• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Jesus, so many notifications. You can never leave without notice. Worst of all is being dragged back here by a certain someone.

Now Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @WeirdChillFever smashkirby smashkirby @Aussie the Shinobi @NonSpookcificGuy I am genuinely curious. Give me good reasons as to why I should come back and what impact I really had here. It's not like I've done anything noteworthy to warrant being missed. Even if they are support topics that are more or less dead now.
Sorry, for being late. TONS of school stuff swamping th **** out of me like you wouldn't believe. Then again, I've got one more month of the semester...

Anyways, please don't go. Like, PLEASE. Seriously, dude. I never said this before because I thought you might find it weird, but I legit consider you my closest friend on SB.

Heck, I know Aussie's already brought it up, but I may as well say it again. If it wasn't for you, I KNOW (without shadow of a doubt, no less) that I never would have had the gumption to continue the Pilotwings for Smash thread. Heck, I was even considering giving up supporting anyone from that series being to Smash following the moving to the Smash for Switch thread.

PW aside, you even supported a majority of my support threads, and most of the ones I've made are for REALLY obscure characters like Urban Champ, Alice, Dion, Max, and Jack, etc.

All in all, I think of you (highly, I might add) as a very helpful, kind, and overall chill person.

Chrono.

So I beat Zelda Minish Cap a month or two ago and it surprised me how little of the game I see mentioned or talked about.

Definitely on my list of favorite Zelda games. I especially liked the boss fights and how creative they got.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't talk about Minish Cap because I never played it

I actually never owned a GBA, I had to play my brothers

Which is another reason I never really played Pokemon gen 3 until much later

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Minish Cap is the best 2D Zelda imo.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You ****ing lie:005:

How long did it take you?
Can't really say how long to get all power moons until my play activity gives a time, however, I did play it every day since release.
So I beat Zelda Minish Cap a month or two ago and it surprised me how little of the game I see mentioned or talked about.

Definitely on my list of favorite Zelda games. I especially liked the boss fights and how creative they got.
Minish Cap wasn't that memorable a game to me. It's not bad or anything but nothing from my playthrough of it really sticks out to me.

D

Deleted member

Minish Cap is one of my favorite 2D Zelda games and one that doesn't get enough attention.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yo, the new Dragon Ball Super probably will be controversial for some :V
-Yuya Takahashi is a ****ing animation god
-Caulifla legit used the power of love to make Kale control her transformation
-The more you smack Goku, more strength recovers.
-Mah boi Frieza still is based af
-No Ribrianne is good for my soul
-Goku lowkey a fan of Yuyu Hakusho
-Smug Super Saiyan God Goku is best Goku
-The Potaras move might be a literal ***pull
-SSJG Goku went from making Kale and Caulifla his *****es and almost Shadow Realm them to....
NANI!?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With twitter having so many stupid options you'd think I'd have the option to turn off "notifications" of people I follow liking a post or retweeting a post

I can see they did that in the feed. Notifications are supposed to be when I get a message, like, comment or retweet. I don't care if someone else does that, I'll just look in my feed,

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Doing some less than sober work (perhaps the best kind of work ;P) on my next SNES boxart. This one uses more unique art. Here's a tease!
SKIlogo.png

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Minish Cap is really cool but Link's Awakening DX was my first Zelda game and so it will always have a special place for me.

I also find it particularly weird in this wacky and wonderful way as far as Zelda games go. And as a Rosalina fan, that means I have to shill anything done by Koizumi (except when I don't), and Link's Awakening was in large part thanks to him. I just love his approach to storytelling in games. It's really a shame he's been made the producer of the Mario franchise because that's not utilising his real potential as a creative mind, especially with Miyamoto's restrictiveness.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think what I like the most about LA is how the game manages to build such a unique and interesting story for a Zelda game.
I went in fully knowing the twist(because it's kinda hard not to) so I expected not to care but every part of it made me care more and more about that island and its characters. And I honestly felt like the island was very well-built, in terms of lore, it actually felt like it could be a real place.
It's one of those games where you enjoy the journey, which I don't think many Zelda games do right. It's a heartwarming and heartbreaking experience and all I have to say is: "Marin is best girl and **** the flying whale"
Getting the ending where Marin lives as a seagull was the first time in a game I actually bothered to complete its "completely impossible challenge"
Thank Nintendo VC games have save states.

Also, it introduced the single best item in all of Zelda: the Roc Feather
Being correct would be weird if I was Shishoe... I'll give you that.
I don't think I fully understand what you meant but I'm assuming you recognise that Link's Awakening is objectively the best Zelda game

D

Deleted member

Being correct would be weird if I was Shishoe... I'll give you that.
Nah, Shisho is always wrong. And he's weird. Don't trust him. He likes anime.

And he says his butt is perfect without giving any proof. That's just pure evil in its purest evil form of evil.

Last edited by a moderator:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Nah, Shisho is always wrong. And he's weird. Don't trust him. He likes anime.

And he says his butt is perfect without giving any proof. That's just pure evil in its purest evil form of evil.
That's ridiculous. The only perfect butt here is mine.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Been playing Ubers lately and got to 1400+ on a team I've been tinkering with for awhile. I figured I'd share it with you guys. Not really gonna explain it, I've never been good at that. But the idea of the team is to blow through anything that gets in its way. Its centered around Primal Groudon.

~~~
Primal Fury
~~~
Team
~~~​

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SDef / 64 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Precipice Blades
- Hone Claws

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Excadrill (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Xerneas @ Life Orb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Gengar (M) @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Hex

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I haven't played Minish Cap, but my favorite 2D Zelda game would probably be A Link Between Worlds, although I do quite like both Oracle games(and I also haven't played every 2D Zelda game).

Chrono.

They should've seen SFV being a flop coming. The big reason why SF4 sold as well as it did was because it had been years since the last proper SF game, SF3 (I'm including all versions in this), which was also a flop itself because the cast was entirely new and the 3D Polygon craze made folks think it looked outdated. SF4 brought back all those iconic characters and systems so it did feel like a return to form.

But as the years went casuals just didn't care for the game anymore or fighting games in general. Once SFV came about the nostalgia factor was gone and it was just another fighting game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They should've seen SFV being a flop coming. The big reason why SF4 sold as well as it did was because it had been years since the last proper SF game, SF3 (I'm including all versions in this), which was also a flop itself because the cast was entirely new and the 3D Polygon craze made folks think it looked outdated. SF4 brought back all those iconic characters and systems so it did feel like a return to form.

But as the years went casuals just didn't care for the game anymore or fighting games in general. Once SFV came about the nostalgia factor was gone and it was just another fighting game.
If Capcom had that kind of hindsight DMC2 and DmC would probably have never happened. DmC's alright in terms of actual gameplay I hear though

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm rather ashamed to admit it given that it's my favorite video game franchise, but I haven't played that many 2D Zeldas. I've played the very first, the Adventure of Link, and Four Swords Adventures.

To this day I've yet to beat The Adventure of Link.

D

Deleted member

Link Between Worlds and Four Swords were the only Zelda games I've played so far (Does Four Swords even count?).
Between the 2 of them, I liked the former more.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If Capcom had that kind of hindsight DMC2 and DmC would probably have never happened. DmC's alright in terms of actual gameplay I hear though
It is actually really good in the game play department. I thoroughly enjoyed it, enough to finish it (unlike the other games), and I didn't even play the Definitive Edition.

-------

Here's my speedrun of Space Port with the Lightning Wispon.

I promise I'll stop playing now.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Edgy off-brand metal Joseph Joestar.
He first appeared in the E3 trailer only for a few seconds, the Xenoblade 2 poster shows him and Nia running towards Rex. He might be the most confusing character when it comes to whether is he a protagonist as well later in the game (Like how Melia is introduced). We also saw him and his Balde on the steel book art on the same side of Nia and Tora.
2steel art.png

I have to say this again I think he will become one of the playable drivers in the game.
Also it could be either the right sides are eventually the main crew and the left sides are the side antagonist, or since the Torna dudes aren't in this pic at all I can even be more optimistic and say these are all the playable characters in this game, yes including that Atair-like girl and the fat dude.
Man this Blade sure looks like a Narehate from Made In Abyss...

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Only zelda games I've played are ocarina majora's and TriForce Heroes, which tbh shouldn't cvount because I did it solo and grinded for rupees to get good costumes.

I watched Kung Fury yesterday jsut because, god it's so good.

Songs that I've become addicted to-Both versions of Bullet Dance, True Survivor, Fury of the Storm, and Through the Fire and Flames, plus a lil bit of both versions of Sword of Doom

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just beat the main campaign of Super Mario Odyssey. What a terrific game!

Now for those 779 remaining Moons to collect...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I realized I had a severe deficiency of memes in my recent output.

So I went ahead and fixed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom