• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Where did you get the types and that second form?

AFAIK the leaker only specified the first without the type and the second was never mentioned but many people want that.
the ol chinese leaker might have said thoes things, i stress might because it was stated as second hand info

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The mushroom parasite controlling Parasect grows stronger due the tropical weather of Alola; resulting in said parasite killing its host.
Parasect's spirit, now freed of the parasite roams the damp areas of the islands waiting for a victim to possess in the same way the fungi possesed it.

Boom; Bug/Ghost explained.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, I mean geez! They're acting like those are the Pokemon that Kickstarted the franchise or something! :p
While you aren't wrong, the constant pandering to Gen I can be frustrating as other gens get less pandering. Alolan Mons are an idea everyone was down with, but got flak solely because it's Gen I exclusive. Most of the Megas were also for Gen I mons, while for example, Gen V got a grand total of one, that being Audino instead of a fan favourite

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gen 1 pokemon need more boosts than gen 5 pokemon as the balance of pokemon has forced a lot of gen 1 into PU tier

Pokemon have been getting stronger with new gens

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
While you aren't wrong, the constant pandering to Gen I can be frustrating as other gens get less pandering. Alolan Mons are an idea everyone was down with, but got flak solely because it's Gen I exclusive. Most of the Megas were also for Gen I mons, while for example, Gen V got a grand total of one, that being Audino instead of a fan favourite
Believe me, I know. I'm a Gen 2 fanboy all the way and those games get about 0 fanfare. I'm not at all frustrated by them pandering to Gen 1 Pokemon though cause they are Legacy. They're just more popular Pokemon so oh well.

It's like Fire Emblem. No matter how much older fans might want to see our characters in the spotlight we usually have to take a backseat while the newer characters are given it. It's just how it is.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Gen 1 pokemon need more boosts than gen 5 pokemon as the balance of pokemon has forced a lot of gen 1 into PU tier

Pokemon have been getting stronger with new gens
That's competitive, which Game Freak doesn't really care for as much. Even then, one could argue that the megas and Alolan forms are an example of Game Freak doing that, especially when compared to say, Typhlosion and Feraligator's lackluster movepulls
Believe me, I know. I'm a Gen 2 fanboy all the way and those games get about 0 fanfare. I'm not at all frustrated by them pandering to Gen 1 Pokemon though cause they are Legacy. They're just more popular Pokemon so oh well.

It's like Fire Emblem. No matter how much older fans might want to see our characters in the spotlight we usually have to take a backseat while the newer characters are given it. It's just how it is.
Ehhhhh, Fire Emblem has a constantly rotating cast so that comparison doesn't work when most games allow you to catch pokemon from multiple gens

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Luckily my favorite gen 2 pokemon gets pretty good fanfare, Ampharos.

I didn't think he was that popular but in the least he's put into lots of games and got a mega

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ehhhhh, Fire Emblem has a constantly rotating cast so that comparison doesn't work when most games allow you to catch pokemon from multiple gens
Ok, fair but the point still stands that the most popular, most profitable, will receive the most attention. How many people do you know that can tell you all 151 original Pokemon? Compare that to how many people can tell you all the Pokemon from one of the succeeding Generations. It's just how it is.

And yeah, Fire Emblem may have a rotating cast but that doesn't excuse the fact that Fates and Awakening has received WAY more attention than the earlier games in the franchise despite Ike, Marth, and Roy being some of the MOST popular. It's just in terms of quantity there are MORE almost or just as popular characters in those two games because of how many new people were introduced to the series with those games. In a way the comparison does work.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ok, fair but the point still stands that the most popular, most profitable, will receive the most attention. How many people do you know that can tell you all 151 original Pokemon? Compare that to how many people can tell you all the Pokemon from one of the succeeding Generations. It's just how it is.

And yeah, Fire Emblem may have a rotating cast but that doesn't excuse the fact that Fates and Awakening has received WAY more attention than the earlier games in the franchise despite Ike, Marth, and Roy being some of the MOST popular. It's just in terms of quantity there are MORE almost or just as popular characters in those two games because of how many new people were introduced to the series with those games. In a way the comparison does work.
Well Fates is extremely divisive, though it's currently the best selling game of the franchise. Plus, it's not only more niche, but Pokemon also caters to a younger audience, There are fans who grew up playing Gen 4 growing up for example and them getting less than previous generations hurts. Hell, Gen III fans are mad that USM's using the old designs for Maxie and Archie as the redesigns are so much better

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well Fates is extremely divisive, though it's currently the best selling game of the franchise. Plus, it's not only more niche, but Pokemon also caters to a younger audience, There are fans who grew up playing Gen 4 growing up for example and them getting less than previous generations hurts. Hell, Gen III fans are mad that USM's using the old designs for Maxie and Archie as the redesigns are so much better
I mean, considering those versions of Maxie and Archie are from a non-Mega timeline, according to leaks, that's a dumb thing to get mad about...they're not the same Maxie and Archie.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ooh I would immediately discredit this.

For Pokejungle is literally a site that posts anything no matter where it came from.

I could say Giovanni kills Hau and they'd probably make an article on it.

According to that, some random fan from China sent them that and it's not the actual chinese leaker from sun and moon who has given little bits of info on USUM.

We also knew about RR and Team Rocket showing up in general for awhile because of the early leaks so it wouldn't be hard for someone to build off of that. I honestly don't get why'd they believe some random guy's info when they knew these leaks have been around since USUMs announcement practically.

It could still happen, but I wouldn't put much faith into this.

Although the parasect idea would be hype.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I did some messing around with the Avatar's physics on slopes in Sonic Forces. They ain't half bad.

Yeah, that looks pretty alright.

I wouldn't be surprised if people's issues with the game came down to level length and design and the physics are just getting completely overshadowed. You can tell bad Sonic physics because they're sticky, things like going up walls in Sonic 4 and standing in loops in 06. These physics seem to know it's OK to let gravity do it's work sometimes.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I am personally getting 100% annoyed with the amount of Gen 1 pandering GF is doing
As someone who remembers peak Pokemania, I'm all smiles. The pandering has targeted a lot of my friends who haven't kept up with Pokemon for years, but now we can enjoy it together. :)

:)

And Gen 1 isn't even my favourite.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Twitch should be ashamed for this
As someone who remembers peak Pokemania, I'm all smiles. The pandering has targeted a lot of my friends who haven't kept up with Pokemon for years, but now we can enjoy it together. :)

:)

And Gen 1 isn't even my favourite.
I dont care for gen 1 either and I would be lying if I said I wasnt seriously annoyed but all I ask for is some Pumkaboo and Mienshao love

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm just hoping the next region's exclusive environmental adaptions cover more gens than Gen 1. It did seem like they were planning on keeping a bookmark on the concept.

Not sure if I should expect any Gen 4 variants the same gen as the remakes will likely be, though. . .or for any Gen 4 Pokemon that already have Megas to get variants.

But being able to use Mega (Region) Lucario might be sweet, though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It makes absolute sense for GameFreak to showcase Gen I stuff so much. People who are fans of, say, Gen V and VI Pokémon and who'd like to see those Pokémon get alternate forms are already likely to buy the game. They've stuck with the franchise this long, after all.

The reason they stick with Gen I getting extra stuff is to draw in those who jumped ship after the massive hype bubble popped around the turn of the century, where a lot of fans jumped ship or didn't stick with the series. Well, now those kids who were fans of the Kanto era are at the age where nostalgia is big, along with the general push toward nostalgia in the media in general being big these days. So they try to draw them in with things that are familiar, but just a bit different.

It makes absolute sense from a marketing perspective.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ooh I would immediately discredit this.

For Pokejungle is literally a site that posts anything no matter where it came from.

I could say Giovanni kills Hau and they'd probably make an article on it.

According to that, some random fan from China sent them that and it's not the actual chinese leaker from sun and moon who has given little bits of info on USUM.

We also knew about RR and Team Rocket showing up in general for awhile because of the early leaks so it wouldn't be hard for someone to build off of that. I honestly don't get why'd they believe some random guy's info when they knew these leaks have been around since USUMs announcement practically.

It could still happen, but I wouldn't put much faith into this.

Although the parasect idea would be hype.
A rumor is a rumor, regardless of where it's from (and I don't blindly follow/trust rumors anyway)

But we'll find out everything in just a few days.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I dont care for gen 1 either and I would be lying if I said I wasnt seriously annoyed but all I ask for is some Pumkaboo and Mienshao love
I didn't say I didn't care for Gen 1. I like Gen 1, it's just not my favourite gen. It does carry the best memories for me though.

And true! Why don't they show more love for the one or two Pokemon I specifically care most about out of 800-something of those little ********! They're being selfish if you ask me. :mad:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've heard a (probably not trustable) rumor that Sonic Forces' avatar creator has enough to make one look (close) to Coldsteel the Hedgeheg.

Anything to back that up?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've heard a (probably not trustable) rumor that Sonic Forces' avatar creator has enough to make one look (close) to Coldsteel the Hedgeheg.

Aaron Webber himself said he managed to do that ages ago, lol.

Also, we might be getting more DLC for Forces. The Steam manual for the game mentions a "schedule" of content.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I didn't say I didn't care for Gen 1. I like Gen 1, it's just not my favourite gen. It does carry the best memories for me though.

And true! Why don't they show more love for the one or two Pokemon I specifically care most about out of 800-something of those little ********! They're being selfish if you ask me. :mad:
Ikr, how selfish of me. I should be ****ing ahamed of my self, Im such a selfish ****ing asshole

But I still want some pumpkaboo or Mineshao love. Id be fine with just a npc cameo

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I want to see someone do this

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Aaron Webber himself said he managed to do that ages ago, lol.

Also, we might be getting more DLC for Forces. The Steam manual for the game mentions a "schedule" of content.

Cool characters, stylin' teens beating up wild old men, and rail grinding galore. Are we adding free of charge Games as Service to the list of things that define my favorite probably-not-a-genre-but-I'm-calling-it-one?

Gee, wonder what the DLC schedule for Kid Icarus: Uprising 2 will be?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
My friend just finished Sonic Forces. Apparently it’s not so great.
Well, I mean, that's what everyone's been dumping on it saying.

From what little I watched checking one video taken, the levels certainly look uncomfortably short and linear, but the last time I got a game in this franchise with any sense of speed to it was Generations so I'm a bit desperate nonetheless.

Maybe the bite size of the levels will factor into the whole daily challenge thing, who knows.

Apparently Modern Sonic doesn’t have many zones and Classic Sonic controls like a tank. lol
TBF the only game Classic Sonic isn't at least kinda clunky is Sonic 2.

Or am I not supposed to say that? :troll:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Apparently Modern Sonic doesn’t have many zones and Classic Sonic controls like a tank. lol
Im gussing we should be talking in spoilers in case but
why would they give modern sonic less levels? How many lvls does Classic and Avatar have? Why would Classic have tank controls? :054:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Im gussing we should be talking in spoilers in case but
why would they give modern sonic less levels? How many lvls does Classic and Avatar have? Why would Classic have tank controls? :054:
I don’t know if it needs to be spoiled. He didn’t really get into specifics.

Also he’s my opposite he actually loves Sonic games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
TBF the only game Classic Sonic isn't at least kinda clunky is Sonic 2.
you_are_wrong.jpg

Sonic 2 is actually where he's at his most clunky, in the original version at least. His acceleration is really slow in that one.

As far as Forces Classic Sonic goes, I've only played the demo boss, bit he feels perfectly snappy to me.

Also, a bonus...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't understand the tank comparison.

Like at all.

Chrono.

Idk, I found myself pleasantly surprised at how the characters control in Forces. Avatar had a bit of a learning curve but after playing Space Port so... Damn... Much... I'm pretty well used to them.

I still hate the Cube Wispon tho and Lightning feels clunky still.

Oh yeah I also don't like how Classic's spin dash isn't just mapped to a button like Generations is but that's not really relevant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom