• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's been a bunch of times where Bruce Timm has drawn Marvel characters. But it's always cool to see since he's usually known for his DC work. I really like his Spider-Man stuff, though most Marvel Art he's drawn is Classic Avengers and X-Men.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The release dates for Mario + Rabbids : Kingdom Battle's Season Pass packs have been revealed

The new challenges pack is on October 17 (this Tuesday) and the story pack is January 16th, 2018 (I'm waiting for the story pack before I buy the Season Pass myself)

Speaking of M+R:KB, I'm finally up to the Phantom of the Bwahpera boss battle (but I need to go to bed now). Soon I'll fight The Great Might Poo 2.0!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
one of the pinned posts on r/sonicthehedgehog right now is a post about how sonic's schoolhouse is the best sonic game ever and i think we as memers have been consumed by the darkness that is memes

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Just heard about the Blazblue x RWBY x Persona game getting released for Switch.

When it comes to characters I'd want in, I'd want Blake, JNPR, Naoto, Platinum, and Kanji.

I don't think most of those characters will get in though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
one of the pinned posts on r/sonicthehedgehog right now is a post about how sonic's schoolhouse is the best sonic game ever and i think we as memers have been consumed by the darkness that is memes
Well you know what they say.

Gaze long enough into the dankness, and the dankness gazes back. For he who danks memes might find that they themselves have become one.

. . .Wait, uh-

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Heroes update is live and contains quite a few surprises in the data:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OrderOfHer...h_datamine_world_of_holy_war_october_15_2017/

Should make some people pretty happy.

'Arden

Follow-up Ring : Unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack when unit's HP ≥ 50% at start of combat. (Skill cannot be inherited.)'

I call bull****.

I have to say that Ayra's artwork is absolutely stunning and Arvis looks really good as well, Arden's creeps me out though.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just heard about the Blazblue x RWBY x Persona game getting released for Switch.

When it comes to characters I'd want in, I'd want Blake, JNPR, Naoto, Platinum, and Kanji.

I don't think most of those characters will get in though.
Don't forget Yang, if she is in this game she would be my main.

D

Deleted member

Well, it's been a while, huh?
Did anyone miss me? Probably not. Hell, does anyone even remember I exist aside from the 2 people that follow me on Twitter?
Anyway... I guess the reason I'm here is to let you know I'm still alive, in case anyone was wondering. I don't know if I'm fully back since my school year is gonna be full of pressure, but I'll try to say hi every once in a while.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got nostalgic for gen 4 so I started up my copy of Platinum to find I only had 2 badges and 5 pokemon total.

I dunno at what point I deleted my game...

But I guess that's convenient since I can just transfer those pokemon to heartgold and start a new game

Edit:

OMG Gen 4 was slow, even Platinum. I guess I just didn't mind when I was younger

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I decided just to start at the second badge instead of just resetting and I overleveled my pokemon, which were apparently traded.

Now he won't listen to me.

I forgot how annoying that was.

Edit:

I still haven't received ANYTHING from Mighty No 9 except a T-Shirt. Which is now only worth wearing ironically

Not even the friggin' game.

Was the version I selected cancelled?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know... I actually got my hands on a physical copy of Diamond during the summer. And for a decent price too.
...And I put it down before I battled Roark. Partially because I was in the middle of my FEA playthrough, but also because the game was so slooooow
Like, I played Platinum. And it was indeed slow, yes; but it didn't feel as slow as Diamond.
I let my friend borrow the game, but he isn't making a lot of progress himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know... I actually got my hands on a physical copy of Diamond during the summer. And for a decent price too.
...And I put it down before I battled Roark. Partially because I was in the middle of my FEA playthrough, but also because the game was so slooooow
Like, I played Platinum. And it was indeed slow, yes; but it didn't feel as slow as Diamond.
I let my friend borrow the game, but he isn't making a lot of progress himself.
Once I played Platinum even back in the day I couldn't go back to diamond and pearl.

Just wait until you have to surf in diamond. The surf speed is horrible

D

Deleted member

Once I played Platinum even back in the day I couldn't go back to diamond and pearl.

Just wait until you have to surf in diamond. The surf speed is horrible
I won't have to surf though.
I only have the game so that I'll be able to trade Pokemon from my flashcart (Platinum/HeartGold) into my legit W2 copy, since I can't transfer directly from the flashcart.
I let my friend borrow the game so that I won't have to ay the game myself to get to the Pal Park. Am I a terrible person?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG I just watched a video on what Mega Man Universe was SUPPOSED to be

I super regret we never got it

It was going to allow you to create your own mega man character using various parts and also had it's own level editor

It was a Mega Man Maker

It also had Bad Box Art Mega Man as an official character

Also interesting, It was called Mega Man, not Rock Man

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, what? I thought "World of Holy War" would be Ch.13, but it's just a Paralogue. Oh well, already done with it on all difficulties and did the three quests related to it.
Used my Free Summon and did a full summoning session
Nothing useful except a 4* Lon'qu and a 4* Caeda which means Hector finally gets Vantage 3 and I'll promote Caeda for Darting Blow 3

Also, @Warchamp7 the uploader seems to be on fire yet again

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I tried once again to get Minerva but barely got any green stones and didn't get her. I'll try again tomorrow since that banner ends tomorrow.

However, I realised that I also need Palla and her Goad Fliers for a Flier Emblem team and I had used all of the Pallas I had on SI or feathers, so I tapped a red at one point and...yep, 5-Star Palla! So at least I got that. If I can get Minerva tomorrow I'll be very satisfied. And hopefully there won't be any banners with stuff I want for a loooong while. I really wanted to start saving Orbs and to not have a reason to spend money after I got Nephenee for SI but then Takumi showed up and now Minerva one after the other. I need a break, IS. >. >

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lost nostalgia for gen 4

all my pokemon are traded and I need 4 badges to get them to obey but I only have 3 and the way there has trainers purposely blocking the path including a duo of elite trainers and my stupid empoleon prevo killed all my other pokemon with surf even though I told it to use ice beam so I tried to catch new pokemon but they are all super boring pokemon like geodude, staravia, and ponyta

Edit: Beat Maylene so they obey me now

But that was SUPER annoying, and really really close

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
DOOM comes out on November 10th for the Switch. Between that, Mario Odyssey, and Sonic Forces, there's a lot of Switch games that I want to play coming out in a two week span.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Question for those of you who are good regarding FE Fates Conquest Lunatic, Chapter 25 in particular:

I managed to break through the obnoxious ninja hall of death with no casualties. Seemingly, I just have to deal with Kagero and her three goons now. But I don't trust this game.

Are there reinforcements that appear when you go into Kagero's room? Will it get Saizo moving? Is the danger zone range being honest and the A.I will attack you when you enter the very tip of it, or does the A.I not react until you storm the room? I'm hoping I can place a beefy unit at the tip of the danger zone to bait the ninja with the Spy Shuriken against the wall, and then pick him off at a distance. And then maybe do the same with the Silver Shuriken guy. Just really don't want to mess this up to something stupid, since that hallway is a nightmare to get through and although I botched my original strategy anyway, Xander got a lucky crit and turned things around.

Corrin is fine, he's got the advantage against Ryoma and has 7 Vulneraries on him just in case. Only on Turn 14 too.

https://i.imgur.com/2mRyRitr.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind. I was paranoid.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

FEH spoilers
Arvis sucks, Valflame has a Res Ploy effect and he only has a Renewal 4 and Def Ploy as skills. rip in pieces horse slayer
Mfw Post-Puberty Fir and Arden Sacrifice are better

I think @Prince Alucard will like his artwork though

Also, Xander Mobus strikes again
Question for those of you who are good regarding FE Fates Conquest Lunatic, Chapter 25 in particular:

I managed to break through the obnoxious ninja hall of death with no casualties. Seemingly, I just have to deal with Kagero and her three goons now. But I don't trust this game.

Are there reinforcements that appear when you go into Kagero's room? Will it get Saizo moving? Is the danger zone range being honest and the A.I will attack you when you enter the very tip of it, or does the A.I not react until you storm the room? I'm hoping I can place a beefy unit at the tip of the danger zone to bait the ninja with the Spy Shuriken against the wall, and then pick him off at a distance. And then maybe do the same with the Silver Shuriken guy. Just really don't want to mess this up to something stupid, since that hallway is a nightmare to get through and although I botched my original strategy anyway, Xander got a lucky crit and turned things around.

Corrin is fine, he's got the advantage against Ryoma and has 7 Vulneraries on him just in case. Only on Turn 14 too.

https://i.imgur.com/2mRyRitr.jpg
There are absolutely no reinforcements on this chapter and neither of the midbosses will move.

Just be careful with the Lunge+Spy's Yumi combo as that can lead to someone getting put on Saizo's range and he can target both Def and Res with his weapons.

Pretty sure the AI in this map won't attack until at least two of them are in range as I remember that the paired up Swordmasters on the left side never rushed on me unless I got closer. HOWEVER, I do believe ranged enemies will attack you once in range, or at least the Lunge ones do.

If you somehow fail this attempt, just stack up Corrin with Rallies on the southern wall and have Ryoma patiently wait for his revenge until he attacks you and counter with ranged Tomes if your rank is high enough or just slowly chip him away on player phase if not.
This chapter is a nightmare on Lunatic so I did this with my Witch Corrin as I had no one who could survive that Hallway of Death(Benny is a pain to train up on Lunatic).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
A reason why Gen 4 remakes should of happened and not USUM. *grumble grumble*

Still hoping we get those.
The heck if I want the remakes of my childhood nostalgia on a system that's on it's way out the door. I can play Diamond on my 3DS if I want to.

Let them put it towards the quota for making the Switch the best system ever down the road. Give them time to practice with the full console experience so they get it perfect.

I don't understand why other DPP fans want the remake to be objectively worse just so they can get it faster. We just got a remake the game before this one, they're not going to pump out nothing but remakes. It's been three game releases current to various gens followed by a remake for every set of remakes so far and USUM and Gen 8 are already announced, once they both come out then it's probably time.

Sure it's a bit down the road, but it's way too inevitable to actually worry about. Concern is better invested towards other games, and not Smash/Animal Crossing/Metroid either. Preferably something with a bit of wiggle room and some complaints to fix, I'm pretty sure Nintendo has implied F-Zero is too perfect for them to actually feel like bothering with another title.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
FEH spoilers
Arvis sucks, Valflame has a Res Ploy effect and he only has a Renewal 4 and Def Ploy as skills. rip in pieces horse slayer
Mfw Post-Puberty Fir and Arden Sacrifice are better

I think @Prince Alucard will like his artwork though

Also, Xander Mobus strikes again

There are absolutely no reinforcements on this chapter and neither of the midbosses will move.

Just be careful with the Lunge+Spy's Yumi combo as that can lead to someone getting put on Saizo's range and he can target both Def and Res with his weapons.

Pretty sure the AI in this map won't attack until at least two of them are in range as I remember that the paired up Swordmasters on the left side never rushed on me unless I got closer. HOWEVER, I do believe ranged enemies will attack you once in range, or at least the Lunge ones do.

If you somehow fail this attempt, just stack up Corrin with Rallies on the southern wall and have Ryoma patiently wait for his revenge until he attacks you and counter with ranged Tomes if your rank is high enough or just slowly chip him away on player phase if not.
This chapter is a nightmare on Lunatic so I did this with my Witch Corrin as I had no one who could survive that Hallway of Death(Benny is a pain to train up on Lunatic).

All good, I just finished it.

Turns out Kagero's goons are dumb and the one with the Spy Shuriken goes for you as soon as you enter his range, and the Master of Arms follows to offer him support, and positions right against the wall too. Silas handled the ninja no problem using a Javelin, using Azura's sing to deal with it quicker too. Once you take out the Spy Shuriken Ninja, the Silver Shuriken Ninja goes to his previous position to attack you and the Master of Arms stays there to offer support. Then you just deal with them on the next player phase.

As you said, no reinforcements or funny tricks, so that's good. Piled everyone into Kagero's room and looted the chest (which was the only reason I bothered with this instead of just doing a 1v1 with Ryoma - Saizo's side doesn't really have anything so I didn't bother). Started by hitting her with Niles with Attack Support from Marth. A crit would have finished her but they just did regular hits, leaving her at less than half HP. She then proc'd Rend Heaven and my heart almost stopped, but she only dealt 36 damage and Niles had 37 HP. Then Camilla went in with Attack support from Niles and it was over.

Then I moved everyone back to the starting point while Corrin fought Ryoma. Moved Corrin to the bottom of the Arena and used Rally Defense since my luck was getting bad since I kept missing Ryoma. Eventually powered through anyway.

As for the hallway, I did that using Sing-Shelter strats.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
HOLY HELL! Marvel's trailers are so ****in good but I think this one has to be one of the best.

Ohh the movie looks so good and I have the upmost faith in Coogler to deliver the best Black Panther movie ever possible.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's been some time since I managed to pull a 5-star out of a banner, and today, I got lucky with this pull:

Link to image 1
Link to image 2

Have to link those images for now because the image uploader is on fire. Perhaps @Warchamp7 will fix it soon?

Yep, a 5-star Tailtiu. I personally wanted to pull Deirdre or Sigurd instead, but I guess Tailtiu will do for now. She has a +Atk -Spd IV, which is hit or miss in terms of her sweeping potential. I'll train her up and see how she does.

I also think I will raise that second Reinhardt and promote so that I can merge it with my current for even better stats.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Chapter 26 Lunatic Conquest is like when a dad who got mad at his son is trying to whip him with the belt with how punishing it is. Just, right from the get go.

I wish there was more Rescue staves. I was forced into using my last one in Chapter 24 because of bad RNG right at the end.

Also Ryoma's death made me feel things. Best bro. :(

D

Deleted member

I love how I always get the units everyone wants that I wasn't particulary interested(though that changed with Axezura).
Okay, I am down to 30 Orbs now but that effectivelly means I spent 60 Orbs until I got Sigurd.
I also got a bunch of feathers and two 4* Tharjas which meant I didn't have to promote Caeda for Darting Blow 3 and I have another to fodder if I ever need the skill again.
I also got a 3* Robin and he's the most drama queen ever, like, dude, you just 3*, stop with that intro.
Also, another 4* Seliph, lol

Now the question: do I pass Close Def 1-3 to someone or do I give them Miracle and either Close Def 2 or Spd Smoke 2? And which units would make good use of those skills?
I don't plan on using Sigurd but his skillset is hot.

Ivander

Smash Legend
MvC:I alt costumes are coming including Donte, Warbird, Dark Khan, High Noon Rider, Ridley, Joe Fixit and Illuminati Strange.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...le-on-october-17-in-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite

Nemesis actually looks quite good with that Mr. X/T-103 trench coat. At least it's much better than shirtless Nemesis. And that Ridley-looking outfit for Firebrand. Also, admittingly, that Dante costume looks decent and nice for those who are fine with the DmC Dante look.

Edit: Also, a look at the Draug evolutionary line.
https://i.redd.it/h35olozcz4sz.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom