• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Everyone stop whatever you are doing and wish this beautiful man a happy birthday
190a1228-3ba9-4a4e-80ef-e5e36f4a4512.gif

He's a precious cinnamon roll and deserves all the love in the world

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
You're judging the game based on the actions of one person who was involved in making it.

Might not be exact words, but its on the same line regardless.
Alright, alright, maybe I shouldn't have done that, fine. I was hasty and over-reactive. I'm sorry.

(Jackie Chan's still a piece of crap, though. The fact that he's a ****ing shill for the Chinese Communist Party just killed all the hype for The Forgeiner for me.)

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today's DuckTales episdoe was a bit on the weak side (had a good number of laughs though).

But I guess it is necessary to introduce a new character.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
the funniest part about the hat in time stuff is when it was brought up on stream(the stuff about the dev) the streamer and the other people in call, all dropped what they were doing and looked into it, and all they found was a link to a deleted tumblur post..

as for the jontron stuff...i mean i really dont care one way or the other because his involvement is so minimal for like the first week of the games release i didnt even know he was in the game

D

Deleted member

Oh no, they're multiplying
Screenshot_20171016-151144~2.png

All of then have been sent to the meat grinder already so no need to panic

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
To that first one; Shadow Of More Dollars, 'nuff said.
What about Shadow of War? The whole "YOU NEED LOOTBOXES TO BEAT THE GAME" thing was false. You can play through the game just fine without once purchasing a lootbox. The game provides you the resources from the get-go. All lootboxes do is provide the "potential" (keyword: potential) to do things faster, it's not gauranteed, and even if something is better, by how much?

Besides, I said not inherently bad, of course anyone could cherrypick one example of it poorly done and think they "DESTROYED" my argument. If someone's issue with lootboxes is that they can't get the Pepperoni Pizza skin right away or that it's in a $60 game, I'm just gonna tune them out. However if their issue is the risk of gambling addiction (which I don't care what the ESRB says, Lootboxes are a form of gambling) or other bigger issues, I will listen. I don't think Lootboxes need to go away, but I do believe they need to be regulated.

Secondly...Please tell me they're not secretly a murder cult. Though non-jokingly, did they do something really damning?
Wait, what? I haven't heard this one. Is it anything damning?
I found this a while back
There was a problem fetching the tweet
JonTron also voices a character, mind you a minor one you can skip, but after all the issues with him you'd think they'd take him out. They didn't, which I feel tells a lot about the devs, at least the head one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
JonTron also voices a character, mind you a minor one you can skip, but after all the issues with him you'd think they'd take him out. They didn't, which I feel tells a lot about the devs, at least the head one.
Yeah it tells that they aren't going to risk a public outcry like what happened with Yooka-Laylee just because a minority of people are picky about who voices minor roles in a video game. Speaking as someone who's currently playing and enjoying Yooka-Laylee, nothing good came from removing JonTron, it caused a lot of unnecessary drama and caused people over at Team17 to display some less than savoury behaviour themselves.

There is no law against JonTron being on a project.

Also:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yeah regardless of what actually went down, this is still petty.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not buying a game just because its lead developer has done some morally wrong thigs 5 years prior to its release is just nitpicking at its purest, imo.

With that said, if you people want a hat-themed platformer but still don't wanna get A Hat in Time, Odyssey will be there next Friday, so at least you have that :troll:

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Not buying a game just because of its lead developer has done some morally wrong thigs 5 years prior to its release is just nitpicking at its purest, imo.

With that said, if you people want a hat-themed platformer but still don't wanna get A Hat in Time, Odyssey will be there next Friday, so at least you have that :troll:
He's done something wrong and continued to do something wrong. There's more to the thread. The reason this person even brought it up is cause spoke to him about their issues with the lead.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
He's done something wrong and continued to do something wrong. There's more to the thread. The reason this person even brought it up is cause spoke to him about their issues with the lead.
Still don't think an entire game that actually looks really fun to play should be considered not worth buying at all just because of one guy.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Still don't think an entire game that actually looks really fun to play should be considered not worth buying at all just because of one guy.
Umm... okay? I decide how I spend my money, and you decide how you spend yours. I decided I don't want my money going to an asshole who's totally okay with an open white supremacist voicing their character

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dont tell me a people are acually ...mad about a game not taking out jontron which is old news? Really? really really?
Old news to you. Not everyone is as willing to let things slide, and that's not a bad thing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Then maybe the victim in question should have done something five years ago instead of brushing it off as "all in the past", and only making a big deal of it when it suits them (i.e "hey this guy just released a video game with commercial and critical success, I'm gonna be grump all of a sudden and dig up dirt that I brushed off five years ago because I don't approve of this person succeeding in life").

Umm... okay? I decide how I spend my money, and you decide how you spend yours. I decided I don't want my money going to an ******* who's totally okay with an open white supremacist voicing their character
That doesn't have anything to do with the doxxing thing and shouldn't be an issue to begin with.

And if you're really content with the "I buy what I want, you buy what you want" mentality, don't buy the game, but also don't try to convince others not to buy the game. Doing so makes you a hypocrite.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Don't tell me people actually... think something being "old" makes it lose relavancy? Really? Really really?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Old news to you. Not everyone is as willing to let things slide, and that's not a bad thing.
Yeah, you right but I guess imo, if a thing. Hypothetically happend a year ago and the person hasnt done a thing since then, you shouldnt have to dig it up and show it to everyone. But thats just me

Btw, remind me when Jon did his stupidness again because I legit cant remeber.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don't tell me people actually... think something being "old" makes it lose relavancy? Really? Really really?
Being old news does make something less relevant, actually. That's exactly how it works.

The only exception is when continuing developments on the story keep things relevant.

As far as I can tell, JonTron has not done a single thing that can be construed as racist since the Destiny debate. I know for a fact he also hasn't acted on any racist thoughts he supposedly has. He has not brought harm to someone because of their race, or otherwise disrespected them. In fact, I'm fairly certain members of his filming crew are not white.

There's no reason to keep treating this as something that should influence everything JonTron touches. No logical reason, anyway.

And I am still disgusted by the fact nobody wants to realise Destiny is a sociopath and a pedophile, yet when Destiny clearly manipulates Jon into saying stupid things that can be very misconstrued by the media (and they definitely were), that's the hot topic instead.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Then maybe the victim in question should have done something five years ago instead of brushing it off as "all in the past", and only making a big deal of it when it suits them (i.e "hey this guy just released a video game with commercial and critical success, I'm gonna be grump all of a sudden and dig up dirt that I brushed off five years ago because I don't approve of this person succeeding in life").
You know, Terry Crews was a victim of sexual assault years ago, and only a few weeks ago did he come out about it. It took him so long because he knew no one would believe him, after all he's a 6'3," 245lbs black dude. This may be a different scenario, but that doesn't change much at all. Victim blamers like you are gross and are the reason people take so long just to come out with something. This whole "why didn't the victim do this!!!! They're doing it for attention!!!!" is exactly why we have so many problems.

That doesn't have anything to do with the doxxing thing and shouldn't be an issue to begin with.
I didn't say everything had to do with doxxing.

And if you're really content with the "I buy what I want, you buy what you want" mentality, don't buy the game, but also don't try to convince others not to buy the game. Doing so makes you a hypocrite.
Except, I wasn't trying to convince anyone not to buy the game. All I said was "The game looks fun, but the dev makes me uncomfortable." It was only once people asked did I go into stuff. You wanna buy the game, go right the **** ahead, I'm just not going to, and I gave me reasons why.

edit: This entire argument started because someone wanted to shame me for not wanting to buy the game

Being old news does make something less relevant, actually. That's exactly how it works.

The only exception is when continuing developments on the story keep things relevant.

As far as I can tell, JonTron has not done a single thing that can be construed as racist since the Destiny debate. I know for a fact he also hasn't acted on any racist thoughts he supposedly has. He has not brought harm to someone because of their race, or otherwise disrespected them. In fact, I'm fairly certain members of his filming crew are not white.

There's no reason to keep treating this as something that should influence everything JonTron touches. No logical reason, anyway.

And I am still disgusted by the fact nobody wants to realise Destiny is a sociopath and a pedophile, yet when Destiny clearly manipulates Jon into saying stupid things that can be very misconstrued by the media (and they definitely were), that's the hot topic instead.
My entire cultural identity was destroyed 400 years ago when white people took African slaves to the new world. I'm sorry, but no matter how many years pass, until something is done to right those wrongs, it'll always be relevant. Same rings true with JonTron. He hasn't retracted those statements, he hasn't taken strides to improve, he hasn't shown anyone anything that he doesn't still believe that entire groups of people should be removed from the gene pool. Until he does, it will always be relevant.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
while this arguments going on mario odysee is ebing streamed by someone who got the game early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom