• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Btw, is the game's writing as bad as people on that thread are making it out to be?
Quite the opposite.

Hardcore Fire Emblem fans on r/FireEmblem are saying this game has the best supports FE's had in years.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The rock texture thing in FE Warriors isn't a deal breaker in and of itself by any stretch, but it's the cherry on top of a game that has gotten more and more disappointing the more we learn about it. It's bad enough that they are using photorealistic textures in a game that's supposed to have an anime art style, but if they are going to do that, at least add a simple normal/bump map to your texture guys like seriously you don't even have to go all out, just apply the thing with the default settings and it already looks ten times better.

Like it doesn't effect gameplay in any way, but considering the high bar Hyrule Warriors set (which IMO is one of the best looking Nintendo games ever made) in every regard, FE Warriors has been a let down in almost every way.

I was initially really excited about FE Warriors because the IP had the potential to do so much with Warriors gameplay. Even some of the mechanics from FE have the potential to work well with Warriors mechanics. But they barely did any of that, and on top of this, the character roster is as boring as it could possibly be (and that's not bias - Ryoma, Takumi, Hinoka, Xander, Leo, and Elise are characters I quite like and I have no problem with them being in the game, but them being in the game isn't exciting because I fully expected them at the least based on their positions in Fates as the main characters aside from Corrin and Azura) and the graphics look like a step down from a game that came out last gen (at least from Nintendo's perspective).

Even the DLC is bloody boring already, like I loathe Azura as a character personally, but I wouldn't have taken issue with her being in this game. I get it, she's the face of Fates. She's one of the "boring, expected" picks, like Mario being in a Smash Bros game...

...which was why I was kinda hoping characters like her would be out of the way in the initial release. The fact that a character as boring and expected as Azura is taking up DLC resources and has to be paid for separately, is extremely telling of this game's quality, and where it's intentions lie. This wasn't made as a genuine love letter to fans, not even to fans of Awakening and Fates (speaking as a Fates fan myself), this was made to make a quick buck off of having "Fire Emblem" in the name.

Then you have the recent announcement that Ike and Roy are most likely not gonna be part of the DLC.

I want to re-iterate that. They are actively deciding to not include the two objectively proven most popular male characters in the entire goddamn franchise.

Oh but Lyn gets in because she can co-star with Camilla as the display model for their boob jiggle physics simulator haha please buy this game with your money.

Again, don't have an issue with Lyn being here, but by principle, she shouldn't be. They said not to expect characters outside of Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon. I can understand Lyn getting in since she's objectively the most popular female character but then why isn't Ike here, who literally won the Voting Gauntlet in Heroes?

See how literally everything bad or questionable about this game is not even a matter of taste thing? They could have made things better for the general fanbase with a few simple decisions, but they are just going out of their way to be as baffling and contradictory as possible.

And on top of this, they're already wanting to do a sequel. They don't put effort into the first game but expect you to buy it to fund the sequel they MIGHT put effort into.

If you had, one year ago, told me that a mobile gacha game spin-off of FE would legitimately be a love letter to FE fans and constantly listen to fan feedback and have really amazing presentation values for a mobile game despite Super Mario Run setting a terrible example for what Nintendo on mobile would be, and would be better in every way than a Warriors spin-off game that actually has a real strong premises to work off of, I would have told you that you are a liar. Not even that I disagree with you, I would have said you are a liar. Gacha games are more or less just a glorified business model, so any semblance of a good game in them is always marred by the business side of things. Right?

Well god damn, how things did a 180, eh?

TL;DR

FE Warriors: Costs €60, Wrys is a non-playable NPC, and has a terrible model that looks like the "tfw no gf" meme face.

FE Heroes: Free, Wrys is playable, portrayed with lovingly crafted artwork, has a cute little chibi sprite too, and he's in the rotation of Special Heroes Battle maps so you can get him guaranteed, don't even have to pull for him.

Make the correct choice guys.

Make the correct choice.

Also, A Hat In Time will save video games and bring world peace. Who needs Super Mario Odyssey when you got a heckin' cute hat girl and more interesting level design and snappier movement?

I mean I still want SMO but want and need are two different things.

Now I go back to being dead. r/fireemblem would probably delete my rant so I needed to dump it somewhere.
Interesting level design? If when you say more interesting you're just saying bad but in a nicer when then I agree. If you're serious then **** that noise.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Atom is confirmed to be Ryan Choi, not Ray Palmer.

Physics prodigy Ryan Choi took on the mantle of the Atom when his mentor — and original Atom —Ray Palmer mysteriously disappeared. Now armed with quantum shrinking technology, Ryan will use the subatomic power of the quantum bio-belt to seek out his lost friend and further the fight for justice.
Pity it isn't Ray but eh. Character still looks like a lot of fun

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Guys
Wot if your legs didn't know they were legs Atom was in Fighter Pack 2 the whole time?

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Btw, is the game's writing as bad as people on that thread are making it out to be?
I'm not gonna say anything because I don't know anything and will remain to do so. But if that does become the case, don't be so surprised. Koei is doing a good job with the support conversations though, so props to them for that.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Looks like today is a great day to be a Layton fan, because there's a whole bunch of exciting Layton news:

-First off, The Total Licensing Magazine has reported that A Professor Layton TV series is in development. It is set to be 26 episodes long and is slated for a 2018 release.

-Second of all, a new Layton game is coming next year, slated for a Summer 2018 release. There will also be a reboot to Inazuma Eleven Ares coming around that same time.

Tagging Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and @Curious Villager since you two will definitely like hearing this.
I knew about the TV show but I didnt know about the new game :250:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Interesting level design? If when you say more interesting you're just saying bad but in a nicer when then I agree. If you're serious then **** that noise.
Other than New Donk City, which is how all of the SMO levels should be, the level design hasn't been very impressive at all really.

There's a lot of empty space. A lot of space where you just run along a blank plain of nothing to get to an area of interest.

Yooka-Laylee has this problem too and its the very reason I've just been leisurely playing the game occasionally and slowly progressing through it. Stuff like that has no place in a platformer. Yooka-Laylee is still a good game but it's got stuff holding it back and that empty space is one of them.

AHIT on the other hand, has had open, but dense and involved level design nearly every time I've seen it. In an open 3D platformer game, that's how it should be. There is no need or purpose for large empty space unlike a pure adventure game, unless you can move fast like Sonic or something. Which for the most part, SMO doesn't really have.

SMO just seems to have a lot of empty space but they sprinkle a key, linear platforming challenge or mini-game here and there where you get a Power Moon. Which to some extent, defeats the purpose of making a "sandbox" Mario game IMO. Might as well just play 3D World at that point and get my 3D platforming fix immediately.

It's like they wanted to make "Breath of the Wild but with Mario" and an actual platforming game at the same time but couldn't decide which so they decided to make Breath of the Wild but with Mario but instead of finding shrines and towers and Koroks, you find mini, linear platforming levels here and there and some Power Moons sometimes.

New Donk City is the only exception so far because it hits that sweetspot of being open ended but also being dense and having something to interact with at every corner. It's an actual open ended platforming sandbox with a lot of verticality, not an open field with some linear platforming towers here and there. Which is basically how EVERY level of AHIT seems to be designed and that's how it should be in this type of game. And since it's cheaper, it's the more enticing option right now. Odyssey still looks good and I want to get it down the line but I think it's being overhyped because "YOU CAN TAKE A PICTURE WITH A DOG WITH A TINY HAT AND ALSO MARIO HAS NIPPLES" and people haven't bothered to really look at the level design through a more critical lens. Said level design isn't awful or anything, but it's not as good as it could be especially when New Donk City serves as a gold standard for how all of the levels should be. I hope more of the levels are like New Donk City but we've seen a good few so far and none of them strike that level design excellence that New Donk City has shown so far, which I find a little concerning.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Other than New Donk City, which is how all of the SMO levels should be, the level design hasn't been very impressive at all really.

There's a lot of empty space. A lot of space where you just run along a blank plain of nothing to get to an area of interest.
  1. We haven't seen all kingdoms yet. I don't think we've even seen half of them, so basing your opinion on only a portion of the game seems unjusfitied.
  2. Even for the kingdoms we've seen, we clearly haven't seen everything we can do in them. I mean, if the Direct is anything to go by, Sand Kingdom alone has 69 moons. That's like, more than half your usual 3D Mario platformer in a single kingdom! That makes my previous point an even more valid one.
  3. Sand Kindgom's empty space is justified since it's, y'know, a desert.
  4. New Donk City is an actual metropolis. Of course it'll be crowded and dense. All the other kingdoms we've seen so far isn't in an urban setting (except maybe Cap Kingdom, but we have next to no gameplay footage of it) so obviously, it'll be more open because we have much more nature to look at.

Last edited:
We haven't seen all kingdoms yet. I don't think we've even seen half of them, so basing your opinion on only a portion of the game seems unjusfitied.
That means no one is allowed to form an opinion on anything then. After all, we haven't seen everything so we cant form an opinion on the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sand Kindgom is justified since it's, y'know, a desert.
Just because it's a desert doesn't mean it should be boring.
Running around blanks pace is boring. This is a videogame. Boring isnt fun. Accuracy over sake of enjoyment is just silly.

*Devil's Advocate.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Bruh, we totally need to mod shirtless Mario into Wii U Breath Of The Wild when Odyssey releases.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I made a WIP new transformation concept in my Pokémon game concept. Decided I wanted to share it.
What is an Ascension Form?

An Ascension Form is a special form for specific non-evolved Pokémon in which removes their ability to evolve, but drastically changes their powers and abilities. Firstly- all Ascension Forms have an equal base stat spread of 100 in all stats except one, which is at 75 instead, which is different per Pokémon. They also gain new abilities and types, as well as new moves.

It is obtained by taking Pokémon who have an Ascension Form to a special fountain in the game's mountain peak called, "Hero's Altar" or "Villian's Altar" depending on the version. The game's specific Legendary Pokémon, Protangel or Antangel, is required to be in the party in order for a Pokémon to obtain an Ascension Form. The Pokémon who is to transform must have met specific requirements as well. They must be level 50, have max friendship with you, and they must have an Ascension Form to change into.

Once these requirements are met, you are asked by your Legendary Pokémon if you wish to Ascend the Pokémon. Say yes, and a small cut scene occurs, showing the Pokémon transforming, and finally becoming Ascended. You are then complimented by the Legendary Pokémon of your bond and hard work.

The very first Ascended Pokémon you will obtain is either a Black Riolu Ascended or White Zorua Ascended, depending on the version of the game, who help you in the storyline- officially joining you only after you beat the Elite Four.

~~~
Pokémon Hero: Riolu
Level: 50
Moveset: Night Daze, Force Palm, Work Up, Helping Hand
--
Pokémon Villain: Zorua
Moveset: Aura Sphere, Night Slash, Work Up, Helping Hand
~~~

There's also a special Magikarp Ascended that you can fish up in the lake under the mountain after you beat the Elite Four. After being told by a worried woman that her son went to catch the "Greatest Magikarp" and hasn't returned, you can access a deeper level of Ascension Mountain- the same mountain the altar is.

When encountered, the Magikarp will pull the trainer in, and bring them to a cave under the water, where the fight is held. This Pokémon is mentioned by few fisher trainers in the region, praising it as a Legendary Pokémon. Once caught, you will find a Family Locket. Bring this and the Magikarp to the woman and her son will appear, praising the trainer as the greatest fisherman ever.

~~~
Pokémon: Magikarp
Item: Family Locket
Moveset: Agility, Hydro Pump, Hurricane, Protect
~~~

The final obtainable Ascended Pokémon outside of using the Altar is a Shiny Eevee Ascended, which is only encountered after you beat the Elite Four three times. This Eevee is found in Lamplight City (the biggest city of the games) fighting and defeating a trainer's Haxorus, Conkeldurr and Chesnaught.

When you approach, it will attack, forcing you to battle it. Once you beat it, the trainer will praise you as a very powerful trainer, then realize you're the Champion and praise you even more. Its then revealed it was only trying to protect three baby Eevee orphans hiding under a newspaper. The player trainer then takes them to the Pokémon Center as well as the Eevee Ascended. The nurse tells the trainer than the babies will be given new homes. Eevee Ascended, astounded by the trainer's kindness, joins them. The nurse tells the trainer that this Pokémon is Ascended, hence its power.
~~~
Pokémon: Eevee
Level: 80
Shiny: Yes
Move set: Extremespeed, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Surf
---
Below are some examples of Ascension Forms. Please note that I have no concept art, as this is still a very fresh woomy idea.

Name: Riolu
Type: Fighting/Dragon
Ability: Mega Launcher
Example Moves: Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse
Stat 75: HP
-
Name: Mareep
Type: Electric/Fairy
Ability: Dazzling
Example Moves: Moonblast, Calm Mind
Stat 75: Attack
-
Name: Ralts
Type: Fairy/Fighting
Ability: Download
Example Moves: Play Rough, Close Combat
Stat 75: Defense
-
Name: Eevee
Type: Normal
Ability: Perfect Adaptation: The user no longer has weaknesses.
Example Moves: Extremespeed, Weather Ball
Stat 75: Defense
-
Name: Dratini
Type: Dragon/Water
Ability: Misty Surge
Example Moves: Hydro Pump, Heal Bell
-
Name: Zorua
Type: Dark/Fairy
Ability: Super Luck
Example Moves: Moonblast, Focus Energy
-
Name: Flabébé
Type: Fairy/Grass
Ability: Fairy Aura
Example Moves: Quiver Dance, Healing Wish
-
Name: Magikarp
Type: Water
Ability: Drizzle
Example Moves: Hydro Pump, Hurricane
Is a WIP and the issue of balance isn't the question at the moment, so what you see is purely tentative.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Quite the opposite.

Hardcore Fire Emblem fans on r/FireEmblem are saying this game has the best supports FE's had in years.
Having read some of the supports I would agree that they're pretty strong, at least in terms of overall quality. I'll save going into detail for when the game comes out in the west, but it honestly surprised me how the writers portrayed the characters as it feels like they took the time to understand the background, ideals, and stories of each and every character in the game. Hell, one detail they brought up was obscure enough that I would've forgiven them for overlooking it. They've definitely one of the highlights of the game and if you're planning on getting Warriors you'll probably be happy with how your favorite characters are being portrayed in them.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Having read some of the supports I would agree that they're pretty strong, at least in terms of overall quality. I'll save going into detail for when the game comes out in the west, but it honestly surprised me how the writers portrayed the characters as it feels like they took the time to understand the background, ideals, and stories of each and every character in the game. Hell, one detail they brought up was obscure enough that I would've forgiven them for overlooking it. They've definitely one of the highlights of the game and if you're planning on getting Warriors you'll probably be happy with how your favorite characters are being portrayed in them.
So the writers are like

the polar opposite of the Happy Tree Friends guys that didn't even bother to do a wiki walk before writing Sonic?

That's great to know. I love when a writer clearly has respect for what they're doing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
  1. We haven't seen all kingdoms yet. I don't think we've even seen half of them, so basing your opinion on only a portion of the game seems unjusfitied.
  2. Even for the kingdoms we've seen, we clearly haven't seen everything we can do in them. I mean, if the Direct is anything to go by, Sand Kingdom alone has 69 moons. That's like, more than half your usual 3D Mario platformer in a single kingdom! That makes my previous point an even more valid one.
  3. Sand Kindgom is justified since it's, y'know, a desert.
  4. New Donk City is an actual metropolis. Of course it'll be crowded and dense. All the other kingdoms we've seen so far isn't in an urban setting (except maybe Cap Kingdom, but we have next to no gameplay footage of it) so obviously, it'll be more open because we have much more nature to look at.
You lost me as soon as you started with non-argument deflections such as "we haven't seen everything yet".

I made my awareness of that abundantly clear in my post. The entire reason Nintendo puts out trailers and gameplay footage is so people can form their impressions on the game, hopefully positive ones. As such, it doesn't excuse anything I see and have a criticism of. The fact only one of the levels so far has been especially great is enough reason for me to not have hopes the others will meet that standard. Same thing applies with Sonic Forces, which is in a similar boat for me but to a greater degree.

Also, Super Mario 64 had a desert level that was dense and interactive at every turn. So did Banjo-Kazooie. So did the various Spyro games. So that's no excuse.

The fact that Super Mario Odyssey has a literal fast travel system is just sort of affirming my worries. Open world games like Breath of the Wild and Skyrim have those because the characters in those games are intentionally designed to be kinda cumbersome and difficult to control beyond just making them walk. If you had to walk back and forth between areas every time you needed to go to an old area, it would get boring, since discovering a location in those games is usually only fun the first time. Therefore, fast travel is necessary to avoid overly repetitive tedium.

In a platformer though, the entire defining point of the game is how fun the characters are to control. It's what makes or breaks the game. Not that I think Odyssey Mario won't be fun to control, because I think he looks really fun to control, but the existence of an immersion breaking fast travel system in this game tells me that they know that much of their level design is open world adventure-esque empty space, and so they give you fast travel to skip it on revisits.

But the way a platformer SHOULD handle "fast travel" is by giving you a means to quickly get from place to place that's integrated into the mechanics. Super Mario 64 had the Wing Cap. Sunshine had the various FLUDD nozzles - Rocket for quick vertical travel and Turbo for horizontal travel. Spyro levels are cleverly designed with the glide mechanic in mind, so you can quickly get from place to place by finding a high vantage point and gliding closer to where you need to be. Not only do these things get you around quickly but they also serve to be fun game mechanics that integrate with your moveset.

Super Mario Odyssey, so far, seems to kinda drop the ball on that due to much its level design being empty, so it just gets a generic, immersion breaking fast travel feature instead.

It's not going to kill the game but I just wish it wasn't the case.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There's like upwards to 90 plus moons in New Donk City though right? I just remember them showing a **** ton of moons on a checklist in the last Direct. I think there's a whole lot to do in the game but they aren't trying to make every moon obvious. And if every world is like then I think there will be plenty to do. Not very great at judging level design and I haven't got my hands on the game personally to say if it actually is bad but what we have seen so far hasn't impressed me level design wise, scope though hell yeah. Then again Breath of the Wild looked incredibly dull and samey until the final trailer so it could be the same thing in Odyssey to a degree.

I'm hoping this game won't go the Banjo-Tooie route, what you're referring to ChikoLad ChikoLad , but if they do they have to do it just right.

Ivander

Smash Legend
My Hector is -Atk and he still wrecks house. He's still Hector, after all. Though +Def helps, I will say. 40 Def is nothing to sneeze at, unless you're Lukas or something.
I'm just pessimistic to -Atk in general and -Spd with fast characters. Especially I get a character that is either -Atk, +Spd or a fast character with +Atk, -Spd. I have a Seth with -Atk, +Spd and I have a Linde with +Atk, -Spd. So yeah, I'm a bit pessimistic.
Quite the opposite.

By what I've seen so far, they are pretty good.
Although that Cordelia/Camilla Support.....
:laugh: Like it's definitely not a bad support and a rather nice one, but the "ship tease"(or whatever more specific word I'm looking for) is strong with that one. Like that one sounds like the writers had a ball with and I'm very curious to know how the Voice actors worked with that one.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Really? Because the people in the twitter thread in the tweet allison allison posted are saying otherwise. For example:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Really? Because the people in the twitter thread in the tweet allison allison posted are saying otherwise. For example:

Fun fact.

Camilla/Cordelia is dummied out and not available at all.

Niles/Sakura is not in the game as of yet.

Celica/Xander is actually praised... Cause Xander not only solidifies his stance but calls Celica out for some odd writing on her part.

Ivander

Smash Legend

What the heck was wrong with the Niles/Sakura one? It was literally a reference to Sakura and Jakob's Support except with Niles. Even then it's not in. Celica/Xander is somewhat like Xander's Support with Elise in Fates, but it is an interesting perspective when you remember Nohr's situation that was only explained once in Birthright and never in any other version. And like I said, Cordelia and Camilla was not bad. It may not be as good as some of the others, but it definitely is not an abomination of awful.

Also, I absolutely love how he says, "and apparently". He calls it bad and he says "apparently"? If it's bad, why is the "apparently" needed? "Apparently" is used by people who are uncertain. And if they are uncertain, yet still have the balls to say something is "apparently" bad, they are full of it.
Fun fact.

Camilla/Cordelia is dummied out and not available at all.

Niles/Sakura is not in the game as of yet.

Celica/Xander is actually praised... Cause Xander not only solidifies his stance but calls Celica out for some odd writing on her part.
Oh, I didn't know that about the Camilla/Cordelia support. I can't say I'm exactly sad to see it not in, but the only reason I'm a "little bit sad" is just because of the missed opportunity to mess with people's ship sensors. :chuckle: Actually, I just like seeing people's minds being messed with in general.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Even then he only listed three.

Compared to... literally all the others.

Like you want Camilla to be called out on her ****? You got that.

You want references to FE7 that only true fans will notice? You got that.

You want completely platonic supports made for combinations they thought were interesting and unexplored in other games?

It's almost nothing but that.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I don't see what is bad about Celica/Xander as a support on its own, as a support that deals with the philosophies of both characters it's a good one because it showcases the flaws of the former and Xander makes good points for it. If the issue is that it's contradicted by his story self then that's an issue that's par the course with him since the same thing happened with his Fates supports vs. his story dialogue (hence why an uncommon joke is that they're two separate people) and yet it's generally agreed that the quality of those supports are still great. Even if that wasn't the case that still wouldn't drive the support to crap on its own.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
1. Dat ain't Hellboy
2. Atom looks great
3. Makes me sadder about no Ant-Man in MvC:I

Ant-man would have been an actually interesting character choice. But instead Winter Soldier and Black Widow are chosen, I don't know, unless I see something, I feel like they'd be pretty bland. If you had to pick another gun character, I think Punisher would make more sense since he has a show coming up. He's also done some crazy stuff in the comics that would be fun to translate. Like his van loaded with tons of guns. He ran over Wolverine with a steamroller one time too.

Though like most people, I just want some X-Men characters in at some point.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I love the fact that two of the three supports, out of the dozens in the game, that people complain about aren't even in the final version of the game. Talk about grasping at straws for something to whine about.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm actually curious to see what the reviews for Fire Emblem Warriors will look like. Warriors games rarely get good reviews. I won't be surprised when reviewers mention "holes" in the roster with the lack of Ike, Roy, Hector, etc. I'm guessing the game will hover around the 7/10 range. That's usually where these games fall and, yeah, that's about where Hyrule Warriors fell as well.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Broke: Fire Emblem Warrior has a terrible rock floor texture, not buying!
Woke: Not only did it take until release to notice this, not only do Warriors games slack on that as the focus is gameplay, but we don't know if this screenshot wws taken at 'better graphics over framerate' or 'better framerate over graphics' mode

Also wtf are you all doing, taking Crazya02 seriously? That guy's a **** posting machine, y'all played yourselves

And Fire Emblem Warriors can't have bad supports when Lyn/Celica breaks the forth wall about the blue arrow to lead your units

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
This may have been posted already, I dunno, I'm not reading all those pages since my last post.

Gameplay looks cool, though I feel they need to rework Ruby's voice, it's sorta annoying

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
, though I feel they need to rework Ruby's voice, it's sorta annoying
Now the Japanese will know how how us westerners feel when we listen to their high pitched female character noises.

Now we just need five different breathy gasps from Ruby and our revenge will be complete.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm actually curious to see what the reviews for Fire Emblem Warriors will look like. Warriors games rarely get good reviews. I won't be surprised when reviewers mention "holes" in the roster with the lack of Ike, Roy, Hector, etc. I'm guessing the game will hover around the 7/10 range. That's usually where these games fall and, yeah, that's about where Hyrule Warriors fell as well.
I'm expecting around that range too. Reviewers will most likely praise how the Warriors gameplay is a snug fit for the Fire Emblem Universe, decent to good-tier writing for story and supports, adjustable graphics settings ala Nioh, (so 60 or 30 frames whether you prefer fast gameplay or high quality graphics) and hopefully providing enough content for the game to feel like a worthwhile addition to one's Switch library.

That said, I think the fanbase will be a bit more merciless, especially in terms of the characters in the game. And knowing how broken the FE fanbase can be from time to time... Well, I'm just hoping that I can at least have fun with the game come launch day.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix I deleted the second embedded tweet from your post(and all replies were edited too). If you can find the original tweet and just link to it with a warning it has swearing, please do so. I tried to find it to edit it in, but I failed to find it. >.<

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This may have been posted already, I dunno, I'm not reading all those pages since my last post.

Gameplay looks cool, though I feel they need to rework Ruby's voice, it's sorta annoying
Yeah, RWBY was made when Rooster Teeth were still relatively small iirc, so they didn't have any big name VAs until the show's popularity skyrocketed, so I'm not gonna defend that, especially with Ruby's high pitched voice. Now wait till Qrow gets in, cause his VA did Edward Elric
Now the Japanese will know how how us westerners feel when we listen to their high pitched female character noises.

Now we just need five different breathy gasps from Ruby and our revenge will be complete.
The funny thing is RWBY was popular enough to get a dub in Japan, in which they at least used professional VAs. I still remember how Yang's VA yells "ORAORAORAORAORA" while being voiced by Ryuko Matoi's VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom