• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We got two new Sonic Forces gameplay videos today.

The first is the "Space Port" stage, which is actually the Chemical Plant stage we were shown before. It's a Custom Hero stage and the player is using a Drill Wispon. Also has a quick-time event. The level design looks decent here, but I have to say I LOVE the look of the Drill Wispon. Easily the most versatile and interesting Wispon we've seen so far.

The second video depicts a boss fight between the Avatar and Infinite, but what it's actually showcasing is the "Rental Hero" feature that was alluded to in the PSN trophy list. Essentially, you can choose a friend's avatar and bring them into the stage, and can swap between your avatar and your friend's at will. This seems to be designed as a way to use two Wispons per stage, as well as allowing you to try out the unique abilities of the other species, besides the species your avatar is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I hate when I actually spend money on FE Heroes and don't get what I want. I never seem to get Green Orbs. That Minerva banner just hated me.

Did get another 4-Star Clair though and I had the feathers to promote her immediately soy Clair is even stronger now. Only 7 more to go.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I just realized.

I need Naoto Shirogane and Naoto Kurogane to fight in the BlazBlue Tag Battle game.

Please give this to us Arcsys!

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
She's my favourite one so far.

Still not gonna get it though.

Azura and Charlotte please!
i mean they heavily hinted at azura getting in....and niles and oboro are the only heroes in the game not playable....and niles has supports.....you get 1 is what im saying

the more interesting thing to wonder is who will be in the awakening and shadow dragon pack because its looking like the villains wont be included in the paid dlc

D

Deleted member

*beats Sacred Stone Paralogue in Chain Challenge*
"Oh thank go--"
*Brave Heroes is next*
Kill me now
i mean they heavily hinted at azura getting in....and niles and oboro are the only heroes in the game not playable....and niles has supports.....you get 1 is what im saying

the more interesting thing to wonder is who will be in the awakening and shadow dragon pack because its looking like the villains wont be included in the paid dlc
Making characters already in the game paid DLC would be suicide on Koei's part

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A guest character for Brawlout is being teased:
I want to say it's Juan from Guacamelee but there is already a luchador-themed character (Paco) but who knows?

Hope a release date isn't too far.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If it's only one character per DLC pack for a total of three, then that's extremely disappointing. Means we only get Azura for the Fates pack. Might turn me off getting the game within the near future entirely since I'm waiting to see the DLC content at this point.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly I don't even have my finger on the pulse of Pokemon apps. Other than Go. Which I haven't even played for months at this point. Much like Nintendo, I don't count them in the upcoming lineup, lol.
But yeah, if you count those, AC def won't be next.

Also didn't they announce Zelda was coming to the app store or am I just reliving a fever dream?
I think it was something there was light evidence for, but I don't think we have a full confirmation of it actually happening.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Owain and Navarre say hello as well.

Honestly, I think that Navarre, Owain, Niles, and Oboro will be free DLC like Cia, Wizro, and Volga were in Hyrule Warriors since they're already pretty much finished characters.

If it's only one character per DLC pack for a total of three, then that's extremely disappointing. Means we only get Azura for the Fates pack. Might turn me off getting the game within the near future entirely since I'm waiting to see the DLC content at this point.
It's been confirmed that we'll get 3 characters and 3 History maps for each DLC pack.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

If Tharja isn't in the Awakening dlc I'd be surprised.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Owain and Navarre say hello as well.

Honestly, I think that Navarre, Owain, Niles, and Oboro will be free DLC like Cia, Wizro, and Volga were in Hyrule Warriors since they're already pretty much finished characters.

It's been confirmed that we'll get 3 characters and 3 History maps for each DLC pack.
In that case I'll just keep waiting until they announce the Fates one.

Hoping it's not just Azura/Shigure/Kana. Azura is confirmed but hoping the other two are more interesting picks.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Hoping it's not just Azura/Shigure/Kana. Azura is confirmed but hoping the other two are more interesting picks.
While Shigure is possible due to being Azura's son and one of the main children who appears in both versions of Fates, if there are going to be any children characters from Fates in Warriors, it'll likely be 1 of the popular ones, being Foleo, Nina and Ophelia. I could potentially see Caeldori get in if she became an alternate costume for Cordelia. Rhajat and Asugi, not so much since Tharja and Gaius aren't in the base game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It will fail miserably because Kyuranger requires patience and Saban doesn't have any.
Seriously, only 6 of these have gotten major character development and the show's heading to it's final arc
Is that purple guy one of them because he looks kinda cool. I've wanted a purple ranger

12?. . .

Chinese Zodiac?

*looks closer*

Oh, Western Zodiac. That's rare.

Or at least it's constellation themed, anyway. . .
One of them is a chameleon, which I didn't know there was a chameleon constellation

Edit

Wow there is, and it looks JUST like a chameleon

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was saying that the wallpaper that was used for my Chrome theme I can't find it anywhere... I remember I did save it on my laptop but the old drive was broken...
I know there are other cool Smash Bros wallpaper out there... But having that gone just feels bummed in my opinion.
Another Blade revealed for Xenoblade Chronicles 2...
We have a loli blade now and it's definitely not a trap...
Raiko having a hammer weapon that looks like Taiko... OK.
Taiko is just the word for that kind of drum.

And Rai means thunder, so my Pokemon fandom taught me.

Her name is a pun. She's a thunder drum.

Like, I don't know Japanese at all but I picked up on those two words. I feel clever. :D

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

For Fates, I'd like to see maybe Azama, Kaze, or Midori.

For Awakening, I'd be interested in Nah, Walhart, or Kellam.

For SD, maybe Camus, Minerva, or Linde?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
for fates im 100% convinced its azura niles and oboro because team ninja has done this before
and the reason i said it was intresting for awakening and shadow dragon is ebcause they both have only one non villan character in the game being owain and navvare, now if i HAD to guess tharja will be one of the awakening dlc's because why wouldnt they?

and yes i fully expect team ninja to charge for completed characters because its something they do in warriors games, hyrule warriors is the exception not the rule(not to mention it took untill legends for any real villains to be dlcas opposed to the ocs made by team ninja)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
for fates im 100% convinced its azura niles and oboro because team ninja has done this before
and the reason i said it was intresting for awakening and shadow dragon is ebcause they both have only one non villan character in the game being owain and navvare, now if i HAD to guess tharja will be one of the awakening dlc's because why wouldnt they?

and yes i fully expect team ninja to charge for completed characters because its something they do in warriors games, hyrule warriors is the exception not the rule(not to mention it took untill legends for any real villains to be dlcas opposed to the ocs made by team ninja)
The villains part is because the main Zelda villains were in the base game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While Shigure is possible due to being Azura's son and one of the main children who appears in both versions of Fates, if there are going to be any children characters from Fates in Warriors, it'll likely be 1 of the popular ones, being Foleo, Nina and Ophelia. I could potentially see Caeldori get in if she became an alternate costume for Cordelia. Rhajat and Asugi, not so much since Tharja and Gaius aren't in the base game.
That would imply that they have the fandom's best interests in mind though, which they obviously have not so far. I have no reason to be optimistic given the choices so far (talking in terms of currently playable characters, Owain, Oboro, and Niles are more interesting choices but they're not playable yet...and the latter two could still very well be the Fates DLC pack characters alongside Azura). They seem to mostly be going with main characters or at least characters that are prominent enough to where everyone who plays these games even for a little while knows who they are, not necessarily beloved characters. Kana pretty much fits that bill, he/she is the avatar's child and does have a DLC story role in Fates IIRC (haven't gotten around to it myself though).

This isn't me saying what I want from it, it's just what I'm expecting them to do given how uninspired this game seems to be so far (outside of the gameplay, which actually does seem to be trying some interesting things, but that's not enough in this kind of game).

My purely optimistic and totally biased choices for the Fates pack would be Rinkah, Arthur, and Silas. All characters I have a fondness for and that's the main reason I want them, but I think they could all bring something really new to the table and it also serves as having one Birthright, one Conquest, and one shared character.

My "based on the fandom" picks would be more or less what you said. Also Felicia, Kaze, and Jakob, but I'm not sure if they would add a new weapon type through DLC.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm hoping that we'll get
Azura, Inigo, and Garon for Fates
Minerva, Camus, and Merric for SD
Tharja, Gaius, and Severa for Awakening

I kinda want to put in Gangrel for Awakening, but I don't want to take out Severa or Gaius. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
A guest character for Brawlout is being teased:
I want to say it's Juan from Guacamelee but there is already a luchador-themed character (Paco) but who knows?

Hope a release date isn't too far.
Hasn't "Chicken Dinner" been widely associated with Player Unknown's Battlegrounds recently? That would actually suck if the guest character was a generic PUBG soldier dude.

I wish that that the 4 you-know-whos would be free, but im doubting that. Fates pack is pretty mcuh already written out. . .
RIP the dream of Arthur
Hoping for a Knight. . .all I can really wish for at this point
Hasn't "Chicken Dinner" been widely associated with Player Unknown's Battlegrounds recently? That would actually suck if the guest character was a generic PUBG soldier dude.
Yeah, but that would also be weird as ****.

Plus that looks a hell of a lot like Guacamelee's chickens...of which Juan can turn into.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just hatched the pokemon I was looking for in one egg. Nature and ability

That's never happened before

If only it was shiny too

Edit: Also gender considering this pokemon has gender differences

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will never understand why people complain about gambling in FEH when Fire Emblem was always all about gambling
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_02.png

But nah, here the odds are in my favor, let's go for a 5*
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_04.png

Spoiler: all 3 attacks missed
Let's try again on EP
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_05.png

Can you guess who critted?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone in a Youtube comment said "I don't know which is worse, the FNAF community or Bendy community

I asked "Who the heck is Bendy"

Then clicked my subscription list to notice the first video there was about Bendy

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
hi

I heard Warriors talk

Just gonna throw it out there, three of the four NPC-only characters are clones, with Oboro having the only unique moveset (Owain = Ryouma, Zero = Takumi/Sakura/Anna, Navarre = Lyn). Considering that, I was expecting them to be free DLC when the english release dropped, but with 3 characters per pack it sounds more like you'll get a clone bundled in with your two other paid characters.

....and niles has supports.....
He does not. He has dialogue in the story, as do the other three.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I know nothing about PUGB, but the chicken in their Tweet greatly resembles the one from Guacamelee (and you can transform into a chicken in that game):

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The staff should re-skin the site as ArdenBoards for Halloween.

Guess what this moron just put back in their 3ds.

I hated this game, but here I am. I just want to like these characters before I get to Warriors ;_;
Shoot me in my stupid face.
Gonna wind up asking some questions about this in the Fire Emblem thread in a minute. RIP me

EDIT oh wait, I can't because im the most recent post. . .**** guess ill just ask here later?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
We got two new Sonic Forces gameplay videos today.

The first is the "Space Port" stage, which is actually the Chemical Plant stage we were shown before. It's a Custom Hero stage and the player is using a Drill Wispon. Also has a quick-time event. The level design looks decent here, but I have to say I LOVE the look of the Drill Wispon. Easily the most versatile and interesting Wispon we've seen so far.

The second video depicts a boss fight between the Avatar and Infinite, but what it's actually showcasing is the "Rental Hero" feature that was alluded to in the PSN trophy list. Essentially, you can choose a friend's avatar and bring them into the stage, and can swap between your avatar and your friend's at will. This seems to be designed as a way to use two Wispons per stage, as well as allowing you to try out the unique abilities of the other species, besides the species your avatar is.
I see what you did on that second video, SEGA. Bravo. Bravo.

D

Deleted member

Ah yes, Sacred Stones, just as I remember it
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_09.png

And this how you grind Trainees you crybabies
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_15.png

Now he's going to become a pirate
*Echoes Act 2 war flashbacks*
jk i actually like boat maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom