• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Just had my deathless arena run ruined by this little demon.

The Hector was fine, but Delthea had Draw Back and kept pulling him back to the same spot.

I tried having Clair get repostioned in to take her out and have Inigo dance her out and then she repositions Inigo out but somehow Delthea survived and that ruined everything. I think she survived because Clair couldn't get a Hone Atk buff from Inigo (I had to move him to the right side of the map to have him in position) and also couldn't double because she wasn't quite +5 Spd compared to Delthea, and then Hector must have been offering a Defense buff (probably a Spur) to Delthea that let her survive with 2 HP.

fml
*laughs in Distant Counter +5 merged Titania*
One of the best investments I've made in the game. I haven't even been aiming for her outside of the banner she was added on, or spent any money on the game, she just keeps showing up for me whenever she's on a banner. :p Getting the spare Hector for DC was just the icing on the cake. (I still have one left, too, but no idea who should get it.) That Delthea would have dealt 0 damage to my Titania (I have her paired with Sigurd, who has Fortify Cavalry), and died from a single hit on the counter.

(If you're wondering, no, I haven't been running a full horse team, just Sigurd and Titania. I prefer to use characters I like, rather than using strong units just because they are strong; it just so happens that those two are mounted units.)

Of course that's not feasible for everyone, but if your Inigo had Triangle Adept (which he should, if that tome of his is Gronnraven) he would have been able to at least tank her and survive (with exactly 1 HP remaining), as long as he wasn't -HP or -Res (if Hector had Spur Atk, he would maybe have needed a slight Res buff, or have needed +Res). Sometimes just tanking something like that and surviving is good enough; you would have been able to finish the job on the following turn and repositioned your unit away from Hector.

If a battle seems like it will be especially tight, like in this case, it might be a good idea to crunch the numbers in a battle simulator to see how it will work out, before going through with a decision.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

One of the best investments I've made in the game. I haven't even been aiming for her outside of the banner she was added on, or spent any money on the game, she just keeps showing up for me whenever she's on a banner. :p Getting the spare Hector for DC was just the icing on the cake. (I still have one left, too, but no idea who should get it.) That Delthea would have dealt 0 damage to my Titania (I have her paired with Sigurd, who has Fortify Cavalry), and died from a single hit on the counter.

(If you're wondering, no, I haven't been running a full horse team, just Sigurd and Titania. I prefer to use characters I like, rather than using strong units just because they are strong; it just so happens that those two are mounted units.)

Of course that's not feasible for everyone, but if your Inigo had Triangle Adept (which he should, if that tome of his is Gronnraven) he would have been able to at least tank her and survive (with exactly 1 HP remaining), as long as he wasn't -HP or -Res (if Hector had Spur Atk, he would maybe have needed a slight Res buff, or have needed +Res). Sometimes just tanking something like that and surviving is good enough; you would have been able to finish the job on the following turn and repositioned your unit away from Hector.

If a battle seems like it will be especially tight, like in this case, it might be a good idea to crunch the numbers in a battle simulator to see how it will work out, before going through with a decision.
Well, good for you to have excess Hectors.

I've never gotten one.

I do have a 5-Star Titania though, and actually have pulled a few 4-Star ones (including today), but they've usually been Reciprocal Aid fodder for the time being for my Falchion users, whenever I get her.

Only character I've really been going out of my way to build is Clair right now. Skills wise she's done for now (until I get a second Berkut or Summer Robin comes back which probably won't be until next year if ever), I just need to get duplicates for merging. Unfortunately she rarely shows up for me despite being available at 4-Star, so it's a long process.

This current Arena run would be easier if I had a better bonus unit than my Tiki, but unfortunately I do not. Tried using Brave Lyn instead of BK and got a deathless run, but the BST on Brave Lyn is too low to get me a high enough score to make it to Tier 20. Couldn't even get matches that would get me 690 points most of the time while I can usually get over 700 points when BK is there.

I also did a some random pulls in case I got Sigurd or Deirdre to use instead but no luck there.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, you guys remember how King got an extra costume in Tekken 7 that resembled a real Japanese wrestler? Well, now Lars gets a new costume too.

And like King, there's a new HUD design and title along with it.

More importantly, just like King, Lars gets a new Rage Art based off of said wrestler. I think there's a couple more Bullet Club shirts as well.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I can almost do that set, as I do have a Henry for G Tome, a Jagen/Gunter for Fortify/Hone and a Niles/Shanna for Iceberg. Reposition isn't too hard as long as I get a Barst or Selena next time. It's Distant Counter that will be the pain.
Also, who are some good units for B Tomebreaker? I do have a bunch of Female Robins to give BTomebreaker with, so who are some that would make good use of it?

D

Deleted member

I'll never understand how can people get so many Hectors only to make them DC fodder. I keep seeing teams running around with full DC on everyone.
It took me a ****ton of Orbs to get one and if I ever get a second one it's either going to merging or replacing the old one depending on the IVs

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'll never understand how can people get so many Hectors only to make them DC fodder. I keep seeing teams running around with full DC on everyone.
It took me a ****ton of Orbs to get one and if I ever get a second one it's either going to merging or replacing the old one depending on the IVs
Why would you need more than one Hector?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>tfw you actually run into someone in Arena who also has Clair as their lead character and also has been putting effort into her

images.jpg

D

Deleted member

If I get one Hector, then I'll keep the first one as a prize since I'm thankful for getting him at all. Another one after the first one though, will be sacrificed to make my Brave Ike become even more deadlier. :grrr:
But that'd make the Urvan's effect pointless as it'd only work against Brave weapons and BLyn.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
GOD DAMN IT

Got my run killed right at the end again.

I guess flat really is justice in this case.

It's times like this where I think duplicate units shouldn't be allowed on Arena Defense teams.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Also, who are some good units for B Tomebreaker? I do have a bunch of Female Robins to give BTomebreaker with, so who are some that would make good use of it?
I'm not sure, really... Maybe blue mages like male Robin, to give them the edge in same-colour match-ups? Though on the other hand, the main blue mage options are Reinhardt, who prefers Lancebreaker, -blade tome users who probably prefer Desperation, or Robin. Maybe some green mages, too, but they generally have little trouble surviving against blue mages, with or without a breaker. So I guess Blue Tomebreaker is in a bit of an awkward spot in terms of usefulness, really. I'd probably hold onto it for now, and see if it becomes useful in some future GHB or Tempest Trials or something like that.

If I get one Hector, then I'll keep the first one as a prize since I'm thankful for getting him at all. Another one after the first one though, will be sacrificed to make my Brave Ike become even more deadlier. :grrr:
I personally don't really think Distant Counter is the best option for brave Ike, actually, since it interferes with Urvan; if he gets attacked and doubled by a mage, and counters in the middle of their two hits, Urvan no longer reduces the damage (because he's no longer taking consecutive hits), so he's more likely to die. But without Distant Counter, he can just tank the hits and finish the job on the next turn (probably with Aether charged up too, so he can heal himself straight away).

Steady Breath is also just too good on brave Ike to pass up, I think, even if you were replacing it with something like Distant Counter.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I just realized that I only recently got my first Hinata in Heroes.
How that is even possible is baffling.

Also, I started FF7 yesterday. Really enjoying it so far. I'm only 2 hours into the game, but it's been fun so far.
I have noticed a few errors in the translation though, even though I know that a few of them were fixed in the PS4(which is what I'm playing on) and PC re-releases. I don't think Cloud's line during the first boss was fixed, though. Other errors I have seen include: "H, hey!", "W, wow", and "It's empty because g, guys like you". Were they unable to use the dash(read: one of these:"-") or something?
I'm fine with it though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I must be at the final boss of Fractured But Whole.

In the scale of 1-10 for boss difficulty every other boss never got past a 2 but this one is a 9.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Odyssey got its street date broken in Portugal, probably it will take a while until videos show u-
*opens Youtube*
*Literally the first video it's the endgame*

Oh yeah, Mr. Krabs :yeahboi:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Only things I got spoiled on in Odyssey are minor or just vague things that don't confirm much of anything yet.

-Toadette is in the game, in her Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker outfit.

-People are apparently mad at Peach for something she does in the ending. Don't know what it is though. I have a good guess though.

-Saw musings that Isle Delfino AND the Comet Observatory might both be in the post-game, though not confirmed yet. Though Isle Delfino was something we knew about. Obviously Peach's Castle is there too, which we knew about. IMO it would be cool if the Comet Observatory is there too, so all three main hubs from previous generations of 3D Mario are in there as explorable locations.

-People noted Rosalina's voice actress appearing in the credits. Does not necessarily confirm she is in the game since she could voice someone else in the game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I guess no one else really wanted to talk Tekken.

Well, in other fighting game news, I've been trying to watch some MvCi since I probably won't get the base version of the game. I do like seeing people use Spider-Man and Mega Man X(both of which are pretty good, but aren't the best), but right now Ultron, Gamora, Dante and Dormammu seem to be getting most screen time.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I actually forgot Steady Breath is a A skill for Brave Ike. Wow. Okay I guess the DC skill can go for Anna then.

Well if I had a second one I wouldn't actually know who to give DC to.

Edit: Okay no. I just remembered Anna needs Fury 3 more than DC for her weapon.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
All I wanted *gasp* was :4robinf: *wheeze* why does history mode have to be so *cough* I just wanted to be able to do this *wheeeeeeze*

I guess this is the game telling me to go back to Story Mode for a while. . .

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
For sure. Also has the most amount of moves of any SF character ever created, so thats interesting.

Also, super hyped for SFV Arcade Edition. Hope my boy Q will make the cut, but from what I heard people say its doubtful.
Never say never.

I mean, I don't think he's very likely, but at the same time, Capcom is capable of making some good surprises (like getting Phoenix Wright in UMvC3 and somehow making him work as a genuine fighting game character).

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
All I wanted *gasp* was :4robinf: *wheeze* why does history mode have to be so *cough* I just wanted to be able to do this *wheeeeeeze*

I guess this is the game telling me to go back to Story Mode for a while. . .
Yeah too bad for me ****ing Iago decimated me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For sure. Also has the most amount of moves of any SF character ever created, so thats interesting.

Also, super hyped for SFV Arcade Edition. Hope my boy Q will make the cut, but from what I heard people say its doubtful.
Well, I'm surprised that changing from Young to Old is his main gimmick. So points for creativity.

I'm not a big Street Fighter buff, though I appreciate what the franchise means to fighting games. But from what I've played of USF4, I'd like to play as Dudley again. He's fun and his target combos are flashier than a good bit of the cast. I'd also like to have Ryu's Donkey Kick comeback, since that let to some cool wall bounce combos. It's also something that's unique to him,(fire and electric Hadoken's used to be.)

D

Deleted member

I finally got around to watching some of the seasonal anime. Girl's Last Tour is a cute "moe girls in a post-apocalyptic world", not much else to say about the first ep.
UQ Holder is... there I guess, I didn't like the manga very much but I'll at least try to watch it until sometime after I dropped it.
But oh boy, I loved The Ancient Magus' Bride, I don't really know what it's supposed to be outside of having magic and magical creatures but it is incredibly pretty and I love the character designs. Especially Elias

(He's the cute one)

I mean, god, that skull face, his posture, his voice, everything about him is amazing.
Well, I at least think it's his face, would be a pretty big turn off if it turned out to be a mask.

I want Elias to buy me so he can teach me magic and make me his bride

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Well, I'm surprised that changing from Young to Old is his main gimmick. So points for creativity.

I'm not a big Street Fighter buff, though I appreciate what the franchise means to fighting games. But from what I've played of USF4, I'd like to play as Dudley again. He's fun and his target combos are flashier than a good bit of the cast. I'd also like to have Ryu's Donkey Kick comeback, since that let to some cool wall bounce combos. It's also something that's unique to him,(fire and electric Hadoken's used to be.)
They've been adding/modifying moves for some characters in Season 2 so who knows, maybe he'l get the Donkey Kick back, especially since from what I gather its a popular request just like Cammy's air throw, which they did give her eventually.

I'd say Dudley has a strong chance of returning thanks to Smug becoming pretty popular, and thats his boy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just read some of the Odyssey spoilers. Cool stuff:

No sign of Luigi being playable. Luigi gets a costume though.
WARIO, WALUIGI, AND SM64 MARIO COSTUMES

Moon Kingdom is, indeed, a thing.

Peach apparently friendzones Mario in the end lol

Moons are Stars in the Mushroom Kingdom

Isle Delfino MIGHT be visitable, and Yoshi MIGHT be usable/playable

YOU CAN CAPTURE BOWSER

I think there was something like 16 Kingdoms total and more than 600 moons.

Lots of good stuff and I'm hyped.

Hype/10

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Chrono Trigger update: The Guardian court system is almost as rigged as Isle Delfino's. And which idiot thought it would be a good idea to put a goddamn tank on a bridge? And now I'm in the future... Which is bleak as hell. Yeesh.
ALSO GWEN THE SCRUB IS STUCK AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom