• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Overall 2017 has been essentially a nightmare for me. I've told this story to one of my closest friends on these boards but I feel like this is a decent enough time to post it here so here it is.
It was better. Was. Honestly it all started in February. I was working at McDonald's with my buddy, let's call him Z, he had been working there a month before me. Anyways the job was getting bad for both of us. We were excelling at our job but our superiors didn't care. They figured that we, the people making the food, were making all the mistakes. I tried to quit, put in my two week notice, they offered me a promotion and a raise to keep me on, I went ahead and applied for Olive Garden to try and get a job somewhere that when I excelled I'd be rewarded instead of punished, without me knowing my email to book an interview went to my spam, thinking they had denied me I had to stay on at McDonald's, they gave me the promotion and raise which made Z pretty upset at me. End of that chapter of hell I quit later on to help my mom and stepdad babysit my little brothers. That was going fine. My stepdad have me a credit card to use as payment. Then I was 5 minutes late to picking them up for school one day and my mom lit me up. Yelling at me and pitching a fit. Not fun. Well, this was around the time that I started trying to take my mind off things so I thought I'd treat myself a bit. My stepdad then got upset at me for spending too much money on the card. Wasn't even that much but he feels like it was too much. Didn't help anything in the slightest. Ended up going to Orlando with the love of my life as my gift to her for her graduation, call her L. Great distraction from all that was going on. Loved every second. Didn't last long. Got back and stress hit me like a ton of bricks. Tight on money, light on sleep, and scared to death to screw anything up. That lasted all summer. Nonstop. August came around and again the love of my life came with me and my family to the beach. Great time. But around the same time my college for film called me and told me that my state wouldn't allow me to start this semester. Kick in the teeth considering how excited I was for it and the fact that that would help keep my mind off of things. Well, I thought I'd focus on the one thing that made me happy. My girlfriend, L. The love of my life. Planned on getting a job, planned on saving up to buy a ring, planned on how to propose to her. She planned differently and, well, she had different plans. Dumped me on the sidewalk outside of the mall. Anyways, these past 3 or so weeks have been up and down with me missing her and loving her, and hating and blaming her. Started trying to do things to take my mind off that and that didn't work. Then my mom got mad and started yelling at me again which brought back all the memories of how I felt all summer, which I told her about and which she replied with "none of that is even bad", and throw that on top of the fact that my sister was also mad at me I just needed someone to talk to. So, I called my ex-girlfriend, L, she surprisingly answered and talked to me. It was helping a little bit while we talked. But then she told me that the dog that I got her a couple years back had gotten run over and killed a week prior. I loved that dog. She was great. That was the one thing that she missed that had anything to do with me. At least that's what she says. And now that's gone.

So, yeah. Hasn't been a great year. I haven't had a professional opinion yet but I'm pretty sure I'm going through depression. My interest in everything is just nonexistent. I'm always tired but can never sleep. I'm always sick to my stomach. And anything I do just makes me wish things would go back to the way they were. Or, in drastic cases like today, just wishing it would all end. I'm not in danger of harming myself because I would never ever do that. Don't have the ability. I have too many dreams. It's just those dreams feel farther away from me now than they ever have. The future doesn't look bright like it did a year ago. It's hard. I know that this will get better with time but time goes by slower when you're hating every second.
And on top of all that my baby, my Millie Millie, is gone.

That's a rather personal look into my life. So why am I telling you guys this? I'm not posting this looking for pity. I'm not posting this because I want you guys to know my pain. I'm not posting this for attention. I'm posting this because recently I have seen a lot, and I mean a lot, more suicidal thoughts/posts, attempted suicides, and outright suicides. Inside and outside of my personal life. I never let that thought cross my mind while I've went through what I've went through. And believe me, I've been through some ****. So for anyone, anywhere who are having those thoughts listen to me. It'll get better. Sometimes life will beat you into the dirt day after day after day with no bright days in sight. You may have to be a colder person. You may have to give up on something you thought you loved. Or you may have to let someone or something that you hold dearest to you go. But I KNOW things will get better. Yeah, this year ****ing sucks but I'm going to push on to the next and the next until I make it to that brighter day. If you're having those thoughts; feeling useless, feeling abused, feeling like you'd do anything to just make the pain end; just remember that no matter what you think, no matter what people say to you, no matter what people think of you, the world is better off WITH you.

Anyways, I need some sleep. I've had so very little these past few weeks. Goodnight guys. Love one another.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Overall 2017 has been essentially a nightmare for me. I've told this story to one of my closest friends on these boards but I feel like this is a decent enough time to post it here so here it is.

That's a rather personal look into my life. So why am I telling you guys this? I'm not posting this looking for pity. I'm not posting this because I want you guys to know my pain. I'm not posting this for attention. I'm posting this because recently I have seen a lot, and I mean a lot, more suicidal thoughts/posts, attempted suicides, and outright suicides. Inside and outside of my personal life. I never let that thought cross my mind while I've went through what I've went through. And believe me, I've been through some ****. So for anyone, anywhere who are having those thoughts listen to me. It'll get better. Sometimes life will beat you into the dirt day after day after day with no bright days in sight. You may have to be a colder person. You may have to give up on something you thought you loved. Or you may have to let someone or something that you hold dearest to you go. But I KNOW things will get better. Yeah, this year ****ing sucks but I'm going to push on to the next and the next until I make it to that brighter day. If you're having those thoughts; feeling useless, feeling abused, feeling like you'd do anything to just make the pain end; just remember that no matter what you think, no matter what people say to you, no matter what people think of you, the world is better off WITH you.

Anyways, I need some sleep. I've had so very little these past few weeks. Goodnight guys. Love one another.
You can talk to me if you wish.

Just... keep believing in the light at the end of the tunnel though. It's a powerful feeling that can keep you going through hard times.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think this medication gives me the side effects of photosensitivity and foggy mind

Or I just happen to get those symptoms at this time every day, a bit after I take the medication

Edit: I mean eye sensitivity to light, not skin

My eyes get sensitive to light at this time

"Photophobia I guess"

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think this medication gives me the side effects of photosensitivity and foggy mind

Or I just happen to get those symptoms at this time every day, a bit after I take the medication

Edit: I mean eye sensitivity to light, not skin

My eyes get sensitive to light at this time

"Photophobia I guess"
Its weird how that is called Photophobia when it has nothing to do with a fear

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This is a screencap of today's trailer.
This is a screencap of Moon's intro movie.

Guess my theory is nailing some stuff.
In this version the UB coming from the Wormhole at Aether Paradise is not a Nihilego, but a new UB. Lusamine is not evil due toxins, and Faba and/or another new squad of bad dudes take the antagonic place, corrupting Aether's personnel again. Lillie uses her second outfit from the beginning, and her and Gladion are on the run due the new villains wanting Type: Null and Cosmog. Lillie's development now is about her becoming a competent trainer.

Mohn still doesn't give a **** at Pelago and Guzma is the Champion.
Hopefully Ya Boi becomes the Champion, allowing me to ask people to hold my Ultra Phone.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Wow this is a lot. I certainly can say it isn't bad, but your message at the end is pretty great and really worth the read.

I've been in a similar boat with bad experiences in life, but I have sort of come to just pushing through. I mean there's things I definitely want to improve right now, but I am not unhappy. I'm just waiting for the right string of events to line up. Which hopefully can all start next semester at school.

Thanks for sharing, it takes a lot to do that. And I fully agree that things will always get better. Life's rough, but we as people can be rougher and make sure it doesn't get the best of us. I think that's one really good thing the world has in it still. When things get bad, we have come together and truly done good.

If you ever want to talk, feel free to send me a pm!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I guess he becomes a jerk, or a more competitive rival

Or he becomes champion

IDK what leak this is
It was some leak on 4 chan I think. From the trailers, It looks like hes still your friend but also matures to a competitive rival. Now the big question is, what made him serious. A person like that doent just change for no reason.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have a question, that old leak for ultra sun and moon, what did the leaker mean by Hau becomes like Blue?
Well unless he changes outfits, which seems unlikely, Hau is either Champion or maybe becomes a trial captain or E4 member.

Also that leak seems more and more likely.

The Lusamine scene in the Japanese trailer sells me as she really doesn't seem evil. I think these Ultra Rectons are showing up instead of Nihelago or the new UBS show up and Lusamine realizes her mistakes and tries to change them.

With no rain over PO Town, Team Skull seems unlikely to be evil too.

I guess he becomes a jerk, or a more competitive rival

Or he becomes champion

IDK what leak this is
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/325556228774166528/357684338026086400/20170913_154556.png

I'd embed it but there's swears. So far it's a pretty legit leak it seems.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well unless he changes outfits, which seems unlikely, Hau is either Champion or maybe becomes a trial captain or E4 member.

Also that leak seems more and more likely.

The Lusamine scene in the Japanese trailer sells me as she really doesn't seem evil. I think these Ultra Rectons are showing up instead of Nihelago or the new UBS show up and Lusamine realizes her mistakes and tries to change them.

With no rain over PO Town, Team Skull seems unlikely to be evil too.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/325556228774166528/357684338026086400/20170913_154556.png

I'd embed it but there's swears. So far it's a pretty legit leak it seems.
I hope that "New Alolan Forms" is true

But doesn't seem likely at this point

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This reminds me.

For one we can throw out using the pokedex to disprove new mons. As there's a third new Ultra Beast.

Which supposedly didn't fit the quota of the pokedex numbers.
At this point that light thing on the boxart I bet is a new Pokemon. It's going to be necrozma without armor but have a different name.

Also since those 4 new people are admins, there has to be a leader.

MY guess is there's two more ultra beasts. Each admin gets on and the leader gets Nihelago or a new UB.

As for why Hau changes, I think it's from seeing and fighting the UBS.

The Japanese trailers show Hau is still present when the portal opens at Aether, but he is also with Hala fighting the Wall and what looked to be Buzzwole's cutscene.

So that event has to happen earlier or later, which is a very big change. Aether is going to be completely different this time I feel.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just gimme srs Hau:

-Kukui: "Hau, the Ultra Beasts are invading the island!"
-Hau: "We'll be fine, Tapu Koko will protect us"

-Hala: "Hau, the Ultra Beasts are attacking the people!"
-Hau: "Moon will take care of it"

-Lillie: "Hau, the Ultra Beasts caused a small scratch to the left wall of the Malasada Shop!"
-Hau:
a53.jpg

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have we seen Mareep in the trailers?

It'd actually be cool to have alolan Ampharos

I know we've seen Magnemite so at least he's deconfirmed to have an Alolan form

And Mantine

WE should make a list of pokemon confirmed not to have alolan forms

Edit:

Using the English trailers alone

sudowoodo
Magnetmite
Mareep
Larvitar
Zorua
Houndoom
Manectric
Drifblim
Machamp
Drowzee
Litwick
Inkay
Mantine
Mienfoo
Pikachu
Metagross

Have no new Alolan form

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
All the talk about the new trailers and theories about what could be going on here, and I can't help but think one thing:

Wouldn't it have been better for some of this info to be what they announced at the PWT two months ago?

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As much as I want new alolan forms, I heavily doubt that we are getting some. New Pokémon? Even more.

But the thing is, GF has been very super shushed about this game until recently. It MAY be possible that they are bottling it all up.

But I doubt it.
We've already got 3 new pokemon. That part came true

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My dog died today. She had a growth on her spleen that we think was cancer. Either way it was do surgery on her and her suffer till she died, do nothing and she'd die in a few days, or put her to sleep. We did the latter. That was the best dog. Her name was Millie. I called her Millie Millie. She was the happiest dog I'd ever known. She was my baby...
Sorry to hear that, man. *hugs*

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

First of all, here's a hug

hugghost.gif

Then, you are so right about pushing on until things get brighter. I really wish I could print and frame your post just so I have that constant reminder.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

As someone who had depression for awhile because of real life stuff. I sincerily hope you will get better, like you said, it is very hard to live when everything keep getting worse and worse, but in the end, if you are able to keep on, everything will return to normal.

Also, the best thing a fanbase can do is help and support other members that are having a hard time. So you can be sure we won't let you down!

On that, I hope you the very best. Me and everyone here will do our best to support you until you get better. :)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I sweart to god if I have to kick my rabbit out of my room one more time, she is going to permanently lose access with sleeping in the same room as me. The little ***** thinks its cute to scratch at the bottom of the cage at mother****ing 2 in the god damn morning. I swear imma punch this little..
---
Have they confirmed what consoles that BB cross game is gonna be on yet?
---
either I have a bunch of people ignored or suddenly everyone went quiet

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I sweart to god if I have to kick my rabbit out of my room one more time, she is going to permanently lose access with sleeping in the same room as me. The little ***** thinks its cute to scratch at the bottom of the cage at mother****ing 2 in the god damn morning. I swear imma punch this little..
---
Have they confirmed what consoles that BB cross game is gonna be on yet?
---
either I have a bunch of people ignored or suddenly everyone went quiet
No, no don't worry, I noticed the sudden massive void in conversation too.

Hey what if every man on earth suddenly just up and disappeared.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
No, no don't worry, I noticed the sudden massive void in conversation too.

Hey what if every man on earth suddenly just up and disappeared.
On one hand I will finaly have silence in my house if everyone disappeared
On the other hand Id have no one to talk to and Ill get bored fast

Also NA Splatfest is on Friday the 13th
Have fun with your toliet paper, Europe

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
On one hand I will finaly have silence in my house if everyone disappeared
On the other hand Id have no one to talk to and Ill get bored fast

Also NA Splatfest is on Friday the 13th

Have fun with your toliet paper, Europe
I hadn't even noticed it was Friday the 13th.

That timing was completely aced, holy smokes.

D

Deleted member

Nice denial you got there, buddy. Does that river overflow annually?:029:
This might as well be the second worst* passive-aggressive reply I ever got tbh. Like, I'm not denying anything nor do I see where the river analogy goes in all of this
*The first being on GameFaqs so I guess it doesn't count

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom