• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I read a chapter of a book a couple days ago that pinned the blame on 9-11 on the designer of the building using principles from Islam and copying the shape of Mecca.

Discomfort at the loss of so many lives being reduced to a design analysis aside, if that's enough to provoke them I don't even want to know what breaking the cardinal rule would do.
If I remember correct, the designer of WTC was a Japanese... so... what?

Man, I really want to try out Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

This video is not only funny but also interesting that the tower in the video is actually a real building in my country Taipei 101, no doubt.
People also love the new SMG4 character Meggy, she's the Inkling btw.

I know most people don't really enjoy Haedox review videos. But to be frank he was actually one of the few Youtubers who were negative about Switch but I can still swallow his opinions (Probably because he really point out concerns and not like many others who just blantly made up facts). After the Switch's success his negative Switch video labeled "OUTDATED" in the video title which I him a thumbs up and then a salute with that. You don't see much Youtuber who do stuffs like this, most just don't update it, or even private the video. Or... even worse, become silent on opinions of Switch and just wait for any negative things for Switch and then just point out those reasons. It is rare for Youtubers like Haedox to post an update video on admitting his false predictions. And it's not like I'm gonna flag or mock his incorrect prediction, like I said I was fine with his past Switch videos anyway.
I also need to point out one more time I am going to be more strict on Switch, yes, I am more of the opposite the more success of a console the more harsh and critic you should be. They got to make more Switches before holiday, and fix their crappy online feature etc. Also a web browser and I can be happy.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Three weeks later and the Gen 1 icons after:050:still are missing.

@Warchamp7 plz, I miss my :130: :'V

EDIT: Nice, but they are still missing on their section :000:

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
oh a fire emblem warriors poll...well ceada is the only one i think will get in out of thoes characters so defaullted vote is defaulted

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Been listening the the My Hero Academia Season 2 OST recently.

I've become addicted to these two songs:
They're just so great.
The first one makes me laugh when I hear it. It just sounds so silly and fun.
And I love the way Jet Set Run sounds compared to You Say Run.
I love listening to those.

But...
Hiroyuki Sawano, especially Re: Creator's OP, are still the best.
Also Made In Abyss' :"Deep Into Abyss"

D

Deleted member

I'm still excited for Fire Emblem Warriors.

To those who aren't interested I'll honestly say give it time. DLC will give more games time to shine, I guarantee it.
I really hate this argument that is being thrown around.
I shouldn't need DLC to be satisfied with a roster, DLC should be used to make a good roster even better.
Sure, it's subjective, but if you're telling me I'm being ungrateful for not waiting for DLC that I'll have to pay more to get(and buy a game that does not appeal to me), then that's a load of bull****.

People in this thread threw ****, and continue to do so, at SFV for its base roster but if it's with anything FE related it's considered "elitist whining"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Three weeks later and the Gen 1 icons after:050:still are missing.

@Warchamp7 plz, I miss my :130: :'V

EDIT: Nice, but they are still missing on their section :000:
Ok I didn't want to say anything because I didn't know if it was just me that had those missing

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
, but if you're telling me I'm being ungrateful for not waiting for DLC that I'll have to pay more to get(and buy a game that does not appeal to me), then that's a load of bull****.
When did I say that?

My statement wasn't a condemnation of any kind.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I really hate this argument that is being thrown around.
I shouldn't need DLC to be satisfied with a roster, DLC should be used to make a good roster even better.
Sure, it's subjective, but if you're telling me I'm being ungrateful for not waiting for DLC that I'll have to pay more to get(and buy a game that does not appeal to me), then that's a load of bull****.

People in this thread threw ****, and continue to do so, at SFV for its base roster but if it's with anything FE related it's considered "elitist whining"

at no point did anyone say you were ungratefull that seems like something your thinking about yourself seeing as you brought it up unprovoked tho,

and i dont even know why you brought up SFV when you can get every dlc character for free, i dont even like the game and thats still a good thing marvel infinite is the game you should have brought up

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If I remember correct, the designer of WTC was a Japanese... so... what?

Man, I really want to try out Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

This video is not only funny but also interesting that the tower in the video is actually a real building in my country Taipei 101, no doubt.

People also love the new SMG4 character Meggy, she's the Inkling btw.

I know most people don't really enjoy Haedox review videos. But to be frank he was actually one of the few Youtubers who were negative about Switch but I can still swallow his opinions (Probably because he really point out concerns and not like many others who just blantly made up facts). After the Switch's success his negative Switch video labeled "OUTDATED" in the video title which I him a thumbs up and then a salute with that. You don't see much Youtuber who do stuffs like this, most just don't update it, or even private the video. Or... even worse, become silent on opinions of Switch and just wait for any negative things for Switch and then just point out those reasons. It is rare for Youtubers like Haedox to post an update video on admitting his false predictions. And it's not like I'm gonna flag or mock his incorrect prediction, like I said I was fine with his past Switch videos anyway.
I also need to point out one more time I am going to be more strict on Switch, yes, I am more of the opposite the more success of a console the more harsh and critic you should be. They got to make more Switches before holiday, and fix their crappy online feature etc. Also a web browser and I can be happy.
To elaborate on what the book told me, apparently they had, uh. . .worked with the Bin Laden construction company to build a building in the Middle East or something before they worked on the WTC and picked up some inspiration there. I'm a bit fuzzy on remembering the details, but yes the designer was definitely Japanese, he'd just picked up other design ideas working in the Middle East prior.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Impressions for Fire Emblem Warriors aren't looking improved for people here aren't they. I can't say I blame them. I thought FE having a DW combat system would be epic, but even my interest is starting to degrade.

Heck, it's not even because of my skepticism of Koei potentially ****ing up this game anymore. Honestly, it's my overall interest in the Fire Emblem series starting to fade away. And Fire Emblem was a huge part of my teenagehood.

It would totally suck to part away with Fire Emblem but oh well. :ohwell:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We might be a bit burned out on Fire Emblem honestly.

We've had several games announced/released back to back.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The direction Warriors is taking isn't really surprising to me, but I can't say it's not disappointing.

Hopefully the final roster will show more variety and the current Fates/Awakening focus is just for the sake of promotion. It'd be similar to Heroes - the first trailer for that most prominently featured Awakening/Fates characters, but the launch roster was actually quite diverse.

I can hope, at least.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Art for Nephenee and the Black Knight just appeared in the Quick Hero Battle web game for FE Heroes (of which today is the last day; we're only getting the rewards from it because some people ran some scripts to automate the game because of how boring it is):

They look pretty good to me. Looking forward to seeing them in-game.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Art for Nephenee and the Black Knight just appeared in the Quick Hero Battle web game for FE Heroes (of which today is the last day; we're only getting the rewards from it because some people ran some scripts to automate the game because of how boring it is):
Oh, Quick Hero Battles are that bad? Good thing I never bothered with them. :p

Also, best Soldier hype. Guess she's the Tempest reward, then?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

If the Fates games had actually been spaced out instead of all being jumbled together in one release like a Pokemon game I doubt we would have this problem. The difference between Pokemon and Fates was that you can get the full story and experience out if a either version, with Fates if you were a fan you would want to see all sides of the story. In fact, I bought all three of the games asap and made it through Conquest and then got burned it in Birthright.

It's also a matter of a lack of diversity. When you see a Pokemon spinoff game it's never just one generation. It's usually a mixture of all the Pokemon from every generation, wish is fresh and exciting. With Fire Emblem Heroes and Warriors it's been entirely Awakening and Fates in terms of advertising.

They look pretty good to me. Looking forward to seeing them in-game.
Nephenee is bae. Dark Knight and Ike are also bae.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To elaborate on what the book told me, apparently they had, uh. . .worked with the Bin Laden construction company to build a building in the Middle East or something before they worked on the WTC and picked up some inspiration there. I'm a bit fuzzy on remembering the details, but yes the designer was definitely Japanese, he'd just picked up other design ideas working in the Middle East prior.
Nah, I don't really care the legitimacy of this. So move on...

Ivander

Smash Legend

Although this is another good factor, with the fact that we had Warriors, Echoes, Heroes and the Switch title announced back-to-back, I would be lying if I said that antipathy for the focus on the 3DS titles was not another factor. There isn't anything wrong with having a dislike towards the 3DS game focus, but bias towards roster picks is never a good factor to downplay a game's quality. And I bold quality as there is a difference between quality and worth.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh, Quick Hero Battles are that bad? Good thing I never bothered with them. :p

Also, best Soldier hype. Guess she's the Tempest reward, then?
I think it's more likely she'll be on a banner, to be honest. None of the TT reward units so far have had new, unique inheritable skills, but Nephenee comes with the Slaying Lance+; it would be unusual for them to add something like that for free on a limited-availability unit, when they know people will pull for it to complete their +Def Ignis Lukas or whatever.

I'm gonna make a wild prediction and say the Burger King will be the Tempest Trials reward. I dunno why, but I feel like that's something they could do. They're bound to add someone relevant to FE9, the event is named after the chapter in FE9 where you fight him, and they added his theme in the 1.7.0 update... hmm. I mean, I guess Tobin and Clive would suggest that doesn't mean anything, but anyway.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nah, I don't really care the legitimacy of this. So move on...
Sorry, I'm not really comfortable with it either but I'm saddled with it as curriculum which is why I shared. Didn't mean to press anything, just have an impulse to explain things. :urg:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
But the thing about HW is that the first three games it covered were all from 3 different eras/systems, so it kinda felt like making an Old-Middle-New type thing.

With FEW, what we've got is SD, Awakening, and Fates. Awakening and Fates are on the same system, and exist in the same era, so with this game, it feels sort of like an Old-New-New kinda thing.

I feel like it would have been better if they chose to focus on 3 games, but replaced either Awakening or Fates with one of the GBA titles. Because the GBA are sort of the "middle" Fire Emblem games. It would make it feel better, IMO. The game lacks a middleground between the old and new games. That's what feels off about it to me.

I dunno, maybe I'm horribly wrong about this feeling, but I just think that would have been a lot better.
Well, the biggest reason behind that feeling is that Fire Emblem has way more titles. With Hyrule Warriors, it was Old-New-New (with Twilight princess and Skyward Sword even being on the same system) but because there were less titles, it wasn't as noticable.

As for Warriors itself, I'm still excited for the game. Characters like Takumi and Elise look incredibly dope to play as. Only disappointment with the roster (aside from no GBA or SoV characters making an appearance) is that Henry is likely not going to be a playable character and nothing from Shadow Dragon has been revealed aside from Marth and Tiki.

The history mode thing that was shown in the famitsu article also was exactly what I wanted. Really hoping it'll help fill some of my Fire Emblem Crave on the switch while waiting for the 2018 title.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm proud of making this artwork for all the wrong reasons.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sorry, I'm not really comfortable with it either but I'm saddled with it as curriculum which is why I shared. Didn't mean to press anything, just have an impulse to explain things. :urg:
I saw this game's light novel weeks ago in my local bookstore. I really like how the book is just called "Deemo" and no description whatsoever. The artwork is just marvelous.

I know this is a mobile game like VOEZ, and what made me excited is this game is coming to Switch as well.
So far it's only teased in Japan, how we get more info soon.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

I do have to agree with this.

It doesn't help that I seem to be the only person who doesn't care about Warriors, that mobile game or Fates, despite really like earlier games in the series.

Oh well, I got to talk about Mania for a while.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I guess we're getting a 4th Powerpuff Girl (5th if you wanna count Bunny). Because apparently these people didn't see that adding **** was what ruined Fairly Odd Parents.

It'll probably be undone later on.
For some reason - I'm reminded of Tanned Cirno from the new 2hu game.
The PPG reboot is still hideous. I'm staying several tree branches away from that mess.

For me - Fates burned out even before it finally launched in the PAL regions. I got tired of a lot of whining here and there about "Waaah, they changed this," "Waaaah, why are there memes in my Fire Emblem!?" "Just accept the old games are better."

Even when I finally started playing with Birthright, it just didn't feel fun or as captivating as Awakening, and eventually I just gave up midway and over time I just grew more apathetic to the games. I'll accept that they brought in new blood, but Fates is pretty low on the list of my favourite Fire Emblem games. I've been putting it off for backlog reasons and because I haven't played the 3DS that much since I got the Switch, but I hope that Shadows of Valentia can give me as much entertainment as Awakening or Sacred Stones.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Black Knight -> BK -> Burger King

I thought it was more well-known, but eh.
burger_knight_by_aye_oasis-d4bpdgv.png

I wish Oasis_S would post more often...Anyone else remember when BK, Caeda, and Roy were considered to be the most likely newcomers among the four users here who had actually played a Fire Emblem game? :laugh:

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Also we now have 20 characters in FeW

Alblonds
not shareena
lucina
lucinas dad
lucinas aunt
lucinas buttler fred
lucinas mom
lucinas moms clone
Lucinas grand dad
the original faye
lobster guy
his loli sister
his cardboard sister
His screaming pineapple
that guy lobsterman hates
that guys loli sister
that guys book smart brother
that guys hot sister
camilla *BADUM TSST*
corn

and we expect tiki(SD) tharja and azura to show up, so im banking on draug and ceada to be the final 2

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
i could see it having 530 bst giving it an 85 bst boost from its prior evo which would make it more relevant but not make it broken

it would obviously retain its steel/flying type, and keen eye would change into lightning rod (because really its a flying metal bird it kinda is a lightning rod)

going back to my strattalian idea heres the bst stat spread
H.P 80(+15)
ATK 100(+20)
DEF 140(No Change needed)
S.ATK 60(+20)
S.DEF 80(+10)
SPD 90(+20)
for 550 bst(i realize i said 530 before but i miscounted my plan was always to give skarmory an 85 bst boost)
basically putting skarmory's line on the same stat level as volcarona
(Got two quotes here mishmash ed to reply to them together)

Skarmory doesn't need a boost. It's already one of the better Pokemon in the game thanks to its typing and defense making it one of the best physical walls in the game.

What you're proposing is the following:
1) Make it noticeably tankier, especially on the special side
2) Give it a much better ability that changes one of its only 2 weaknesses to an immunity
3) Make it able to hit back a lot harder

Number 2 is especially relevant because it means your proposed pre-evolution would probably not be able to be trapped and KOed by standard Magnezone variants, meaning it no longer needs to run Shed Shell and can use another item instead. Seriously, 252+ Specs Magnezone can't guarantee the 2HKO with Hidden Power Fire. That's absurd.

It's always difficult to argue a defensive Pokemon is broken but I'd wager this would stand a good chance. It would find its way onto most teams that aren't Hyper Offense and would require a team slot dedicated to besting it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a bunch of sickness symptoms but I think most of them are a coincidence and not related

I think my "tickled" throat, swollen feeling eye and headache are from allergies while my stomach ache is just from being sick. Also have a toothache.

Feels related when they hit at the same time so when you look up symptoms online you get like these horrible illnesses that come up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
in other news unless kellam is going to show up i almost 100% certain draug will be a shadow dragon character because we now have confirmation of armor units in few via effective against bonuses
http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-...ots-showing-off-male-corrin-sakura-and-elise/
Keep in mind that in Awakening, Frederick's Great Knight class is both a cavalry class AND an armored class. Also keep in mind that Garon will likely be a villain in story mode, as well as the fact that unless you see an enemy use something like an Armorslayer, Heavy Spear, or Hammer, it could just be a player-only thing.

I'd be a lot more confident in Draug if the roster were bigger, but an armor bonus doesn't confirm him.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Skarm is a physical wall. Asking it to also tank special Attacks is like asking a plumber to fix your television.

And like my great grandma always said, a plumber who can fix televisions are broken and should be nerfed. She would then throw her headset at the wall with great intensity.

True fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom