• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Nah, Azama was just high as **** and thought of some dank writing material which was a self insert fanfic. The publishers changed the story a bit
I doubt publishers existed back when how many godforsaken years Fates happens chronologically before Awakening
What are you even talking about?
Fates's free DLC map Before Awakening. Corrin says his/her group is from Nohr and Hoshido, Chrom mentions reading about the "mythical kingdoms" before cutting off to deal with more important business*
I personally think the best part is how Chrom just accepts it like "oh cool, my waifu is actually real" because if you tell me Chrom didn't waifu one of them as a kid then you're a ****ing liar

*Killing the ****ing invisible zombies

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I doubt publishers existed back when how many godforsaken years Fates happens chronologically before Awakening

Fates's free DLC map Before Awakening. Corrin says his/her group is from Nohr and Hoshido, Chrom mentions reading about the "mythical kingdoms" before cutting off to deal with more important business*
I personally think the best part is how Chrom just accepts it like "oh cool, my waifu is actually real" because if you tell me Chrom didn't waifu one of them as a kid then you're a ****ing liar

No but what does that have to do with Azama.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Only Azama could be high as **** to write that

This leads to an important question.
Who did Chrom waifu? My guess is he's a supporter of 'loyalty'

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nothing. We're basically joking about how Azama is both a jerk and a troll and how it's totally realistic to believe he would travel to some different continent and give his life story as a storybook rather than a history novel just to muck with the people.
Only Azama could be high as **** to write that

This leads to an important question.
Who did Chrom waifu? My guess is he's a supporter of 'loyalty'
Obviously, Caeldori after they met each other. I mean, Caeldori obviously waifu-ed him after they met.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was playing Extella and I finished Rider's story

11/10 best ending and I'm not even talking about glasses Medusa, I'm talking about worst girl being sealed away and getting cucked by mother****ing Medusa.
Thank you, Nasu, you and your NTR fetish
Really though, you can tell what Nasu's fetishes are just by playing or watching anything Fate

Ivander

Smash Legend
Was playing Extella and I finished Rider's story

11/10 best ending and I'm not even talking about glasses Medusa, I'm talking about worst girl being sealed away and getting cucked by mother****ing Medusa.
Really though, you can tell what Nasu's fetishes are just by playing or watching anything Fate

By what I heard, it was mostly done by Hikaru Sakurai. And yeah, Tamomo is the buttmonkey of Fate/Extella compared to Extra and Extra CCC where her characterisation is much better. Although how will you react when you learn that out of Nero, Tamomo and Altera, only Tamomo gets a good end, besides True End.

Also, Fate/Zero is Gen Urobuchi fetish.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Forget her, I like her tiger
Don't forget that you can even ride on that tiger.
It makes you wonder if there will be other kinds of Blade that can be used as a transport.

Huh... so I guess Smashboards can post yuri content (as long as it isn't NSFW).
I found some Diakko comic, and some are funny and some are interesting.

Also I have a question, is Vgchatz a reliable source for tacking video game sales?
I kind of lose faith on this website when I check Overwatch's PC sales.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also I have a question, is Vgchatz a reliable source for tacking video game sales?
I kind of lose faith on this website when I check Overwatch's PC sales.
No, last time I checked, VGChartz is not a reliable source, to the point where some sites actually ban it from being used as a source.

Also, did anyone else see this about the Voice Actor Strike?
https://kotaku.com/video-game-companies-reach-agreement-to-end-voice-actor-1818762257/amp

Think this could mean possible comebacks for some of the Fire Emblem VAs, like Laura Bailey?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
D

Deleted member

By what I heard, it was mostly done by Hikaru Sakurai. And yeah, Tamomo is the buttmonkey of Fate/Extella compared to Extra and Extra CCC where her characterisation is much better. Although how will you react when you learn that out of Nero, Tamomo and Altera, only Tamomo gets a good end, besides True End.

Also, Fate/Zero is Gen Urobuchi fetish.
I'm on the Golden Poem arc(only reason I haven't finished it yet is because I'm really tired of playing as Nero and I'm not a fan of Extella's plot) already, so yeah, I got a bit salty that Tamamo gets a happy ending while Saber Boobs suffers and third best girl Altera is kill.

Everything from Urobuchi is full of his fetishes, the guy loves suffering

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
No, last time I checked, VGChartz is not a reliable source, to the point where some sites actually ban it from being used as a source.

Also, did anyone else see this about the Voice Actor Strike?
https://kotaku.com/video-game-companies-reach-agreement-to-end-voice-actor-1818762257/amp

Think this could mean possible comebacks for some of the Fire Emblem VAs, like Laura Bailey?
I don't think Laura Bailey will come back unfortunately. Nintendo wasn't one of the companies they were boycotting as otherwise she wouldn't have reprised her role in Heroes (which I think she worked on during the strike) and we wouldn't have gotten actors like Erica Lindbeck in Echoes (who support the strike). It seems that what's going on is similar to what happened with Troy Baker where she's getting bigger projects like Uncharted and with them scheduling conflicts that don't allow her to return to smaller old roles. So unless something happens and she can squeeze in a reprisal for Lucina, Alexis Tipton will probably take over for the role from now on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Every character I have unlocked in Extella: "Lv10~20"
Seibah: "Lv43"
At this point she's my ingame Saitama because none of the unlocked stages are a challenge for her.
I just wish the level select screen was organized properly and not by boss, who the hell though this was okay?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I can't even be mad about the potential of 4 Swordmasters because that's my favorite class
Actually, Lyn is a Blade Lord but I'm not going to be that guy
Also, can we please get Arthur I know it'd be too many Fates characters but I'm 100% sure no one would mind that

It's Owain, not Odin, which means he counts as an Awakening character.
I'd say Oboro is the most likely of all the Fates characters now since Koei has shown that their OCD has gotten the best of them(like including all the siblings) and they did mention a foot Lance user which, not counting Armored units(since they're more of their own thing), Ephraim, Oboro and Donnel are the only ones that qualify.
And let's be hinest here, Hinata is likely the least popular Myrmidon and he's in the same game as Hana, so that's saying something.

Ah, I initially misread as Owain for a split second back then.

Ah well, I knew Hinata was pretty unlikely, but a part of me got optimistic for a split second. Guess that means it's back to putting all my hopes on Oboro, but hey, I'm all in for an infantry lance user, so it'd be awesome to see her in the game.

Honestly, the fact Chrom calls Nohr and Hoshido "Mythical Kingdoms" makes me believe that, in the Akaneia universe, they are nothing more than novels written by Azama after crossing an Outrealm Gate and ending up in Akaneia, Revelation being what he personally saw with Birthright and Conquest being his fanfictions

Now that you mention that, it makes me wonder about Yuzu, Emma, and Shade's origins in Shadows of Valentia. In the Cipher series, Yuzu and Emma are from Hoshido, while Shade is from Nohr (Randall is from Elibe). Then they show up in Echoes, and it is stated they are a bunch of travelers, but I only wonder if they came from the Outrealms since in that same universe their kingdoms are referred to as "mythical.

worst girl
Whoa now, don't bash best girl Tamamo!

Yeah, I agree, Tamamo's behavior in her story mode was off-putting, though I was happy that she does have a moment of redemption right before the final battle in her story.

And like Ivander said, Tamamo is much better in Fate/Extra and Fate/Extra CCC. There, you learn about her backstory regarding her identity as Tamamo no Mae, and it's quite interesting yet sad. She also has plenty of great dialogue in those games and is one of the most humorous servants. She is one of my personal favorites in the Fate franchise.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I rise from the grave with a plea.
I need someone to trade with.
After a few hours, finally got a Magnemite to give a metal coat.
:208:
It's time
Im a simple man.
I see giant steel snek and I press like.

D

Deleted member

Shouldn't we be Leaks edition now since FEW is getting leaked?
Now that you mention that, it makes me wonder about Yuzu, Emma, and Shade's origins in Shadows of Valentia. In the Cipher series, Yuzu and Emma are from Hoshido, while Shade is from Nohr (Randall is from Elibe). Then they show up in Echoes, and it is stated they are a bunch of travelers, but I only wonder if they came from the Outrealms since in that same universe their kingdoms are referred to as "mythical.
I mean, pretty sure they're just originally from those kingdoms and now they're just always travelling.
Part of me hopes they show up in future games because they're exactly the kind of characters tp get the role of recurring cameos
Whoa now, don't bash best girl Tamamo!

Yeah, I agree, Tamamo's behavior in her story mode was off-putting, though I was happy that she does have a moment of redemption right before the final battle in her story.

And like Ivander said, Tamamo is much better in Fate/Extra and Fate/Extra CCC. There, you learn about her backstory regarding her identity as Tamamo no Mae, and it's quite interesting yet sad. She also has plenty of great dialogue in those games and is one of the most humorous servants. She is one of my personal favorites in the Fate franchise
Tbh, I think it's more of a problem I have with Extella itself.
Outside of Altera(and Gawain but I'm an Arthurian ****), there aren't any "new" characters to me I really liked: Lu Bu and Li Shuwen are kind of just there, Elizabeth is funny but ugh at the same time, Archimedes was someone I had hopes for but ended up disliking at the end and Nero is Saber Boobs as far as I'm aware.
Tamamo's face and expressions look really cute, I'll give her at least that

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Randall is from Elibe? No wonder he looks like a GBA-era cavalier/knight in terms of design :)

Ivander

Smash Legend
Outside of Altera(and Gawain but I'm an Arthurian ****), there aren't any "new" characters to me I really liked: Lu Bu and Li Shuwen are kind of just there, Elizabeth is funny but ugh at the same time, Archimedes was someone I had hopes for but ended up disliking at the end and Nero is Saber Boobs as far as I'm aware.

Well, Archimedes you're supposed to dislike:
As he was corrupted, much like how Gilgamesh is very different when he's not corrupted by Grail Mud(corrupted Gilgamesh would've never spared Waver's life).

Either way, Tamamo makes me wonder when Abe no Seimei will make an appearance. Heck, I hope it goes in the direction as someone's theory craft about him.
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/5yc3g0/theorycrafting_possible_lore_speculation_for_an/

Also, I'm still curious about when the new Remnant chapter will come out for JP Grand Order, as supposedly Saber Kojiro might be a thing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
FML MY PARENTS SHIPPED MY 3DS TO ME SO I CAN METROID BUT THEY DIDNT SEND THE CHARGER HAHAHA TIME TO KMS BYE

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so, some more FEW leaks, nothing major like the first surprise yet but it's one boss and either reclassing or costumes
Iago is the boss of Chapter 13
Honestly, as much as I give Fates villains ****, Iago is probably my favorite of them because he's just so enjoyable to watch and his VA did an amazing job. "I'm afraid that's not possible" is one of my favorite voiced lines from Fates. Also:
[After describing how the party will be sllwly digested by the revived Dragon's stomach acids] "And you'll also die, if that wasn't clear"

If someone here can translate this, or at least have an idea of what the text says, it'd be really helpful.
Well, Archimedes you're supposed to dislike:
I mean, yeah, but I mean, he wasn't even enjoyable as a villain.
I actually like his "Mr.Exposition" persona more than his corrupted self tbh
Also, I'm still curious about when the new Remnant chapter will come out for JP Grand Order, as supposedly Saber Kojiro might be a thing.
WAIT WHAT
Saber Kojiro
I AM ****ING WOKE SIGN ME THE **** UP

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Fire Emblem Warriors' Intro Sequence leaked on Youtube. For those that want to check it out, you can view it within the spoilers tag below:

I personally think it looks amazing.

I'm in a similar boat when it comes to the characterization of servants in Fate/Extella. I share most of the same opinions on the characters you listed, and the few servants that I liked were because I already knew about who they were prior.

I think Fate/Extella really could've benefitted from some kind of mode that explored each of the servants backstories more so that newer players can get a clearer understanding where much of the personalities and actions of the servants come from. Since most of the servants that are in Fate/Extella appeared in Fate/Extra and/or Fate/Extra CCC, and Fate/Extella is considered to be the sequel to the latter, the game acts like, "Well, we assumed you played or at least know a good chunk of details from those games, so we won't be delving into the servants' backstories that much."

One of my main hopes for Fate/Extella Link is they include some kind of mode like the one I just described. That would be a great way for newcomers to learn about the servants. Another good idea would be some kind of optional "recap" that details the main plot points of Fate/Extra, Fate/Extra CCC, and Fate/Extella; that too would help catch newcomers up to speed with what's going on. BlazBlue does something similar with its story mode where they give an optional "recap" of the main plot events from each game leading up to the current one.

Either way, Tamamo makes me wonder when Abe no Seimei will make an appearance. Heck, I hope it goes in the direction as someone's theory craft about him.
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/5yc3g0/theorycrafting_possible_lore_speculation_for_an/
I never thought about the idea of Abe no Seimei servant, but after reading that theory craft, I think that would be pretty cool to see happen! I can imagine him in Fate/Grand Order as a really strong servant, probably as strong as Merlin to make him a good Japanese counterpart to that character like what the Reddit post notes.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
:joyful:
Owain is the best.
https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousAgileLasagnaRiPepperonis
I frickin' love how the soldiers were like, "Huh what? We're not dead?

WAIT WHAT

I AM ****ING WOKE SIGN ME THE **** UP

Basically, someone who predicted the CCC and new Summer Event also predicted this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6wlccq/epic_of_remnant_chapter_iii_leak/

And there are some things that support it being in Japan.
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/70m7rm/title_of_the_third_epic_of_remnant_chapter/
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/7111m0/an_interesting_theory_about_epic_of_remnant/

Either way, it's hinted that the next Remnant will be about Samurai and the leak mentions an old Kojiro who is a Saber.

D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem Warriors' Intro Sequence leaked on Youtube. For those that want to check it out, you can view it within the spoilers tag below:

I personally think it looks amazing.

I'm in a similar boat when it comes to the characterization of servants in Fate/Extella. I share most of the same opinions on the characters you listed, and the few servants that I liked were because I already knew about who they were prior.

I think Fate/Extella really could've benefitted from some kind of mode that explored each of the servants backstories more so that newer players can get a clearer understanding where much of the personalities and actions of the servants come from. Since most of the servants that are in Fate/Extella appeared in Fate/Extra and/or Fate/Extra CCC, and Fate/Extella is considered to be the sequel to the latter, the game acts like, "Well, we assumed you played or at least know a good chunk of details from those games, so we won't be delving into the servants' back stories that much."

One of my main hopes for Fate/Extella Link is they include some kind of mode like the one I just described. That would be a great way for newcomers to learn about the servants. Another good idea would be some kind of optional "recap" that details the main plot points of Fate/Extra, Fate/Extra CCC, and Fate/Extella; that too would help catch newcomers up to speed with what's going on. BlazBlue does something similar with its story mode where they give an optional "recap" of the main plot events from each game leading up to the current one.

I never thought about the idea of Abe no Seimei servant, but after reading that theory craft, I think that would be pretty cool to see happen! I can imagine him in Fate/Grand Order as a really strong servant, probably as strong as Merlin to make him a good Japanese counterpart to that character like what the Reddit post notes.
I really think they shoild just get more attention in the main story, especially since it gets tiring to play as the same charcter over and over again, just have around 5 chapters for each faction or something while using some of those for the side characters. And, like, Side Stories are cool and all but it's obvious writing and voicing all of then is quite a job so I'd much rather have an expansive extra mode like HW's Adventure Mode rather than 3 stages for each character.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today I learned that 2 more prototype ROMS of Star Fox 2 exist and both were leaked earlier this week.

These 2 "new" builds were made between the other 2 builds that we've had for over a decade (but both are basically identical and very close to the early build). I found the ROMs but of course I can't link them here for obvious reasons.

Hard to believe they came out less then a week away from the FINISHED version coming out.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If there's one thing that the Fire Emblem Cipher card game is good at, it's making you want some things to actually be a thing in a Fire Emblem game.

This just looks frickin' awesome and I would totally play Anankos in Fire Emblem Warriors if he attacked with frickin' giant eyeballs Gate of Babylon-style.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If there's one thing that the Fire Emblem Cipher card game is good at, it's making you want some things to actually be a thing in another game.

This just looks frickin' awesome and I would totally play Anankos in Fire Emblem Warriors if he attacked with frickin' giant eyeballs Gate of Babylon-style.
Wasn't the giant eyeball thing his heart? Can he just. . .dispose of it and regrow vital organs at the drop of a hat?

Wait. . .
upload_2017-9-26_17-18-30.jpeg
Nevermind, I probably shouldn't even begin to question the biology of something like this.

. . .Won't stop me, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Game Theory really is milking FNAF for all it's worth.

Sure, it was interesting at first watching their videos on it

But a game hasn't even come out in some time and they still are making videos on it

But hey, they are still getting 1-2 million views on the videos

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

If someone here can translate this, or at least have an idea of what the text says, it'd be really helpful.
Outfitting
Cordelia
- Pegasus Knight
- Falcon Knight

So the costume select and/or class change screen, I guess. I think they said class changing is in the game, so maybe it lets you choose their outfit after changing classes?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.