• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

HELLO NEW CHAMPION THEME.

That's a pretty good theme but
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME WHAT THE **** WHAT THE ACTUAL ****
HELL YEAH MY BOY HAU IS THE MOTHER****ING CHAMPION THIS IS SO HYPE SJALCJAOSVXUDKSHDHBFHDG

I love how it starts the same as Kukui's before transitioning into a remix of Hau's theme

Ivander

Smash Legend
Listening now, they're pure fire.
more lit music

These are just frickin' amazing themes. Frickin' beautiful.

Erureido Erureido
I'm on Team Takumi too, so nice to see Takumi get through. Although my reasons for wanting him to win are different...
Also, GudaGuda is happening on Fate/GO now. Here's a guide if you want.
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/7anrq5/na_gudaguda_event_farming_guide/

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of themes...

This theme fits extraordinarily well. A beast from another dimension, threatening to alter the world as we know it. It combined itself with the emissaries of the sun and moon, which, combined with its prismatic star, created Azoth. You aren't fighting a god. You're fighting something stronger than the God of Pokémon itself.

And by golly I'm gonna beat it with Castform, because there's no better ending for an extradimensional god beast...and I'm not talking about Necrozma.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah and apparently
E4, champion battle and RR spoilers
Molayne is a E4 member in place of Hala
Best boy finally gets some attention thank god

Guzma has a Vikavolt now
Gladion gets a Zoroark and a Kanto starters for some reason
Hau has Tauros, Crabominable and Noivern, can't recall if he had any of them in SM though

All villain team leaders have a Legendary, only Giovanni uses Mega Evolution
Cyrus, Ghetsis and Lysandre can have either of the main two, Maxie and Archie just have their respective ones.

>Giovanni
>Finally has a full team of Ground types
>Lol jk it's Mewtwo
This is why no one allows you to run a gym anymore you ****

EDIT: Lusamine and Guzma are possible Champion Challengers now
Lillie just has a Clefairy for the Battle Tree Multi so that's incredibly lame
If they had started the advertising with actual new **** instead of the "it's a third version except split in half" **** we got for the forst few months, I'd consider buying this game but now I have EOV and SMO on my priority list

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Story details I found on a reddit post. You've been warned. Copy and Paste is in the spoiler tag.
Currently reading through the story text. I believe Guzma and Lusamine have been added to champion title defense, but Gladion has been removed. Edit: nvm Gladion is still there. He goes to Kanto to train but comes back later on.

Colress helps you against RR

You get Poipole after battling Necrozma

Lusamine goes to Ultra Megalopolis to stop (US) or catch (UM) Necrozma by herself. Lillie and PC evolve Nebby to go after her, but get attacked by Necrozma.

Lusamine's plan is now presented as more of doing the right thing but with the wrong methods. She still captures cosmog to force open the ultra wormhole, but this time to go and fight Necrozma instead of summon Nihilego. The URS disapproves of this, saying that she's doing it for selfish reasons.

You ride on the opposite version's legendary in ultra space the first time, but after beating Necrozma, you can talk to the ultra recon squad to switch between riding Solgaleo/Lunala regardless of version. Apparently they have a supply of spare legendaries lol.

Nebby is injured after you save it from Necrozma, is taken to Aether paradise to recover (by Lusamine, no less)

Necrozma is only "evil" because the people of ultra megalopolis stole all its light in the first place. Player is then entrusted to give Necrozma back its light to calm it down.

You do the 4th kahuna battle only after the ultra space stuff. After beating hapu (now fought on exeggutor island) you can go and catch Necrozma (you can't catch it in the first encounter)

The data for the original plot with evil Lusamine is still in the game files, but likely just unused.

Anabel and Looker do not show up in the main plot. Their general role is replaced by the ultra recon squad. They do appear in a small side event though, where they say that they are on vacation.

Device to fuse Necrozma with Solgaleo and Lunala and unlock ultra form is unsurprisingly, created by Colress. There are 2 separate devices for Solgaleo and Lunala, so you can use both Necrozma forms on the same team, unlike Kyurem.

Unrelated to story, but Defog is a tutor move again!

D

Deleted member

Story details I found on a reddit post. You've been warned. Copy and Paste is in the spoiler tag.
Currently reading through the story text. I believe Guzma and Lusamine have been added to champion title defense, but Gladion has been removed. Edit: nvm Gladion is still there. He goes to Kanto to train but comes back later on.

Colress helps you against RR

You get Poipole after battling Necrozma

Lusamine goes to Ultra Megalopolis to stop (US) or catch (UM) Necrozma by herself. Lillie and PC evolve Nebby to go after her, but get attacked by Necrozma.

Lusamine's plan is now presented as more of doing the right thing but with the wrong methods. She still captures cosmog to force open the ultra wormhole, but this time to go and fight Necrozma instead of summon Nihilego. The URS disapproves of this, saying that she's doing it for selfish reasons.

You ride on the opposite version's legendary in ultra space the first time, but after beating Necrozma, you can talk to the ultra recon squad to switch between riding Solgaleo/Lunala regardless of version. Apparently they have a supply of spare legendaries lol.

Nebby is injured after you save it from Necrozma, is taken to Aether paradise to recover (by Lusamine, no less)

Necrozma is only "evil" because the people of ultra megalopolis stole all its light in the first place. Player is then entrusted to give Necrozma back its light to calm it down.

You do the 4th kahuna battle only after the ultra space stuff. After beating hapu (now fought on exeggutor island) you can go and catch Necrozma (you can't catch it in the first encounter)

The data for the original plot with evil Lusamine is still in the game files, but likely just unused.

Anabel and Looker do not show up in the main plot. Their general role is replaced by the ultra recon squad. They do appear in a small side event though, where they say that they are on vacation.

Device to fuse Necrozma with Solgaleo and Lunala and unlock ultra form is unsurprisingly, created by Colress. There are 2 separate devices for Solgaleo and Lunala, so you can use both Necrozma forms on the same team, unlike Kyurem.

Unrelated to story, but Defog is a tutor move again!
Oh cool, Colress is story relevant, somewhat

"Oh hi Ghetsis, how you've been?"
"New dimension who dis?"

"Lol it's alien Kyurem hold on I got a thing for this... here, now you can fuse them or whatever"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Move tutor spoilers, but oh my god am I happy.
My boy Qwilfish gets Liquidation now.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
*sigh* ..should i go ahead and sell Sonic forces when I get it? i wanna have a good time playing it but its not possable now so I give up. Opinions from anyone
I think you shouldn't let other people hurt your enjoyment of the game. Not everyone is going to like it; some people are just more vocal about their dislike of it, but that shouldn't put you off trying it if you want to play it. Play it first, and see for yourself if you like it. If you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks? And if you don't like it, at least you tried it and can know for sure that it's not for you, and then you can sell it with no regrets.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Togedemaru actually has reliable steel stab now :b: also Midnight Doggo gets Iron tail and zen headbutt.. No guard Tail incoming.. :lol:
also Nihilego really got shafted out of the Tutor moves.. not even a single special attack.. at least it gets Foul play though..
also Azu gets Liquidation as well..
...Alolan Muk gets recycle.. and Gluttony.. this is perfection :dazwa:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Togedemaru actually has reliable steel stab now :b: also Midnight Doggo gets Iron tail and zen headbutt.. No guard Tail incoming.. :lol:
also Nihilego really got shafted out of the Tutor moves.. not even a single special attack.. at least it gets Foul play though..
also Azu gets Liquidation as well..
...Alolan Muk gets recycle.. and Gluttony.. this is perfection :dazwa:
Wowzah that's some nice moves for my fav
magic rainbow blob. Of course, it's only good vof meme shenanigans but it's gonna be fun regardless

D

Deleted member

At least they're free
And while the History Map has like, what, 5 battles only? It could be precedent for more future free stuff which'd be neat
Hoothoot gets Hurricane as an Egg Move. This gives Hoothoot and Noctowl a very powerful STAB attack.
Hoothoot wins battles just by sheer force of intimidation, it doesn't need "moves"
I mean, its name is literally "Hoothoot" if he slaps my ass then there's nothing Ican do about it

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nice being able to open spoilers for once since I don't care about the game.

This is new. I usually have to dread spoilers. . .

Did my boy Incineroar get any new (preferably good) moves? Guess i'll ask for Primarina too since I already know how Decidueye faired

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
At least they're free
And while the History Map has like, what, 5 battles only? It could be precedent for more future free stuff which'd be neat
I kinda like the armor breaking, they didnt, mostly the girl didnt, get striped naked so thats a plus. If all the broken armor models look like that, that will be great

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
It's nice being able to open spoilers for once since I don't care about the game.

This is new. I usually have to dread spoilers. . .

Did my boy Incineroar get any new (preferably good) moves? Guess i'll ask for Primarina too since I already know how Decidueye faired
for Tutor moves..
Incineroar:
Covet, Dual Chop, Iron Head, Low Kick, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Superpower, Bind, Snore, Knock Off, Heat Wave, Drain Punch, Focus Punch, Endeavor, Outrage, Snatch, Stomping Tantrum, Throat Chop

Primarina: Covet, Uproar, Magic Coat, Icy Wind, Aqua Tail, Hyper Voice, Iron Tail, Snore, Water Pulse, Helping Hand, Wonder Room, Liquidation
don't Know about the egg moves though..

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I finally got Mario Odyssey, it just came to my local stores god I hate Nintendo. Let's see if the hype around it is deserving or not.
At this point I'm just gonna order EOV online because it doesn't seem to be coming here.
for Tutor moves..
Incineroar:
Covet, Dual Chop, Iron Head, Low Kick, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Superpower, Bind, Snore, Knock Off, Heat Wave, Drain Punch, Focus Punch, Endeavor, Outrage, Snatch, Stomping Tantrum, Throat Chop

Primarina: Covet, Uproar, Magic Coat, Icy Wind, Aqua Tail, Hyper Voice, Iron Tail, Snore, Water Pulse, Helping Hand, Wonder Room, Liquidation
don't Know about the egg moves though..
>Decidueye: gets good STABs
>Incineroar: gets good coverage
>Primarina: lol he's a physical attacker, right?
So you are saying you would let HootHoot slap your *** willingly?
I wouldn't let him do it but if he wants to, there's nothing I can hope to do to stop him

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
>Decidueye: gets good STABs
>Incineroar: gets good coverage
>Primarina: lol he's a physical attacker, right?
You should see Nihilego's tutor moves :dazwa:
Nihilego:
Iron Head, Gunk Shot, Magic Coat, Foul Play, Zen Headbutt, Bind, Snore, Knock Off, Role Play, Pain Split, Worry Seed, Spite, Wonder Room, Stealth Rock, Telekinesis, Ally Switch
also I'm surprised at how many pokemon get ally Switch.. some of these pokemon getting it makes no sense :dazwa:

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
That was a massacre what are you talking about.

What surprises me is that Soren won, a pleasent surprise tbh but how!?
Now the Ryoma supporters are gonna join Takumi and curbstomp him
I was actively following the Takumi vs Karel matchup, and Karel did have some moments where he got a good lead in front of Takumi. Takumi had an edge throughout most of it, but it wasn't a massacre like the second Voting Gauntlet with Camilla and the fliers a while back.

As for Soren beating Ryoma, that's what happens when a multiplier kicks in during the final hour.

Erureido Erureido
Found this in the FEH subreddit and thought you'd like it
For a Takumi fan like me, that was quite a moving comic and an enjoyable to read to! Definitely the highlight of my day.

Move Tutor list is out.

Defog, Liquidation, Stomping Tantrum, Throat Chop, and Laser Focus have been added to the pool.

Liquidation is a really great option so that's a nice addition, Stomping Tantrum will also be decent for those who lack a good Ground Type move.
Defog is a move tutor move now?

That's fantastic! No longer do I have to transfer Pokemon all the way back from Gen 4 just so I can get a Defogger on my team.

Oh man here we go.
Lurantis finally gets Superpower.
EDIT: O H N O
Landorus gets Defog! Oh my god! I have waited so long for this day!
Nice to see my favorite Alola Pokemon got a great new move.

No doubt Contrary Lurantis will see much more use now since Lurantis has a larger physical move pool.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
We've got some great Pokedex entries here:

Drampa: If a child it has made friends with is bullied, Drampa will find the bully’s house and burn it to the ground.

Slowbro(Mega): Tremendous energy strengthened the power of the Shellder on its tail, but it doesn't really affect Slowpoke.

Pinsir(Mega): After Mega Evolution, it becomes able to fly. Perhaps because it's so happy, it rarely touches the ground.

Scizor(Mega): It stores the excess energy from Mega Evolution, so after a long time passes, its body starts to melt.

Houdoom(Mega): Its red claws and the tips of its tail are melting from high internal temperatures that are painful to Houndoom itself.

Tyranitar(Mega): Due to the colossal power poured into it, this Pokémon’s back split right open. Its destructive instincts are the only thing keeping it moving.

Tyrantrum: Complete restoration is impossible, allowing room for theories that its entire body was once covered in a feather-like coat.

https://pastebin.com/a72Xmhm5

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Drampa: If a child it has made friends with is bullied, Drampa will find the bully’s house and burn it to the ground.

Slowbro(Mega): Tremendous energy strengthened the power of the Shellder on its tail, but it doesn't really affect Slowpoke.

Pinsir(Mega): After Mega Evolution, it becomes able to fly. Perhaps because it's so happy, it rarely touches the ground.

Scizor(Mega): It stores the excess energy from Mega Evolution, so after a long time passes, its body starts to melt.

Houdoom(Mega): Its red claws and the tips of its tail are melting from high internal temperatures that are painful to Houndoom itself.

Tyranitar(Mega): Due to the colossal power poured into it, this Pokémon’s back split right open. Its destructive instincts are the only thing keeping it moving.

Tyrantrum: Complete restoration is impossible, allowing room for theories that its entire body was once covered in a feather-like coat.

Lol at the first one.

Jesus Christ Drampa.

More depressing Mega Evolution pokedex entries... it's like they don't want us to use them.

Lol Tyrantrum with the justice of truth

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
  1. Ninetales: It is vindictive and relentless by nature. Those who cross it even once will be cursed for a thousand years, along with their descendants.
  2. Ninetales(Alola): The reason it guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that it wants them to hurry up and leave.
Regular Ninetales: Ye whom crossith my way be cursed and their descendent s!

Alolan Ninetales: There's the door.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Mimikyu(Busted): It stands in front of a mirror, trying to fix its broken neck as if its life depended on it. It has a hard time getting it right, so it’s crying inside.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Mimikyu(Busted): It stands in front of a mirror, trying to fix its broken neck as if its life depended on it. It has a hard time getting it right, so it’s crying inside.

And people thought American Kirby was hardcore.

D

Deleted member

"Megas were a mistake... Except Pinsir, he's happy"
  1. Ninetales: It is vindictive and relentless by nature. Those who cross it even once will be cursed for a thousand years, along with their descendants.
  2. Ninetales(Alola): The reason it guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that it wants them to hurry up and leave.
Regular Ninetales: Ye whom crossith my way be cursed and their descendent s!

Alolan Ninetales: There's the door.
Honestly, same

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This actually made me think of something
In the original Sun and Moon, do you think Lusamine is a better character if she was a mean person before the Nihelego and got worse or if she was a nice person before and got corrupted due to the venom.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I finally looked into...

This badass cat ninja Pokémon. I am sad that its just an Electric-Type, however this dude is fast, has a great movepool, its immune to Volt Switch and resistant to U-Turn, AND ITS A ****ING ELECTRIC CAT NINJA!

I'm really hoping this Pokémon gains a fanbase. Its just awesome.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
This actually made me think of something
In the original Sun and Moon, do you think Lusamine is a better character if she was a mean person before the Nihelego and got worse or if she was a nice person before and got corrupted due to the venom.
Is this a "you have to pick one I know they're both bad" dillemma or a "what would be cool" kinda thing?
Because if the former, I think a meanie would suit her but I think a "doing wrong things for the right goal" would be a more nuanced take on her.

Note I haven't played one of the games so I'm talking out of my ass

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
So I finally looked into...

This badass cat ninja Pokémon. I am sad that its just an Electric-Type, however this dude is fast, has a great movepool, its immune to Volt Switch and resistant to U-Turn, AND ITS A ****ING ELECTRIC CAT NINJA!

I'm really hoping this Pokémon gains a fanbase. Its just awesome.
Oh dont worry it will gain fans and it will gain fans

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Each of Castform's forms has an entry. Not sure if that happened in Sun and Moon. Edit: Yes it did, but these are still new.
  1. Castform: Although its form changes with the weather, that is apparently the result of a chemical reaction and not the result of its own free will.
  2. Castform(Sunny): This is the form Castform takes on bright days. In an experiment where Castform was placed in front of a heater, it didn’t change to this form.
  3. Castform(Rainy): Castform changes to this form when rain hits it. Its body is soft and slightly swollen with water.
  4. Castform(Snowy): This is the form Castform takes when hit by hail. In an experiment where it was placed in a freezer, it didn’t change to this form.

I half expected Rainy to say "In an experiment where it was water boarded, it didn't change to this form."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom