhardt and one-shot Cecilia after Reinhardt's sacrifice*
https://i.redd.it/ko81q1ox8vfz.png
I'm surprised at how well Olivia did for me, after I knew that Reinhardt and Bow Lyn were no longer able to help.

Edit: Images still broken.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What seems like the best Avatar ability so far? Species ability

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*enters the Voting Gauntlet* *You have The Reinhardt and Bow Lyn* *The enemy has Brave Ike AND Inigo & Cecilia, both with Gronraven+, Triangle Adept and Bowbreaker*
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/110/380/de3.jpg
*you manage to win because you also got an Olivia who one-shots Inigo, finishes off Brave Ike after being weakened by The Reinhardt and one-shot Cecilia after The Reinhardt's sacrifice*
https://i.redd.it/ko81q1ox8vfz.png
I'm surprised at how well Olivia did for me, after I knew that The Reinhardt and Bow Lyn were not no longer able to help.

Edit: Images still broken.
I fixed your post
VG is being generous with me this time, I keep getting Actual Useful Units And Not Incomplete Builds™
Airbending is obviously the most OP of them all because you can literally suck all the oxygen out of a person.
Waterbending has Bloodbending but no Avatar is ever shown being able to use it.
Earthbending is the hammer of the toolset, as in "smash and anything you can think of, works 99% of the time"
Firebending is pretty good and you even got Lighting but eh, not as OP as the other ones
Do I consider Energybending for this one? It's not as busted but hey, it'd suck to be hit by it
Wait, what do you mean we're not talking about Avatar

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was about to respond with that there but I think someone beat me to it.

And isn't Rick Roll an dead meme now (pretty sure it is)?
It's mostly dead because a lot of sites ban usage of the meme. People still like to use it, although it isn't as overused as some. Like Skyrim's Arrow to the Knee can show up in other works, or All Your Base Are Belong To Us.

D

Deleted member

I don't think I have it saved so if any user could post that "User was warned for this Rick Roll" pic I'd be grateful

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IMO it's the Bird's. They get a double jump, giving them more control parity with Modern Sonic, and it just makes platforming a bit easier.

The Wolf's is pretty good too, since they draw in Rings and other items.

The Cat retains one ring after being hit, and the Rabbit gets extra invulnerability frames after taking damage, which are pretty beginner friendly.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People should be allowed to Rick Roll with impunity once every 5,000 posts.

Wait, did you make this logo yourself?

I actually quite like the design of it. It's very professional.
Sort of, but not really. I started from this.

Thanks though!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People should get a warning that states "This user has been warned for this Rick Roll."

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So ChikoLad ChikoLad . How is the game as a whole?

Is it actually bad?
Someone asked me the same elsewhere so I will just copy-paste what I said there.

Spoiler-free too.

The narrative is easily the best Sonic narrative since Black Knight. Granted, that isn't hard to accomplish since Black Knight was the last game to actually try, but Forces does have an enjoyable narrative. The writing overall is very good, and the characters are portrayed in character and the dialogue is witty and snappy. It isn't pretentious like '06, it knows its a Sonic game and the characters still have plenty of spunk despite the more serious premise. There's also in-jokes and stuff strewn about. That being said, there are some points the game glosses over that I think would have been worth fleshing out more. Overall, the plot moves at a brisk pace which is mostly a good thing, but sometimes I wish it would slow down a bit to expand on certain points. Classic Sonic feels like a complete afterthought though in terms of the story. He doesn't even interact with the Avatar at all. A few things also go unresolved but I need to wait for Episode Shadow to release before I say anything there, and the online manual alludes to more DLC too. Some characters did feel really underutilised though.

Length wise, the game is about Colours/Generations length. It's pretty standard Modern Sonic, as far as just beating the story goes. Although, the game should easily creep into like, 30 hours if you want to 100% it, maybe more. However, all of the unlockables are for the Avatar, so if you don't care for the Avatar much, then you aren't gonna have a reason to 100% the game.

Controls are generally pretty good, I mean there's not much to say. Classic Sonic could be better, especially coming off Mania. Modern Sonic and the Avatar feel fine, no changes from what I thought of the demo. Those weird automation restrictions that pop up sometimes don't need to be there though, and there is the odd Homing Attack snaffu I've had.

Level design isn't as good as Generations or Unleashed on the whole, but it's better than Colours. There are a few really good ones towards the end, but unfortunately the earlier ones are just too easy. I also wish there was more 3D sections for Modern Sonic and the Avatar. There are some really memorable set pieces though.

The graphics look great all around. I played it on my PS4 Pro, but I don't know what the Pro support is for this game. Didn't really have any issues either way, it was a smooth 60 FPS throughout and the environments are gorgeous. The lighting is fantastic too. The animation is really solid. It's not as good as Unleashed, but it's better than Generations, Colours and Lost World, which IMO had very stiff and basic cutscene animations. Forces has a lot more action scenes than those games and even scenes where characters are just talking have more nuanced animation, like Unleashed.

Music is really great IMO. I really liked the final boss and credits themes in particular. The Classic Sonic songs are a bit weird but I still liked the compositions at least. Everything else is very energetic and gets you pumped. I also really like the orchestral pieces for stuff like the World Map. VA work is the best it's been in the games since Black Knight, again. The actors seem to have gotten some experience from Sonic Boom, so their performances are more natural now. Shadow stuck out to me as Kirk Thornton took a MUCH more reserved approach to his role here, and it works really well for this game. He almost sounds like Jason Griffith. While I like his more hammed up Shadow for comedic stuff like the Twitter takeover and Sonic Boom, that really wouldn't have worked here and I'm glad Kirk Thornton recognised that and gave a more reserved portrayal here.

Sound effects...I don't have much to say honestly. It's a loud game I guess, since there is a lot going on. Also the Stomp sound effects are incorrectly placed but that's about it. Nothing else of note.

Again, it has notable flaws, but I am having fun with the game. Mania is probably better overall but it's nice to have a main series 3D Sonic game to enjoy again.
Should also add that I do think how much you enjoy the game kind of hinges on how much you like customising Avatars. After you beat the main story, going back for secrets and stuff will only get you Avatar parts and Wispons. So if you don't enjoy the Avatar, there isn't much replay value.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Summery of Pokemon movie:
Oh my god, Ash ****ing died.. Omg Pikachu spoke englis.... Omg Ash ****ing died and Pikachue spoke english

This movie was great. :250:
Probably should've been in a spoiler box.

I'd watch it but I can't find a nearby theater playing it right now.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Prof...

You know to spoiler that stuff

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Probably should've been in a spoiler box.

I'd watch it but I can't find a nearby theater playing it right now.
I just thought no one was gonna be bothered to watch it in theaters so I didnt think about spoilering it, my B. Ill go on ahead and do it now

But I guess go in not expecting something right from the anime, think of it as an alternate story

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
All the regional forms for my pokemon game cause wynaut..

In both:
  1. Butterfree: Bug/Psychic
  2. Beedrill: Bug/Fighting
  3. Ratatta: Normal/Dark
  4. Raticate: Normal/Dark
  5. Raichu: Electric/Psychic
  6. Cubone: Fire/Ground
  7. Marowak: Fire/Ghost
  8. Meowth: Dark
  9. Persian: Dark
  10. Grimer: Poison/Dark
  11. Muk: Poison/Dark

Plus exclusives:

1. Cacnea: Water
  2. Cacturne: Water/Ghost
  3. Machop: Fire
  4. Machoke: Fire
  5. Machamp: Fire/Fairy
  6. Ponyta: Poison
  7. Rapidash: Poison/Ghost
  8. Ekans: Fighting/Dragon
  9. Arbok: Fighting/Dragon
  10. Growlithe: Steel
  11. Arcanine: Steel/Dragon

Minus exclusives:

1. Riolu: Ice
  2. Lucario: Ice/Fighting
  3. Sandile: Ice/Dark
  4. Krokorok: Ice/Dark
  5. Krookodile: Ice/Dark
  6. Psyduck: Psychic
  7. Golduck: Psychic/Dark
  8. Vulpix: Ice
  9. Ninetales: Ice/Fairy
  10. Sandshrew: Ice/Steel
  11. Sandslash: Ice/Steel

:p

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Well ResetERA also seems to be pretty heavily disappointed in it, although considering how quickly Sonic Stadium and Sonic Retro got me to nope away almost instantly even during my prime as a Sonic fan where I was willing to brave lurking SEGA's toxic hellhole forums just to read Sonic discussion I doubt it's nearly as intense.

You can ask Kurri ★ Kurri ★ if you want a reference on that, though, she's been pretty vocal over there about being disappointed and could most likely back up that the consensus is overwhelmingly far more negative than she is.

Sometimes I'm a bit jealous of how you seem to be so good at finding places where people are positive on games that you sometimes need a bit of a break to find some place where you can criticize them, haha. I wish I had that kind of problem.
I can what now?

Ever since I joined ResetERA, I've been hanging around there more.

---

Anyways Forces, a lot of communities find it disappointing. The Sonic Discord server, ripped on it. Probably the most disappointing Sonic game I've ever seen and I played Sonic 06, in fact I bought Sonic 06 twice, and I'd buy it again over Forces.

Sonic 06 is "The Room" - Pop it open with some friends and it's a great time
Sonic Forces is "Batman v Superman" - It works... It's boring as hell, but it works.

I don't think I have it saved so if any user could post that "User was warned for this Rick Roll" pic I'd be grateful

I gotchu fam

I only remember what user had it as a sig because im the one who cropped this image

EDIT WARCHAMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can what now?

Ever since I joined ResetERA, I've been hanging around there more.

---

Anyways Forces, a lot of communities find it disappointing. The Sonic Discord server, ripped on it. Probably the most disappointing Sonic game I've ever seen and I played Sonic 06, in fact I bought Sonic 06 twice, and I'd buy it again over Forces.

Sonic 06 is "The Room" - Pop it open with some friends and it's a great time
Sonic Forces is "Batman v Superman" - It works... It's boring as hell, but it works.
Would you say Forces is worse or better than Rise of Lyric?

...Although I'm still tempted to get Forces, but mostly for the character creator. Sounds like it's kind of meh though. No bats? No echidnas? No foxes? D:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
That was another complaint my friend had. He said the soundtrack was very generic sounding.
There's some standout tracks, but even those aren't all that amazing. After that, the soundtrack is just... well it's not terrible, but it's just so "just there."

And that's really how I'd describe Forces as a whole. It's not a terrible game, far from it; there are definitely much much worse games than Forces, even among Sonic games. But it's so bland and mediocre. Every time something gets even remotely interesting, it's already over. The biggest issue this game faces is that it came out after games like Unleashed, Generations, and Mania; Sonic finally looks like it's on the right path again, and well... this ****ing blunder shows up. This disappointing pile of mediocrity knocks at your door demanding you give it money; $40 for the most bland, boring experience you can get out of a mainline Sonic game. Sonic 06 is bug-filled, glitch extravaganza and I would happily play that 100 times over Forces.

Instead of buying Forces, buy yourself and a friend Sonic Mania. Instead of buying Forces, save the money and buy Odyssey. Instead of buying Forces, just play Unleashed or Generations. Sonic Forces is mediocrity to the max, it is the most "just there" game I've ever seen.

I ****ing LOVE Sonic, I've cried for Sonic, but I have absolutely no time for such a limp **** game.

Would you say Forces is worse or better than Rise of Lyric?

...Although I'm still tempted to get Forces, but mostly for the character creator. Sounds like it's kind of meh though. No bats? No echidnas? No foxes? D:
I haven't played Rise of Lyric, but may be.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
When it comes to the Forces soundtrack, I can't stop listening to Fist Bump, Aqua Road, and
Imperial Tower

Most of the other stuff is alright. Some are a little meh, but most of it is okay.

That said, I wasn't planning on buying the game to begin with, I'm saving for other games.

One of my friends here at college offered to sell me Tales of the Abyss and Trails of Cold Steel since he is finished with them, adjusting his own price so it'd below the Amazon price.

And with USUM around the corner, I'm not gonna have much game-spending money left at the end of the month.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I will say this, if you like Forces, if Forces looks interesting to you, by all means, enjoy it. Do not let my disappointment ruin it for you.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Doesn't Forces come out tomorrow? Where are all the reviews?
Sega has withheld all review copies till the game's launch

The only review out right now is Polygon's because they went out to purchase a copy themselves thus avoiding the embargo.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Forces seems to be such a divisive game.

This will be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom