• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I like the Lost World concept. But it needs polish. I think he should've done parkour far earlier on in the 3D games, but I get why it can be kind of hard to implement. Especially when you have multiple PC's. When you have one, it's easier to polish that kind of gameplay. Lost World was a good start of the concept, mind you. But it needs some work to be done if they're going to release another game in that style.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think I threw up in my mouth a little.
Swallow it. :023:

Honestly, I don't really like Lost World as a game. Could use a little more speed for a Sonic game. I do love the concept of it though. A cylindrical Sonic game with parkour as a central mechanic and if done right I do believe it could result in a very good game.

D

Deleted member

Okay, I'm personally rather new to FE and I play on Normal/Casual so take what I say with a grain of salt.
-Don't bother with the Pegasus or Rinkah
I dunno, Hinoka is pretty good with her 55% Str and 60% Spd growths.
Subaki is pretty **** though and Rinkah is lol.
Saizo with Flame Shuriken is your only Mage
Not true.
Silas is the only Cav in the route, use him well
You can reclass Jakob. Just saying.
-Elise heal
You neglected to mention that she destroys everything after promotion, but considering her nonexistent defense I can see why
Odin sucks unless reclassed to Samurai
You're being generous. Samurai Odin is better than the sorry excuse for a mage he makes, but that's all you can say about him. Plus E ranks in Conquest is bleh.
-Get Niles a Shining Bow
Hello 35% mag growth.
-You never leave the Ninja **** Cave
Is it that bad in high difficulties? Again I played the game on Normal Casual, but I personally found the Ninja chapter in BR to be worse.
Edit: You also forgot to mention that Azama is a terrible staffbot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What problems do people have with Sonic Forces?
It's existence alongside Mania
I have my fair share of concerns for Sonic Forces, including with today's gameplay, but I hope SEGA black lists these guys. Honestly.

Blacklist is a bit too far for doing a stupid meme imo

Nintendo's going to restrict who they'll give review copies. The people that get hit the hardest will be small outlets and youtubers

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's existence alongside Mania

Blacklist is a bit too far for doing a stupid meme imo

Nintendo's going to restrict who they'll give review copies. The people that get hit the hardest will be small outlets and youtubers
Nah, blacklist them anyway. The meme is straight toxic sewage and deseves to burn.

And you aren't going to say why Nintendo is making the restriction? One of their small outlets took their review copy of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions and ripped a rom of it, then uploaded it onto 4chan for people to pirate. While forgetting to scrub the (digital) game of the data that identified who's 3DS it was.

This is why the fandom can't have nice things.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nah, blacklist them anyway. The meme is straight toxic sewage and deseves to burn.

And you aren't going to say why Nintendo is making the restriction? One of their small outlets took their review copy of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions and ripped a rom of it, then uploaded it onto 4chan for people to pirate. While forgetting to scrub the (digital) game of the data that identified who's 3DS it was.

This is why the fandom can't have nice things.
The reason I didn't explain the restriction is...
I hadn't read that bit yet ,-,

D

Deleted member

Personally, I'm mostly hyped for Sonic Forces because they're bringing back the other characters. I personally missed them.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Which ones?
Let's count!

• Shadow
  • Metal Sonic
  • Chaos
  • Zavok (if he counts)
  • Silver
  • Rouge
  • Vector
  • Espio
  • Charmy

At this point, 9 characters have returned.

It's nice to have a cast that isn't just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Eggman.

That said, Forces looks like Generations 2 so even if its more linear I'm still game for it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Hopefully riding a Blade means no Quick Step Gems in this game.

The translation of the tweet turned out unfortunate :4dk: :

niad.PNG

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hopefully riding a Blade means no Quick Step Gems in this game.

The translation of the tweet turned out unfortunate :4dk: :

View attachment 133288
"I want to ride monopon too."

This is secretly a Nopon marriage ritual.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Let's count!

• Shadow
  • Metal Sonic
  • Chaos
  • Zavok (if he counts)
  • Silver
  • Rouge
  • Vector
  • Espio
  • Charmy

At this point, 9 characters have returned.

It's nice to have a cast that isn't just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Eggman.

That said, Forces looks like Generations 2 so even if its more linear I'm still game for it.
Whoa whoa.

Chaos or Chao?

Need to make sure cause I hears nothing about Chaos's return.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should add a Chao raising game in it

Or just a dedicated Chao game

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not true.
I didn't mean literally
Orochi sucks and Not!Ricken does best as an Oni Savage so your only option for Magic Damage is Saizo
You can reclass Jakob. Just saying.
He had a male Robin in the pic he posted so that wouldn't work, Jakob 2 is one of the worst units in the entire game
You're being generous. Samurai Odin is better than the sorry excuse for a mage he makes, but that's all you can say about him. Plus E ranks in Conquest is bleh.
Uhm, no, Odin's growths are perfect for a Samurai because he doesn't try to gimmick his way out like the two base ones in BR.
Also, Raid Katana
Hello 35% mag growth
Regardless of the growth(which isn't that small compared to his Str):
-It's not outright non-existant
-Shining Bow has 13 Mt
-Targets the usually lower Res
-Just having the option on which stat to target
-Generals
Is it that bad in high difficulties? Again I played the game on Normal Casual, but I personally found the Ninja chapter in BR to be worse.
It's a long map that can end anytime due to a simple error and it's incredibly claustrophobic.
I don't have as much of a problem with it because, if anything, it's Shura Land due to all the Ninjas and I have it worse with Mr.Fuga's Wild Wind Ride but Ch.17 is still... One of those
You also forgot to mention that Azama is a terrible staffbot.
Nah, I just forgot Azama exists in general
**** Ch.11
**** him in FEH

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So Ginyu and Nappa are confirmed for DBFZ.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

I didn't mean literally
Orochi sucks and Not!Ricken does best as an Oni Savage so your only option for Magic Damage is Saizo
I know you didn't mean it literally, I'm not stupid.
Sakura is pretty strong after promotion.
He had a male Robin in the pic he posted so that wouldn't work, Jakob 2 is one of the worst units in the entire game
I just pointed out that Silas isn't the only cavalier in BR, but I see your point.
Uhm, no, Odin's growths are perfect for a Samurai because he doesn't try to gimmick his way out like the two base ones in BR.
Also, Raid Katana
Raid Katana is just a slightly better Brass Katana with crit chance. And he's not very strong so it's not gonna do much damage at all.
Regardless of the growth(which isn't that small compared to his Str):
-It's not outright non-existant
-Shining Bow has 13 Mt
-Targets the usually lower Res
-Just having the option on which stat to target
-Generals
Okay, you win.
I still think Bow Knight would be more ideal thanks to 9 movement and because Niles' Str is higher but I see yoir point.
It's a long map that can end anytime due to a simple error and it's incredibly claustrophobic.
I don't have as much of a problem with it because, if anything, it's Shura Land due to all the Ninjas and I have it worse with Mr.Fuga's Wild Wind Ride but Ch.17 is still... One of those
I see. I can see your point actually - the chapter wasn't hard from my expirience but it took a while to finish because the dragon veins are stupid in this chapter and I admittedly suck at strategy (hence why I play Normal/casual)
I still think BR's Mokushu chapter was worse because of the ****ty map design. Like what were they thinking when they designed it?
**** Ch.11
We're in complete agreement on that.
I wanted to throw my 3DS out the window when I hit an Archer counter. **** that.

D

Deleted member

Beat Arvis GHB on Lunatic
Only Arvis and a Red Mage remained, Lyn managed to OHKO Arvis since she had Draconic Aura charged but that left her in range of the Red Mage AND she had 15 HP left
****** dealt 14 damage bless Drive Res 2
Raid Katana is just a slightly better Brass Katana with crit chance. And he's not very strong so it's not gonna do much damage at all.
It also gives +3 Effective Spd.
It's not ideal but it works wonders on grinding from E-Rank and Swordmasters are just too good to pass up.
I see. I can see your point actually - the chapter wasn't hard from my expirience but it took a while to finish because the dragon veins are stupid in this chapter and I admittedly suck at strategy (hence why I play Normal/casual)
I still think BR's Mokushu chapter was worse because of the ****ty map design. Like what were they thinking when they designed it?
BR's version was just annoying because you couldn't tell where the caltrops were and your units were limited due to being early game.
Thankfully, Kotaro isn't a ****ing ***** about it and isn't sitting on a throne around a bunch of caltrops and lol Kodachi lol
Now that is something I completely agree with.
I wanted to throw my 3DS out the window when I hit an Archer counter. **** that.
On Normal it's the easiest CQ map but on Hard the Archers get Counter, Ninjas get Lunge and Azama has ****ing Counter+Divine Retribution
Also, Hexing Rod

D

Deleted member

It's not ideal but it works wonders on grinding from E-Rank and Swordmasters are just too good to pass up.
>Weapon grinding
>In Conquest
Dude, as someone who uses the Boo Camp DLC in Conquest... It's not a reliable way too grind weapon ranks. Especially E-ranks.
They have low might and faceless hit like trucks in early game (I'm talking about the regular ones. Fighting golden faceless at that point in the game is complete suicide). Doesn't help that weapon expirience is pretty slow in this game.
I'm not saying Swordmaster Odin is bad (I'm currently using him in CQ with a forged Killing Edge with a name, to stack his personal skill on top of the Swordmaster's high crit chance) but you're better off benching him then going through so much grinding.
BR's version was just annoying because you couldn't tell where the caltrops were and your units were limited due to being early game.
Thankfully, Kotaro isn't a ****ing ***** about it and isn't sitting on a throne around a bunch of caltrops and lol Kodachi lol
You forgot the forest terrain.
It's not an issue for Takumi and the Pegs, but for everyone else, the process of getting to Kotaro is a nightmare.
I think whoever designed this map just placed caltrops and trees in random tiles and the team was too lazy to change it.
On Normal it's the easiest CQ map but on Hard the Archers get Counter, Ninjas get Lunge and Azama has ****ing Counter+Divine Retribution
Also, Hexing Rod
I disagree about being the easiest CQ map on Normal. I found it to be the hardest from what I've played (15 if you don't count the prologue chapters)
I believe the Ninjas have Lunge on Normal as well, and I already mentioned the Counter Archers.
Azama's Hexing Rod resulted in Niles dying in my game, which made me reset the chapter for the... IDK, 4th time? I couldn't unlock the other treausre chest because of that, in case you're wondering why.
Azama with Counter sounds like bull****, but at least you can attack him from range to prevent counter from activating.
Fun fact, I beat that Chapter on Azama's birthday. I found that out after I beat the chapter.

D

Deleted member

>Weapon grinding
>In Conquest
Dude, as someone who uses the Boo Camp DLC in Conquest... It's not a reliable way too grind weapon ranks. Especially E-ranks.
They have low might and faceless hit like trucks in early game (I'm talking about the regular ones. Fighting golden faceless at that point in the game is complete suicide). Doesn't help that weapon expirience is pretty slow in this game.
I'm not saying Swordmaster Odin is bad (I'm currently using him in CQ with a forged Killing Edge with a name, to stack his personal skill on top of the Swordmaster's high crit chance) but you're better off benching him then going through so much grinding.
I don't have Boo Camp and, when used Samurai Odin, by the time Raid Katana would fall off, he already had leveled up his rank.
Like, Weapon Rank takes a lot of time to level up in Fates but E-Rank to D-Rank only takes a couple of battles and it's not like Raider weapons are bad.

The only problem is that he competes for the only early game Heart Seal with Jakob 1 and possibly Corrin(no one else until Camilla and maybe Beruka really wants the seal that much).
So he's only going to become a Swordmaster if you have a Male Corrin who's either staying at base or being reclassed to a special class.
Though in the latter case, you could then just make Odin a Dread Fighter
I disagree about being the easiest CQ map on Normal. I found it to be the hardest from what I've played (15 if you don't count the prologue chapters)
I believe the Ninjas have Lunge on Normal as well, and I already mentioned the Counter Archers.
Azama's Hexing Rod resulted in Niles dying in my game, which made me reset the chapter for the... IDK, 4th time? I couldn't unlock the other treausre chest because of that, in case you're wondering why.
Azama with Counter sounds like bull****, but at least you can attack him from range to prevent counter from activating.
Fun fact, I beat that Chapter on Azama's birthday. I found that out after I beat the chapter.
Pretty sure they don't have anything on Normal, the chapter was a great break from Ch10 on my first run.
Still, it's not that hard, just annoying, the fact that you can take it at your own pace when every map before it wouldn't give you breaks is what makes it easy.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ginyu's a damn cool idea but Nappa? Seriously? I'm not half expecting Farmer with Shotgun to be added later then
He was in the 3DS Dragon Ball game that Arc System Works made, and is quite different from most characters in terms of build. (as far as the current roster goes, only Android 16 is similar, from what I recall) I'm expecting that we'll get Raditz and Bardock too. (not sure about Broly; depends on if the roster will continue into Super's current arc or not)

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Here's the scans for Ginyu and Nappa in FighterZ.

I assume Ginyu will be Captain Commando-esque. Body Change shenanigans should be hilarious.

Nappa isn't one of my first choices, but he was a big part of the Saiyan saga so it makes sense at the very least. He'll probably be pretty unique.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
hey I don't want to shill too much but I'm sure that if you like my ****posting you're going to love my experimental electronic music lol

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
**** YEAH NAPPA

I have reason to care now. Lol

D

Deleted member

I don't have Boo Camp and, when used Samurai Odin, by the time Raid Katana would fall off, he already had leveled up his rank.
Like, Weapon Rank takes a lot of time to level up in Fates but E-Rank to D-Rank only takes a couple of battles and it's not like Raider weapons are bad.

The only problem is that he competes for the only early game Heart Seal with Jakob 1 and possibly Corrin(no one else until Camilla and maybe Beruka really wants the seal that much).
So he's only going to become a Swordmaster if you have a Male Corrin who's either staying at base or being reclassed to a special class.
Though in the latter case, you could then just make Odin a Dread Fighter
I was going to mention Mozu, but then I realized that her situation is very simillar to Odin, if not worse, thanks to her awful bases.
So you win this one.
However I will say that reclassing Jakob in CQ might not be the best idea because you can't use Elise in Chapter 12, which means Jakob will be your only staffbot. I mean, he's not very good at that role, but it's better to have a bad staffbot than no staffbot at all.
Pretty sure they don't have anything on Normal, the chapter was a great break from Ch10 on my first run.
Still, it's not that hard, just annoying, the fact that you can take it at your own pace when every map before it wouldn't give you breaks is what makes it easy.

Uh no, I just checked, and the Ninjas do have Lunge in this chapter.
You do have a point about it being more annoying than hard, but I don't think I would've reset the chapter so many times if it wasn't even a little hard.

D

Deleted member

I was going to mention Mozu, but then I realized that her situation is very simillar to Odin, if not worse, thanks to her awful bases.
So you win this one.
However I will say that reclassing Jakob in CQ might not be the best idea because you can't use Elise in Chapter 12, which means Jakob will be your only staffbot. I mean, he's not very good at that role, but it's better to have a bad staffbot than no staffbot at all.

Uh no, I just checked, and the Ninjas do have Lunge in this chapter.
You do have a point about it being more annoying than hard, but I don't think I would've reset the chapter so many times if it wasn't even a little hard.
Yeah, Ch12 is a thing but I can manage it without a Staff user

And they do? What about the Counter Archers? I'm pretty sure Ch11 at least has some differemces in skill loadout

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Ch12 is a thing but I can manage it without a Staff user

And they do? What about the Counter Archers? I'm pretty sure Ch11 at least has some differemces in skill loadout

100% sure Counter Archers is a thing on Normal. I remember specifically having Nyx attacking one directly and then getting killed because her HP was ****.

In case you're wondering why I used Nyx, it's because Elise was still unpromoted and Odin was a Samurai. I benched her once I recruited Leo. Still need to get her Certain Blow to pass down to Forrest though. That will be fun. /s

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here's the scans for Ginyu and Nappa in FighterZ.

I assume Ginyu will be Captain Commando-esque. Body Change shenanigans should be hilarious.

Nappa isn't one of my first choices, but he was a big part of the Saiyan saga so it makes sense at the very least. He'll probably be pretty unique.
The only thing exciting about those characters is that if they can get in, anyone can

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh damn, just got the entirety of Thor Ragnarok spoiled. I was doing so well, too...

RIP Odin and the Warriors Three, and no sign of the Soul Stone...maybe Thanos already has it? Can't see it being in Black Panther.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
arms adds spring akuma as a secret fight and yall talking abotu a game where the translators ****ed up so bad they called the fire emblem the series namesake "the shield of flames"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom