• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm honestly not too worried by spoilers for Super Mario Odyssey.

But the less I know before playing it, the more satisfying experiencing it is.

D

Deleted member

I just realized that there's no reason for me to avoid Mario Odyssey spoilers. I mean it's a Mario game, there isn't much to be spoiled about.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm making lamb stew. It required me to "sear" the meat first

I have no idea how well this is going to turn out

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I kinda want to avoid spoilers as I usually do, but at the same time, I'm not trying too hard. I'm not getting the game for a while (maybe Christmas time, should have money by then...Dissidia NT is a thing though), so I'm bound to get spoiled after the official release anyway, hanging around Nintendo circles tends to lead to that.

I somehow did not really get spoiled on Breath of the Wild though, so we'll see.

More concerned with Sonic Forces spoilers honestly, those will be popping up real soon too. Just about 3 weeks left until that game comes out.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Some talk about Mario Odyssey spoilers, huh.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the most exciting thing to come out of the spoilers that many people are talking about right now.

Mario gets to fight an actual dragon late into the game!

Here's the pre-boss cutscene and some gameplay of that boss battle:

Like, holy cow, that dragon is really intimidating! It looks like something you wouldn't normally see in a Mario game! Seems like it'll be quite the challenging fight as well, and the kingdom the fight takes place on, the Ruined Kingdom, looks pretty cool too.

During one of the gameplay demo footages, a Nintendo employee mentioned that "that Mecha Wiggler isn't the scariest boss in the game. It's the second-scariest (paraphrased). " Seems like he was probably indirectly referring to that dragon as the scariest boss.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
HOLY CRAP IT'S AMAZING TO SEE THIS CLASSIC CHARACTER REAPPEAR

IMG_0498.PNG

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m betting the last 5 people during the current arc for Dragon Ball Super will be Goku, Vegeta, Jiren, Ribrianne and Kale.

Obviously Goku or Vegeta will win cause there’d be no more DBS if Universe 7 got erased. I think Vegeta will win.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Friend of mine just linked me this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7808x9/this_is_not_how_you_treat_girls_and_women/

Yikes. I enjoyed the game a lot during that free weekend a little while back, but the community sounds really awful sometimes.
This is often the problem with communities, especially the huge ones. You will have the 1st kind of people that are likeable, helpful, real bros, etc. Then you have the 2nd kind who just want to make your life miserable. And it hurts whenever someone new to the community ends up meeting the 2nd kind first and especially at it's worst.
Actual footage of Hideki Kamiya blocking someone on Twitter.

Heh, I did that once by accident. It ended up giving me a good chuckle.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I beat the Nohr mission line, passed where praline praline is stuck (on Easy/Casual, mind you), beat the level after that. . .

. . .Don't really feel much more prepped to chase :4robinf: . Welp.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chrono Trigger update: The Guardian court system is almost as rigged as Isle Delfino's. And which idiot thought it would be a good idea to put a goddamn tank on a bridge? And now I'm in the future... Which is bleak as hell. Yeesh.
ALSO GWEN THE SCRUB IS STUCK AGAIN
*Guardia
And you can actually get an "innocent" verdict, though nothing changes in that scenario as the Chancellor is a ****.
Did you escape the cell or did you get sent to execution?

Seriously, **** that tank, first time through it was a pain in the ass

If it is because of the section where you have to press 3 buttons at the sane time(L R and A iirc), some emulators have that problem. From TV Tropes
Game-Breaking Bug: Not on any of the console versions, but when played on a emulator. Infamously, ZSNES, the most common SNES emulator, would assign the default keys for L, R and A in such a way that it not register with the computer when pressed together, effectively trapping the player in the first few domes of 2030, unable to make progress. It's easily solvable, just reassign the keys appropriately, but, to this day, searching for this online yields a plethora of results...
So I beat the Nohr mission line, passed where praline praline is stuck (on Easy/Casual, mind you), beat the level after that. . .

. . .Don't really feel much more prepped to chase :4robinf: . Welp.
Wait, Casual? Why is Casual a difficulty option? Is there Perma Death in some way?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait, Casual? Why is Casual a difficulty option? Is there Perma Death in some way?
Yeah, there is a Classic Mode where characters get badly injured when they get KO'd and can't fight.

You can revive them, but it costs a lot of money as well as a bunch of gold materials.

Kind of interesting that they put that in but I'm not sure if it's worth it in practice.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Gacha games do a very good job at messing with you and your head when you ask what your luck is. You have the moments where you choose to do multiple summons and you get absolutely nothing you want. But than you do the One-Time only Summons and you strike Gold. In Fire Emblem Heroes, I've gotten 2 Rate-Up units on their Banner on the Free Summon, being Roy and Nephenee, not to mention Nephenee had a very good IV.
Than with Fate/Grand Order, I didn't get much from doing the Halloween Rate-Up with 4 sets of 10 Summons each, but when I use a Ticket for a 1xSummon, I get Tamamo Caster. Much like how I got Vlad III from a ticket.

Why do my best Summons seem to happen from the Free Summons and I get little with using multiple Summons? Darn your Mind games, Gachas! Darn you!

On the other hand, my luck has been horrendous with Overwatch Halloween boxes. The first 2 Golds I got were regular skins(although one was a Doomfist one, so that's nice.) and I have only gotten 1 of the new Halloween skins in almost 2 weeks. This is karma for last year when I got all 4 Halloween costumes with no duplicates in between, isn't it game?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, Tiki. . .took me a bit to figure out how to use the gimmick of.

I definitely want to max out her stats to get the most out of her, but that looks like it's going to take a lot of support parts.

Guess I have to strap her to someone for a couple of fights, then!

D

Deleted member

Gacha games do a very good job at messing with you and your head when you ask what your luck is. You have the moments where you choose to do multiple summons and you get absolutely nothing you want. But than you do the One-Time only Summons and you strike Gold. In Fire Emblem Heroes, I've gotten 2 Rate-Up units on their Banner on the Free Summon, being Roy and Nephenee, not to mention Nephenee had a very good IV.
Than with Fate/Grand Order, I didn't get much from doing the Halloween Rate-Up with 4 sets of 10 Summons each, but when I use a Ticket for a 1xSummon, I get Tamamo Caster. Much like how I got Vlad III from a ticket.

Why do my best Summons seem to happen from the Free Summons and I get little with using multiple Summons? Darn your Mind games, Gachas! Darn you!

On the other hand, my luck has been horrendous with Overwatch Halloween boxes. The first 2 Golds I got were regular skins(although one was a Doomfist one, so that's nice.) and I have only gotten 1 of the new Halloween skins in almost 2 weeks. This is karma for last year when I got all 4 Halloween costumes with no duplicates in between, isn't it game?
You're lucky you even get anything out of F/GO, "a free 3* Heroic Spirit and a 4* HS/Craft Essence? Have another Robin Hood and an Imaginary Element. Oh, and a Medusa for good luck"
It doesn't help there's no reason to do single summons unless you get aticket and building up to 30 Quartzes takes a long time, so I ended up feeling kinda burned out of the game and only logged in for the bonuses.
I haven't played it once since I came back to FEH.

Still, despite my hate for its less user-friendly practices when compared to FEH, it at least has the Friend Points summon which makes that you can actually do something in the game without using quartzes. You can only get 1*/2* and very rarely 3*(it's how I got my first Robin actually) so you're still at a disadvantage but I feel like it's a good feature.
I actually wish something like that would be implemented in FEH, at least a weekly free 5 summon that can only give you 1*-3*(with 3* being obviously rarer). We also really need new 3* units because currently, getting a 3* is just a disappointment because it's stuff we've had since forever.
Or at least update the daily Hero Battles I don't need a 1* Felicia thank you very much

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Real talk: if for whatever strange reason they decide to make a Mario Sunshine sequel, they need to have you visit these surrounding islands.
Ironicly, the Google link that led to this pic was from NeoGAF.

I like to imagine that places such as Mario Kart DS's Delfino Square and Wii's Delfino pier are in these areas. It's not unreasonable to suggest that the Piantas and Nokis branched out from Delfino onto the nearby islands.

----

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Dragon Ball Super spoilers
So Caulifla and Kale are the only Universe 8 fighters left, right?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You're lucky you even get anything out of F/GO, "a free 3* Heroic Spirit and a 4* HS/Craft Essence? Have another Robin Hood and an Imaginary Element. Oh, and a Medusa for good luck"
It doesn't help there's no reason to do single summons unless you get aticket and building up to 30 Quartzes takes a long time, so I ended up feeling kinda burned out of the game and only logged in for the bonuses.
I haven't played it once since I came back to FEH.

Still, despite my hate for its less user-friendly practices when compared to FEH, it at least has the Friend Points summon which makes that you can actually do something in the game without using quartzes. You can only get 1*/2* and very rarely 3*(it's how I got my first Robin actually) so you're still at a disadvantage but I feel like it's a good feature.
I actually wish something like that would be implemented in FEH, at least a weekly free 5 summon that can only give you 1*-3*(with 3* being obviously rarer). We also really need new 3* units because currently, getting a 3* is just a disappointment because it's stuff we've had since forever.
Or at least update the daily Hero Battles I don't need a 1* Felicia thank you very much
Personally, I'm hoping they add a feature where you can purchase 1-Star versions of characters you have filled into the Hero Catalog so you can get duplicates for merging more easily. I was hoping this would be the purpose of Sacred Coins, actually. Unless a character repeatedly comes back as a focus unit and you save your Orbs for them, there is no "smart" way to go about getting duplicates for merging. And since they refuse to add new units to the 3-Star pool, that makes it even worse.

I'd also like to have some way to just summon ONLY for a specific colour. Maybe they could do this as part of the 1st year Anniversary celebrations, and give us four separate banners that only give characters of a specific colour. Call them "Beginner" banners or something. They don't even need to have specific focus units for it, I'd just like some reliable way to get characters of a specific colour.

Speaking of the 1st Anniversary event, I might actually start saving my Orbs for that from now on. Gacha games always do something big for the 1st Anniversary.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
User was warned for this post
HOLY CRAP IT'S AMAZING TO SEE THIS CLASSIC CHARACTER REAPPEAR

The duke of the ****post reclaims his title.

I'm not too worried about any actual Mario Odyssey spoilers since, it's a Mario game. I doubt the lore is that deep. Besides I like to see as much as I can about a game to gauge my interest in all of it's aspects.

Dragon Ball Super spoilers
So Caulifla and Kale are the only Universe 8 fighters left, right?
They are from Universe 6, not 8. And no, those two Namekians we get to see briefly fight with Gohan and Piccolo are also on that team.

I'm almost expecting the main hero team to lose some fighters soon, given how they still have the most. The real question is who exactly is gonna remain towards the end. I'd like to see more fights with Gohan, Piccolo and the Androids, the former two just started their next one.

I have a feeling that they won't beat Jiren, but Goku's team will timer scam because, Vegeta, Frieza and/or Gohan will still be on the ring. Either that, or Frieza's the last one standing while Goku somehow takes Jiren down with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I’m on easy/casual too! Don’t rub it in my face!
Yeah, but do you have a Level 29 classed up Frederick that you frontloaded during a History Mode push?

HERE COMES FREDERICK

(note: Frederick is weak to Iago and I mostly just cherry tapped him with another character for the first half. What final blows may or may not have taken a huge chunk of Iago's health in one go involving bear meat pebble man and a certain Hinoka I blindly paired up as a rescue that was at Level 21 after some stupidity-induced accidental grinding are another matter entirely.)

Also the next level was kind of rough.

*EDIT* Heck, I didn't exactly like that level, Iago was just the least of my worries with it. Mostly. Kinda.

*EDIT 2* Anyone ever notice how his name is Iago and Validar looks just like a really trashy Jafar?

Heck, this Iago's kind of a butt too.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I have Robin set as my system voice and he started scolding me like a mother on the title screen saying "Is the light bright enough? Are you sitting to close to the screen? you've got to plan for these things"

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
They are from Universe 6, not 8. And no, those two Namekians we get to see briefly fight with Gohan and Piccolo are also on that team.

I'm almost expecting the main hero team to lose some fighters soon, given how they still have the most. The real question is who exactly is gonna remain towards the end. I'd like to see more fights with Gohan, Piccolo and the Androids, the former two just started their next one.

I have a feeling that they won't beat Jiren, but Goku's team will timer scam because, Vegeta, Frieza and/or Gohan will still be on the ring. Either that, or Frieza's the last one standing while Goku somehow takes Jiren down with him.
Yeah I meant 6. Piccolo and/or Android 17 will be next. Gohan will be around a bit more cause I remember reading that he’s gonna go Super Saiyan Blue.

I still say Vegeta is gonna win.

Yeah, but do you have a Level 29 classed up Frederick that you frontloaded during a History Mode push?

HERE COMES FREDERICK

(note: Frederick is weak to Iago and I mostly just cherry tapped him with another character for the first half. What final blows may or may not have taken a huge chunk of Iago's health in one go involving bear meat pebble man and a certain Hinoka I blindly paired up as a rescue that was at Level 21 after some stupidity-induced accidental grinding are another matter entirely.)

Also the next level was kind of rough.

*EDIT* Heck, I didn't exactly like that level, Iago was just the least of my worries with it. Mostly. Kinda.

*EDIT 2* Anyone ever notice how his name is Iago and Validar looks just like a really trashy Jafar?

Heck, this Iago's kind of a butt too.
Level 29? The ****? All my guys are unpromoted and around level 16.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder where a good place would be to share worldbuilding stuff I do for fanfic ideas.

Like, every time I try to write fanfiction it comes out as an incoherent mess, but I have these ideas that keep bouncing around as bits and pieces.

Like the reason why Chrom can hear the Palutena's Guidance for Robin is because the Naga's blood that gives him the Mark of the Exalt is enough to push him into being able to hear psychic conversation without being able to initiate it the way Pit does, it's just that Chrom never actually had a situation where that would come up before.

And that would mean that Lucina and Owain at minimum could definitely pick up on stuff too.

I have Robin set as my system voice and he started scolding me like a mother on thentitle screen saying "Is the light bright enough? Are you sitting far from the screen? you have to plan for these things"
The system menu feels like a digital babysitter sometimes no matter who's talking.

"Please be careful to sit the right distance from the screen."

"Please remember to take breaks from time to time."

"You're up late, aren't you?"

Level 29? The ****? All my guys are unpromoted and around level 16.
I did half of a History Mode map with nothing but Frederick.

Almost no one else is even remotely past that 15-ish range except Hinoka and now my newest batch of recruits that are probably a sign I need to grind if the game is handing me those levels.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The system menu feels like a digital babysitter sometimes no matter who's talking.

"Please be careful to sit the right distance from the screen."

"Please remember to take breaks from time to time."

"You're up late, aren't you?"
I dont mind it because it doesnt happen all the time and I surly dont mind it because of robin sweet voice

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>you can't make Buddy on your first playthrough of Sonic Forces

WHY LIVE

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
>you can't make Buddy on your first playthrough of Sonic Forces

WHY LIVE

Good now I have a valid reason to not pla6 it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

You got Tamamo Caster out of a single ticket? Lucky you! I know a lot of people over at the Fate/GO reddit would be shocked to hear that, especially since a ton of the users are going nuts trying to summon her.

I've been saving up a total of 90 Saint Quartz for the Halloween Summon, and not once I did pull Tamamo Caster. I got trolled by Mephistoles and 2 5-star Craft Essences instead.

Now I have to wait a few days if I want to accumulate another 30 Saint Quartz to go for another summon, unless I can get some Tickets, but knowing my luck, I doubt those Tickets will get me anything good.

I've heard that after the Halloween event ends, there won't be another chance to summon until the London event comes out. Do you know when the London patch will come? Tamamo Caster is one of the servants I want to pull the most atm (alongside Altria Saber and Waver), so I'm curious to know how long of a wait it will be to get another chance to summon Tamamo if I don't pull her before the Halloween event ends.

Those gacha games can sure be annoying at times...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>see big Super Mario Odyssey spoiler
>while exploring the Sonic General on /v/

But for what purpose?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
>see big Super Mario Odyssey spoiler
>while exploring the Sonic General on /v/

But for what purpose?
*insert joke about sonic lost world being my favorite mario galaxy sequel here*
real talk tho i was going to say sonic lsot galaxy but that only made me think of this

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got some good news from the retro game community. It seems that previously unreleased NES version of Sim City has finally been dumped, preserved, and the ROM will be soon released to the public.

Alongside Earthbound Beginnings and Star Fox 2, this was another big Nintendo game that was scheduled for release but was cancelled at the last minute. Pictures of it have shown up over the years in magazines such as Nintendo Power, including appearing in an episode of Seinfeld, but no one has been able to get their hands on the prototype until now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For those curious on what exactly was spoiled:

Polygon Mario and Power Stars in Peach's Castle.

Also the big purple dragon who I honestly looked at thinking it was a Perfect Chaos recolour mod from Generations because the design and background were so similar.

Honestly, knowing about these things is giving me less reason to be excited. This has been one of the more annoying cases of a broken street date.

Kinda ironic how easy it was to avoid Sonic Mania spoilers when it broke street date despite still hanging around Sonic communities, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom