• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Random question. If you all were trapped in a killing game, how long would it take you to start killing?
You've asked this before, so I'll answer the same way. I wouldn't kill.

It wouldn't work out for me.

Also, last time, you said you'd kill indiscriminately, but that would never work, assuming the killing game rules are they same as they are in DR.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Its just a word of choice. Didn't mean anything emotionally about it. I just feel that the texture is really bad.
Embrace it.

Embrace the landscaping.

Let the landscaping flow through you.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So with My Hero Academia season 2 has ended, I have watched another new Shonen anime called Black Clover

Man, it's title logo really reminds me of Seven Deadly Sins a bit... for the Chinese version at least.

It's kind of like Final Fantasy version of My Hero Academia...
Asta (Dude with gray hair on the left) is not only like Deku but also like Akko...
Can't use magic, an idiot... won't give up.
My only minor complain on episode 1 is that there was bit of a cliche in the end....

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Regarding FEW...

The more I hear the less interested in the game I am...if I'm being completely honest...

But seriously, I wouldn't have even noticed the floor textures had someone not pointed it out...it really isn't that big of a deal...

I mean I can't even remember how the floor looked in Hyrule Warriors but I honestly really couldn't give two ****s cuz they're goddamn floor textures...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You've asked this before, so I'll answer the same way. I wouldn't kill.

It wouldn't work out for me.

Also, last time, you said you'd kill indiscriminately, but that would never work, assuming the killing game rules are they same as they are in DR.
i asked that before? Damn, I didnt know that :substitute: But why wouldnt just killing indiscriminately would never work? They dont give a motive to kill a certain person, they just give a motive to escape tho.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not getting Fire Emblem Warriors but for that floor texture, I wouldn't care if it was a solid color or even some random family photo.

I'll be too busy beating the **** out of enemies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
i asked that before? Damn, I didnt know that :substitute: But why wouldnt just killing indiscriminately would never work? They dont give a motive to kill a certain person, they just give a motive to escape tho.
Well, I suppose "indiscriminately" is the wrong word.
The way you say it, you'd just go off and kill the moment it was confirmed you had to.

Assuming the rules are the same, there are several problems.
Killing more than two people would result in execution, and wouldn't work.
Killing without a plan would likely result in other people finding out.
You'd have to be careful of retaliation too, not get killed in defense.
There are some other problems I can think of, but this is the gist of it.

I'm sure you have reasons to believe that you would get away with it, or to even do it, but I don't think I'd understand them.

I have several reasons to not commit murder in that type of situation, such as not being intelligent enough to get away with it, or even strong enough to do it. However, my main reason is that I could never mentally handle killing someone. The trauma and guilt would be way too much for me to handle.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
You seem really hung up on those two specific screenshots when any other one would show it's not just "a mess"
Actually, I can just show you the trailer of the PS4 version announcement from this July and not some screenshots from the development stages from god knows how long ago

Those pictures were taken from Gamexplain most recent gameplay of it

Those other levels look better though.

I still have my doubts of the game since the creator made a mario fangame which he released on a forum and added a keylogger virus on it to blackmail moderators and users years ago. Doesn't sound like a good person to support.

D

Deleted member

Why are Video Game Journalist so smug about being bad at games now hahahaha
How do you reply to an anime?
I'm just imagining Dragon Ball or some **** coming up to this guy and saying "YOU HATE GAMEPLAY".
Love Dragon Ball, such an iconic character

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you reply to an anime?
I'm just imagining Dragon Ball or some **** coming up to this guy and saying "YOU HATE GAMEPLAY".
Love Dragon Ball, such an iconic character

it's probably a reference that a lot of twitter harassers have anime avatars

or at least, i assume.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

What could the context for this possibly be?
Probably something to do with an article asking for a "skip boss battle" button because AC: Origins has a discovery mode where you can just explore Ancient Egypt without really worrying about anything.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The whole Cuphead scenario has shown just how petty the gaming community can be.

It also showed how petty the gaming journalists can be.

Hint to journalists, if you want a controversy involving harassment to end.

Maybe don't attempt to troll or anger people.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The whole Cuphead scenario has shown just how petty the gaming community can be.

It also showed how petty the gaming journalists can be.

Hint to journalists, if you want a controversy involving harassment to end.

Maybe don't attempt to troll or anger people.
What happened with Cuphead? Did they say it was the Dark Souls of side scrolling shooters?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What happened with Cuphead? Did they say it was the Dark Souls of side scrolling shooters?
There was a video of a journalist playing Cuphead's tutorial.

He was really bad.

People complained he was really bad.

Led to a debate on whether you need to be good at video games to work in the industry.

Said debate led to a ****storm.

Said ****storm led to me losing faith in the community and journalists.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

He was really bad.

Led to a debate on whether you need to be good at video games to work in the industry.

I think I read about that... he couldn't do the air dash move, right? I think Game journalists should have some ability at gaming, that's why I've never went as one,

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Game journalists don't need to be the best gamers in the world.

However, they do need to have at least enough skill to get through the actual game.

If you can't even finish the damn thing, then your review would basically be based on an incomplete experience.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

He was really bad.

Honestly ignore pretty much any community now a days. They all get pretty bad at times and it's best to form your personal opinions and to try and not let people influence it.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

He was really bad.

I feel this has been brewing for a while with IGN rating Alien Isolation lower for being hard on hard mode and the infamous Polygon playing DOOM really, really badly.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I edited the post, My hand slipped and since I have touch screen it hit post.

My point is to ignore communities in that way as most get that way at one point or other, but to try and avoid it affecting your personal feelings.

So to answer your question no.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You, catching up with a series: "aww now I have to WAIT"
Me, an intellectual: "Time to dive into the conspiracy theories barrel: Dabi is Shouto's brother, everyone is a traitor, Kaminari did 9/11!"

I've been reading the MHA WMG page on TV Tropes and
The most common theories on the traitor are Kaminari and Hagakure. I can see why, reading them, but I still think it's Aoyama because I don't believe him being suspiciously missing during the USJ arc was just a gag

Oh man, so many Dabi theories
Dabi is way too young to be Deku's father lol
I was on the "Shouto's brother" simce he ****ing called him by name when Dab should not know it.
Also, yes, I'm calling him Dab(does anyone have fanart of him dabbing pls)

My favorite theory is that Bakugo's Hero Name will be Kacchan though

I disagree with the idea of Aoyama being the traitor. There were only two people not aware of the idea of going to save Bakugo after he was kidnapped, Hagakure and Jiro. If he were said traitor, he would've had plenty of time to tell the VA that a group of U.A students was probably going to show up on their doorstep; especially since the train ride to Kamino Ward was two hours long iirc.

I saw a theory on /r/BokuNoHeroAcademia that suggested that Shouji might be the traitor. The evidence was kind of mind-blowing, and only served to add more fuel to the fire amongst emerging theories of Nejire being the traitor.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
One time I accidentally ran into the first Goomba in SMB1.

Too difficult, I rate it a 1/10

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I think everyone who saw the character select screen expected him but still, he looks cool.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like today is a great day to be a Layton fan, because there's a whole bunch of exciting Layton news:

-First off, The Total Licensing Magazine has reported that A Professor Layton TV series is in development. It is set to be 26 episodes long and is slated for a 2018 release.

-Second of all, a new Layton game is coming next year, slated for a Summer 2018 release. There will also be a reboot to Inazuma Eleven Ares coming around that same time.

Tagging Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and @Curious Villager since you two will definitely like hearing this.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The rock texture thing in FE Warriors isn't a deal breaker in and of itself by any stretch, but it's the cherry on top of a game that has gotten more and more disappointing the more we learn about it. It's bad enough that they are using photorealistic textures in a game that's supposed to have an anime art style, but if they are going to do that, at least add a simple normal/bump map to your texture guys like seriously you don't even have to go all out, just apply the thing with the default settings and it already looks ten times better.

Like it doesn't effect gameplay in any way, but considering the high bar Hyrule Warriors set (which IMO is one of the best looking Nintendo games ever made) in every regard, FE Warriors has been a let down in almost every way.

I was initially really excited about FE Warriors because the IP had the potential to do so much with Warriors gameplay. Even some of the mechanics from FE have the potential to work well with Warriors mechanics. But they barely did any of that, and on top of this, the character roster is as boring as it could possibly be (and that's not bias - Ryoma, Takumi, Hinoka, Xander, Leo, and Elise are characters I quite like and I have no problem with them being in the game, but them being in the game isn't exciting because I fully expected them at the least based on their positions in Fates as the main characters aside from Corrin and Azura) and the graphics look like a step down from a game that came out last gen (at least from Nintendo's perspective).

Even the DLC is bloody boring already, like I loathe Azura as a character personally, but I wouldn't have taken issue with her being in this game. I get it, she's the face of Fates. She's one of the "boring, expected" picks, like Mario being in a Smash Bros game...

...which was why I was kinda hoping characters like her would be out of the way in the initial release. The fact that a character as boring and expected as Azura is taking up DLC resources and has to be paid for separately, is extremely telling of this game's quality, and where it's intentions lie. This wasn't made as a genuine love letter to fans, not even to fans of Awakening and Fates (speaking as a Fates fan myself), this was made to make a quick buck off of having "Fire Emblem" in the name.

Then you have the recent announcement that Ike and Roy are most likely not gonna be part of the DLC.

I want to re-iterate that. They are actively deciding to not include the two objectively proven most popular male characters in the entire goddamn franchise.

Oh but Lyn gets in because she can co-star with Camilla as the display model for their boob jiggle physics simulator haha please buy this game with your money.

Again, don't have an issue with Lyn being here, but by principle, she shouldn't be. They said not to expect characters outside of Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon. I can understand Lyn getting in since she's objectively the most popular female character but then why isn't Ike here, who literally won the Voting Gauntlet in Heroes?

See how literally everything bad or questionable about this game is not even a matter of taste thing? They could have made things better for the general fanbase with a few simple decisions, but they are just going out of their way to be as baffling and contradictory as possible.

And on top of this, they're already wanting to do a sequel. They don't put effort into the first game but expect you to buy it to fund the sequel they MIGHT put effort into.

If you had, one year ago, told me that a mobile gacha game spin-off of FE would legitimately be a love letter to FE fans and constantly listen to fan feedback and have really amazing presentation values for a mobile game despite Super Mario Run setting a terrible example for what Nintendo on mobile would be, and would be better in every way than a Warriors spin-off game that actually has a real strong premises to work off of, I would have told you that you are a liar. Not even that I disagree with you, I would have said you are a liar. Gacha games are more or less just a glorified business model, so any semblance of a good game in them is always marred by the business side of things. Right?

Well god damn, how things did a 180, eh?

TL;DR

FE Warriors: Costs €60, Wrys is a non-playable NPC, and has a terrible model that looks like the "tfw no gf" meme face.

FE Heroes: Free, Wrys is playable, portrayed with lovingly crafted artwork, has a cute little chibi sprite too, and he's in the rotation of Special Heroes Battle maps so you can get him guaranteed, don't even have to pull for him.

Make the correct choice guys.

Make the correct choice.

Also, A Hat In Time will save video games and bring world peace. Who needs Super Mario Odyssey when you got a heckin' cute hat girl and more interesting level design and snappier movement?

I mean I still want SMO but want and need are two different things.

Now I go back to being dead. r/fireemblem would probably delete my rant so I needed to dump it somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom