• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Animal Crossing direct inbound

Mobile game only apparently

Nah we're seeing AC Switch.

It won't be full blown but I bet we get like 10 seconds of footage and confirmation of it's existence.

D

Deleted member

Having no bonus units (I have Arvis but only at 4-Star) is suffering, this is gonna be a slow TT.
#JusticeForJulia
It may be slow but just getting around 3000 points a day is enough to ensure you get to the Guidance seal by the end of the TT.
Highest Hard difficulty on auto nets you about 1500 per Stamina bar and that's not considering the first two bonus battles

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Holy **** Atk Smoke seal
Holy **** Guidance seal
Holy **** Brash ****ing Assault seal
I like these. I like these a lot.
Brash Assault is huge! That would allow slow Brave users like Cherche and Frederick to be able to perform Quad-attacks against Melee foes. It greatly helps the slower Brave Bow users to quad against both Bows and Mages as well. And last, it helps free up a B slot for regular Lyn.
Guidance is another big one, as that can allow for some big plays as well as helping Armor units move faster. And ATK Smoke is nice for Bow users, Mages and Daggers.
Huh, my Clair build could probably run the Brash Assault seal really well since she already runs Desperation, but it does compete with Quickened Pulse.

You can't Quad with Brash Assault right?
Brash Assault does combine with Desperation to allow attacking before the opponent counters, thanks to Lyn. So this should work with Quadding as well. If you have Brash and Desperation on a Brave user, they should Quad before being counterattacked.

Also, I just realised something terrifying. Lyn can now use a B-skill thanks to the Brash Assault Seal. Lyn + Sol Katti + Brash Assault Seal + Wrath. :demon:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
#JusticeForJulia
It may be slow but just getting around 3000 points a day is enough to ensure you get to the Guidance seal by the end of the TT.
Highest Hard difficulty on auto nets you about 1500 per Stamina bar and that's not considering the first two bonus battles
Eh, that's still a little slow though. I did that last TT but only because I had Bonus Units for that one.

I might just legitimately use my entire Stamina bar on the highest Lunatic run, at least for some days. More points a day that way, though I'll do the auto-Hard method if I ever feel too drained.

I'm kinda iffy on whether or not to blow my Stamina Potions on this TT on the last day like I did last time to get all of the Orbs, I'll see how I feel about that though.

I'm gonna try pulling for Sigurd or Deirdre tomorrow anyway so hopefully I can get one of them.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Welp, Guidance seal has just become my top priority. Mobility upgrades are game changers. The other two seals are great, although they are going to have to wait. Arvis has made me want to upgrade the Ploy seal we have so I can build a high RES team that just debuffs everything on the map each turn.

As for Warriors, completed the story mode and got female Robin and male Corrin, but it doesn't seem like my units are ready to get Lyn or Celica. Either that or I am just not good enough as a player. Has anyone done the Dark Pontifex History Map? What does that unlock? I only know about the other four.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Another thing I realised about the Brash Assault Seal. With Brash Assault around and a possible uprising of Brash Assault/Desperation and of Brave Weapons, Brave Ike, Sigurd and the Deflect Seals are likely going to see just as much use.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wonder if Master Roshi will be a dlc character or base game character for FighterZ
If he is in, he'll probably be base roster. Given how much the devs want to focus on unique playstyles, Roshi would be a perfect fit for that. He does have a lot of moves to pull from. And all of his ground normals could be drunken fist if need be. He could even have a stance change on whether or not he's normal sized or puff. On top of that, he's a popular character too.

I mean, they even did something a bit unique with Nappa, in that he summons Saibamen. Which they probably didn't have to do since Nappa doesn't have competition for heavy hitters in the roster so far.

I wonder if Videl's in, she could be strictly rush down without any Ki attacks, but have a ton of speed to make up for it.

Given some stuff on the website(in the coding), it seems like we miiiiiiiiiight be getting another version of Gohan and Buu, since they were the only two with labels on their names other than Goku and Vegeta. Goku and Vegeta had (SS) labels, and their alt versions are labeled SSGSS. Gohan was labeled (Y), probably for Young, and Buu was (Z), which I heard referenced the guy he absorbed when in order to become Fat Buu.

I think the only character that's practically a lock at this point is Gotenks or Beerus. But Hit would be hype.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They confirmed they won't talk about it
Eh I'll buy it when I see it.

Its the same way that a 2016 direct had stuff for this year, or any other similar things they have done in the past.

They won't give a name but I think we'll definitely see some preview.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Got Waifu emblem Warriors on release and already beat the main story got :4robinf: but haven't gotten the other Corrin that doesn't actually exist :dazwa: and started working on both lyn and Celica.. but I'm much closer to getting Lyn lol
also for the Characters i find fun to play as (in no particular order).. Cordy/Caeda (too similar but I'm usually playing as Cordy) Elise, and Sakura I've used Chrom, Takumi, Lianna (chose her at the start) and Lissa a bit for the main story.. though Tiki probably has the worst fighting style.. it feels worse than Tingle from Hyrule Warriors imo..

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Seen it, but that's still pretty funny.

I still can't really get behind the art style of the models in FE Warriors. Everyone looks kinda plastic-y to me.

Speaking of FE, someone on SF posted an FE character sorter. took me like 2 hours to finish because I refuse to cheat and turn off specific games.

but apparently these are my top 10 FE characters:
1 Minerva
2 Jill
3 Camus
4 Nino
5 Delthea
6 Haar
7 Mia
8 Python
9 Clair
10 Finn
I gave it a shot, the first time didn't go so well so I had to redo it with a couple edits, but here's how it came out:
1. Finn
2. Lief
3. Lyon/Jill/Elincia/Ranulf
7. Tiki
8. Minerva
9. Linde
10. Skrimir
11. L'Arachel
12. Tailtiu
13. Nasir
14. Tinny/Nino
16. Cormag
17. Cherche
18. Sonya
19. Clair
20. Sumia
21. Saizo
22. Lukas
23. Mathilda/Louise
25. Leon

Honorable Mentions: Olwen, Oboro, and Amelia

Overall, while there are a couple I would move around it's a pretty solid list for me. Surprised Finn took the number one spot though, I figured it would be Lief based on how the sorting was going.

Shin Megami Tensei V exclusive for Switch!
I can't wait to play this, I liked both IV and Apocalypse's gameplay so I'm looking forward to seeing what steps forward they take with this one. Also, I hope they bring back the majority of the demons from those two, I'm still a little disappointed I couldn't use Minotaur in Apocalypse and I'd like to be able to play as some of my previous favorites in the new game if I can.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, this has been getting noticeable enough so I'll say it again.

Has anyone noticed that EVERY achievement system in Nintendo games is called Badges?

There might be some exception I'm forgetting, but Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and now ARMS and Fire Emblem Warriors. . .heck, half of these aren't even in house, but it still keeps going. Nintendo published, Nintendo badge'd

At this point if Nintendo makes a standardized achievement system, I'm either going "called it" if it's Badges or being surprised if it's not. It gives them a name they don't share with other companies and it's suitably Nintendo.

Do you think they might retroactively patch it into titles they published that already have it if a system is set up and copy the Badge lists onto the system-wide Badge collection?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm watching some of the supports in Fire Emblem Warriors on YouTube.
While none of them really stood out so far (Aside from Robin and Xander's supports), I must say that I want Yuri Lowenthal to voice Marth in the next Smash. He does a great job.
Also, this is actually my first exposure to Marth's character, and I have to say that I rather like him.
Can't wait for the DLC to come out to see Leo/Owain and Niles/Owain supports and **** with the timeline :^)

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If he is in, he'll probably be base roster. Given how much the devs want to focus on unique playstyles, Roshi would be a perfect fit for that. He does have a lot of moves to pull from. And all of his ground normals could be drunken fist if need be. He could even have a stance change on whether or not he's normal sized or puff. On top of that, he's a popular character too.

I mean, they even did something a bit unique with Nappa, in that he summons Saibamen. Which they probably didn't have to do since Nappa doesn't have competition for heavy hitters in the roster so far.

I wonder if Videl's in, she could be strictly rush down without any Ki attacks, but have a ton of speed to make up for it.

Given some stuff on the website(in the coding), it seems like we miiiiiiiiiight be getting another version of Gohan and Buu, since they were the only two with labels on their names other than Goku and Vegeta. Goku and Vegeta had (SS) labels, and their alt versions are labeled SSGSS. Gohan was labeled (Y), probably for Young, and Buu was (Z), which I heard referenced the guy he absorbed when in order to become Fat Buu.

I think the only character that's practically a lock at this point is Gotenks or Beerus. But Hit would be hype.
Master Roshi also would need to have the evil containment wave too. Adult Gohan and fat Buu woukd be nice.

Videl I coukd see working. I’d also want Mr. Satan in. Even as a joke character he’d be the king of joke characters.

D

Deleted member

While none of them really stood out so far (Aside from Robin and Xander's supports), I must say that I want Yuri Lowenthal to voice Marth in the next Smash. He does a great job.
Also, this is actually my first exposure to Marth's character, and I have to say that I rather like him.
Can't wait for the DLC to come out to see Leo/Owain and Niles/Owain supports and **** with the timeline :^)
Chrom encourages Elise to break walls
Edit: I meant to edit my original post, not reply to this one, ****

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
*shameless plug*

Also someone actually showed this to Yuri himself back when I uploaded this, and he liked it, so I don't think he'd be opposed to the idea.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Real talk for a second....

Am I annoying and argumentative?

Be honest.

D

Deleted member

Be honest.
From the few interactions I had with you, I don't think you are.
You seem like a really chill guy, and you're not very judgemental (Like when I made a complete fool of myself yesterday and you told me it's okay without getting mad at me).
Why do you ask?

Ivander

Smash Legend

Be honest.
I don't think so. I mean, everybody has a moment now and then, which is perfectly normal. But you are, or at least more than most other members, one of the more relaxed and considerate members I've seen.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Be honest.
You're not one of the users here that I feel tend to set off big arguments and I certainly don't remember you being annoying.

So I certainly don't think so.

I'm not sure what the opinions of the aforementioned users are, but at least with most of us you seem to get along fine.

D

Deleted member

Just got the 4* Arden
"Strong and tough is good but please, don't call me slow"
Pls do not bully Arden he's a good boy
"I'm sure that I would be more popular with the ladies if I was a bit quicker"
Arden, no, that's not what they want

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Maybe I'm crazy, but with Halloween coming up fast I would love to see some matchups related to that, like Eliza from Tekken vs Mira from Killer Instinct. Vampire vs vampire. Or maybe Bayonetta vs Mira or Eliza. Witch vs vampire. Or outside that, an archery battle pitting Takumi from Fire Emblem Fates vs Hanzo from Overwatch. Also, I'm about to commit a cardinal sin of gaming, I'm going to say something positive about MVCI, but the music is great, with Jedah, Iron Man, Monster Hunter, X, Zero, Nova and Thor particularly really great themes. Also, I almost forgot that tomorrow is he lighting of the flame for the Pyeongchang Olympic Winter Games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It looks like in episode 115 of Dragon Ball Super

Kale and Caulifla are going to fuse

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Be honest.
I wouldn't say so. There's a few annoying people on this site, but even they aren't too bad compared to other places.

As far as being argumentative...Can't say that you give off those vibes. Just that you stick to your guns. To be honest at least you're one of the few people who bring up interesting topics of discussion that isn't just Fire Emblem stuff. I try to as well, but it's mostly either Fighting games, Dragon Ball, Marvel/DC or Mega Man if I'm bringing up topics.

Though recently I did re-read Todd McFarland's Spider-Man #1, which has one of the best covers ever. And I like the narration in it. Makes me realize even more how Marvel comics desperately needs new writers. They've either been on one book too long, or they butcher the characters. And McFarland's more of an artist than a writer.

Most of their good artists are either underused or left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom