• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Umm, Sheer Force? Sheer Force takes away Waterfall's flinch, so Feraligator isn't worrying about flinching the opponent, but doing more damage compared to other Waterfall users thanks to Sheer Force boosting it by 30%.

Liquidation though is slightly more powerful and also has an additional effect, so Sheer Force Feraligator benefits from it.
Plus Sheer Force negates Life Orb recoil
Edit: Whatever, I was probably just looking for attention.
I saw the post but I had to leave before replying. *hug* We don't talk much but you're still a friend in my eye

I played Overwatch today! It's better than I thought, but still not worth the hype imo (I admittedly need to build up skill in FPS games in general) Junkstein's Revenge was fun as hell though. And my copy of Chrono Trigger arrived early!

Also smh at people here getting upset because someone has an opinionated reason to not want to buy some game. It's vise versa, there are people boycotting Firewatch because "The devs are sjw feminazis who got triggered because pewds said the N word"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I remember one of the SM leakers posted the full Pokémon movepools including the moves they would learn with tutors.
But the pastebin got deleted.
:substitute:

Thunder Punch Incineroar plz

D

Deleted member

I swear to ****ing god that if I see one more post about how someone feels unwanted here I'm showering them with love until they tire of me

D

Deleted member

I'd just like to remind everyone that my love only comes in ****posting format because I need to cover myself in 13 different layers of irony or else I feel Vulnerable™

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So I finally got to play SMO at my GameStop last night (as well as Pokken DX AND Mario Kart 8 DX), and I finally see the hype surrounding these games is definitely justified.

For SMO, I could only traverse the Tostarena Desert, but the village alone was pretty big to get around. Also, SO...MANY....MOVES TO PERFORM....

Pokken DX - The Pokemon are certainly bigger badasses in that game than I ever thought possible. Really wanted to play as Pika Libre, but it was a demo, so no dice.

MK8 DX - I actually had more fun in that game I thought I would. Also, would it be weird to say that Isabelle is my main in that game now?

Also, HOLY ****, is SMO a HUGE*** game or what?!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Interrupting discussions on vidya politics for an important, wahnderful celebration.

Tagging Wario Bros. Wario Bros.

If it's hard, the choice on what to do should be obvious. :4villager:
Ah yeah! :4wario2:

Too bad there's no sign of a new game currently (platformer or WarioWare...)

D

Deleted member

Have I mentioned I hate this ****ing map?
I need to bait Tiki out of the defense tile with Hector because he has Ignis charged after killing Ninian on counter.

Speaking of counters, I just realised we don't have Counter skills in FEH, imagine how fun those would be if they were in.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Been playing a ton of Fire Emblem Warriors, definitely enjoying the game.

Frederick dragging enemy's in the ground with his axe as he's riding his horse is soooo satisfying.
Camilla flying over enemies and then smashing down is equally satisfying, and even as support she dives and it's awesome.
Leo and Robin's tome magic attacks in general just look really satisfying.
Takumi spamming arrows with X over and over never gets old.
I've played the hell out of Xander and Ryoma, probably more than anyone...

But then when I unlocked Marth and got around to trying him...

Everyone else sucks and I'm going to devote all resources to the Hero-King. :4marth:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

I need to bait Tiki out of the defense tile with Hector because he has Ignis charged after killing Ninian on counter.

Speaking of counters, I just realised we don't have Counter skills in FEH, imagine how fun those would be if they were in.
-Vantage
-No Counter skills

Sure, it's not like Counter, but Vantage might as well be considered a counter skill, especially considering how peeved people get when they lose a unit to Counter and how peeved you are at Tiki for having Vantage.

And people already witnessed the horror of Ayra not being a Free Unit after trying to get Sigurd and Deirdre a week ago. A Halloween Banner after both would just straight up kill them.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Someone already said it, but Vantage does kinda work like a counter skill.

Doubly so if there's a Distant/Close Counter because range becomes irrelevant.

D

Deleted member

Tyler Malka (Evilore) the owner of NeoGAF has been accused of sexual abuse by a woman, which with other things known about him (such as him grabbing the rear of someone in public which he bragged about on his forum) has lead to a lot of staff members stepping down and quitting NeoGAF.

He's also been forcefully shutting down the site throughout the day to stifle responses, as well as banning people and deleting their threads and posts about this allegation.

This is the same site that vehemently claims to be neutral.

More images in the spoilers.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
R E S S U R E C T I O N

Can someone explain to me what's happening on Neogaf? I RT'd something on twitter, mentioned something about evil Evillore retiring? I thought it was pretty fun w/o context, so said mod must've done something pretty bad to elicit a thread like that.

D

Deleted member

I swear to ****ing god that if I see one more post about how someone feels unwanted here I'm showering them with love until they tire of me
I'd just like to remind everyone that my love only comes in ****posting format because I need to cover myself in 13 different layers of irony or else I feel Vulnerable™

I feel unwanted here.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Tyler Malka (Evilore) the owner of NeoGAF has been accused of sexual abuse by a woman, which with other things known about him (such as him grabbing the rear of someone in public which he bragged about on his forum) has lead to a lot of staff members stepping down and quitting NeoGAF.

He's also been forcefully shutting down the site throughout the day to stifle responses, as well as banning people and deleting their threads and posts about this allegation.

This is the same site that vehemently claims to be neutral.

More images in the spoilers.

Well

That wasn't the explanation for the site having a disconnect error I was expecting.

NeoGAF has been getting rightfully angry about various people in the industry being harassers for weeks now, boycotts and all. The community there won't like this at all.

*checks*

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451590

Yeah they're not happy.

D

Deleted member

What's this talk about feeling unwanted here anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What's this talk about feeling unwanted here anyway?
*hugs*

Do you think we didn't notice your post, you sad puppy?

Of course we care about you, that's why it started. Don't second guess yourself so much. Only I'm allowed to second guess myself here.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Everybody should remember: this is a community for cool peeps.

Even if we argue a lot, we still love each other, because that's how we roll.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's some pretty messed up **** going on over at Gaf.

Good on those mods for stepping down in response. If those accusations are true, and I honestly have pretty much no doubt they are with that testimony, I hope that sicko gets everything he deserves.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Good on those mods for stepping down in response. If those accusations are true, and I honestly have pretty much no doubt they are with that testimony, I hope that sicko gets everything he deserves.
Woah. What's happening with Gaf?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

At minimum there's a massive amount of mutiny going on if you check Off Topic. The number of mods that have quit has gone up to 7, too.

This is the worst possible site that could have had this situation bubble up, both for the amount of power a single individual has and for the type of community that has been curated there. Evilore essentially created his own worst enemy.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In happier news, I've been watching some of the localized Warriors supports since I'm Switchless.

F A M I L Y
B O N D I N G
So sweet.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You're p cool too

It's in the Gaming Side as well

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451575

Plus loads of threads having recent posts asking if there's another place to go (RWBY and MvC:I threads for example).

The site keeps chugging like mad. According to Twitter EVERY mod has now stepped down (or all but one at minimum) and one of the users is on the verge of something best not talked about because the site was one of the few things they had prior to this.

I'm not even sure how to register what I'm watching. I've never seen a community just up and quit on itself.

Ivander

Smash Legend
In happier news, I've been watching some of the localized Warriors supports since I'm Switchless.

F A M I L Y
B O N D I N G
So sweet.
Voiced Supports will be a treat to hear. I haven't gotten Echoes yet, so Warriors will possibly be my first time hearing Supports voiced. And this one sounds very nice.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

F A M I L Y
B O N D I N G
So sweet.
And now the adventure begins, as we get to see Chrom and Marth, Xander and Takumi, and even more engaging support conversations to explore into. :)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Voiced Supports will be a treat to hear. I haven't gotten Echoes yet, so Warriors will possibly be my first time hearing Supports voiced. And this one sounds very nice.
Shadows of Valentia's are definitely a treat. I'll say that Warriors can be a bit hit or miss at times with its voice direction, so some supports are better than others, but when it hits, it hits the bullseye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom