• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
>be me
>hear that Ginyu is a playable character in DBFZ
>hear that he have his body swap technique, which sawp the character and the health of both players
>realize that online players will troll peoples by body changing with them at low health and/or forcing them to play Ginyu
>put this with A16 self-destruct that kill anyone if they get grabbed
>add on that someone might use body change in tournament
>all the possibilty for salt and cheesing
View attachment 133293
I swear, if this game come on the Switch, Ginyu is going to be on my team, no joke.
I wonder if Ginyu could end up being banned in tournaments

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I wonder if Ginyu could end up being banned in tournaments
Let's wait first how Ginyu is as a character and how Body Change is going to work. Because knowning Arc System, they won't put a mechanic that break the game in half. So like A16 oneshot move, there will be something that will make body swap not as good as someone might think at first.

I just hope it's good enough to be rage-inducing online.:troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should somehow make Tagoma an alternate skin of Ginyu

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
He was in the 3DS Dragon Ball game that Arc System Works made, and is quite different from most characters in terms of build. (as far as the current roster goes, only Android 16 is similar, from what I recall) I'm expecting that we'll get Raditz and Bardock too. (not sure about Broly; depends on if the roster will continue into Super's current arc or not)
I feel like if Raditz was in the game he would have been revealed alongside Nappa, like how the androids were revealed together. Plus him and Bardock don't show of a lot of abilities in there source material which could be an issue.

D

Deleted member

My phone ran at of memory and I ended up deleting FEH. I had stopped doing it for a while anyway and figured I missed too much to get back in.

And I heard they don't give daily orbs anymore? Is it a lot harder to get orbs?
I got back into the game a few weeks ago and I had the same fear but it's really easy to get back in, especially since you get one of the CYL units for free.
Hell, I actually made more progress after coming back and actually getting units I wanted

Just have a Lv.40 team on autobattle for the Normal and Hard missions and you'll be done in no time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why did they give us the difficult FF3 when they had the American scale FF Mystic Quest to put on the SNES Classic?

Edit: I just saw ProJared's FF3 review and I want to replay the game! It was my first DS game. That and Kirby Squeak Squad

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lol Arvis got bodied on Lunatic with just my brave Lyn, her dance troupe, and her healer/bff.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It was an in game thing between Pyro and Heavy.
Pyro won.

Should have joined. Heavy would have won

Edit:

LOL, Ribrianne's costume is in Xenoverse 2

Ribrianne is becoming a super important character

She's gonna win the Tournament of Power

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Every single Dragon Ball Z Youtube commentator reviewed the latest Manga Chapter of Dragon Ball Super and NONE of them put 2 and 2 together and realized that Belmod faked his being injured.

I don't get them. They are supposed to be the top speculators and stuff.

You can't say it was because it was in Japanese, because it was all body language. You'd think someone with aspergers would have a harder time reading the body language than someone that spends their time and gets paid to analyse these things

D

Deleted member

I'm THIS close to beating Arvis GHB on Infernal, I just need to figure out how to either kill the Green Cav in one round of combat (which would basically boil down to Hector being able to proc QR2 by the point he fight him) or for Hector's Ignis to trigger against Arvis as Vantage would make sure he strikes first.
My whole run won't be destroyed by a Drag Back, oh no

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I reckon there are enough FE weebs here to do this. Found on r/fireemblem.

I guess I mostly match True Neutral, except I play on the hardest difficulty, and I don't care about the pairing system and would be happier if they dropped it for the next game.

Ayra has it and I have no plans on using her, once the TT drops, which she is most likely the reward for, I'll sacrifice one of them since I have no plans on using her.
And I guess I want her to still be able to take as little damage from Reinhardt as possible.

It isn't even Fury's recoil that turns me off from it but the fact the two boosts she makes use of are only +3, which is inferior to all the other options, even if some are Player Phase only.
If you want to minimise the damage Nino takes from Reinhardt, then Fury is actually your best bet, because of the +3 to Res on top of the Atk/Spd boost. If you go with Life and Death, she will die to almost all flavours of Reinhardt, while Fury will let her survive him (though it depends somewhat on his buffs or merges). Fury also lets her get herself safely into Desperation range, if you're using that.

If you're still not convinced, I'd probably go with Darting Blow over Swift Sparrow, personally, because she generally doesn't really need any more power; she really just wants to get her Speed up so she can guarantee more doubles. The 2 less Spd offered by Swift Sparrow actually knocks her out of the range of doubling a lot of the faster units, who she would otherwise double with Darting Blow.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am very happy to be a Pyro main.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I reckon there are enough FE weebs here to do this. Found on r/fireemblem.

Lunatic Classic where available.

Tends to just let pairings happen and doesn't go for a specific one.

Use units I like and basically always make them powerful (all y'all who think Rinkah is bad are scrubs, same with Clair) somehow but I will still use the obvious OP and useful ones too.

Have only finished Birthright and SoV so far, but I am on the verge of finishing Conquest and have purchased Revelations (bought the Fates SE at launch), Shadow Dragon, FE GBA, and Sacred Stones so they're ready go. Also play FE Heroes every day.

SoV is my personal favourite so far.

This makes me an enigma right? An unheard of monster.
I’m literally none of these options.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well this is nice and sooner than I expected. Hopefully you'll be able to record more than 30s in the future.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I’m literally none of these options.
Same LOL.

I'm normal/casual, pair who I think feel most right yet at the same time also fun, play my favorite characters but mostly default to Robin/Corrin in their games, don't really care too much about era but lowkey out of coincidence only ever end up bothering with games when they're the ones everyone hates.

Like Lawful Casual and True Neutral warped together with just the wrong dash of Chaotic Casual. And I have RPG finishing problems so I guess Chaotic Neutral slightly too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guess who just beat the GHB on Infernal?
"Omae wa mou shindeiru!"

Nino really is the MVP.
All it took was a holy ****ton of trial and error and Stamina Potions.
I don't even care for the rewards anymore, I just wanted to spit on this god forsaken map.
I guess I mostly match True Neutral, except I play on the hardest difficulty, and I don't care about the pairing system and would be happier if they dropped it for the next game.

If you want to minimise the damage Nino takes from Reinhardt, then Fury is actually your best bet, because of the +3 to Res on top of the Atk/Spd boost. If you go with Life and Death, she will die to almost all flavours of Reinhardt, while Fury will let her survive him (though it depends somewhat on his buffs or merges). Fury also lets her get herself safely into Desperation range, if you're using that.

If you're still not convinced, I'd probably go with Darting Blow over Swift Sparrow, personally, because she generally doesn't really need any more power; she really just wants to get her Speed up so she can guarantee more doubles. The 2 less Spd offered by Swift Sparrow actually knocks her out of the range of doubling a lot of the faster units, who she would otherwise double with Darting Blow.
But wouldn't Fury really kill her durability for stuff like TT or Chain Challenges? But eh, if I ever get someone with Fury 3, I'll consider

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
> Checks the new Switch profile icons

> Stuff from Mario Odyssey & Breath of the Wild

> STILL no Wario or Waluigi icons

:glare:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well this is nice and sooner than I expected. Hopefully you'll be able to record more than 30s in the future.
I personally think double click is better than hold the button, but that's just me.
So is there any update?
This means I can record my MK8 saved highlight where there is the best part and then delete that section, nice.

Ad it seems that that's not all, there will also be system transfer. I think this is bigger...

Edit:
Amelia made a poem...
Sometimes you do
something crazy and cool,
and wish you could go back
with a video capture tool.

That was... not bad actually...

And that boy could possibly be either Amelia's little brother or son...
Only capture 30 seconds was a bit disappointing already, but now it seems that it only supports Nintendo titles... hope indie and third party devs will release updates that supports video capture soon, or Nintendo themselves release update that video capture supports all games.

2nd edit:
It seems that they also improved the brightness adjustment, after the update the system set the auto-brightness ON by default, no wonder I felt the screen was a bit darker than usual, I slid it and notice the dark and bright is way more noticeable than before, back then I remember the screen brightness reach to the darkest even before it reaches to the far left.

3rd Edit:
- the system now supports Chinese/ English. The system is still English but any games that supports Chinese will automatically be set in Chinese.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
But wouldn't Fury really kill her durability for stuff like TT or Chain Challenges? But eh, if I ever get someone with Fury 3, I'll consider
- Nino
- Durability

Pick one. :p She dies if pretty much anything can land a hit on her.

More seriously, though, for those modes you will generally want to bring some sort of healer, whether you are using someone with Fury or not. It doesn't necessarily have to be a staff user, either, if you have someone with Renewal, or a Falchion user, or if you promote the Arvis you just picked up. Just stick Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice on them (which one depends on their HP), and then they can serve two jobs at once. (Or just bring really tanky units who can soak up damage without needing much healing, like our lord and saviour Sigurd.)

Besides, Nino generally shouldn't be getting hit anyway, unless you really need her to tank a blue mage or something. Her best B skill is Desperation, so you want to get that active so she can nuke stuff without reply, which Fury can help with if you don't put Ardent Sacrifice on her. You can't die to Fury's recoil, so once she "runs out" of HP she'll just stay at 1 HP forever unless she dies or is healed, and Desperation will stay active between maps.

And if you're still worried, there's no harm in having multiple options for each slot on a character, and swapping between them when you feel it's necessary. (If only the game would allow you to change skills before starting a battle.) This is probably what I'd do, personally; have Fury on her for one-off battles like arena, story maps, and such, and Darting Blow for more endurance-focused modes like Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges. (I should probably point out that I don't use Nino, personally, so I can't quite speak from experience, though I have other units where I like to have multiple options for certain skill slots (or even complete loadouts, in some cases) like this.)

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm trying to test this out, hopefully my upload worked.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Do we have Booyah?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
First time I've gone without a monk in FF3. Going with a Thief instead

Wound up actually going back to Birthright anyway after being in less of a terrible mood.

And I actually had a small bit of fun? I get wrecked by level up RNG, but I guess it's payback for having spectacular RNG for the beginning. After like 3 +1/+2 levels in a row, i'm back to an average Corrin :(

It's funny that I already have half of the cast benched though. I think I have so many people I want to bench, I wont be able to fill an army. . .may have to call up Hinata or Subaki just to try and get back to full.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Video capture and system transfer with the new Switch update is cool and all, but my favorite part about the update is that we finally have a Revali profile icon!

Finally, a good character icon for a character I really like.

10/10 best Switch update yet!

Hopefully, the next Switch update will add some Fire Emblem icons to tie in with Fire Emblem Warriors, and if Takumi is among them, my life will be more complete!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Video capture and system transfer with the new Switch update is cool and all, but my favorite part about the update is that we finally have a Revali profile icon!

Finally, a good character icon for a character I really like.

10/10 best Switch update yet!

Hopefully, the next Switch update will add some Fire Emblem icons to tie in with Fire Emblem Warriors, and if Takumi is among them, my life will be more complete!
Something tells me if they skipped to Odyssey already that Warriors isn't getting one. Either it's because the game is being developed by a third party or ARMS set a precedent instead of simply being too early for the increased update content and it's too low profile. That distinction is the difference between whether Xenoblade 2 is likely to get a set or not.

But I would be more than happy to Switch my icon to Caeda if that were somehow an option.

Also Kass is the superior birb. *plays accordion into the sunset*

D

Deleted member

Training up the Sigurd I have for the TT, I ain't passing up this monster of a bonus unit.
Question: do you still get the bonus from bonus units if the team they're on is wiped out?
Well, this answers that question:

This is pretty underhanded.
There goes my free Swift Sparrow
Well, I have one free summon so let's see what I ge-- it's Roy. It's goddamn ****ing Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom