• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There are 836 unique Moons in total (counting Multi Moons and shop-bought duplicates as only one). You can go all the way to 999, but that requires buying duplicates from the shop.

I'm only at 635, so far. I'm having more trouble finding the last few purple coins I'm missing, than moons, at this point.
I bought 70 moons at Mushroom Kingdom. :facepalm:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I bought 70 moons at Mushroom Kingdom. :facepalm:
Oh yeh, I forgot to say that I have completed Super Mario Odyssey's main story... and I got the N64 Mario outfit which looks so awesome.

To Odyssey really reminds me of how it will be like if you combine Mario 64 and Xenoblade... and keep in mind this is just my own perspective and it will never be true but I feel like Odyssey shares many similarities with Xenoblade, have a main objective but you can still go and do other quest and go to different landmarks - In Odyssey also with objective and sure there are things won't appear once you finish that certain objective but you cans still go and get other moons first.
Also fast travel.... totally reminds me of Xenoblade even though I know fast travel is in nearly every open world game....
You have to tilt your camera this time, some will think it is annoying but for most of the time I am used to it, and hey... Xenoblade also has this mechanic as well! I haven't played Botw so I am not sure if it also has that...
Also outfit customization... both has it too (And I know also Botw...), but XC2 I am a bit worried that they remove it.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Jesus, so many notifications. You can never leave without notice. Worst of all is being dragged back here by a certain someone.

Now @Swampasaur WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever @smashkirby @Aussie the Shinobi NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I am genuinely curious. Give me good reasons as to why I should come back and what impact I really had here. It's not like I've done anything noteworthy to warrant being missed. Even if they are support topics that are more or less dead now.
Simply put. You're just a cool guy. You're fun to have around. You're a good friend.

I obviously don't want to see anyone go but you being a mainstay in the Takamaru thread back when I first joined gives me a certain type of brotherly feel to you. You're one of the first friends I ever made on here.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
TIL there's a Bunsen is a Beast x Fairly OddParents crossover. (Not surprising tbh) :079:

FOP animated in Flash feels wrong, man.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I dit it.

I got every single power moon in Odyssey.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
You know what? I'm taking this personally
Dang it old man now's not the time.

@Yomi's Biggest Fan

Do you know the tale of the Japanese masks?
It says that you show one to everybody, one to your friends and family and one you never show because it's the deepest part of your soul.

I just showed my first mask to Shish.
I care about Shish and I let them know by posting a Gravity Falls reference.
I care about them as a person but they can't make me stop posting my perverse humor even when I'm trying to be nice, helpful.

I show my second mask to a few other friends.
It's a well-thought out post/conversation in which I try to repress my need to be funny if it's a serious conversation.
It's well-thought out and is generally not a direct representation of my actual feelings.
This is this post. But it's only because it's the only way to convey in actual words what you mean to me

I showed my third mask to a few people over the last few years.
It's the version of me that struggles with the notion friendship, the notion of emotion, the part of me that only slightly cares that last thing rhymed.
It's the version of me that can't put his emotions to a cohorent story.
This is what I did to Aussie yesterday and I think that it confused her like a lot.
I couldn't possibly convey only a fraction of the confusion, sadness, anger and fear I felt in words.
Let alone to dish it all out at once.
What I did in the end is posting a picture of a Dutch politician. It's the only picture in my camera timeline that described the utter confusion I felt throughout the whole day.
It's the version of me that'd keep silent, or wouldn't reply if the situation got serious.

I don't want to be that person, not for you.
And if that feeling can only be represented by Sybrand van Haersma Buma I'll take the risk.
Because dag nabbit I want you back.

And I know you've been here for super long but Daisy speculation ain't over when I'm still here so you better get your drama queen ass back there for when I post the Super Mario Run special post

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Collecting the 999 Moons earns you a Golden Turd from Bowser.

D

Deleted member

Headcanon that Hector makes dad jokes
*After rescuing Lilina in FE6*
Roy: "I'm sorry I couldn't save your father but he told me to give you this message" *hands over a piece of paper*
*note says "Don't worry Lilina, no natter what I'll always be your dead"*
Lilina: *uses fire magic to burn the note*

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im just sitting here thinking "man the switch isnt even a year old"
and then im thinking "man i want a 20$ dlc pack fro mario odyssey that adds new locations in every kingdom"
(EX in the cascade kingdom we are not in the full kingdom only a location within that kingdom being fossil falls)
and finally im thinking "whens smash bros i want to see which arms characters they will put in"

D

Deleted member

@Yomi's Biggest Fan

I'm not good at this emotional stuff, but you're a good friend. You said I'm a cool guy (I think you're the first person on the internet who said that about me), and I have the exact same opinion about you.

I think I speak for many people here when I say that if you left, the community would feel hollow without you. But if you really think leaving is what's best for you, go ahead. But I'll miss you for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got to the final secret boss of Bravely Second

I spent all the items and magic and etc I could to defeat them

They had an insane amount of HP in their "Second Form"

But I finally did it! All that was left was their little minion

My character was blinded and missed their minion then the minion revived the boss

Quote from the characters in game

"And that's not the worst of it! I don't even want to remember the worst of it! Battling her mad me want to retire my blade once and for all!"

Took the words out of my mouth. I wanted to rage quit!

But instead I went full on aggression!

Meteor Rains, Firaja Rain + Echo + Chain Spell

Elixers by the other characters who were blinded all the friggin time

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Jesus, so many notifications. You can never leave without notice. Worst of all is being dragged back here by a certain someone.

Now @Swampasaur WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever @smashkirby @Aussie the Shinobi NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I am genuinely curious. Give me good reasons as to why I should come back and what impact I really had here. It's not like I've done anything noteworthy to warrant being missed. Even if they are support topics that are more or less dead now.
Yomi, I'm going to give my input, but I'm just saying right now that it might not be what you want to hear.

This isn't the first time you've mentioned leaving and then proceeded to backpedal shortly after. In this case, not even 24 hours had passed since you said you were leaving and you coming back to post. That can mean, like Zebei said, one of several things. Either you never intended to leave in the first place (in which case this was all just a cry for attention and fishing for compliments, which is kind of scummy), you did intend to leave but decided against it so soon afterward (which would indicate addiction, which, as someone who has various sorts of addicts in their family, I can sympathize and I hope you get better), or someone convinced you to come back this soon (which would indicate the second one, combined with perhaps some manipulation).

No matter which of the three above is truly the case, I can't help but see it as unhealthy. Clearly in those instances prolonged engagement with Smashboards is taking its toll on you, but you need to remember: it's an Internet forum. That's all it is. Nothing is requiring you to post on it. And honestly? If you really are addicted like I'm suspecting, I'd rather not see you post here, for your own good. I'm sure anyone who claims to be your friend here would agree (and shame on those who say things like "you can't leave" because they're taking their own feelings over what is potentially your mental health).

No one should be coercing you to stay here. And honestly, if you wanted to leave in the first place, you should disregard what they say anyway and just leave, for your own good. Staying despite knowing you wanted to go doesn't lead to good things, and it's like staying in a toxic, abusive relationship with an online video game forum, of all things. You're better than that. Rise above it.

Like I said, I know this probably isn't the response you wanted to hear. But hey, I'm just being honest, and it's because I've seen you do things like this in the past, and it's honestly worrisome. I'd gladly accept never seeing you here again if it meant you were a better person for it. Personal growth trumps posting on a website any day.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I am genuinely curious. Give me good reasons as to why I should come back and what impact I really had here. It's not like I've done anything noteworthy to warrant being missed. Even if they are support topics that are more or less dead now.
I'm basically echoing other people here, but if you want to leave- leave. Nobody is forcing you to stay.

I see users do this often here, not naming names, but this isn't the first time someone's up and said they're going to leave and then they come back a few days/months later, and then sometimes, they do it again. I've seen you do this before.

In short, if you feel that leaving is for the best? Leave. Get better. Go find a new hobby. Whatever it is you must do. Social forums can be a bad influence to people- don't let it ruin your day.

As for your impacts? Irrelevant. I ****post in 90% of my posts and I'm still here. The only real noteworthy thing I've done here is being an occasionally sarcastic asshole.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think the lesson to be learned here is that y'all need to go outside.

And maybe have a Kit-Kat.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since I know there's a lot of weebs here, don't go on Crunchyroll right now. It's been hacked and downloads a suspicious .exe when you visit the main page.

People have run tests and the .exe actually encrypts your hard drive, so yeah, pretty dangerous.

Also it's a DNS hack so your stored info on Crunchyroll isn't at risk, just don't visit the site right now and you'll be fine.

Crunchyroll apps on PS4 and smart devices and the like seem to just do nothing right now.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/7aq2s7/psa_dont_enter_crunchyrollcom_at_the_moment_it/

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Since I know there's a lot of weebs here, don't go on Crunchyroll right now. It's been hacked and downloads a suspicious .exe when you visit the main page.

People have run tests and the .exe actually encrypts your hard drive, so yeah, pretty dangerous.

Also it's a DNS hack so your stored info on Crunchyroll isn't at risk, just don't visit the site right now and you'll be fine.

Crunchyroll apps on PS4 and smart devices and the like seem to just do nothing right now.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/7aq2s7/psa_dont_enter_crunchyrollcom_at_the_moment_it/
I dont use cr but if the apps start to get messed up the same way the site is, then that verrrry worring

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Me and my sister have watched Thor: Ragnarok.

While it isn't a perfect movie by any mean. Gosh, we laughed sooooo hard at some scenes, it was just pure joy for the both of us.

Good job Marvel.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Got my Guidance Seal, so I'm done with Tempest Trials.

mario123007 mario123007
Remember how we were talking about Overwatch concepts a while back? Well, some unseen Project Titan concept art was just shown at a panel at Blizzcon. And it looks great. Not to mention the possibility of bringing back one of these concepts as a Hero or Map. Also, we now have Jetpack Cat details and the fact that Genji was almost female.
Either way, some of these concepts look awesome and looking at some of them even tells you which characters were originally which, like:
-Before Angelica was Mercy, Pharah was named Mercy before her.
-Frost used to be a name for Mei's character when she was a bounty hunter, specifically, for the one shown in the image and the determined skinny concept art of Mei.
-Longshot is Widowmaker
-Troy's abilities are similar to Reinhardt's abilities and Troy has a visor like Soldier 76.
-McCloud's similarity to McCree.
-Firestarter's Slag Gun was given to Torbjorn.
-Iris is similar to the design that people suggest to be Athena. Not to mention that Iris eventually became "The Iris".
-As shown, Genji/Proto Hanzo had a female counterpart at one point. Making this comic more relevant.
-Mama Hong looks like the landlord lady from Kung-Fu Hustle, the one with the "lion" voice. (This one is just a bonus.)

Either way, these are awesome concepts and I hope some of them actually become new Heroes and Maps. I would love to see Galapagos and The Iris as Maps and would definitely like to see Huntress(cause Crossbows are awesome), Phoenix, Helios, Brit and Iris as Heroes. And Jetpack Cat looks great too.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I made Yew (Because he has the highest dex) in Bravely Second into a thief (Because it has the highest Dex) with Rifle lore, Late bloomer, Physical attack up, and Frantic Fighting (Which increases hit count) and equipment that raises dex and agility

And he's dealing tons and tons of damage. A lot more than the character I have that's equipped with the most powerful weapon in the game. With just a regular attack. The person with the most powerful weapon has to use "Double Damage", the pirate skill, to attempt to keep up

Rifles are seriously the best weapon in Bravely Second.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
And just who the hell is this guy?

According to the website so far, the enemy is the Torna group which are designed by Nomura, looking at this dude he is by Saitou so I can sort of tell he might be an enemy at first but then alter join the group.
Edgy off-brand metal Joseph Joestar.

Hinoka's conquest level frustrates me so much. ****ing fliers going straight for my healers.

Also I just love running around Hoenn and chasing a crazy lady I just met up a tower that's falling apart only for her to knock me out and watch me sleep.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized after I found my SNES and games

I'm missing my copy of TMNT Turtles in Time

Oh...that's not good.

I guess it's only $20- $40 online, but still.

I hope I didn't leave it at a friends house all those years ago

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Of course the Chinese leak has been spot on but today I learned the details of the Alolan forms so I may be slow

:043::044::045: are Poison/Fairy
:047: is Bug/Ghost
Didn't see anything on :182: or :046: though

If true, there better be a damn non-Generation I Pokémon too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Of course the Chinese leak has been spot on but today I learned the details of the Alolan forms so I may be slow

I can practically guarantee there won't be. It's clear the Alola forms are meant to be a love letter to Gen I since Sun and Moon was the 20th anniversary game.

I'd love to be wrong though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Where did you get the types and that second form?

AFAIK the leaker only specified the first without the type and the second was never mentioned but many people want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom