• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You know you're making an amazing game when you can turn the series' punching bag into a mutha ****in' beast!

And the fact that his official description includes "Saibamen watch out!" makes it even more golden.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know you're making an amazing game when you can turn the series' punching bag into a mutha ****in' beast!

And the fact that his official description includes "Saibamen watch out!" makes it even more golden.
His fighting style is pretty cool. Close ranged fast fighter

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

I don't know how Arc Sys did it but they made me want to main Yamcha.

His playstyle seems like it's right up my alley. Tien looks pretty great, too.

D

Deleted member

Forsburn from Rivals of Aether is the type of character I want to see in an official Smash game, doing combos with a clone is so ****ing fun, I need more characters like this.
Also, the smoke gimmick is super fun because teleporting into the smoke and attacking out of it is also incredibly fun.
But which Nintendo character could do at least one of these gimmicks?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Having played Smash 4 after such a long time reminded me of the one truth about it:
All matches and players in For Glory suck, either in a literal sense or because they're tryhards, except Ganondorf mains.
Ganondorf dittos are the only true and enjoyable fights you can have online and you respect your opponent by disrespecting the hell out of them.
Like, I got absolutely bodied in some Ganon dittos against this one guy but **** me if it wasn't fun. You can tell another Ganon player respects you when they dropkick into you when your recovery has already failed.

Also, @Warchamp7 please, you don't need to break the uploader if you want to talk to me

From a lot of experience playing Ganon on FG; you know you've found the perfect Ganon opponent when you both spam side tilt, up tilt, Warlock Punch, and Ganoncide repeatedly, following every kill with an up taunt.
Hmm... if the Pokemon Company or whomever came to you and let you choose 3 dlc Pokemon for Pokken would whould you choose?

Only rules are one has to be a fighting type(dual types included) one has to be a weird pokemon that doesn't fit any normal fighting character archtypes and the third can be any Pokemon, even supports. Put if they are Power, Speed, Technical or Standard. You can add how you'd imagine they'd play or whatever if you want.

I'd probably pick:
Poliwrath-Standard
Scolipede- Speed
Staraptor- Power
Latias - Speed
Klinklang - Technical
Meloetta Pirouette Forme - Standard

Latias' 2P color would replace the red on its body with Blue.
Klinklang's 2P color would be its shiny form.
Meloetta's 2P color would have its hair turn green.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I hope this comes to Switch it'd be amazing!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Good golly, the cord length of the Wii Classic Controller Pro is painfully short.

Good thing I bought an extension cord last year.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If anyone was looking to cop Overwatch, there's a sale going on
https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch
Remember that I wine about my Internet can't play Splatoon 2?
At least Overwatch was playable, but the ping often gets high.
Yes, yes, Reg shares same VA with Killua, I get that.
Guila from Seven Deadly Sins, ok, that's interesting, and pretty rad.

Stocking Anarchy from Panty & Stocking.

wait... what?

Ishikima Midari from Kakegururi
Oh s**t... now this is giving me nightmares...
come to think of it, no wonder why she sound a bit familiar

Oh yeah, not mentioned in the video.

This girl.

Edit: The pic broke when I post... man...
try again

I give up, it's Bonnie from Pokemon XY
I know Reg's VA is pretty well known so it shouldn't be surprised that she has many roles in many animes. But it is still fun to know nonetheless.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Pick another color; shinies aren't used.
'Kay.

I suppose if I had to do that, I'd replace all of the steel gray parts of Klinklang's design with bright Gold, and turn its face white. Then I'd change its nose and blue nub to purple, and its red nub orange. Its eyes would change from white to black.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Yamcha just can't get rid of the reputation he got from that Saibamen

In Dragon Ball Fusions, Yamcha won't join your team until he's defeated his greatest opponent.

Turns out it was a bunch of Saibamen. When you defeat them, you have to defeat the King Saibaman - Then he joins you

You know who'd make a good pokemon in Pokken?

Ninjask

I imagine when he uses "Kawarimi no Jutsu" and leaves a Shedinja behind
I am a genius and didn't know it

The technique Kawarimi no Jutsu is also called "Utsusemi no Jutsu"

Which translates to "Empty Cicada Technique"

Last edited:
You guys are just seeing the Yamcha/Tien trailers now?

Y'all need to get more hyped about the GotY for every year and pay more attention.

switch port cant come fast enough

D

Deleted member

You guys are just seeing the Yamcha/Tien trailers now?

Y'all need to get more hyped about the GotY for every year and pay more attention.

switch port cant come fast enough
WEN BROLY?

Only then will I have hype. :V

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nah, we already have the Super Saiyan Blue forms.

And we have stuff like Golden Frieza.

Im sure more Super content is on the way.
Frost alt for Frieza plz
Golden Frieza AND SSGSS were in Dragon Ball Z movies

D

Deleted member

Nah, we already have the Super Saiyan Blue forms.

And we have stuff like Golden Frieza.

Im sure more Super content is on the way.
Frost alt for Frieza plz
Those don't really count (nor would Beerus for example) because Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F' were DBZ movies before being adapted into Super.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Breeding for egg moves in gen 2

Wow, never did this back in the day

Also never traded between gens back in the day

SHOULD have. It's making the game a lot easier. Especially since elemental stones are rare in gen 2

And because I cheated in gen 1 with missingno

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently there are people that hate the Mirror ability in Kirby

It's my absolute favorite ability

Found out from the Kirby voting thing

But more people like it

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Xenoblade Twitter page post two pics of Nia.
Nice.

And her tiger Dromarch

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Y'know, I was playing through Subspace Emissary again and I got to the credits and... Some of the stuff in there is pretty interesting.

For some of the less important stuff.

SUDA51 is in the Special Thanks.
TREASURE is also listed in Special Thanks.
Under development supervision for original characters/games Bandai, Namco Bandai, Eighting, Sandlot, and Camelot are all listed among multiple others that don't actually have characters in the game. Besides Camelot having an assist trophy or two.
More interesting than those but under the same listing is PAPA DAISUKE and Strawberry Flower (singer of Ai No Uta)

The more interesting stuff:
David Hayter is listed as (Special Guest) not even the other codec actors were listed with the same. David Hayter is the only one
On top of that it seems all codec conversations were recorded and handled by a totally different company off site of Konami and Nintendo/Sora.
Konami's Special Collaboration is Kojima, of course.
SEGA's was Miyazaki
There are a TON of companies listed in Development Cooperation. Like way more than the usual ones that are thrown around like Monolithsoft.
Didn't know this but Reggie's real name is Reginald. Thought it was just Reggie.

Anyways, just thought I'd tell y'all some stuff I found interesting. Nothing spectacular but neat.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Under development supervision for original characters/games Bandai, Namco Bandai, Eighting, Sandlot, and Camelot are all listed among multiple others that don't actually have characters in the game. Besides Camelot having an assist trophy or two.
This might be because those companies developed games using Nintendo IPs.

For example, In Brawl and Smash 4, there is Star Fox Assault content. Namco helped make that game, so they should be credited.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That tattoo should be grey, not white. It'd fit better.

She looks pretty cool though. Loving that tiger though. Fuzzy~
The reasoning for Nia having those tatoos is still a mystery, since they are white I didn't really notice it until the recent trailer.
If it's black then it will remind me of one of Taiwan aborigine tribe Atayal, but it's usually men that tatoos are on the forehead and the cheeks.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Xenoblade Twitter page post two pics of Nia.
Nice.

And her tiger Dromarch
Tbh she looks better in her official artwork than in-game, which is the opposite of Pyra.

Her profile says she's a friend of Rex (implying they knew each other before the events of the game), the "boyish wisecracker of the group" and "banter buddy" for Rex.

So yeah, Nia could be the Reyn of this game.

Alley-oop.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I like them but where's your fighting type?
Whoops, sorry, I must've skipped over it in my hurry. I'll trade out Froslass for this one and keep her as an extra:

Speed: Hitmontop: Plays into his Capoeira inspiration and has a lot of moves based around spinning and acrobatic. He would have very few projectiles due to the species' limited movepool, and thus would have to rely on getting into the opponent's space rather then pressuring them from afar.

D

Deleted member

Didn't know this but Reggie's real name is Reginald.
Reginald is a really intimidating name, why doesn't he use that?
Tbh she looks better in her official artwork than in-game, which is the opposite of Pyra.

Her profile says she's a friend of Rex (implying they knew each other before the events of the game), the "boyish wisecracker of the group" and "banter buddy" for Rex.

So yeah, Nia could be the Reyn of this game.

Alley-oop.
Cat Girl Nia is going to be a meme machine and say "I'm really feeling it"
If I took this out of context, I'm pretty sure some Gurren Lagann fan would misinterpret it

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Hmm... if the Pokemon Company or whomever came to you and let you choose 3 dlc Pokemon for Pokken would whould you choose?

Only rules are one has to be a fighting type(dual types included) one has to be a weird pokemon that doesn't fit any normal fighting character archtypes and the third can be any Pokemon, even supports. Put if they are Power, Speed, Technical or Standard. You can add how you'd imagine they'd play or whatever if you want.

I'd probably pick:
Poliwrath-Standard
Scolipede- Speed
Staraptor- Power
Zoroark - Speed (Personal Pick), most wanted outside of Sceptile.
Gallade - Standard (Fighting), elbow blades for days.
Silvally - Technical (Weird), I think a lot can be done with Silvally's RKS System to really make him stick out.

D

Deleted member

Character overview trailer for FEW is up
Either Anna is the very last reveal(because she's on the boxart so she can't be a secret unlockable) or she's, for whatever reason, not playable.
And don't actually expect secret unlockables like Navarre because HW had all characters in the base roster revealed before launch. Unless plans changed like with HW but the game comes out in two days in Japan and the only NPC we have seen so far is Validar so take that as you will.

So, let's see how this game looks imo:
Pros: Takumi using the Sniper crit animation and basically his whole moveset, and Lyn. Just Lyn being there.
Cons: boy where do I start

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
A new Fire Emblem Heroes banner is coming out on the 29th, and IS released this image featuring silhouettes of two of the upcoming Heroes:

The girl on the left seems to resemble Azura, especially with that head gown and even parts of the hair. The man on the right wears Azura's pendant.

Interesting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A new Fire Emblem Heroes banner is coming out on the 29th, and IS released this image featuring silhouettes of two of the upcoming Heroes:

The girl on the left seems to resemble Azura, especially with that head gown and even parts of the hair. The man on the right wears Azura's pendant.

Interesting.
Most are speculating the guy might be Shigure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom