• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just know with that comment....

A **** STORM WILL COMMENCE!!!!
Nah. Personally, I've learned to not take anyone seriously if they unironically say SJW because of how ignorant they are. "Sjws are ruining comics by making them political" Meanwhile Captain America was made by Jewosh people who were frustrated America refused to do anything in WWII. They also managed to change Misandrist to Feminist which really pisses me off

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Huh. Apparently r/NintendoSwitch just had a big controversy over some mods. . .I think playing review copies on their YouTube channel without disclosing that's what they were? (*EDIT* It was over taking things on behalf of the sub.) A half a dozen mods quit because of this, some for being responsible and others presumably not being OK with the environment it implied.

Aside from the big mod topic the place still seems to be in one piece, though, which emphasizes one particular point: This is why you don't have just one person run an entire community.

They're even restructuring to get rid of their seniority hierarchy. After watching GAF destroy itself, keeping all the heads of the hydra even can only be a good thing.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
1: Does it matter if they're review copies?
2: I'm reminded of this
Yeah it took a minute for me to figure it out fully.

It looks like things are still far more corrupt on the mod team than the announcement let on. Seems like the majority of people who quit were in protest and there's an ongoing issue of the mod team trying to cover the details of the situation up.

This and NeoGAF melting at the same time makes me wonder what is even going on in the gaming community right now.

D

Deleted member

So... NeoGAF meltdown, delicious irony is all I gotta say.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/10/22/neogaf-down-owner-sexual-assault-/

I'm enjoying watching the trainwreck from afar. That place was a cesspool for SJW nonsense.
I find it weird people were sexually assaulted and you're enjoying this only because NeoGaf suffers from it.
Nah. Personally, I've learned to not take anyone seriously if they unironically say SJW because of how ignorant they are. "Sjws are ruining comics by making them political" Meanwhile Captain America was made by Jewosh people who were frustrated America refused to do anything in WWII. They also managed to change Misandrist to Feminist which really pisses me off
If you're going to say you're not taking someone seriously you should try not to direct indirect replies to them

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Huh. Apparently r/NintendoSwitch just had a big controversy over some mods. . .I think playing review copies on their YouTube channel without disclosing that's what they were? (*EDIT* It was over taking things on behalf of the sub.) A half a dozen mods quit because of this, some for being responsible and others presumably not being OK with the environment it implied.

Aside from the big mod topic the place still seems to be in one piece, though, which emphasizes one particular point: This is why you don't have just one person run an entire community.

They're even restructuring to get rid of their seniority hierarchy. After watching GAF destroy itself, keeping all the heads of the hydra even can only be a good thing.
It's the Modpocalypse.

Smashboards is next. :4lucas:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I find it weird people were sexually assaulted and you're enjoying this only because NeoGaf suffers from it.

If you're going to say you're not taking someone seriously you should try not to direct indirect replies to them
I explained a reason why I have those beliefs.
Not that you're wrong though.

Also, played Chrono Trigger for a few hours, good game so far, I just lost Frog though and I dunno how to get him back

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Also, played Chrono Trigger for a few hours, good game so far, I just lost Frog though and I dunno how to get him back

I think I know who can help you there.

Big_the_Cat_(Pre-Super_Genesis_Wave)_profil.png

D

Deleted member

Frog leaves the party after the Cathedral, he returns later so no worries.
The second Middle Ages segment is probably one of the hypest moments in the game tbh.

D

Deleted member

There's nothing weird about it.

Until there's some evidence presented, there's nothing worth raising a fuss over. Innocent until proven guilty. And even then, it should be handled by the proper authorities, rather than a mob with pitchforks. I'm just relishing the fact that the propagators of all the witch hunts through all their virtue signalling are getting their just deserts. And one of the places most responsible for entwining videogames with politics is finally dead.

I'd say that's plenty to be celebrating over.

I care not for what may or may have not happened between two people privately, that, again, should be handled by the proper authorities.

The only thing I care about is the dramatic irony of it all, and fact that the biggest safe space on the web is dead.

D

Deleted member

Oh I know he comes back. I just don't know where the **** I need to go
Where are you right now? If you still haven't recovered Marle, go to the room where she disappesred and then go back to 1000AD
I'm just relishing the fact that the propagators of all the witch hunts through all their virtue signalling are getting their just deserts. And one of the places most responsible for entwining videogames with politics is finally dead.
Yeah, because they should be punished for "putting politics in games" instesd of actual crimes.
There's nothing to celebrate until the criminal is arrested
I care not for what may or may have not happened between two people privately, that, again, should be handled by the proper authorities.

The only thing I care about is the dramatic irony of it all, and fact that the biggest safe space on the web is dead.
"I do not care about what happened between other people but if they're a sjw they deserve to be punished"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Where are you right now? If you still haven't recovered Marle, go to the room where she disappesred and then go back to 1000AD

Yeah, because they should be punished for "putting politics in games" instesd of actual crimes.

"I do not care about what happened between other people but if they're a sjw they deserve to be punished"
Well **** I forgot to pick her up.

"You don't understand there was nothing political about Metal Gear Solid or Wolfenstein until now because muh sjws"

D

Deleted member

You're not gonna get me to change my mind man, and virtue signalling at me to try and get me feel bad isn't gonna get you anywhere.

Just drop it, and carry on with your discussion about FE.

If what I said bothered you, well, you're just gonna have to deal with the fact that there are people out there who think differently from you. I genuinely don't wanna argue about this.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There's nothing weird about it.

Until there's some evidence presented, there's nothing worth raising a fuss over. Innocent until proven guilty. And even then, it should be handled by the proper authorities, rather than a mob with pitchforks. I'm just relishing the fact that the propagators of all the witch hunts through all their virtue signalling are getting their just deserts. And one of the places most responsible for entwining videogames with politics is finally dead.

It should be fine to have places on the web curated so that people don't have to be subjected to bullying on the basis of meaningless differences.

NeoGAF wasn't really that though, because people still had impunity to be vile towards each other over literally everything except specific issues that happened to create a community full of exactly the kind of people that would most be bothered by a guy walking naked and uninvited into the shower behind a colleague. To agree with at least one minor point of your argument and as I said before, EviLore created his own worst enemy with NeoGAF. A community full of people ranging from mildly irritable to downright vitriolic with their one common thread being that they were still well intentioned on the subject of respecting oppressed groups, often to the already highly visible degree of boycotting any game or company that had their dirty laundry aired.

Honestly I'm the opposite. This was one of the few major gaming communities out there, and a treasure trove of information and history spanning back decades, and now it's all gone. But watching an authority figure burn right off of his pedestal is pretty darn cathartic. People are passing around evidence that he's had quite the history of being an awful person, I see no reason why he should be given a free pass just because he has a reputation.

My only hope is that maybe part of the community can redistribute into a better natured group able to include new members without gating it so that only college students can join and foster an environment a bit less geared towards being spiteful towards everything in existence. There's people out there that deserve better, and the fact that an entire community had the conscience to back off when their leader had his true colors displayed says that maybe some of them could be capable of that with a different crowd to hang out with.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I didn't give a **** about NeoGaf yestersay, and I don't plan on starting now just because some dude I don't know ****ed up. :V

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just had my deathless arena run ruined by this little demon.

The Hector was fine, but Delthea had Draw Back and kept pulling him back to the same spot.

I tried having Clair get repostioned in to take her out and have Inigo dance her out and then she repositions Inigo out but somehow Delthea survived and that ruined everything. I think she survived because Clair couldn't get a Hone Atk buff from Inigo (I had to move him to the right side of the map to have him in position) and also couldn't double because she wasn't quite +5 Spd compared to Delthea, and then Hector must have been offering a Defense buff (probably a Spur) to Delthea that let her survive with 2 HP.

fml

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
OK here's a nuanced summation of my opinions on the last few discussions:

1. Hat in Time guy can go **** himself
  2. JonTron can go **** himself
  3. NeoGaf guy can go **** himself

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Only the the most finely engineered fertiliser for farming likes on these posts, kids.

D

Deleted member

Jontron is based af tho.

I would, unironically hang out with him. He's a funny guy, and seems like he'd legit be cool to hang out with.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Well **** I forgot to pick her up.

"You don't understand there was nothing political about Metal Gear Solid or Wolfenstein until now because muh sjws"
You know, right now I'm wondering why I don't listen to you more often...
You're not gonna get me to change my mind man, and virtue signalling at me to try and get me feel bad isn't gonna get you anywhere.

Just drop it, and carry on with your discussion about FE.

If what I said bothered you, well, you're just gonna have to deal with the fact that there are people out there who think differently from you. I genuinely don't wanna argue about this.
...because I really shouldn't bother with someone who uses "SJW" unironically
Just had my deathless arena run ruined by this little demon.

The Hector was fine, but Delthea had Draw Back and kept pulling him back to the same spot.

I tried having Clair get repostioned in to take her out and have Inigo dance her out and then she repositions Inigo out but somehow Delthea survived and that ruined everything. I think she survived because Clair couldn't get a Hone Atk buff from Inigo (I had to move him to the right side of the map to have him in position) and also couldn't double because she wasn't quite +5 Spd compared to Delthea, and then Hector must have been offering a Defense buff (probably a Spur) to Delthea that let her survive with 2 HP.

fml
Couldn't you have baited Delthea out with Inigo or something? From my experience, Arena AI will spam the support skill unless there's an enemy in their range, in which case they'll only wait for Rally buffs if avaible and then charge at you.

D

Deleted member

...because I really shouldn't bother with someone who uses "SJW" unironically
Hey man, I didn't invent the term. SJWs began calling themselves that, and only took a disliking to it when the connotation became negative.

D

Deleted member

Hey man, I didn't invent the term. SJWs began calling themselves that, and only took a disliking to it when the connotation became negative.
Hey man, I didn't invent the term "weeb" either but you don't see me using it unironically.

D

Deleted member

Hey man, I didn't invent the term "weeb" either but you don't see me using it unironically.
I call myself a weeb all the time, and I was around when that term was actually derrogatory and described weirdo japanophiles you didn't wanna be associated with.

Idk what we're even talking abour tbh. It just seems like you wanna get the last word in, lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Couldn't you have baited Delthea out with Inigo or something? From my experience, Arena AI will spam the support skill unless there's an enemy in their range, in which case they'll only wait for Rally buffs if avaible and then charge at you.
Don't think that would have worked considering the ridiculous stats on that Delthea.

Reinhardt is easy to counter with Inigo because his Res is on the low side, same with Brave Lyn to a lesser extent. Delthea actually has good Res out of the box, even moreso with the +9 merge.

Guess it wouldn't have hurt to try though.

D

Deleted member

I call myself a weeb all the time, and I was around when that term was actually derrogatory and described weirdo japanophiles you didn't wanna be associated with.

Idk what we're even talking abour tbh. It just seems like you wanna get the last word in, lol.
Yeah, you clearly seem to not understand what I'm talking about if you call yourself a weeb seriously
Don't think that would have worked considering the ridiculous stats on that Delthea.

Reinhardt is easy to counter with Inigo because his Res is on the low side, same with Brave Lyn to a lesser extent. Delthea actually has good Res out of the box, even moreso with the +9 merge.

Guess it wouldn't have hurt to try though.
Would she have doubled Inigo? I just assumed he'd be the best choice due to WTA and ability to counter, dunno how high his Res is though so I dunno if he'd die to a double(BK would definitely die and Tiki woukd need full HP for Hector). As long as he could survive, that'd put Deltgea in front of Hector.
But whatever, I'm theorising a little too much on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom