• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A Hat in Time looked like GC Wind Waker when I saw it years ago, so I'd say it's pretty damn pretty

Never learned much about the game but it looked fun

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
A Hat in Time looked like GC Wind Waker when I saw it years ago, so I'd say it's pretty damn pretty

Never learned much about the game but it looked fun

Might want to look again

You will never see anything clash this badly in Wind Waker
There's like 50 different things going on in this picture. There's not even color scheme or a theme to it its just a mess.

D

Deleted member

Might want to look again

You will never see anything clash this badly in Wind Waker
There's like 50 different things going on in this picture. There's not even color scheme or a theme to it its just a mess.
It... still looks like GC WW? Like, how much stuff is on the screen isn't related to the artstyle
The shading and colors are all WW-like

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
There was a problem fetching the tweet
so uh, this is the game everyone in this thread is hyped about huh

godspeed

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Chemical Plant was revealed for Sonic Forces (with a Gurren Lagann reference thrown in)

Not really sure how to feel tbh. It looks different enough but we just saw it in Mania...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

godspeed
I don't see texture work as having any influence on the actual quality of gameplay and I'm certainly not buying a game like this for how pretty the stages look.

That said whoever picked this texture and whoever OK'd it should probably both get reprimands. That's literally the border around someone's house.

D

Deleted member

"I just have 12 Orbs, not like it matters if I save them up or not so I'll spend them on the Threaten Spd banner."
"Oh hey, a Green orb, geez I wonder what I'll ge--"
Screenshot_20171003-184929.png

wHAT THE ****KKK!?!???!?!
aAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaAgdnzkaldnsjcpcnakalVfosbdbzoj

HOLY ****ING **** I'M SO HAPPY I FINALLY GOT MY MAN

Now I just have to wait 3000 years so Joshua gets a banner
Sidenote: can anyone tell me his Nature? I don't really care but I want to know if I got "lucky but not quite" or if Lady Luck just outright decided to stop kicking my ass

Only right way to play FEH is by having 3 Green units and a Bow user fite me

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

godspeed
Because my number one concern in a warriors game is the texture of the area I'm fighting on and not the horde of grunts I'm hacking and slashing through.

The texture absolutely should be better but the only people making a big deal about it are just looking for reasons to **** on the game.

Ivander

Smash Legend
"I just have 12 Orbs, not like it matters if I save them up or not so I'll spend them on the Threaten Spd banner."
"Oh hey, a Green orb, geez I wonder what I'll ge--"
View attachment 133011
wHAT THE ****KKK!?!???!?!
aAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaAgdnzkaldnsjcpcnakalVfosbdbzoj

HOLY ****ING **** I'M SO HAPPY I FINALLY GOT MY MAN

Now I just have to wait 3000 years so Joshua gets a banner
Sidenote: can anyone tell me his Nature? I don't really care but I want to know if I got "lucky but not quite" or if Lady Luck just outright decided to stop kicking my ***

Only right way to play FEH is by having 3 Green units and a Bow user fite me

By the looks of it, Res+, Def-. Not a bad Nature. At least, it's not -Atk.

godspeed
You have to be one heck of a nerd if you think that's dealbreaking. It's still stupid and it should be better, but really, who the heck cares about the texture of the ground/floor in a Hack&Slash video game? Unless you're a Floormaster.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
It... still looks like GC WW? Like, how much stuff is on the screen isn't related to the artstyle
The shading and colors are all WW-like

"The shading and colors are all WW-like"
lol

-no understanding of theme to level
-no primary color
-no secondary color
-everything clashes (why is there a gold statue? its not a big golden statue, so it doesn't feel like an important centerpiece, and its in a location you can hardly see, why is it in a port? is this a town? graffiti necessary? again, You cant even see them thanks to the clashing color) so messy
-models look like they came from a watered down ps2 game

its such a simple philosophy for these kinds of games, have basic overarching colours so its easy to navigate. You dont just throw stuff together when making a level.

Now lets look at WW:

- very nice and clear color scheme, nothing clashes
- I can understand simply what setting im in
- 3D cellshaded model that looks 2D thanks to fantastic visuals

I can go on with Sunshine as well if you want.
Just know that the creator of Hat in Time, has a very infamous past in a old Mario fangame community (MFGG).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finally got my Halloween avatar, and it's a classic one to boot.

And it's also been a while since I've done something Wario or Waluigi themed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"The shading and colors are all WW-like"
lol

-no understanding of theme to level
-no primary color
-no secondary color
-everything clashes (why is there a gold statue? its not a big golden statue, so it doesn't feel like an important centerpiece, and its in a location you can hardly see, why is it in a port? is this a town? graffiti necessary? again, You cant even see them thanks to the clashing color) so messy
-models look like they came from a watered down ps2 game

its such a simple philosophy for these kinds of games, have basic overarching colours so its easy to navigate. You dont just throw stuff together when making a level.

Now lets look at WW:

- very nice and clear color scheme, nothing clashes
- I can understand simply what setting im in
- 3D cellshaded model that looks 2D thanks to fantastic visuals

I can go on with Sunshine as well if you want.
Just know that the creator of Hat in Time, has a very infamous past in a old Mario fangame community (MFGG).
You seem really hung up on those two specific screenshots when any other one would show it's not just "a mess"
Actually, I can just show you the trailer of the PS4 version announcement from this July and not some screenshots from the development stages from god knows how long ago
Random question. If you all were trapped in a killing game, how long would it take you to start killing?
I'm guessing this was brought up due to DR so going by the rules of the forst one(which is the only one I have any knowledge on), I'd probably just say **** it and try to live inside the school or prepare an actual well-thought murder and by that time, at keast two idiots would have tried to and failed to get away with their own, so about three days, I'd say.
If I'm not one of the first victims, that is. Remember to always walk in groups of three or more

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Possibly never

They gave PR saying it wasn't in development, and only got a switch devkit last week. Maybe the week before.

Even if it does happen, it is a long ways away.
I guess we will just have to wait and see, or they might start up the fund for Switch port sometime in the future.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Work to defend yourself first and foremost.

If killing becomes the only way to survive and the others are equally matched and willing, kill.

If the others cannot hurt you or have no desire to and you are sure about that, cooperate.

If it's nothing but you and your allies, make amends and come to a conclusion about who to kill together.

Hat in Time looks fine when you remember it's a goddamn crowdfunded indie game, and not a game with all of the backing a major publisher.

Hope people like it. I've been waiting for it since 2013 or something, and ill keep waiting for a miracle switch port but hopefully others will enjoy that classic 3d platforming goodness

D

Deleted member

Work to defend yourself first and foremost.

If killing becomes the only way to survive and the others are equally matched and willing, kill.

If the others cannot hurt you or have no desire to and you are sure about that, cooperate.

If it's nothing but you and your allies, make amends and come to a conclusion about who to kill together.
Swamp, I hope you realise the guy who wants everyone to be in peace is the first or second one to go, usually after he leaves it pretty clear he doesn't want anyone to get killed.
Now, it isn't safe here, but I am on your side so follow me into this dark corner. Don't bring anyone else, can't trust then after all!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm guessing this was brought up due to DR so going by the rules of the forst one(which is the only one I have any knowledge on), I'd probably just say **** it and try to live inside the school or prepare an actual well-thought murder and by that time, at keast two idiots would have tried to and failed to get away with their own, so about three days, I'd say.
If I'm not one of the first victims, that is. Remember to always walk in groups of three or more
I would of started killing people right as I hear the words "Killing game"

Once those words are muttered, Id go wild

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Chemical Plant was revealed for Sonic Forces (with a Gurren Lagann reference thrown in)

Not really sure how to feel tbh. It looks different enough but we just saw it in Mania...
Not gonna lie, I would have never thought this was Chemical Plant unless I was told.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Defend it all you want- this is really pathetic.
I'm not gonna defend it, I just feel like pathetic is way too invested of an emotion for freaking floor textures.

It's hilarious is what it is. I can't even be mad at someone using a picture of their lawn decor for this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swamp, I hope you realise the guy who wants everyone to be in peace is the first or second one to go, usually after he leaves it pretty clear he doesn't want anyone to get killed.
Now, it isn't safe here, but I am on your side so follow me into this dark corner. Don't bring anyone else, can't trust then after all!

That's why I said if you're sure.

There will be backstabbers sure, but the potential benefit of finding actual allies is too great to overlook.

I didn't say everyone was in the group after all. You need a small group that you trust and/or can't hurt you instead of going for peace with everyone. In this sort of situation it's too risky to simply trust everyone.

You just need to find a balance of pragmatism, social science and morality.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A Hat in Time looks a little half-baked to me. But I hope it's successful, I'd like to see more games of its type out there.

It also reminds me that the protagonist was the last character to be Smashified... like half a year ago. What gives Smashified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom