• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Pokkén Tournament, I remember during its Wii U era the Pokémon Company said "no comment" on whether or not Shadow Mewtwo is canon.

A generation has passed, absent in Sun & Moon, and so far no signs in Ultra.

I'm not convinced it's canon and have doubts it will.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Having played Smash 4 after such a long time reminded me of the one truth about it:
All matches and players in For Glory suck, either in a literal sense or because they're tryhards, except Ganondorf mains.
Ganondorf dittos are the only true and enjoyable fights you can have online and you respect your opponent by disrespecting the hell out of them.
Like, I got absolutely bodied in some Ganon dittos against this one guy but **** me if it wasn't fun. You can tell another Ganon player respects you when they dropkick into you when your recovery has already failed.

Also, @Warchamp7 please, you don't need to break the uploader if you want to talk to me

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not surprised that Pokken did way better than MvCi. One game is rushed out, and the other isn't. Simple as that. Not to mention the controversy surrounding the game in terms of characters.

IronTed

Smash Ace
MvCI bombed so hard, it's almost hysterical. The fact every single major Capcom release (bar most 3DS Monster Hunter titles) has underperformed this gen is insane. Expect disasterous sales in Japan, likely worse than even Metroid's going by YSO predictions

What's also funny is the damage control over the fact USFII had a better first week in the UK than MvCI.

Edit: also, apparently Gold and Silver combined would have made the top 10. So boxes with DL codes of 16 year old games sold more than a brand new fighting game with Marvel characters. To be fair, Pokemon is massive, but still, you can bet a small minority of people are buying GS from retailers.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
MvCI bombed so hard, it's almost hysterical. The fact every single major Capcom release (bar most 3DS Monster Hunter titles) has underperformed this gen is insane. Expect disasterous sales in Japan, likely worse than even Metroid's going by YSO predictions

What's also funny is the damage control over the fact USFII had a better first week in the UK than MvCI.
Im half expecting Monster Hunter Worlds to bomb as well

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of Pokkén Tournament, I remember during its Wii U era the Pokémon Company said "no comment" on whether or not Shadow Mewtwo is canon.

A generation has passed, absent in Sun & Moon, and so far no signs in Ultra.

I'm not convinced it's canon and have doubts it will.
Is Shadow Mewtwo like Shadow Lugia?

Like, created in the same way?

Edit: OMG, I can't believe I was that excited to catch a Farfetch'd

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmm... if the Pokemon Company or whomever came to you and let you choose 3 dlc Pokemon for Pokken would whould you choose?

Only rules are one has to be a fighting type(dual types included) one has to be a weird pokemon that doesn't fit any normal fighting character archtypes and the third can be any Pokemon, even supports. Put if they are Power, Speed, Technical or Standard. You can add how you'd imagine they'd play or whatever if you want.

I'd probably pick:
Poliwrath-Standard
Scolipede- Speed
Staraptor- Power

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I traded my pokemon over from silver to blue using the time chamber

gave them some TM's

Now they are broken

Psychic looks really cool in gen 2. It's a mixture of the animation for confusion and hypnosis

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hmm... if the Pokemon Company or whomever came to you and let you choose 3 dlc Pokemon for Pokken would whould you choose?

Only rules are one has to be a fighting type(dual types included) one has to be a weird pokemon that doesn't fit any normal fighting character archtypes and the third can be any Pokemon, even supports. Put if they are Power, Speed, Technical or Standard. You can add how you'd imagine they'd play or whatever if you want.

I'd probably pick:
Poliwrath-Standard
Scolipede- Speed
Staraptor- Power
Mine would be
Mienshao-Technical
Aurorus-power
Pumkaboo-speed

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I traded my pokemon over from silver to blue using the time chamber

gave them some TM's

Now they are broken

Psychic looks really cool in gen 2. It's a mixture of the animation for confusion and hypnosis
Move animations look so sick in Gen 2.
Rock Slide looks brutal and stuff like Aeroblast and Hyper Beam are simply badass.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG I got pokerus in gen 2

I didn't know pokerus was in gen 2

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People have come up with another layer to the ending of Rick and Morty:

People are thinking Rick left a clone behind as well and Joined Beth due to how he acts at the end and how sentimental he was with Beth when giving that speech. Plus people are using the fact he says "I love you" as a potential hint since Rick is rarely that honest.

This would be really interesting if true

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I'd probably pick:
Poliwrath-Standard
Scolipede- Speed
Staraptor- Power
Fighting - Breloom, Speed

Fast boxer type with status support, such as sleep and poison. See Pokémon Type: Wild.

Strange - Vespiquen, Technical

Summoner-like fighter that utilizes ranged attacks like sending swarms of bees to "plague" enemies.

Personal - Victini, Technical

Mixed fighter utilizing both ranged and physical attacks. Can Work Up to empower itself.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'd really like to see a serpent-like Pokémon in Pokkén (Milotic or Serperior for example) just to see how they'd make it work. Also a proper flying Pokémon like Staraptor or Braviary would be neat. Otherwise I'm not too fussy over the roster.

Pretty surprised Greninja isn't in to begin with though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'd probably pick:
Poliwrath-Standard
Scolipede- Speed
Staraptor- Power
Fighting: Heracross, Standard. Lots of horn attacks and throws.
Weird: Castform, Technical. Fights by summoning weather conditions (cycling through weather moves, as well as attacks like Blizzard, Thunder, and Hurricane) and changing the terrain to hurt foes.
Personal: Ursaring, Power. Large imposing bear. Fights like a bear.

Plus we'd finally have not one, but two Normal types on the roster, leaving only Rock left out.

D

Deleted member

Ursaring, Power. Large imposing bear. Fights like a bear.
I laughed harder than I should.

I mean, you're not wrong. It would be the Kuma of Pokken. But something about the wording is funny when said aloud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I saw this video that discusses the music in Marvel movies. I think it goes to show why I don't like most modern film soundtracks. Though Orchestral music is usually boring for me. At least I can remember the Spider-Man Raimi film music.

More on topic with games, I feel like this infected Marvel vs Capcom now. Since the only 3 Marvel themes that are actually interesting are Ghost Rider, who still has a rock song. And the 2 Credits songs which are remixes of Spider-Man's and Captain America's established themes as is. Which proves, even if they did want to do a classical movie style soundtrack, all they had to do was use the old themes. They literally put in more work than they had to and made a worse product because of it.

Marvel games used to have some of the best music in my opinion, with X-Men COTA, X-Men vs Street Fighter, Maximum Carnage, Arcade's Revenge, Spider-Man 1 and 2 on PS1 and Ultimate Spider-Man are among some of the best. And that's just a few games that come to mind. Hell, even the shows have less interesting music compared to about 7 or 8 years ago.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I'd probably pick:
Poliwrath-Standard
Scolipede- Speed
Staraptor- Power
Sure...

Heracross-Power
Lycanroc (Midday)-Speed
Haxorus-Power

D

Deleted member

I'd probably pick:
Poliwrath-Standard
Scolipede- Speed
Staraptor- Power
Fighting Type: Buzzwole-Power; Heavy hitting tank that can shrug off hits as well as grab opponents to drain life and simultaneously boost its own strength.
Weird: Arbok-Technical; Serpentine body relying on swerving movements and swift "get in, get out" strikes like how an actual cobra would fight. Can also use techniques like Poison Sting, Haze, and Glare to screw with the opponent.
Personal: Tyranitar-Power; Fights like a miniature Godzilla with Earthbending would. 'Nuff said.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
D

Deleted member

On Pokken character ideas:
Fighting: Hitmonchan-Speed; fights like a boxer, focusing on quick strings of punches. Can use Bullet Punch to dash quickly into the opponent, being able to cancel it into Feint, which only hits if the opponent is guarding. His Burst Move is the Elemental Punch Barrage. Isn't an air fighter.

Non-standard: Aegislash-Power; can use the cloths it has to grab oppenents and is able to switch between Shield and Sword forms by defending and attacking, respectively. Shield form decreases damage taken and slows down the starting lag of all of its moves. Sword form increases damage received and is entered automatically by using any move. Sacred Sword is a very slow but powerful move that goes through shielding. Burst Move is Swords Dance which has multiple copies of Aegislash attack the opponent all at once.
Only sword fighter without disjoints.

Personal: Zoroark-Technical; uses her Illusion ability to throw off opponents, being able to create illusions of herself, alter their perception of time(Witch Time-like Counter), mess up their interface and pull out fake moves(which only cause hitstun, these include stuff like the crystal prisons she uses in the movie and Sucker Punch which can lesd into combos). Her Burst Move is Night Daze, having Zoroark jump into the air and slam her arms in the ground creating a shockwave that covers the stage.
Still not in Smash

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
WayForward is one of the few companies that can make movie licenses awesome (and I know nothing about The Mummy)

And dat Howie scream. :p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I'd probably pick:
Poliwrath-Standard
Scolipede- Speed
Staraptor- Power
Feraligatr - Power: Has a focus on biting and brute strength, has some projectiles, but like with Garchomp it's more supplementary then to pressure the opponent from afar. Generally wants to get in and do a lot of damage, and has the health to take more then a few hits if needed.
Speed - Froslass: Focused on using its ghostly nature to dip in and out of battle with ice serving as a support for its slippery abilities.
Standard - Hydreigon: Essentially an in-between for Gardevoir and Chandelure in terms of projectiles, but the general focus would be on its three heads for differing the area of coverage for its projectile attacks as well as using them for quick bites for close range.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do fighting games have an archetype that's slow and bulky but uses a lot of ranged projectiles

Blastoise

Flash Cannon
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Hydro Pump

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Feraligatr - Power: Has a focus on biting and brute strength, has some projectiles, but like with Garchomp it's more supplementary then to pressure the opponent from afar. Generally wants to get in and do a lot of damage, and has the health to take more then a few hits if needed.
Speed - Froslass: Focused on using its ghostly nature to dip in and out of battle with ice serving as a support for its slippery abilities.
Standard - Hydreigon: Essentially an in-between for Gardevoir and Chandelure in terms of projectiles, but the general focus would be on its three heads for differing the area of coverage for its projectile attacks as well as using them for quick bites for close range.
I like them but where's your fighting type?

Fighting Type: Buzzwole-Power; Heavy hitting tank that can shrug off hits as well as grab opponents to drain life and simultaneously boost its own strength.
Weird: Arbok-Technical; Serpentine body relying on swerving movements and swift "get in, get out" strikes like how an actual cobra would fight. Can also use techniques like Poison Sting, Haze, and Glare to screw with the opponent.
Personal: Tyranitar-Power; Fights like a miniature Godzilla with Earthbending would. 'Nuff said.
I want all of these!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I wonder if the word "apologists" has lost its meaning now that everyone accused everyone of being "Nintendo apologists" for saying one good thing about nintendo
Same question that I want to ask to this dude:
Flags I give to this dude:
Will's flag:
1. Doesn't bother of researching why 3DS sells well.
2. List tons of games that are either are on the PC (Which most of the sales come from), or has always been on PS console (Like Persona).
3. Pokemon basically is also a Japanese role playing game. Oh yeah, he has ZERO mention of Pokemon is going have a RPG game coming to Switch, sure it may not be coming in 2018 but he actually didn't even bother to mention it.
4. Saying Nintendo and Mario aren't relevant and say Call of Duty sells well... yeah... again mostly because it's on PC and a multiplat.
5. Saying DOOM is 2 years old (MISLEADING! Well, it's at least 1 year and 7 months when it's released on Switch) and Wolfenstein 2 coming possibly late 2018 (Making a blantly assumption doesn't help)
I previously share his videos a while ago about Switch defects, and the video title literally has "Nintendo apologist" in it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know who'd make a good pokemon in Pokken?

Ninjask

I imagine when he uses "Kawarimi no Jutsu" and leaves a Shedinja behind

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You know who'd make a good pokemon in Pokken?

Ninjask

I imagine when he uses "Kawarimi no Jutsu" and leaves a Shedinja behind
Honestly any pokemon would be cool. Like even Electrode could be cool. It could make like hand and feet out of electricity that it just launches out as attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom