• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
An interview in the most recent issue of Famitsu has provided some new details about UltraSun and UltraMoon that I think are worth reading. Here's what the interview detailed according to Serebii:

Serebii said:
Some new information has come out about Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon via an interview in the Famitsu magazine which has leaked on a Japanese blog. At present, the magazine is not out so details may require further translation. It confirms that the game is further detailed than people believe with there being further post-game story content than before, adding that it is far more in-depth than Pokémon Emerald & Platinum in terms of change and that the story is twice that of Pokémon Sun & Moon's.
Ok, this is actually really good news! Sun and Moon definitely lacked post-game content (though it was nowhere as bad as XY's), so it's great to see that GameFreak took note about the issue and fixed it. What really makes me happy is that the interview reveals USUM will have the most addition and changes compared to past third versions.

I think I'll be pre-ordering UltraSun now!

The interview also revealed these additional details about USUM.

Serebii said:
It also states that catching and training Pokémon will have elements to make it easier to obtain compared to Sun & Moon. It also confirms that you will encounter various Legendary Pokémon through the Ultra Wormholes when you travel through portals on Solgaleo & Lunala, including Legendary Pokémon, noting the possibility of Mewtwo. We'll bring more as it comes.
If that first party is what I think it's implying, I really hope they made Hyper Training more accessible: particularly, giving us more ways to obtain Bottle Caps in the game and utilizing an easy way of raising Pokemon to level 100 instead of grinding at the Poni Gauntlet where the highest levels reach the level 60 are the two best ways to make this possible. This news gives me hope that GameFreak fixed that issue.

As for the latter, it looks like the Ultra Wormholes will be the main method of catching legendaries from past generations for this game. If that's the case, the Creation trio would be perfect legendaries to catch via this method. It has also the potential for some great throwback potential: imagine if you could access a part of the Distortion World via the Ultra Wormhole, and there, you catch Giratina. That would be really cool!

Pokemon's official Youtube channel also uploaded the English version of that USUM story trailer that came out a short while ago.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know I think the thing that bugs me most about Fates and, to an extent Awakening, is character motivations. A lot of the motivations are just because they're associated with someone in the Royal Family. Why? Just cause they know each other? Bugs the hell outta me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of these days pokemon is just going to let the trainer chose the nature/ gender/ IV's/ EV's/ moves of a pokemon without all that inconvenience

D

Deleted member

Can anyone answer this question correctly?
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_20.png

World of Blazing
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_21.png

Which Chapter does Rennac join again?
You know I think the thing that bugs me most about Fates and, to an extent Awakening, is character motivations. A lot of the motivations are just because they're associated with someone in the Royal Family. Why? Just cause they know each other? Bugs the hell outta me.
Yeah, almost everyone is either "oh you royal? me help"(see: Charlotte, Orochi and Not!Ricken, Keaton and Kaden, etc.) or "retainer".
Like, the ones that were handled well imo were Scarlet who has a common goal and Shura who has him joining either for repaying the debt of sparing his life or the promise of Kohga being reconstructed.

Awakening has characters like Say'Ri and Cherche which work but then you have a whole lot who are literally with you just because(Henry, Virion, Lon'Qu, Panne, Gaius have no reason to stick out for so long)
And then you have Tharja who is just...*sigh*

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
An interview in the most recent issue of Famitsu has provided some new details about UltraSun and UltraMoon that I think are worth reading. Here's what the interview detailed according to Serebii:

Ok, this is actually really good news! Sun and Moon definitely lacked post-game content (though it was nowhere as bad as XY's), so it's great to see that GameFreak took note about the issue and fixed it. What really makes me happy is that the interview reveals USUM will have the most addition and changes compared to past third versions.

I think I'll be pre-ordering UltraSun now!

The interview also revealed these additional details about USUM.

If that first party is what I think it's implying, I really hope they made Hyper Training more accessible: particularly, giving us more ways to obtain Bottle Caps in the game and utilizing an easy way of raising Pokemon to level 100 instead of grinding at the Poni Gauntlet where the highest levels reach the level 60 are the two best ways to make this possible. This news gives me hope that GameFreak fixed that issue.

As for the latter, it looks like the Ultra Wormholes will be the main method of catching legendaries from past generations for this game. If that's the case, the Creation trio would be perfect legendaries to catch via this method. It has also the potential for some great throwback potential: imagine if you could access a part of the Distortion World via the Ultra Wormhole, and there, you catch Giratina. That would be really cool!

Pokemon's official Youtube channel also uploaded the English version of that USUM story trailer that came out a short while ago.

I knew that having a twice as big (compared with the SM one) official guide announced was a good sign.
Dis game is gonna be thicc.
Ultra Thicc.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was casually playing Yooka-Laylee when I discovered an out of bounds glitch.

Will post video in a sec.

D

Deleted member

It has also the potential for some great throwback potential: imagine if you could access a part of the Distortion World via the Ultra Wormhole, and there, you catch Giratina. That would be really cool!
Gamefreak pls.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While we're on Pokémon, there is one thing that bothered me: In HeartGold & SoulSilver, the Poké Maniac trainer was cosplaying up as some unknown creature:

Every other game they were in, they either didn't wear an outfit or was a Charizard cosplayer.

What the heck is it suppose to be? Doesn't help that THREE generations has passed and not a single Pokémon since then looks remotely close to this.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
While we're on Pokémon, there is one thing that bothered me: In HeartGold & SoulSilver, the Poké Maniac trainer was cosplaying up as some unknown creature:

Every other game they were in, they either didn't wear an outfit or was a Charizard cosplayer.

What the heck is it suppose to be? Doesn't help that THREE generations has passed and not a single Pokémon since then looks remotely close to this.
It's his own Original the Pokemon obviously

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

It took four generations for a Pokemon referenced in Red and Blue to become Munna.

We can start worrying when it doesn't show up in Pokemon Switch. :^)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It took four generations for a Pokemon referenced in Red and Blue to become Munna.

We can start worrying when it doesn't show up in Pokemon Switch. :^)
Does that mean that White Hand is going to end up an official pokemon!?!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pokémon Lost Silver & Pokémon Buried Alive coming for the Switch.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's my crazy descent into out of bounds hell in Yooka-Laylee.

For context, this is still my first playthrough and I haven't played the game in two weeks or so (wasn't the biggest fan of the second and third worlds and I had other reasons why I couldn't really play). I was supposed to head to the fourth world, but I was having fun exploring this new section of the hub world and wanted to find as much as I could within this loaded up area. I saw what looked like an area that had more stuff higher up, but then ended up discovering I was not supposed to be there.

The real madness starts at about the 3 minute mark, I just wanted to show how I ended up finding it.

I don't know if this is a known glitch but I thought I'd share. I also think this has speedrun exploit potential, but I would have to experiment further to verify that. I saw some areas I didn't recognise but think I could get to with this glitch, so that could potentially sequence break the game or something.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
View attachment 133278
World of Blazing
View attachment 133277

Yeah, almost everyone is either "oh you royal? me help"(see: Charlotte, Orochi and Not!Ricken, Keaton and Kaden, etc.) or "retainer".
Like, the ones that were handled well imo were Scarlet who has a common goal and Shura who has him joining either for repaying the debt of sparing his life or the promise of Kohga being reconstructed.

Awakening has characters like Say'Ri and Cherche which work but then you have a whole lot who are literally with you just because(Henry, Virion, Lon'Qu, Panne, Gaius have no reason to stick out for so long)

Gonna have to disagree with Virion. I'd say he has ample reason to stay until the end of the Valm arc at the very least.

His whole reason for enlisting in Chrom's forces to begin with was a political move. When Walhart took over Rosanne, he needed to find strong allies to help him free his land and his people, which the Shepherds seemed to be, so he fought with them against Gangrel. Obviously when it came time to fight Walhart, he'd aid them too, since he has a vested interest there (Whyyyyyyy didn't those two have a boss conversation, IS).

And then it's made abundantly clear that the Grimleal and Grima are threats to not only Ylisse, but the world at large. It's also completely in-character for him to help here: his supports with Tharja and Panne, as well as his epilogue, show at he has the safety of the common people as his priority above all else, even if it means he loses his own life. It makes sense that he'd risk taking on the Grimleal due to just how much power they hold.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

His whole reason for enlisting in Chrom's forces to begin with was a political move. When Walhart took over Rosanne, he needed to find strong allies to help him free his land and his people, which the Shepherds seemed to be, so he fought with them against Gangrel. Obviously when it came time to fight Walhart, he'd aid them too, since he has a vested interest there (Whyyyyyyy didn't those two have a boss conversation, IS).
Uhm, no, Walhart hadn't started his conquest yet. There's a 2-year timeskip between the Plegia arc and the Valm arc, there's no way Walhart, the one-man army, would take so long to take over Valm with his immense and hyped up army.

Cherche would also have been with Virion from the start, unless you want to tell me he went back to Valm to get just her to safety.

And I'm also pretty sure someone would have heard of what's going on in Valm in this 2-year period. The surprise Chrom and Chrompany have when hearing the situation meant to indicate it's relatively recent.

Virion's motivation for joining diring the Plegia arc is supposed to be wanting some ***** but he doesn't have some specific ***** he wants like, say, Jaffar so he could just try getting some that doesn't end up putting him in the middle of a war

Alright speaking of FE. . .I have some questions for Fates since the FE thread is still not possible for me to post in.

Basically, I want to force myself to like this game so that when Warriors comes out, I can play it without grievances involving the roster.

So if you have any tips to help me enjoy NR and CQ, lay em on me.
For the record, i'll be playing on Hard Classic, until some arbitrary point where i'll drop to casual mode since I generally find that more fun.

Also, does someone mind reminding what exactly Corrin's relationship to the royals? The hoshidans, the nohrians, Azura, etc. Can never remember if they are step-siblings, half-siblings, etc.

EDIT for the record, i've played these games before. Im replaying n the hopes of liking them

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Have you guys seen this?

It actually looks pretty cool. Pity Nintendo will likely take it down before it ever takes off. This is why we can't have nice things.
Seems pretty cool. Reminds me of Power Stone. Though I guess this actually a mod of Mario 64? Mario's movements match that more.

I would hope they'd add Mega Man and Sonic, aside the obvious characters from the first Smash. I know some people already made an N64 styled Mega Man model. (unless you just used Volnutt and resized his model.)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
View attachment 133278
World of Blazing
View attachment 133277

Rennac joins Chapter 14.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Alright speaking of FE. . .I have some questions for Fates since the FE thread is still not possible for me to post in.

Basically, I want to force myself to like this game so that when Warriors comes out, I can play it without grievances involving the roster.

For the record, i'll be playing on Hard Classic, until some arbitrary point where i'll drop to casual mode since I generally find that more fun.

Also, does someone mind reminding what exactly Corrin's relationship to the royals? The hoshidans, the nohrians, Azura, etc. Can never remember if they are step-siblings, half-siblings, etc.
When it comes to the story, best thing I can say is "turn your brain off". Personally, playing on Lunatic Classic made me forget it was there because I was restarting missions a lot. Birthright is pretty inoffensive until the end game, but it probably won't hold your interest. Conquest will just be kinda wild in how non-sensical it is.

As far as gameplay goes, everything I've heard from the fandom suggests that Fates is basically "Awakening but better with more but better balanced customisation options". So if you like Awakening there shouldn't be a problem there, and even FE veterans cite Conquest as one of the best games in the series from a gameplay standpoint. I still have not played Awakening though so I can't vouch for that claim on a personal level but this is what everyone tells me.

Also just build the characters you want to build, personally I find that one of the most fun aspects of the game. This is especially true in Birthright since you have grinding if you want. Revelations is basically a unit play ground so by all means, go nuts with it. Personally, the most fun I had with both Birthright and Conquest was building the characters I liked and finding out more about them in supports.

I will say that you generally should use the royals though, especially Ryoma and Takumi in Birthright, and Xander and Camilla in Conquest. Ryoma in particularly has become infamous as one of the most powerful characters in the series in terms of how he steam rolls a good chunk of his game, especially with a good pair-up bot (Berserker Rinkah in particular offers him insane stat boosts of they S-Support, IIRC). I also think Silas is a powerful unit and you get him in all routes.

Don't be like me and play Lunatic Classic or something if you really don't want to, I only do that because I'm weird. Play whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. People too often get caught up in what other people think of how they play these games and I think that's kinda dumb, so go with what suits you.

Hoshidan siblings = Birth family, same father, different mother
Nohrian siblings = Family that adopted you

King Garon (father of the Nohrian siblings) kidnapped Corrin as a child, and then locked him away in a tower like he's Rapunzel or something. His Nohrian siblings still visited him though and they love him. His Hoshidan siblings also love him though and have felt the pain of losing him all of their lives, Hinoka in particular who literally dedicated her life to getting strong enough to rescue him.

This is actually a lie though because when you S-Support Hinoka, you find out that you don't even have the same father. :^)

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

If you want to challenge yourself when playing Birthright, try to avoid relying on Ryoma unless it's an emergency. Ryoma is such an OP unit that he can solo the game, hence why I suggest using him only when you're desperate so that you can add some more challenge to your Birthright playthrough.

if you want to enjoy and learn more about the Fates characters before playing Warriors, it could be useful to read some support conversations. That's usually the best way to appreciate the characters more. I'm not sure which supports have you already unlocked or read for the Fates characters coming to Warriors, so I don't think I can come up with a list of supports to read at the moment.

As for Corrin's relationship to the royals, the Nohrian royals are his adoptive siblings, the Hoshidan royals are his birth siblings, and Azura is just a Nohrian royal who ended up in the Hoshidan royal family the same way Corrin ends up with the Nohrian royal family at the start of the game. That's how it's introduced, but the relationship Corrin has with some of the characters gets more... complicated than that.

Azura is revealed to be Corrin's cousin. Her mother Arete, who was Garon's second wife, is Mikoto's sister. Both Arete and Mikoto are from Valla and are part of their royal family, making Corrin and Azura Vallite royals in actuality.

It is also revealed in Revelation, and expanded on in the Hidden Truths DLC, that Anankos, the Dragon King of Valla and the true antagonist of Fates, is Corrin's father and Mikoto's first wife. Sumeragi, the previous Hoshidan King that is killed by Garon shortly before Corrin was kidnapped to Nohr, was Mikoto's second wife. The two married sometime after Mikoto escaped into Hoshido. This makes the Hoshidan royals Corrin's first set of "adoptive" siblings, so they aren't his true birth siblings (Ryoma, Takumi, Hinoka, and Sakura all had a different mother: Ikona).

Yep, Valla and Revelation pretty much ruined the whole deal about choosing between your birth family or your adopted family and the consequences associated with either path.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For BR:
-Ignore the two Samurais, just use Ryoma
-Ignore Setsuna, just use Takumi
-Don't bother with the Pegasus or Rinkah
-Saizo with Flame Shuriken is your only Mage
-Azura best dancer
-In case of fire, send Ryoma to the enemy lines
-Oboro is your only tank
-Silas is the only Cav in the route, use him well
-#ZolaDidNothingWronf
-Prepromotes are actually good
-Except Yukimura
-Get ready for asshole reinforcements
-Get ready to drop to Casual on the sewer map
-Enemy Phase: The Game

For CQ:
-Elise heal
-Effie strong
-Arthur crit
-Silas is the RNG's playtoy
-Odin sucks unless reclassed to Samurai
-Niles with Dual Yumi is a delete mage button
-Grind the hell out of Azura
-Capture Haitaka on Chapter 9 with Niles. Just do it.
-Don't bother with Beruka
-Reclass Camilla to Wyvern Lord after lesrning Savage Blow
-Lol selena lol
-lol laslow
-Peri is good fodder to slow down enemy units
-Though really, Bloodthirst+Sing=op pls nerf
-Benny is like a movable wall once he promotes
-Charlotte is a great Xander pair up bot
-Reclass Leo to Sorcerer for the love of god
-Keaton is a good boy, use him
-Xander aka the absolute madman
-Reclass to Lodestar from the free DLC for ultimate tank+dodge tank
-Case in point
WVW69jRFSAwN95-6Lm.jpg

-Spare Shura, Killer Bow and Staffbot are always good
-Get Niles a Shining Bow
-You never leave the Ninja **** Cave
-ZOLA DID NOTHING WRONG
-#ZolaIsTheTrueHero
-Get ready to be blown away
-Entrap the midboss from Chapter 26, makes things easier
-BETRAYAL

Hoshido siblings: not incest
Nohr siblings: not incest but Camilla is basically your mom, gross dude
Azura: cryptic ***** who is actually your cousin

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
OH WHAT THE ****ING HELL EA?!

They went and closed Visceral Games the ****heads. They were making the main Star Wars game I was looking forward to. Not to mention they were responsible for Dead Space. Well damn.

Last edited:
When it comes to the story, best thing I can say is "turn your brain off". Personally, playing on Lunatic Classic made me forget it was there because I was restarting missions a lot. Birthright is pretty inoffensive until the end game, but it probably won't hold your interest. Conquest will just be kinda wild in how non-sensical it is.

As far as gameplay goes, everything I've heard from the fandom suggests that Fates is basically "Awakening but better with more but better balanced customisation options". So if you like Awakening there shouldn't be a problem there, and even FE veterans cite Conquest as one of the best games in the series from a gameplay standpoint. I still have not played Awakening though so I can't vouch for that claim on a personal level but this is what everyone tells me.

Also just build the characters you want to build, personally I find that one of the most fun aspects of the game. This is especially true in Birthright since you have grinding if you want. Revelations is basically a unit play ground so by all means, go nuts with it. Personally, the most fun I had with both Birthright and Conquest was building the characters I liked and finding out more about them in supports.

I will say that you generally should use the royals though, especially Ryoma and Takumi in Birthright, and Xander and Camilla in Conquest. Ryoma in particularly has become infamous as one of the most powerful characters in the series in terms of how he steam rolls a good chunk of his game, especially with a good pair-up bot (Berserker Rinkah in particular offers him insane stat boosts of they S-Support, IIRC). I also think Silas is a powerful unit and you get him in all routes.

Don't be like me and play Lunatic Classic or something if you really don't want to, I only do that because I'm weird. Play whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. People too often get caught up in what other people think of how they play these games and I think that's kinda dumb, so go with what suits you.

Hoshidan siblings = Birth family, same father, different mother
Nohrian siblings = Family that adopted you

King Garon (father of the Nohrian siblings) kidnapped Corrin as a child, and then locked him away in a tower like he's Rapunzel or something. His Nohrian siblings still visited him though and they love him. His Hoshidan siblings also love him though and have felt the pain of losing him all of their lives, Hinoka in particular who literally dedicated her life to getting strong enough to rescue him.

This is actually a lie though because when you S-Support Hinoka, you find out that you don't even have the same father. :^)
Oops, forgot to mention i've played these games before. edited it into my post.

Was looking more tips and tricks style stuff that I may have missed or something. IDK, maybe some hidden stuff I may have missed. Something like that may explain why everyone loves the changes that Fates makes to gameplay, while I cant stand any of it. . .

EDIT ohhhh I should have edited earlier. RIP
Honestly, one of my least favorite levels in gaming
-Spare Shura, Killer Bow and Staffbot are always good
Who? Do you mean boots?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Was looking more tips and tricks style stuff that I may have missed or something. IDK, maybe some hidden stuff I may have missed. Something like that may explain why everyone loves the changes that Fates makes to gameplay, while I cant stand any of it. . .

In that case, you might want to elaborate on what specifically bothered you.

It might just be a matter of taste thing, after all.

D

Deleted member

Rennac joins Chapter 14.
It was a rhetorical question but thanks anyways

Get the Witch's Mark from one of Anna's Gifts, which are free DLC.
Ballisticians suck and Witches are broken.
For BR, give it to Felicia and in Conquest, give it to a female Corrin with a Mag boon.
Characters you should reclass naturally are: Camilla, Jakob 1, Leo and Odin.
Jakob becomes a great pseudo-Jagen if reclassed to GK or Paladin esrly on but that only works if you play with Fem Corrin

Do you have any of the paid DLC btw?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
-Don't bother with the Pegasus or Rinkah
This...

...is why you're saying this.

Hinoka makes this Chapter a lot easier since her Res is so good that you can just park her near the Dark Mage reinforcments spawn gate and they can't get out and they'll keep suiciding to her. Or just any Pegasus Knight in general since they should get good Res, Hinoka is naturally easy to do this with though.

483.jpg

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, A Distant Demon A Distant Demon
Since you have two routes, that means you have the path bonuses. Get that Dread Fighter seal on either Kaze or Odin
This...

...is why you're saying this.

Hinoka makes this Chapter a lot easier since her Res is so good that you can just park her near the Dark Mage reinforcments spawn gate and they can't get out and they'll keep suiciding to her. Or just any Pegasus Knight in general since they should get good Res, Hinoka is naturally easy to do this with though.

View attachment 133282
It's not the never-ending reinforcements the main problem but the ****ing hazard that deals 10 damage per turn that has, like, 8 tiles where you can avoid it and destroys your cover.

If I need Res, I'll just go for Saizo who can actually counter from range without penalties and doesn't get doubled :^)

Probably not going to reclass any of the royals. After all, if they are in Warriors as one class, I may as well use that class
Also, using every character that appears in Warriors. AKA I'm using every damn royal, and the spoilers.
In that case, you might want to elaborate on what specifically bothered you.
Well for BR it was everything lol. The new Pairup, dual attack,(these 2 especially I feel like im missing something) the maps, the characters (Oboro is literally the only BR character I had a positive opinion of in my first run) etc.
Do you have any of the paid DLC btw?

I don't have any of the DLC, and I don't think I'm going to bother. I don't really have any interest in Witches, and having someone as Marth would just be. . .weird.

Also, smashboards is glitching out sometimes when I backspace. Anyone else?

D

Deleted member

Probably not going to reclass any of the royals. After all, if they are in Warriors as one class, I may as well use that class
Also, using every character that appears in Warriors. AKA I'm using every damn royal, and the spoilers.

Well for BR it was everything lol. The new Pairup, dual attack,(these 2 especially I feel like im missing something) the maps, the characters (Oboro is literally the only BR character I had a positive opinion of in my first run) etc.

I don't have any of the DLC, and I don't think I'm going to bother. I don't really have any interest in Witches, and having someone as Marth would just be. . .weird.

Also, smashboards is glitching out sometimes when I backspace. Anyone else?
Unlike Awakening, Dual Attacks will always happen as long as the other unit is standing adjacent to the attacker. The Dual Attack also only deals half of its total damage and cannot double(unless using a Brave weapon).
Pairing units up will disable Dual Attacks and instead allow for Dual Guards. Every attack, either from your own unit or the opponent that involves the specific paired units will raise the Shield Gauge by 2. When fully charged, the next non-dual attack is completely negated. Dual Guard also always negates an opponent's own Dual Attacks.

One Witch's Mark is free though. Same for the Lodestar and Great Lord seals.

>Using every single royal
>Hinoka
Rip in arrows

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, A Distant Demon A Distant Demon
Since you have two routes, that means you have the path bonuses. Get that Dread Fighter seal on either Kaze or Odin

It's not the never-ending reinforcements the main problem but the ****ing hazard that deals 10 damage per turn that has, like, 8 tiles where you can avoid it and destroys your cover.

If I need Res, I'll just go for Saizo who can actually counter from range without penalties and doesn't get doubled :^)

I didn't find the hazard that much of an issue, even on Lunatic.

Your Hinoka must have been seriously screwed if she was getting doubled because mine is the one who doubles.

And being doubled doesn't matter when mages do literally 0 damage to you anyway and since you are blocking their exit, they can't attack you from a distance and are forced to get themselves killed on enemy phase.

If you don't like basically any of the game's core mechanics and only like one of the characters from your time with it, it's safe to say the game is not your cup of tea at that point, lol.

Just play Warriors anyway, it's not really spoilers if you don't care about Fates. Spoilers only matter if it's a game you will be interested in or know you are passionate about.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Holy **** Destructo Disk does a huge chunk of chip damage in DBFZ and Gohan's got one of the strongest attacks so in the game. Guess I might have to do more than Team Sabat if I get the game
You just gotta main Team 3 Star. I might try that out since I already plan on using Gohan and Vegeta as it is in my main team.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Taiko is just the word for that kind of drum.

And Rai means thunder, so my Pokemon fandom taught me.
Yeah, I already knew that.
One things that Raiko bothers me was she seems to be a cry baby... which is a kind of attitude that is a bit of a cliche for lolis in my opinion.
Rai is how you pronounce the kanji of thunder
That reminds me there's a Taiko Master game coming to Switch... is it going to have both playing with touch screen that I won't recommend, or use the Joy Con motion control? Or they will release a Taiko drum for the Switch?

And here are the things I found interesting.
I know VG chartz shouldn't be trusted, but it seems that Switch 6 month sales is better than 3DS DS, Xbox One, and obviously the Wii U, but still fairly lower than PS4 and Wii. Sure people will argue that DS starting to have a huge sales boom after the DS Lite launch.
Just know that the blue line is the Switch sales.
All in all I don't think 6 months really sets stone for anything since...
PS4 sells lower than 3DS... a bit
DS ,Wii sells over 100 million

But nevertheless, this chart can at least shut those people saying Switch is going to be the next Wii U.

But also notice the Switch sales line, most home consoles seems to have a significant sales drop in the 2 months period, whereas Switch is a very stable line that is even when it has stock shortages... I'm pretty sure Switch will sell even more if Nintendo didn't have those shortages.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah, I already knew that.
One things that Raiko bothers me was she seems to be a cry baby... which is a kind of attitude that is a bit of a cliche for lolis in my opinion.
Rai is how you pronounce the kanji of thunder
That reminds me there's a Taiko Master game coming to Switch... is it going to have both playing with touch screen that I won't recommend, or use the Joy Con motion control? Or they will release a Taiko drum for the Switch?

And here are the things I found interesting.
I know VG chartz shouldn't be trusted, but it seems that Switch 6 month sales is better than 3DS DS, Xbox One, and obviously the Wii U, but still fairly lower than PS4 and Wii. Sure people will argue that DS starting to have a huge sales boom after the DS Lite launch.
Just know that the blue line is the Switch sales.

All in all I don't think 6 months really sets stone for anything since...
PS4 sells lower than 3DS... a bit
DS ,Wii sells over 100 million

But nevertheless, this chart can at least shut those people saying Switch is going to be the next Wii U.

But also notice the Switch sales line, most home consoles seems to have a significant sales drop in the 2 months period, whereas Switch is a very stable line that is even when it has stock shortages... I'm pretty sure Switch will sell even more if Nintendo didn't have those shortages.
All this makes me very interested to see what the uptick will be with the dramatic increase in production paired with holiday sales.

I don't think they could just sit back and start pumping out massive numbers of Switches and actually have them all sell out unassisted even with the holidays, but they've been pushing pretty hard with advertising so far and we haven't seen what rabbit they're pulling out of the hat with their holiday push.

Just play Warriors anyway, it's not really spoilers if you don't care about Fates. Spoilers only matter if it's a game you will be interested in or know you are passionate about.
It's not about spoilers. I've played the games. Beat BR, and watched CQ when I just couldn't get myself to finish the game. The problem is that like half the roster is Fates characters. But if I don't like half the roster, I don't really want to play the game all about characters.

But I REALLY want to buy Warriors. The reviews have made it sound damn near perfect, and it's FE Warriors for Naga's sake. I've wanted this since I first played Awakening and someone told me of the idea. But I can't enjoy the damn game if the roster is from a game I hate!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Uhm, no, Walhart hadn't started his conquest yet. There's a 2-year timeskip between the Plegia arc and the Valm arc, there's no way Walhart, the one-man army, would take so long to take over Valm with his immense and hyped up army.

Cherche would also have been with Virion from the start, unless you want to tell me he went back to Valm to get just her to safety.

And I'm also pretty sure someone would have heard of what's going on in Valm in this 2-year period. The surprise Chrom and Chrompany have when hearing the situation meant to indicate it's relatively recent.

Virion's motivation for joining diring the Plegia arc is supposed to be wanting some ***** but he doesn't have some specific ***** he wants like, say, Jaffar so he could just try getting some that doesn't end up putting him in the middle of a war

Wrong, actually. The fact that he can reach his support with Panne PRIOR to the time skip confirms that Walhart had already conquered part of Valm at the very least before moving across the rest of the continent.

Chrom didn't go to war with Walhart because he took over Valm, he went to war because Valm launched warships toward Regna Ferox, Ylisse's closest ally nation. Virion mentions he went to Ylisse to seek aid, while Cherche stayed behind. It was only after the time skip, when Walhart grew too powerful and started going across the sea, that Cherche arrived to warn Flavia.

The timeline of it all goes something like this:

Pre-Awakening: Walhart starts taking over other Valmese nations surrounding Valm itself, and expands outward. Other nations, like Rosanne, grow worried. Virion plans to offer himself to Walhart to spare his people. His people like him too much and say they'd be willing to go to war over it. Virion launches his final gambit: he flees Rosanne, so that his people view him as a coward and someone not worth fighting for, making them more likely to surrender to Walhart rather than fight and die to him. He heads to Ylisse to recruit allies while Cherche stays behind to keep an eye on Walhart's progress.

Awakening, pre-timeskip: Virion finds Chrom's allies in their first skirmish against the Risen. Virion fights alongside them and starts sowing the necessary seeds for political gains. His supports with Frederick, which can be obtained pre-timeskip, outright confirm that he aims to make political allies.

During the timeskip: Virion, biding time, stays in Ylisse. He can't return to Rosanne lest his gambit be undermined, and he waits until he hears back from Cherche to make his next move, as Walhart did not, presumably, ravage Rosanne yet. Valm is a large continent, and Walhart didn't have ample reason to rush until Validar started ruling Plegia during the skip, as his whole motivation for conquest was to stop the rise of the Grimleal. It makes sense why it took so long. Add to that that Rosanne is decently far south (it's described as fertile, Cherche walked into Wyvern Valley from Rosanne as a child, Wyvern Valley is located in what would have been modern Zofia, and Zofia was a fertile nation, ergo Rosanne is in what was once Zofia). Eventually Walhart takes Rosanne and Cherche flees to Regna Ferox. Valm launches warships toward Regna Ferox's shores.

Post-Timeskip: Virion explains his story and reveals himself as the former Duke of Rosanne, a now fallen nation. He rejoins Chrom after helping to sway him to defeat Walhart. He has now secured aid.

The issue is that your proposed timeline doesn't match up with the game itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom