• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have beaten Halo 5 on Legendary.

I have now beaten every single Halo game in existence on Legendary difficulty, solo.

I would say that the hardest was Halo 2 and the easiest was Halo 4. But Halo 5 gets a special mention for the most cancerous Hunters and Knights out of them all. But in order from hardest to easiest....

Halo 2, Halo CE, Halo 5, Halo Reach, Halo ODST, Halo 3, Halo 4

Overall, I'm feeling good. I'm all set for Halo 6.

D

Deleted member

Anybody who says Poe isn't the most relatable character ever written in any piece of media is a dirty liar
U3GlqBM_d.png

Also, Ranpo continues to prove why he's the best in this chapter

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Anybody who says Poe isn't the most relatable character ever written in any piece of media is a dirty liar
View attachment 132530
Also, Ranpo continues to prove why he's the best in this chapter

Corvids are the most intelligent birds, and that entire explanation is beautiful.

Of course, it still kinda makes me think of this:

upload_2017-9-7_19-1-50.jpeg

TBH she probably had whoever was in charge of her living situation tell her to take it back where she got it or something. I can't imagine any other logical explanation.

D

Deleted member

Remember my Moon Nuzlocke? Neither did I!
The Electric Trial is easy, I should be fin--
It was a Mud-Slap.
A critical Mud-Slap.
From the Charjabug.
Granted, he took a Charge!Spark from Vikavolt but seriously **** paralysis.
Thankfully, Joseph landed a critical Rock Tomb on it, it survived but the Charjabug thought it was a good idea to paralyse him, say hello to his Facade, ***** B^)

Rip Trand aka the only one in this ****ing team who could look at a rock without dying
Next: ****ing Guzma is prolly gonna murder everyone in my team

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Come to think of it, Star vs. and Gravity Falls both started out on Disney Channel rather than XD.

Part of me wishes they remained there instead of moving, though they still air re-runs on Disney Channel every now and then (it's mostly Star that'll show up now, with Gravity Falls having ended over a year ago).

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have beaten Halo 5 on Legendary.

I have now beaten every single Halo game in existence on Legendary difficulty, solo.

I would say that the hardest was Halo 2 and the easiest was Halo 4. But Halo 5 gets a special mention for the most cancerous Hunters and Knights out of them all. But in order from hardest to easiest....

Halo 2, Halo CE, Halo 5, Halo Reach, Halo ODST, Halo 3, Halo 4

Overall, I'm feeling good. I'm all set for Halo 6.
Halo 3: ODST is so many leagues above the rest of the games in the franchise that it's actually funny. Especially considering it's budget. They're all good, maybe besides 5, but damn ODST is such a masterpiece. Reach is also super great.

Also, the Halo Wars series is worth looking into. Haven't played the second one but the first is outstanding.
So Im getting Monster Hunter Stories, who wants to be my first monster
I'll take it!

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Halo 3: ODST is so many leagues above the rest of the games in the franchise that it's actually funny. Especially considering it's budget. They're all good, maybe besides 5, but damn ODST is such a masterpiece. Reach is also super great.
I like Reach the most out of all the Halo games. ODST is a great game too but I have a very memorable gaming history with Reach.
Also, the Halo Wars series is worth looking into. Haven't played the second one but the first is outstanding.
I've heard of Halo Wars but I've no real idea on what it is. I'll look into it sometime. Although my next purchase is already filled, and money's tight.

Seriously, go asleep

No one is alliwed to take my Typo Master title

that, and being without sleep is unhealthy
For the record, none of this post was meant to intentionally be typo ridden to prove a point.

I literally just realized how bad it is. ****

also, reminder that everyone looks good in a suit, and that suits are the best

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There was a problem fetching the tweet

The world is doomed.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So...We haven't gone over this in a while but current wishlist for future/upcoming titles?

3DS
-I wonder...
-Pokemon Ultra Moon (on the fence tbh, definitely not getting both versions this time)

Switch
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Rocket League
-Skyrim (been feeling this game more and more despite already owning it for PS3)
-Metroid Prime 4
-Pokemon Switch

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So...We haven't gone over this in a while but current wishlist for future/upcoming titles?

3DS
-I wonder...
-Pokemon Ultra Moon (on the fence tbh, definitely not getting both versions this time)

Switch
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Rocket League
-Skyrim (been feeling this game more and more despite already owning it for PS3)
-Metroid Prime 4
-Pokemon Switch
3DS:
Pokémon Ultra Moon

Switch:
Super Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem Warriors
Fire Emblem Switch
Pokémon Switch

Half of my Switch wish list is just in the "nebulously vague concept" stage though. :p

3DS
-I wonder...

Switch
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Rocket League
-Metroid Prime 4
-Pokemon Switch
I sort of need this because I have no idea what I want

XC2
Mario Odyssey
Dynasty Warriors Empire 8
Yooka Laylee
Samus Returns
Prime 4
Pikmin 4
Sonic Forces
Mania already released, but still on the list
Project Octopath

FE Switch depends on what it is, WWE 2k18 depends on a few random factors

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hm...

Just out of curiosity, who were your three mains in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate if I may ask NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy ?
Hayabusa, Achilles, and Oda. Mind you I haven't played Orochi 3 since it originally released. Meaning no Hyper or Ultimate characters. No specific reason?
Switch
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Prime 4
  • Xenoblade 2
  • Kirby
  • Yoshi
  • The inevitable 2D Mario
  • Maybe Skyrim
  • Pokken DX
  • Rayman Legends Definitive Edition
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Fire Emblem Switch
I'm only looking forward to one 3DS game and it's coming out in about a week so.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

3DS
-I wonder...

Switch
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Rocket League
-Metroid Prime 4
-Pokemon Switch
Just Switch for me

- Fire Emblem Warriors (waiting for Shadow Dragon cast to see if I get hype)
- Xenoblade 2 (probably gonna not have a hype train, get it anyway, and put 150 + hours into it)
- Sonic Forces (hype train initiated but wary of people pelting trash at it, waiting to see where I can get the retailer-exclusive bonus)
- Terraria (I've bought it several times but most of those platforms I no longer have ready access to and playing with a trackpad is awful)
- Skyrim? (Artstyle really isn't my thing but everything else I hear about it is. Popping in on a stream for a minute wasn't super interesting but I'm pretty sure they were just doing errands, trailers are boring for nearly every game anyway. Want someone to sell me on it.)
- Kirby Switch (maybe)
- Pokemon Switch (Very probably)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Coricus Coricus
If you're not sold on Skyrim right now you probably never will be. You're literally dropped into a world after the opening where you go around fighting dragons and other enemies and doing quests. That's about it. If you want my opinion, I'd say the game is good, but not the game if the decade as it's been touted for a while as. It's not a game that I can put hours and hours into like some people but when I had it on Xbox 360 I'd pop in, do a quest or two, and hop out. On Switch that's actually an ideal way to play so it fits me pretty well. Others, I'm not so sure.

Oblivion is still the ****ing op og. That game's the ****.

Morrowind is pretty great too.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Coricus Coricus
If you're not sold on Skyrim right now you probably never will be. You're literally dropped into a world after the opening where you go around fighting dragons and other enemies and doing quests. That's about it. If you want my opinion, I'd say the game is good, but not the game if the decade as it's been touted for a while as. It's not a game that I can put hours and hours into like some people but when I had it on Xbox 360 I'd pop in, do a quest or two, and hop out. On Switch that's actually an ideal way to play so it fits me pretty well. Others, I'm not so sure.

Oblivion is still the ****ing op og. That game's the ****.

Morrowind is pretty great too.
. . .You know, I think my dilemma is because I've seen functionally nil of the actual gameplay. Brief combat flashes in a trailer and watching a guy at a crafting table have been the wrong way to approach getting a feel for it however I slice it. The way you put it, I've figured out the best approach would probably be to just look up footage of how the game starts. I played BotW for 200 hours, I have no problem being plunked into a world.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Skyrim is great. I put lots of hours into it and sessions were either just doing one or two quests or I'd play it for several hours nonstop. That being said, I spent more hours playing Oblivion and I've still got a lot more left to do in that game than in Skyrim. My biggest problem with Skyrim though is a lack of real quests. In an effort to make every playthrough unique, most sidequests were made radiant quests, which just involve going to a random location, grabbing this or killing that and returning. Oblivion's sidequests had a lot more variety and some felt like their own self contained story. I do think Skyrim was much easier to get started with though and has the benefit of coming after, so looks damn sexy and feels more immersive. Not to mention, the levelling system is less wack. Getting too good at Oblivion too quickly can make some parts of the game near impossible.

Then there's Morrowind, which I wanted to like but why the **** would Bethesda put in accuracy. Spending several hours to become competant enough to kill the weakest enemies because 1 in every 100 attacks actually lands a hit is not my idea of fun. Also the lack of levelled enemies is pure bull****. Being told to go to a place with high level enemies early into the game or in some cases, just walking into an end game level zone ruins much of the experience.

All being said, I think both Oblivion and Skyrim deserve all the accolades they received. Neither is perfect but I feel hitting the right balance between the two would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom