• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Based on the wording of the Warriors DLC, we may actually get one or two characters outside the main three games, a la Lyn and Celica. The pack descriptions for 2 and 3 say things like "mostly" from Awakening or "including content from" Shadow Dragon, while the Fates pack strictly referred to Fates itself.

On one hand, we may get folks like Alm, Ike, Roy, and Hector in addition to these now. On the other hand, this also means Shadow Dragon might get screwed over a bit again, sadly.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
D

Deleted member

But then why dies everyone seem to hate Pokken? Well this is on r/Nintendoswitch and they seem to hate a lit of things
Because the gameplay sucks tbh, it may have a great presentation but the Phase Shift mechanic and overall clunky and slow pacing of fights doesn't make for a good fighting game.
If you like Pokken, that's fine, but there are a lot of issues that turn off players from it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
But then why dies everyone seem to hate Pokken? Well this is on r/Nintendoswitch and they seem to hate a lit of things
I didn't personally click with Pokken that much when it came out on Wii U, but I can't manage traditional fighting games for the life of me and I don't mind at all if other people enjoy it. It wouldn't be right to rain on everyone else's parade, if you're having fun that means you made a great choice. Whining about games other people like is kind of a killjoy thing to do.

r/NintendoSwitch on the other hand has a stick shoved where the sun don't shine that they only pull out just long enough to shove it back in and accuse the place of being infected by apologists.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Because the gameplay sucks tbh, it may have a great presentation but the Phase Shift mechanic and overall clunky and slow pacing of fights doesn't make for a good fighting game.
If you like Pokken, that's fine, but there are a lot of issues that turn off players from it.

Fights are slow? They seem pretty fast for me. I had several palm sweating moments while playing online. I like the phase thing because where I get my ass beat in field and start kicking ass in duel

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Playtonic gave an update for the Switch version of Yooka-Laylee.
http://www.playtonicgames.com/switchupdate/
To put it short, they're still hard at work on it. It's taking long because they want it to run as smoothly as possible.

I hope they have a good plan for when it releases, if it comes out close to Odyssey's release, it won't be good.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I didn't personally click with Pokken that much when it came out on Wii U, but I can't manage traditional fighting games for the life of me and I don't mind at all if other people enjoy it. It wouldn't be right to rain on everyone else's parade, if you're having fun that means you made a great choice. Whining about games other people like is kind of a killjoy thing to do.

r/NintendoSwitch on the other hand has a stick shoved where the sun don't shine that they only pull out just long enough to shove it back in and accuse the place of being infected by apologists.
I wonder if the word "apologists" has lost its meaning now that everyone accused everyone of being "Nintendo apologists" for saying one good thing about nintendo

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Tonight's Rick and Morty had an interesting ending.

So...

Which choice do you think Beth made? I think she's gone and we'll see her come back later with a change in character and probably get an episode focused on it. I found it interesting that the episode built up how she is exactly like Rick.
Another Rick & Morty fan! cool

Gosh, I'm torn. With the sentimental music in that scene when Beth is considering her options, I want to say that her real self stayed with her family, since the sentimental music would indicate to me that she wouldn't want to leave her family. However, Rick's very mellow demeanor in the pizza dinner scene could indicate that he's proud of the real Beth going off by herself for a while in order to live large, and the Beth we see during dinner is clone Beth. His mellow attitude and potential pride in the pizza scene could also be pride in his handiwork of the clone Beth experiment.

If I were to choose between "real Beth vs. clone Beth", I'm leaning towards clone Beth.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

About Rick and Morty
Beth is just like Rick, the theory is finally proven right. This episode ****ed me up tbh, especially with Beth being CLEARLY AWARE THAT she's just one of many but not being even a bit fazed by it. It also puts some mew light into Pickle Rick and that one clip from Morty's Mindblowers.

Also, I'm starting to think Rick set up the divorce to, at least partially, protect Jerry. Yeah, he leaves it pretty clear he hates Jerry but I think Rick's take on the situation is a bit of "not wanting to leave Jerry with someone as ****ed up as himself"(as we see all throughout seasons 1 and 2 that Jerry suffers just as much) and "not having Beth shackled to a marriage she was basically forced into so she can make her own choices" as this episode provides clues for both of these.
Basically, the divorce are two birds with one rock: Jerry is kept away from Beth and Beth can make her own decision on leaving for herself or not.
I mean, if anything, Jerry is partially responsible for Morty existing and we know how much Rick loves him.

"You just got handed an Ex Machina, you take it"
Fights are slow? They seem pretty fast for me. I had several palm sweating moments while playing online. I like the phase thing because where I get my *** beat in field and start kicking *** in duel
I can understand not liking the phase shift and thinking things are clunky.

But I really don't understand how things are slow.
Moves and movements just seem to be way too slow in 2D mode, like, you can hardly combo anything because there's a lot of lag before and after moves come out.
3D mode is better in regards to movement but it doesn't matter much when almost every single attack changes phases(keep in mind my only experience with it is the demo so maybe that's an issue exclusive to those three characters but it doesn't paint a very good picture when Pikachu, a Speed type, is only relatively faster

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Im up for Pokken whenever you are playin the game. How many rematches should we do, 2 or 3 or just one match?
We can do 3. I might play more if I'm having fun. lol

I'll be flip flopping through DBX2, Pokken and Splatoon 2 all day so when ever you're ready is good for me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
About Rick and Morty
You are right about that, considering at the end Rick killed that alien that was out for him and he said he was looking out for him
We can do 3. I might play more if I'm having fun. lol

I'll be flip flopping through DBX2, Pokken and Splatoon 2 all day so when ever you're ready is good for me.
Oh Im ready to go right now, bud ~

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Another Rick & Morty fan! cool

Gosh, I'm torn. With the sentimental music in that scene when Beth is considering her options, I want to say that her real self stayed with her family, since the sentimental music would indicate to me that she wouldn't want to leave her family. However, Rick's very mellow demeanor in the pizza dinner scene could indicate that he's proud of the real Beth going off by herself for a while in order to live large, and the Beth we see during dinner is clone Beth. His mellow attitude and potential pride in the pizza scene could also be pride in his handiwork of the clone Beth experiment.

If I were to choose between "real Beth vs. clone Beth", I'm leaning towards clone Beth.
These are some really good observations. I didn't really consider that.

I do still think she has been swapped out for the clone though.

The way she cut off and interacted with morty and summer just felt off about her regular personality and she almost seemed to desperate to learn from them.

Either way this was a really interesting episode and I'm looking forward to how they handle this potential plot line.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
A patch for Sonic Mania has come to PS4, one of the biggest changes is the having the super transformation being signed to a separate button (which is a godsent).
No news on the other versions though, but they're probably not too far off.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
****ing Cooler! Came out of nowhere and basically put me in a combo chain that I had no way of getting out of.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is a great thread. If you ever wondered why we don't hear much about the behind the scenes of game development, a lot of it falls on the toxicity of game culture.

Stuff like "GAME DEVS ARE GREEDY!!!! GAME DEVS ARE STUPID!!!! THIS ENGINE IS TERRIBLE!!!! IT'S BECAUSE SO-AND-SO!!!!!" all the harassment, the twisting and misconstruing of words, etc. All of it creates a terrible, toxic atmosphere where honest discussions about video games can't be had. Reddit, 4chan, Youtube, Twitter, NeoGaf, even our very own Smashboards all contributes to this and it's real saddening. I love video games, and I want to learn and understand them to better appreciate, not grow cynical and jaded because people can't pull their heads out their asses; this includes me. If devs release a roadmap, and things change drastically down the line, they never lied to consumers, things change and that's fine. If you don't like it, move on, don't spread lies and misconceptions. Stop claiming that some feature is "super easy" to implement just because another game has it, even if that game is part of the same franchise. Stop blaming the engine, you probably don't understand how engines work Etc. All this does is make it more difficult to learn and appreciate.

edit: tossed in another, smaller thread

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*sees video in suggested list on Youtube

"Super Mario Odyssey All Bosses"

Thumbnail is a new boss...

Me: Nope....!

But it's only 11 minutes, there's no way that's the full thing.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
*sees video in suggested list on Youtube

"Super Mario Odyssey All Bosses"

Thumbnail is a new boss...

Me: Nope....!

But it's only 11 minutes, there's no way that's the full thing.
It probably meant the bosses for the worlds that Nintendo showed certain youtubers.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm never playing Pokken again. The advisor is a collosal *****. I get completely wrecked and after the battle she's like "That battle was awesome!"

Way to make me feel even worse.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'm never playing Pokken again. The advisor is a collosal *****. I get completely wrecked and after the battle she's like "That battle was awesome!"

Way to make me feel even worse.
Thats why I turned that girl off. Like I wanna hear " you were like a magikarp out of water out there"

But if it makes you feel better to know my starts, they are 8 attack, 8 synergy, 8 defence and 6 Strategy and those combos you did in the air was wild. You took a big chunk out of my hp with that but Next time Ill pick a character I never touch. Sorry if I made it not fun :034:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Thats why I turned that girl off. Like I wanna hear " you were like a magikarp out of water out there"
Whomever they hired to write her dialogue should be fired for how hurtful it is. If you're coaching someone you never mention how much you suck compared to your opponent that's just rude.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My neighbor's kid is making a song for his soon to be ex-girlfriend to, "ensure we never get back together again". They broke up once already, mind you. Normally I'd back out of situations like that because its none of my business nor do I want it to be, but I decided to nose in a little. Turns out his soon to be ex-girlfriend had another boyfriend. So I casually asked her about the other kid and it turns out they didn't get back together to begin with.

So I decided that, since I went this far, might as well pop the news on the kid. Told him what she said and he broke down crying, saying how much he loved her and how betrayed he felt. I then proceeded home to try and process this entire morning.

My conclusion is that some things are better left alone.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Whomever they hired to write her dialogue should be fired for how hurtful it is. If you're coaching someone you never mention how much you suck compared to your opponent that's just rude.
What she really should of said is " dont worry, you did good, just try harder!" Or " you can do it!"

She is really the worst coach ever. That would be like Ash telling his pokemon " come on, you are flopping around like a magikarp!" when his pikachu is getting royaly killed by a pokemon

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Both Kakegurui and Princess Principal ended this week.
Kakegurui's finale was... really bad. Like, Glass Asshole-kun gets a two-parter but the ****ing Council President gets one episode? And her game was just... boring, if it had at least more than ONE SINGLE ROUND, things would have felt tenser, this way, it just feels like an "obligatory match so we can we had it".

Princess Principal though, oh boy, now that's how you do a finale.
It was pretty clear they weren't going to tie all loose ends but the fact they left it open to a possible second season(which I doubt) and make a satisfying final episode makes me really happy. Trying to wrap everything up in one episode would have ended in a complete mess but this way, we get a really nice finale while leaving things open.
And I'm really glad that they didn't dance around my lesbians like Izetta did last year. We got "turtledoves" and those LEWD handholdings.
"Floor it"
Also, Zelda was a great villain and I hope S2 happens just so I can get more of her

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
But I feel bad about beating ya now Praline, I didnt mean for it to be a murder. You deserve at least some wins
My neighbor's kid is making a song for his soon to be ex-girlfriend to, "ensure we never get back together again". They broke up once already, mind you. Normally I'd back out of situations like that because its none of my business nor do I want it to be, but I decided to nose in a little. Turns out his soon to be ex-girlfriend had another boyfriend. So I casually asked her about the other kid and it turns out they didn't get back together to begin with.

So I decided that, since I went this far, might as well pop the news on the kid. Told him what she said and he broke down crying, saying how much he loved her and how betrayed he felt. I then proceeded home to try and process this entire morning.

My conclusion is that some things are better left alone.
Id watch that movie for a good laugh

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
But I feel bad about beating ya now Praline, I didnt mean for it to be a murder. You deserve at least some wins

Id watch that movie for a good laugh
I thought after facing that DJ guy that you couldn't be much better than him, but ****.

It was like if Yamcha fought against Freiza... I had no chance.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I thought after facing that DJ guy that you couldn't be much better than him, but ****.

It was like if Yamcha fought against Freiza... I had no chance.
If it makes you feel better Shadow Mewtwo kicks my ass all the time so that would be the equivalent of Freiza kicking Yamcha only to get his ass killed by Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom