• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So...We haven't gone over this in a while but current wishlist for future/upcoming titles?

3DS
-I wonder...
-Pokemon Ultra Moon (on the fence tbh, definitely not getting both versions this time)

Switch
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Rocket League
-Skyrim (been feeling this game more and more despite already owning it for PS3)
-Metroid Prime 4
-Pokemon Switch
3DS:
Metroid: Samus Returns
Probably going to end up skipping Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon this time around.

Switch:
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
L.A. Noire - Never played the original, but playing it on the Switch would be pretty neat.
Metroid Prime 4
Gone from a 'Very likely' on Fire Emblem Warriors to a 'maybe.'
Skyrim suffers from the symptoms of "what platform should I get it on," but the Switch version is probably the one I'll go for.
Pokkén is very likely
Rayman Legends is just as likely too.

I'd say that's my wishlist for recent Nintendo platforms.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So...We haven't gone over this in a while but current wishlist for future/upcoming titles?

3DS
-I wonder...
-Pokemon Ultra Moon (on the fence tbh, definitely not getting both versions this time)

Switch
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Rocket League
-Skyrim (been feeling this game more and more despite already owning it for PS3)
-Metroid Prime 4
-Pokemon Switch
This is my current wishlist thus far:

3DS:
-Layton's Mystery Journey
-Pokemon Ultra Sun (though I still want more info about the game first before finalizing my purchase)

Switch:
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Fire Emblem Warriors
-Fire Emblem Switch
-Kirby
-Pokemon Switch
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (not sure if I'll be purchasing it on the day of launch though)
-BlazBlue

D

Deleted member

Hmmm...

3DS

Metroid: Samus Returns

Switch

Bloodstained (I might consider it depending on how it runs on Switch. Otherwise, I might get it on PS4.)
Dragon Quest XI (See above.)
Fire Emblem (Mainline + Warriors)
Kirby
Metroid Prime 4
Rayman Legends
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Yoshi

Those are all the upcoming 3DS and Switch games that I am at least mildly interested in that come to mind at the moment. And yes, I'm still alive. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I want Metroid and Pokeeemon and No More Shovels Miami.

But not US&M. I'm not falling for your tricks this time Game Freak.

I will also buy FE (not Warriors) because it's been a long time since I last fought in the waifu wars and maybe Kirby depending on how angry he is on the boxart. Also I haven't played a game in either series for a while.

I don't have much interest in Odyssey which makes me think I've finally become a cynical old lady who hates fun. And I wasn't expecting that to happen for like two or three more years. Buuuuut I probably will end up getting it... because you can't not have it.

Oh and Owlboy. I still want that.

I also would've bought GTAV even with that $10 Switch tax and even though I already have it for PS4, but we're getting L.A. Noire instead so **** it I guess I'll pass. :/

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

3DS
-I wonder...

Switch
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Rocket League
-Metroid Prime 4
-Pokemon Switch
3DS
Metroid
Not sure if I'll pick up Poke this time at all.

Switch
XC2
Odyssey
MP4
Kirby
Yoshi
Pokemon Switch
Steamworld Dig 2
Worms WMD

I'm sure there will be others sprinkled in there as time goes on.

Hello, lady Cyn Cyn . How are you this evening?
I am having a superb evening. Off work in 20 mins. *yay dance*

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We've just had an 8 point earthquake hit Mexico.

Mexico, my prayers are with you.

But our Mexican users, please post so we know you're safe.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We've just had an 8 point earthquake hit Mexico.

Mexico, my prayers are with you.

But our Mexican users, please post so we know you're safe.
Holy crap! God is ****in pissed! Way to go humanity you ruined everything!

Seriously though all my thoughts and prayers go out to all of you who are effected by this.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That Jaden Smith anime has a painfully generic artstyle.

And like the others have said, try to stay safe everybody. With both Hurricanes and earthquakes, things are looking pretty dangerous.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
In movie news!

You guys may or may not have already heard this one. Colon Trevorrow has stepped down, or been fired, from the director chair of Star Wars Episode IX. This is pretty strange especially since both the directors of the Han Solo movie recently stepped down, and the fact that Josh Trank was in line to direct in before Fant4stic happened. So, either this is a sign that Lucasfilm is being VERY careful with their properties or they're extremely hard to work with.

Also, the distribution rights for the James Bond 007 franchise is up for grabs after Sony's contract expired with 2015's Spectre. For those of you that don't know Bond is co-owned by Eon Productions and Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer but they don't do distribution. They find partners for that. Well, the bidding for the rights of distribution, get this, is for one singular movie. How much is that one movie distribution worth? Between 2 and 6 billion dollars. In the bidding for the rights are Universal, 20th Century Fox, Sony, Warner Bros., Annapurna, um, Apple, and Amazon...
Yep. Right now Warner Bros. Is in the lead but Apple and Amazon has said they're willing to pay more than Warner Bros. for the rights.

Jordan Vogt-Roberts, famous for Kong: Skull Island and blowing up on CinemaSins still continues to push for his Metal Gear Solid movie. He says that the reason Video Game movies are bad is because the people who make it are more obsessed with it feeling like a video game. He says they don't understand that tone goes a long way and that the tone between the game and the movie can be the same and coexist without cannibalizing the other. In all honesty, if he gets to make his vision of the Metal Gear Solid movie it'll probably be the first really good VG movie ever.

Thought I'd share these with you guys since I found it all super interesting.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
That 8.4 earthquake sure sounds nasty, but the 1985 catastrophe (kinda eerie because it happened near the 32nd anniversary of that) taught them how to be ready.

El Méxicano se ríe de su mala suerte: My feed is filled with quake memes now.

Checking National News for serious updates.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The world is doomed.
I dunno, doesn't look so bad, though I watched it muted
"Jaden Smith's anime series" is the part that worries me though

3DS
-I wonder...

Switch
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Rocket League
-Metroid Prime 4
-Pokemon Switch
3DS:
-Etrian Odyssey V

Switch:
-lol if i have money
-i guess pokken or smth
-i just want my masochistic anime dungeon crawler

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Switch:

• Super Mario Odyssey
  • One Piece Unlimited World Red Deluxe
  • Rocket League
  • Skyrim
  • Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
  • Brawlout
And the "maybe" tier, depending on how they all turn out:

• Kirby
  • Yoshi
  • FE
  • XC2
  • MP4
  • Pokémon
  • SMT V
  • Octopath Traveler
As for the 3DS, I guess only DQ XI is on my list (I plan on getting both this and the PS4 version if they all come west)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
One of my friends saw that I had the Undertale radio station mod on Fallout 4 and told me I have problems.

*looks at avatar*

Yeah...

I really hate that hat though.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh whoops I forgot Pokken on my Switch list. That too.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As far as the 3DS goes, I'm mainly looking forward to Metroid: Samus Returns, though I've been meaning to pick up Kirby Planet Robobot. My backlog is big enough as it is, between Kid Icarus Uprising, Pokemon Y, Fire Emblem Fates, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Dragon Quest VIII.

For the Switch, I'm looking forward to Super Mario Odyssey, Sonic Forces, the new Kirby and Metroid Prime games, Yooka Laylee, No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (even if I still need to beat the first two), plus anything to do with the Virtual Console or Platinum Games.

Also, I haven't played LA Noire or Skyrim before, so I'm tempted to pick them up for the Switch.

IronTed

Smash Ace
For me, 3DS-wise it's just Samus Returns, probably the only game I'll be picking up this year. Maybe Ultra Sun, maybe.

Switch-wise, at least ignoring the plethora of digital titles that I don't know about:
Mario+Rabbids
Super Mario Oddysey
Metroid Prime 4
Pokemon

Anything else really depends. I initially wanted ARMS and Pokken, but now I'm holding off. Fighting games without others to play with just aren't that fun for me. Smash has always been the exception though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just came back from the Cuphead page on KnowYourMemes.

I think I lost some brain cell by reading what some video game journalist have to say on the game. Especially coming from someone who couldn't finish the freaking tutorial.

I wasn't too big on video game journalist before, but now, I think I'm definily going to stop take anything they say seriously. I like my brain ya know?

IronTed

Smash Ace
So apparently Capcom shipped 300,000 copies of Monster Hunter XX for Switch to Japan and Asia, which puts the combined total at 2 million now. The test has been passed it seems, now for RER.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I think this is an outright confirmation that these are all of the Awakening characters we'll be getting. They wouldn't do a "here's everyone" style trailer if it wasn't, well, everyone.

So RIP people like Tharja, Virion, and maybe Adult Tiki too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The only new game I'm REALLY looking forward to for the rest of the year is Samus Returns.

MvCi is a maybe, but its roster is almost as bad as MSHvSF. Again, if it gets an Ultimate Edition or worthwhile DLC, I'll consider it. DBFZ, is a game I'm really hoping to get my hands on.

Staarih

Smash Master
I really wish they'd step up with Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon promotion (and new info), the games have like zero hype around them and they're coming out in a few months. I'm excited, because Pokémon, but still.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Hayabusa, Achilles, and Oda. Mind you I haven't played Orochi 3 since it originally released. Meaning no Hyper or Ultimate characters. No specific reason?
Nah not really. Just wanted to make small talk. Shinobi of the Dragon Clan, Greek Hero of the Trojan War, and the fearsome Demon King huh? Not bad.

Though if you've only played the vanilla version, then damn. You're missing out on characters such as Tamamo, Kyubi and even more stupid weapon attributes to make weapons go beyond ridiculous. :p

Bold = Guaranteed / High Priority
Normal = Maybe / Medium Priority
Italic = Not completely sold on / Low Priority

Anyways, if I were to repurchase the 3DS, which I might...

- Etrian Odyssey (I up to V whole package) - The series look interesting to get into.
- Fire Emblem Echoes
-
Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time + Majora's Mask)
-
Mario & Luigi (Dream Jam + Paper Jam Bros)
- Persona 5Q
-
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
- Project X Zone (1 + 2)
- Shin Megami Tensei (IV +
Devil Survivor)
- Super Smash Bros. 3DS
- Tales of the Abyss
- Xenoblade Chronicles

And while I don't see myself getting the Switch yet...

- Fire Emblem (Switch Title + Warriors)
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
-
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
- New Shin Megami Tensei Title
- New Tales Title
-
Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada
-
Sonic Mania
- Super Bomberman R
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (But of course, I obviously won't touch it until I get 1 and X over with.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just came back from the Cuphead page on KnowYourMemes.

I think I lost some brain cell by reading what some video game journalist have to say on the game. Especially coming from someone who couldn't finish the freaking tutorial.

I wasn't too big on video game journalist before, but now, I think I'm definily going to stop take anything they say seriously. I like my brain ya know?
I saw the video on Tumblr
It was so painful that my grandchildren will feel the pain I felt by watching that video.

On the other hand, I like to believe the video was done on purpose because my eyes can't believe someone would play a game that badly

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

I think this is an outright confirmation that these are all of the Awakening characters we'll be getting. They wouldn't do a "here's everyone" style trailer if it wasn't, well, everyone.

So RIP people like Tharja, Virion, and maybe Adult Tiki too.
That'd be so stupid if that were the case. It'd mean 99% of magic would be lumped onto Robin whereas a second lance Pegasus rider warrior was obviously neccesary and Sakura used her secondary weapon just to crawl in with her ****sister

I truly hope Shadow Dragon gives us good characters because even Smash Brothers has a better Fire Emblem roster than this ****fest of Fates futilities

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Skyrim for Switch would be a guaranteed purchase if it came out 5 years ago. But it didn't and I've played the game to absolute death. Fantastic game but I have no interest in returning.

Odyssey, Prime 4 are guaranteed buys. Pokken is a maybe if the demo holds up.

Only games I own thus far are MK8DX, Mario + Rabbids (though I've completed it already) and BOTW.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Jordan Vogt-Roberts, famous for Kong: Skull Island and blowing up on CinemaSins still continues to push for his Metal Gear Solid movie. He says that the reason Video Game movies are bad is because the people who make it are more obsessed with it feeling like a video game. He says they don't understand that tone goes a long way and that the tone between the game and the movie can be the same and coexist without cannibalizing the other. In all honesty, if he gets to make his vision of the Metal Gear Solid movie it'll probably be the first really good VG movie ever.

Thought I'd share these with you guys since I found it all super interesting.
I was hesitant, even though I personally enjoyed Kong Skull Island, but than I read about this:
In interviews, Vogt-Roberts had repeatedly expressed his passion for video games, and for the Metal Gear series in particular, and had previously met with Hideo Kojima to discuss the making of the film. Vogt-Roberts explained how he invited potential screenplay writers to his house to play several Metal Gear games, and noted the difficulty in keeping the game's tone for the film, as well as acknowledging the generally poor critical reception of previous film adaptations of video games.
This guy is definitely passionate and making sure he and his staff know their stuff. The fact that he met with Kojima to discuss it is definitely another point. At the very least, even if it's not "the best", I can at least see it being very decent if this guy knows what he's doing.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That'd be so stupid if that were the case. It'd mean 99% of magic would be lumped onto Robin whereas a second lance Pegasus rider warrior was obviously neccesary and Sakura used her secondary weapon just to crawl in with her ****sister

I truly hope Shadow Dragon gives us good characters because even Smash Brothers has a better Fire Emblem roster than this ****fest of Fates futilities
99% of the magic is on Robin?

Did you forget Leo and Elise exist or something? Or that someone like Merric is still possible for Shadow Dragon?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I really wish they'd step up with Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon promotion (and new info), the games have like zero hype around them and they're coming out in a few months. I'm excited, because Pokémon, but still.
I have a feeling they'll start doing more promotion for USUM after Samus Returns releases...Nintendo's been pushing Metroid pretty hard for the 3ds the past few weeks, and after that releases, USUM will be the next big release for the 3DS going into the holiday...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No I didn't, which is why it wasn't 100%.
I know Merric is still possible but I'm not optimistic about it.
1/3 isn't even close to 99%. It's literally a third of that.

Plus I don't get how you can say Smash has a better Fire Emblem roster when...

1) Besides Ike and Roy, all Smash Fire Emblem characters are IN Warriors
2) Smash doesn't have any Fire Emblem lance, axe, or bow users
3) Smash lacks any of the series's Archers, Cavaliers, Pegasus Knights, Wyvern Riders, Swordmasters, or Clerics, despite all of those being staples of the series

Unless the Ike/Roy circlejerk is even stronger than I thought, I'm not sure how you can say Smash's Fire Emblem roster is worse than Warriors when the latter covers more iconic series archetypes, has all major weapon types present, and, you know, includes all but two of the ones on the Smash roster anyway.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
1/3 isn't even close to 99%. It's literally a third of that.

Plus I don't get how you can say Smash has a better Fire Emblem roster when...

1) Besides Ike and Roy, all Smash Fire Emblem characters are IN Warriors
2) Smash doesn't have any Fire Emblem lance, axe, or bow users
3) Smash lacks any of the series's Archers, Cavaliers, Pegasus Knights, Wyvern Riders, Swordmasters, or Clerics, despite all of those being staples of the series

Unless the Ike/Roy circlejerk is even stronger than I thought, I'm not sure how you can say Smash's Fire Emblem roster is worse than Warriors when the latter covers more iconic series archetypes, has all major weapon types present, and, you know, includes all but two of the ones on the Smash roster anyway.
Nah, I don't really care for Ike nor Roy, but for the relatively small amount of characters Smash still manages to get as much games represented as possible while chucking in references to a lot of Awakening fan favorites as Lucina palette swaps.

Compared to that, Fire Emblem Warriors, which does have the space to get more bases covered, chooses to include each and every Nohr royal despite classes overlapping with other characters and resorting to secondary weapons.

Awakening's characters are picked much better, but I still miss the somewhat less obvious characters or even fan favorites not neccesarily tied to plot (Although Cordelia is exactly that)

I should've made that clear without resorting to salt-powered hyperboles

D

Deleted member

chooses to include each and every Nohr royal despite classes overlapping with other characters and resorting to secondary weapons.
I've been giving this game **** since the "we don't want too many sword users" interview but there is literally no class any of the Nohr royals have that overlaps with another character.
Hell, the only class overlapping so far(if you don't count all the "Lord"s as one class) is the two Pegasus Riders and that's on Cordelia and Hinoka.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think the main problem with choosing the roster is that you are unable to not alienate the fanbase in some way.

1: If you tried to represent all the games, it feels mandatory to pick the lords from those games in which you'd have:
Marth
Alm
Celica
Sigurd
Seliph
Leif
Roy
Eliwood
Hector
Lyn
Ephraim
Eirika
Ike
Micaiah
Chrom
Robin
Lucina
Corrin
That's literally 18 characters already. Add in the 2 main characters for Warriors and that's 20 characters. And 17 of them wield swords. Basically, that gives very little room for side characters except for some of the more popular ones AND that makes the majority of the roster sword-users. And if you were to include the Royals and Azura from Fates, that's another 9 characters, meaning 29 characters with 19 Sword wielders.
Already the number of weapon wielders that aren't swords already pales in comparison to the ones who wield swords. And you are alienating the fanbase for not including characters that aren't main characters. And if you left out the Royals in favor of more popular characters, you're alienating the fans of the Royals who were left out.

2: If you tried to represent the more known games rather than all the games, that allows room for some of the non-main characters, but already you're going to alienate the fans of any of the games that are left out. Also, while it allows some of the non-main characters to be added in, you're still not going to get alot depending on how many of the games you add in, especially if you add the ones with multiple main characters, like Blazing Sword, Awakening and Fates. Using the more known series, you'd get:
Marth
Roy
Lyn
Hector
Eliwood
Ike
Chrom
Robin
Lucina
Corrin
So 10 characters, not including Royals. 12 including the 2 Warriors characters. Which would mean you'd have enough for at least 10-13 more characters. Adding the Royals would mean 9 more characters, meaning 1-4 characters left. That's still pretty limiting and basically, you're still alienating a set of fans for whichever non-main character didn't get in. And once again, the fans of the Royals if any of them are left out.

Than we have our scenario, which is the focus on 3 games, Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates. And as seen here, already the fanbase of the left out games are getting alienated for the focus on these games. We haven't seen the full roster yet and there is a possibility of seeing a character from another game, but even then, you're going to have some people complain if their favourite character doesn't get added.

Either way, the main idea is that no matter which option they chose, they were going to be alienating a part of the fanbase regardless. We haven't seen the full roster yet and DLC is a certainty, but regardless, people are going to complain.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nah, I don't really care for Ike nor Roy, but for the relatively small amount of characters Smash still manages to get as much games represented as possible while chucking in references to a lot of Awakening fan favorites as Lucina palette swaps.

Compared to that, Fire Emblem Warriors, which does have the space to get more bases covered, chooses to include each and every Nohr royal despite classes overlapping with other characters and resorting to secondary weapons.

Awakening's characters are picked much better, but I still miss the somewhat less obvious characters or even fan favorites not neccesarily tied to plot (Although Cordelia is exactly that)

I should've made that clear without resorting to salt-powered hyperboles
Having characters tied to the plot makes sense now that we know about History Mode, IMO. Do I think having every single Nohrian and Hoshidan royal is excessive? Yeah, but not necessarily unwarranted.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I've been giving this game **** since the "we don't want too many sword users" interview but there is literally no class any of the Nohr royals have that overlaps with another character.
Hell, the only class overlapping so far(if you don't count all the "Lord"s as one class) is the two Pegasus Riders and that's on Cordelia and Hinoka.

I meant those two, though the several horses and swords could apply to this as well

Having characters tied to the plot makes sense now that we know about History Mode, IMO. Do I think having every single Nohrian and Hoshidan royal is excessive? Yeah, but not necessarily unwarranted.
Not unwarranted, but it feels they're having all of them for the sake of having all of them considering some playstyles aren't really unique to them nor are they the most popular from said class.

I get Xander and Ryoma for being main characters
I get Takumi and Camilla for being fan favorites with unique playstyles. I would raise an eyebrow if there were Archers and Wyvern Riders in the game but not them.
I get Leo for being a Dark Mage, although he's not the most popular of the Dark Mages and Dark Mage isn't the most neccesary class to represent.
I don't really get the rest appearing, Fates already has quite a bit of characters and both Awakening, Fates and other games that would make for amazingly pleasant surprises with the same classes (or if we want to truly make the Nohr royals the scapegoats, there'd be more interested classes in there as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom