• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I guess I'll post about my metroidvania game idea a bit

It's called "Demon Bond".

It takes place sometime between 2006-2008(haven't decided yet). The story is about this 16 year old girl tentatively named Khyati.(her ethnicity is Indian) She's a cheerleader and a popular girl in her school. She's kinda a ***** to other students Too. One night walking home from school she gets dragged into a world full of demons that she finds out are trying to get to earth to take it over. She goes back to earth to get help and naturally nobody believes her(ruining her popularity at the same time). So she realizes that she's gotta do it alone.

She gets weapons like throwing knives, a whip and a glaive among others.
The name of the game(and eventual series is Demon Bond cause at a point in the game she can bond with certain demons to get their special traits like wall climbing and teleportation. You'd never get a double jump bond.

This is one series I've been reworking off and on for the last 15 years. Among 2 other series. This one used to be very similar to an RE game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've started RWBY.

Enjoying it so far.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I've started RWBY.

Enjoying it so far.
Looking volume 1, man the graphics really improve a lot.
At first RWBY graphics were pretty much a bit cheap MMD style, but recent volumes had more shading and better facial expressions, it really felt like what you will see from a professional 3D anime.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
At first RWBY graphics were pretty much a bit cheap MMD style, but recent volumes had more shading and better facial expressions, it really felt like what you will see from a professional 3D anime.
Also, background characters aren't black silhouettes anymore. That was the thing that bothered me the most in Volume 1. It looked like literally everyone was an unlockable character.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
My favorite improvement from Vol. 1 to now is the length of episodes. Remember how the episodes in Vol. 1 were short?

The video length began to gradually improve each next episode and season. By Vol. 4 they reached up to the standard 20 minute. Gotta give them props for that.

Random question...have we heard from Animal Crossing Mobile anymore recent than this?
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/...animal-crossing-mobile-will-launch-this-year/

It's the most recent one I can find. And it says the game is supposed to release this year. We have not heard a single thing about it.

My guess: either a delay or they meant fiscal year but made a mistake about somehow.

Seriously where the **** is this game. Nintendo will be rolling in bells the second they launch it, so why haven't we heard ****?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Random question...have we heard from Animal Crossing Mobile anymore recent than this?
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/23/nintendo-reconfirms-animal-crossing-mobile-will-launch-this-year/

It's the most recent one I can find. And it says the game is supposed to release this year. We have not heard a single thing about it.

My guess: either a delay or they meant fiscal year but made a mistake about somehow.

Seriously where the **** is this game. Nintendo will be rolling in bells the second they launch it, so why haven't we heard ****?
No this is it.

I'd said it before, but I'm positive they announced this to early. They probably thought AC swtich( let's be honest, this is why the mobile game isn't even announced) would be ready to show by now, but the project most like became more ambitious then it was and now they want to make sure it's truly ready to be shown.

That's probably why New Leaf got an update too, so they could hold off on the Switch game. Plus a lot of the team had Spaltoon 2 to work on as well.

I think by E3 we will see AC Switch and the mobile game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, Eclipsa already seems like a great character:

@Shishœ

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
User was warned for inappropriate content
EDIT: Tonight I've decided to apparently be a little more sadistic than normal. Why? Don't ask. There's no good answer to it.

Anyways, I am sorry about that.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Aurane said:
-removed

Man. I'd hate to be at their Thanksgiving dinner...

...yeah I'm gonna go to bed now.
holy ****ing **** bad time to stumble into this thread, go back to talking about fire emblem and waifus and anime plz O_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well...

That was....

Not pleasant.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
better to destroy your laptop than use Bing. never abandon your ideals, even in a crisis
Stop you are making me reminding the last time I hit my laptop because the Overwatch play was so laggy and Symmetra screwed me up... that cost me a drive... and of course most of the data... and my Chrome theme that has a Smash poster that I am still unable to find.
It was red of the left... and on the right was many compilations of Smash Bros character poster... hope falks can find it...
I never like Bing...
Remember the Wifi problem today? Yeah, I guess they were still repairing it....
Also, background characters aren't black silhouettes anymore. That was the thing that bothered me the most in Volume 1. It looked like literally everyone was an unlockable character.
Speaking of that... this first episode where they show the people in Mistral though they uses 2D artworks... it felt a bit odd but I was mostly ok with it.
My favorite improvement from Vol. 1 to now is the length of episodes. Remember how the episodes in Vol. 1 were short?

The video length began to gradually improve each next episode and season. By Vol. 4 they reached up to the standard 20 minute. Gotta give them props for that.
Even though I usually not a fan of standard length episodes when it comes to web series but yeah you are right. This also means they can make the story progress more faster and well constructed.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/...animal-crossing-mobile-will-launch-this-year/

I believe they more or less took the game back to some level of the drawing board because they found in its current state it wasn't an overly enjoyable or engaging experience. So yeah, basically a delay that comes with a substantial retooling. Not sure when I'd expect it at this point. Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't the next Nintendo app to release.

And I don't have a source for that claim, but if you searched I imagine you'd be able to find something to corroborate it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've been mulling over a simple creature design I had stuck in my head and I think I came up with something.

A lizard/amphibian looking pest creature with fleshy earlike things on it's head mutated and uplifted by a fire entity into what behaviorally amounts to a sapient cross between a house spirit and a cartoon mouse. Basically they take up residence in a home, either find themselves an oftentimes conspicuous living place or make themselves one, and then either harass or help the owner of the home according to how they're treated. Sometimes a wild one can be convinced to move in by finding one that's cold and drenched from a storm and warming it back into a better state. They'll try to decorate their nests like little mini people houses, and they're cute enough to have a lot of media presence.

Also they're completely fireproof and like lounging in lit fireplaces. They can also breathe a little bit of fire themselves, but it's not super impressive. It is fortunate that it's usually extremely hard to get them mad enough at their own house to try to burn it down, though.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I believe they more or less took the game back to some level of the drawing board because they found in its current state it wasn't an overly enjoyable or engaging experience. So yeah, basically a delay that comes with a substantial retooling. Not sure when I'd expect it at this point. Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't the next Nintendo app to release.

And I don't have a source for that claim, but if you searched I imagine you'd be able to find something to corroborate it.
It probably won't be.With this new round of beta tests coming, the Pokemon land game will probably be the next in line for mobile releases, and then I think some surprise franchise will get an app and then maybe AC.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know. That was by far the most disturbing link I've ever posted here. And it took my conscious this long to figure that out.

Like I can't sleep now.

Christ... Sorry guys.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I didn't know this was an official SEGA song. From a game that was never released

I heard it, appropriately, at a rave

Edit: Which I'm pretty sure played it as a joke

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Stop you are making me reminding the last time I hit my laptop because the Overwatch play was so laggy and Symmetra screwed me up... that cost me a drive... and of course most of the data... and my Chrome theme that has a Smash poster that I am still unable to find.
It was red of the left... and on the right was many compilations of Smash Bros character poster... hope falks can find it...
I never like Bing...
Remember the Wifi problem today? Yeah, I guess they were still repairing it....

Speaking of that... this first episode where they show the people in Mistral though they uses 2D artworks... it felt a bit odd but I was mostly ok with it.

Even though I usually not a fan of standard length episodes when it comes to web series but yeah you are right. This also means they can make the story progress more faster and well constructed.
I can't point you to any Chrome theme, but Firefox has one in it's database that's just a bunch of Smash Bros posters lined up that I used on my old computer. It's not identical to yours but it uses the posters.

I use a different browser than you but still like Smash Bros themes. . .

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Still messed up by the link above? Here's something to clean your mind:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It probably won't be.With this new round of beta tests coming, the Pokemon land game will probably be the next in line for mobile releases, and then I think some surprise franchise will get an app and then maybe AC.
Honestly I don't even have my finger on the pulse of Pokemon apps. Other than Go. Which I haven't even played for months at this point. Much like Nintendo, I don't count them in the upcoming lineup, lol.
But yeah, if you count those, AC def won't be next.

Also didn't they announce Zelda was coming to the app store or am I just reliving a fever dream?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of Go, data miners found information that Gen 3 pokemon may be releasing soon

The halloween event, in fact

Probably because Gen 1 and 2 only have 2 ghost evolution lines

Edit

Oh, well. There is more proof

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

KyuRanger has like 12 Rangers

I'm curious about this series when it comes to power Rangers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Arvis's GHB comes out tomorrow
He ****ing starts with Rising Flame charged I call hax
Those mages couldn't be in a worse starting position tho

Really not okay
Look at this map
IT'S NOT OKAY
No this is it.

I'd said it before, but I'm positive they announced this to early. They probably thought AC swtich( let's be honest, this is why the mobile game isn't even announced) would be ready to show by now, but the project most like became more ambitious then it was and now they want to make sure it's truly ready to be shown.

That's probably why New Leaf got an update too, so they could hold off on the Switch game. Plus a lot of the team had Spaltoon 2 to work on as well.

I think by E3 we will see AC Switch and the mobile game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, Eclipsa already seems like a great character:

@Shishœ
Eclipsa is a dork and I approve
I still want more Toffee tho

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

KyuRanger has like 12 Rangers

I'm curious about this series when it comes to power Rangers
12?. . .

Chinese Zodiac?

*looks closer*

Oh, Western Zodiac. That's rare.

Or at least it's constellation themed, anyway. . .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I didn't know this was an official SEGA song. From a game that was never released

I heard it, appropriately, at a rave

Edit: Which I'm pretty sure played it as a joke
It isn't from a cancelled Sonic game, it's from a collection of CDs from the 90's made by a bunch of musical artists from Germany. IIRC, that song was part of it's own single.

The wider album collection was called "Sonic Dance".

R-737992-1429599590-6845.jpeg.jpg

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I can't point you to any Chrome theme, but Firefox has one in it's database that's just a bunch of Smash Bros posters lined up that I used on my old computer. It's not identical to yours but it uses the posters.

I use a different browser than you but still like Smash Bros themes. . .
I was saying that the wallpaper that was used for my Chrome theme I can't find it anywhere... I remember I did save it on my laptop but the old drive was broken...
I know there are other cool Smash Bros wallpaper out there... But having that gone just feels bummed in my opinion.
Another Blade revealed for Xenoblade Chronicles 2...
We have a loli blade now and it's definitely not a trap...
Raiko having a hammer weapon that looks like Taiko... OK.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Arvis's GHB comes out tomorrow
He ****ing starts with Rising Flame charged I call hax
Those mages couldn't be in a worse starting position tho

Really not okay
Look at this map
IT'S NOT OKAY

Eclipsa is a dork and I approve
I still want more Toffee tho

Just from this, it doesn't look like a very difficult map at all. Looks like one of the easiest GHBs.

Dataminers have confirmed it will have reinforcements though, so that could change things. It's also likely only the Lunatic difficulty and not Infernal. It still looks very possible to 1-turn this on Player Phase if you have characters with Galeforce that have a kit focused on activating it quickly. Brave Roy could be really useful here.

I probably won't be able to 1-turn this myself but I know I can get rid of the mages easily. Arvis himself will be a cakewalk as I just need to get my Clair in on him.

Looks like there's a listing for Crash N. Sane Trilogy on the Switch.

Could be a mistake but it's interesting to note nonetheless.

cresh confirmed for smesh
Confirmed to be an error by the co-founder of Keymailer on the reddit thread where this rumour was originally posted on r/NintendoSwitch.

Hey guys,

Keymailer co-founder here. This was news to me when I saw this thread. I reached out to the management team and apparently this is, sadly, an error on our side. The game was incorrectly tagged when we imported the upcoming releases.

Apologies on behalf of the company for any disappointment on this, as a Switch owner and a fan of Crash Bandicoot, I would have been as excited to play this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ndicoot_n_sane_trilogy_is_listed_for/dohfu2y/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have you guys seen this?

It actually looks pretty cool. Pity Nintendo will likely take it down before it ever takes off. This is why we can't have nice things.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
v3.2 update of ARMS, which will include Badge Stash, replay list, and the mysterious Spring Man-like fighter, will be coming out in Japan tomorrow (no word on US and Europe but I'm betting tomorrow too)

D

Deleted member

Just from this, it doesn't look like a very difficult map at all. Looks like one of the easiest GHBs.

Dataminers have confirmed it will have reinforcements though, so that could change things. It's also likely only the Lunatic difficulty and not Infernal. It still looks very possible to 1-turn this on Player Phase if you have characters with Galeforce that have a kit focused on activating it quickly. Brave Roy could be really useful here.

I probably won't be able to 1-turn this myself but I know I can get rid of the mages easily. Arvis himself will be a cakewalk as I just need to get my Clair in on him.
Even with my 3/4 Green team it seems decent, though it depends on how many reinforcements there are.(Nino can most certainly ORKO the Blue Mage and BLyn can potentially do the same to the red one and then be Danced out of enemy range)
The only problem I can see to me are Arvis's Ploys which could potentially ruin my ORKOs and no one wants to get hit by Rising Flame as that's a certain KO.

And Infernal will probably change up the layout or add a ****ing Cavalier up north.

Have you guys seen this?

It actually looks pretty cool. Pity Nintendo will likely take it down before it ever takes off. This is why we can't have nice things.
It looks really cool tbh.
And yes, we can't have nice things, but not because Nintendo is some sort of Boogeyman but because people need to realise Patreons or any sort of funding is a big no-no for fan projects.
The reason SSF2 is still up is because there's no money involved.

This is gonna be taken down and it's going to be the creator's fault alone.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
http://nintendoeverything.com/a-few-details-about-fire-emblem-warriors-dlc/

Today’s North American launch trailer for Fire Emblem Warriors gives us a better idea as to what we can expect from the DLC. Koei Tecmo is planning three new playable characters, three new History scenarios, new weapons and costumes, and new support conversations for each pack.
The first Fire Emblem Warriors DLC pack, featuring Fire Emblem Fates, drops in December. The Shadow Dragon pack will be up next in February, followed by Fire Emblem Awakening in March.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I was saying that the wallpaper that was used for my Chrome theme I can't find it anywhere... I remember I did save it on my laptop but the old drive was broken...
I know there are other cool Smash Bros wallpaper out there... But having that gone just feels bummed in my opinion.
Another Blade revealed for Xenoblade Chronicles 2...
We have a loli blade now and it's definitely not a trap...
Raiko having a hammer weapon that looks like Taiko... OK.
She's my favourite one so far.

Still not gonna get it though.

http://nintendoeverything.com/a-few-details-about-fire-emblem-warriors-dlc/

Today’s North American launch trailer for Fire Emblem Warriors gives us a better idea as to what we can expect from the DLC. Koei Tecmo is planning three new playable characters, three new History scenarios, new weapons and costumes, and new support conversations for each pack.
The first Fire Emblem Warriors DLC pack, featuring Fire Emblem Fates, drops in December. The Shadow Dragon pack will be up next in February, followed by Fire Emblem Awakening in March.
Azura and Charlotte please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom