• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I so need to get to boss of world 3 of M+R quicker (currently on 3-3)

I want to hear the whole Phantom of the Bwahpera song badly.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I guess we're getting a 4th Powerpuff Girl (5th if you wanna count Bunny). Because apparently these people didn't see that adding **** was what ruined Fairly Odd Parents.

It'll probably be undone later on.
This genuinely seems like a 2010's Poochy type of character. Could have been an edgelord, but that's not much better. This is like adding a 5th Ninja Turtle, it don't seem right.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There was a fifth turtle once: Venus de Milo

People hated it
I know. I didn't like it either. It felt forced.

Sometimes I do like new additions to casts, Axl from Mega Man X worked since he filled an archetype that neither Mega Man X or Zero did in terms of personality. MMX is the Stoic Leader/pacifist that fights when needed. Zero was the Tough Guy. Axl was the **** talker. Gameplay wise, X7 was terrible in all aspects, but in X8 he served as the MMX version of Bass.

As for comic books, I liked Tim Drake and Kaine Parker(Scarlet Spider 2) for Batman and Spider-Man respectively for the same reasons. They had different personalities to make them worthwhile.

In Dragon Ball, I don't particularly feel any of the Saiyans after Future Trunks(and by extension, Future Gohan, for the little we saw him.)really stood out either. Kid Trunks, Pan in GT, and Caulifa are bratty. Kale is literally a girl Broly, for better or worse. And Cabba is okay. Goten's lack of screen time is criminal, and this is coming from a guy who's favorites are Gohan and Vegeta.

I like Hit a lot though, since, while he's an assassin, he's shown to have some honor, and likes the fact Goku brought out his joy of fighting.

Anyway, the best way to handle a new Powerpuff girl would if you pulled off the 4 humors theory. 4 Ninja Turtles, 4 pilots for Star Fox, The Fantastic Four.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know. I didn't like it either. It felt forced.

Sometimes I do like new additions to casts, Axl from Mega Man X worked since he filled an archetype that neither Mega Man X or Zero did in terms of personality. MMX is the Stoic Leader/pacifist that fights when needed. Zero was the Tough Guy. Axl was the **** talker. Gameplay wise, X7 was terrible in all aspects, but in X8 he served as the MMX version of Bass.

As for comic books, I liked Tim Drake and Kaine Parker(Scarlet Spider 2) for Batman and Spider-Man respectively for the same reasons. They had different personalities to make them worthwhile.

In Dragon Ball, I don't particularly feel any of the Saiyans after Future Trunks(and by extension, Future Gohan, for the little we saw him.)really stood out either. Kid Trunks, Pan in GT, and Caulifa are bratty. Kale is literally a girl Broly, for better or worse. And Cabba is okay. Goten's lack of screen time is criminal, and this is coming from a guy who's favorites are Gohan and Vegeta.

I like Hit a lot though, since, while he's an assassin, he's shown to have some honor, and likes the fact Goku brought out his joy of fighting.

Anyway, the best way to handle a new Powerpuff girl would if you pulled off the 4 humors theory. 4 Ninja Turtles, 4 pilots for Star Fox, The Fantastic Four.
I like Caulifla because she's kinda hot but I don't like Kale

Cabba is LITERALLY just Tarble except stronger

Edit: Kale to me is literally taking the worst, flanderized traits of Broly and making it into a rule 63 character

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The problem with that is that Blossom is Leo and Don

She's the leader, but she's also the smart one

If you add another smart character, it'd undermine her intelligence and if you add a new leader it'd take away her role

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
A Tropical Storm just formed behind Irma. It's expected to turn into a Hurricane in between 36-48 hours. Expected to hit the American East coast. God help us I don't know when this is going to end...

Also, worth noting that a Tropical Depression, #13, formed in the Gulf of Mexico. It's expected to make landfall within the next few days...

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i know im derailing the convo a bit but eariler i psoted that skkarmory should get a pre evo....now i kinda want it to have an evolution in stead named Strattalion (stratosphere and battalion( because skarmory is sky and armory))
i could see it having 530 bst giving it an 85 bst boost from its prior evo which would make it more relevant but not make it broken

it would obviously retain its steel/flying type, and keen eye would change into lightning rod (because really its a flying metal bird it kinda is a lightning rod)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I like Caulifla because she's kinda hot but I don't like Kale

Cabba is LITERALLY just Tarble except stronger
I keep forgetting Tarble. Probably because he only showed up in like one thing from nearly 10 years ago. Again, the newer Saiyans aren't outright terrible(at least to me). But I can't say I like them nearly as much as Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and F. Trunks.

Goten's got the most potential of them all to be a standout character, but I feel he hasn't done ANYTHING noteworthy on his own. I like how you can see a bit of both Goku and Gohan in him(personality wise). He's not quite as serious as Kid Gohan was, in say the Frieza Saga. But he does have a bit of Goku's bravery, something Gohan had to get during the Saiyan saga(and again, is probably what made him more serious on Namek).

At least Goten works well in a duo with Trunks. Maybe next arc will have some Goten Trunks focus, since we finally get something on Piccolo, Gohan and 17/18.

The problem with that is that Blossom is Leo and Don

She's the leader, but she's also the smart one

If you add another smart character, it'd undermine her intelligence and if you add a new leader it'd take away her role
True. They could off set it by making the new one a rookie in every sense of the word. But this character is likely going to just Poochy it up.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
True. They could off set it by making the new one a rookie in every sense of the word. But this character is likely going to just Poochy it up.
Honestly I think the best they could do for a new character is some kind of rival. Maybe new, lone hero that's as smart as Blossom but as tough as Buttercup but works alone so they need to team up at times

i know im derailing the convo a bit but eariler i psoted that skkarmory should get a pre evo....now i kinda want it to have an evolution in stead named Strattalion (stratosphere and battalion( because skarmory is sky and armory))
i could see it having 530 bst giving it an 85 bst boost from its prior evo which would make it more relevant but not make it broken

it would obviously retain its steel/flying type, and keen eye would change into lightning rod (because really its a flying metal bird it kinda is a lightning rod)
Tauros, Milktank, Scyther, Pinsir

I feel a couple need pre evolutions.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
A Tropical Storm just formed behind Irma. It's expected to turn into a Hurricane in between 36-48 hours. Expected to hit the American East coast. God help us I don't know when this is going to end...

Also, worth noting that a Tropical Depression, #13, formed in the Gulf of Mexico. It's expected to make landfall within the next few days...
I heard jose is meant to go off into the water from another place as ine of its tracks and its been a huricane I believe and Katia is going into mexico.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly I think the best they could do for a new character is some kind of rival. Maybe new, lone hero that's as smart as Blossom but as tough as Buttercup but works alone so they need to team up at times

I don't know, that sounds like it'd get into "edgy" territory way too quick. That, and Princess is the same thing but more evil. Rival characters are rarely done well now.

Mayday Parker's another "new" character I like. She felt like a decent follow up to Peter Parker being Spider-Man. But it was kind of obvious that characters like her can't truly replace the main hero, kind of why Nightwing didn't stay as Batman, despite being the best choice for it. Unless it's a Future timeline hero. Like Miguel O'Hara or Terry McGuinness, again really cool Spider-Men and Batmen.

And then you have Miles and Damien. Miles, who started out okay, but became Wonder Bread boring, despite the fact that they had a perfect fish out of water story for him(and he wins too easily, but that's ALL of Marvel's new heroes). And Damien, who's a douche.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

tauros and miltank should get a shared pre evo as should passimian and oranguru

going back to my strattalian idea heres the bst stat spread
H.P 80(+15)
ATK 100(+20)
DEF 140(No Change needed)
S.ATK 60(+20)
S.DEF 80(+10)
SPD 90(+20)
for 550 bst(i realize i said 530 before but i miscounted my plan was always to give skarmory an 85 bst boost)
basically putting skarmory's line on the same stat level as volcarona

This is like kickign someone when they're down, spitting on them, and then when you assume they dont have anything left they take out a golf club and FORE-ing your head in.

CALM DOWN NATURE

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
This is like kickign someone when they're down, spitting on them, and then when you assume they dont have anything left they take out a golf club and FORE-ing your head in.

CALM DOWN NATURE
What doesnt kill me makes me stronger

bring it, Nature, Ill kick all of your asses

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Someone tell the Atlantic Ocean to chill, I don't wanna see it go all the way to the Greek Alphabet again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Poll title should say Fire Emblem Warriors at the end, but space restriction happened. Give it a minute. :p

Anywho, remember that Strawpoll from a few days ago? I took the top five voted picks and made them the thread poll to see who number one is. This one shouldn't be here too long, comparatively, as we'll know the full launch roster by this month's end.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not following FE:W too much any more, the roster really has been underwhelming to me, and I gotta ask... has there even been a second Shadow Dragon character revealed?

The game just seems like Fire Emblem Fates Warriors ft. Awakening w/ bonus Marth.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not following FE:W too much any more, the roster really has been underwhelming to me, and I gotta ask... has there even been a second Shadow Dragon character revealed?

The game just seems like Fire Emblem Fates Warriors ft. Awakening w/ bonus Marth.
I got to agree with you, but for me that underwhelming bit includes the whole app. I know it is a minority opinion, but it just didn't do it for me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I got to agree with you, but for me that underwhelming bit includes the whole app. I know it is a minority opinion, but it just didn't do it for me.
I haven't even played it tbh. Seems like a good way to getting sucked into all that microtransaction business. Though at least Heroes appears to focus on most eras of the franchise.

FE just isn't my fav Nintendo series. Not that I dislike it or anything, but I get burnt out on it pretty quick, so I only play a FE game every few years. I imagine I'll pick up FE Switch but I skipped Fates... so all this heavy Fates promo I guess makes sense but really does little for me.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
FE just isn't my fav Nintendo series. Not that I dislike it or anything, but I get burnt out on it pretty quick, so I only play a FE game every few years. I imagine I'll pick up FE Switch but I skipped Fates... so all this heavy Fates promo I guess makes sense but really does little for me.
Fates was the only one I have played. It was fun for the most part, but it didn't send me running to go out and buy the others. Really I just wanted to see what the hype was about. I saw it, then moved on. It was mostly @Hong and @Moydow 's discussions that convinced me to check it out. I am glad they did, but it didn't stand out as a series I would seriously follow. However, if a proper title comes out for Switch, like you, I will likely pick it up.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Been listening the the My Hero Academia Season 2 OST recently.

I've become addicted to these two songs:
They're just so great.
The first one makes me laugh when I hear it. It just sounds so silly and fun.
And I love the way Jet Set Run sounds compared to You Say Run.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Unofficially we have Tiki with more confirmed to be on the way.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I lost interest in Fire Emblem Warriors a long time ago tbh...at first I was excited for it, then over time, I couldn't care less about it...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
When does this game come out anyways?

Kind of want it to blow over already. :V
What? FE:W? no idea, I think we are in the dark or at least I am. The JP one comes out soon though. im still pretty excited for it but its like Switch Yooka laylee, the longer we wait, the more I dont care

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm still excited for Fire Emblem Warriors.

To those who aren't interested I'll honestly say give it time. DLC will give more games time to shine, I guarantee it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unofficially we have Tiki with more confirmed to be on the way.
That's something but probably not the Shadow Dragon version though, hey?

How crazy was I at the beginning of this to think the three games would be represented with some degree of parity like Hyrule Warriors? xP

I lost interest in Fire Emblem Warriors a long time ago tbh...at first I was excited for it, then over time, I couldn't care less about it...
I'd like to know which party is the one being so insistent on the overbearing presence of Fates: IS or Nintendo. Because I'd wager Koei Tecmo could probably care less and would opt for more diversity. I'd guess IS given Smash and the fact that, again, HW (which obv they weren't involved with) drew more equally from its represented games.

I'm still excited for Fire Emblem Warriors.

To those who aren't interested I'll honestly say give it time. DLC will give more games time to shine, I guarantee it.
I'll take another look when the DLC is said and done (though that will inflate the cost), but there really wasn't anything stopping them from having more measured representation should they had been inclined, it still would've functioned to promote the newer titles. And it's not like Shadow Dragon doesn't have an interesting cast as well.

When does this game come out anyways?

Kind of want it to blow over already. :V
Doesn't it come out like a week before Odyssey? Seems strange, potentially counterproductive timing if you ask me.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I was about to make a troll post when it hit me.

TES Warriors.

Oh my god I'm going to spam Beth with this ****. It needs to happen. :233:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nah, she's the Shadow Dragon version.

And you act like we won't get any substantial Shadow Dragon stuff.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The game's been going through a specific reveal process. First they announced the two OCs and the five major characters (Marth, Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander). Then they delved into the expanded Awakening cast (Robin, Lucina, Frederick, Lissa, Cordelia). Currently we're on the expanded Fates cast (Takumi, Hinoka, Sakura, Leo, Camilla, Elise). Shadow Dragon will likely get its bulk of reveals in about a week or two.

Right now we pretty much know Tiki will be in as her younger Shadow Dragon self thanks to the amiibo though.

If we don't get Caeda I would probably make Warriors a No-buy. Unless it got super cheap.

Im already super unhappy with the roster since I don't like Fates, but not having ****ing Caeda would be the dumbest thing ever.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

How crazy was I at the beginning of this to think the three games would be represented with some degree of parity like Hyrule Warriors? xP

I'd like to know which party is the one being so insistent on the overbearing presence of Fates: IS or Nintendo. Because I'd wager Koei Tecmo could probably care less and would opt for more diversity. I'd guess IS given Smash and the fact that, again, HW (which obv they weren't involved with) drew more equally from its represented games.

I'll take another look when the DLC is said and done (though that will inflate the cost), but there really wasn't anything stopping them from having more measured representation should they had been inclined, it still would've functioned to promote the newer titles. And it's not like Shadow Dragon doesn't have an interesting cast as well.

Doesn't it come out like a week before Odyssey? Seems strange, potentially counterproductive timing if you ask me.
Thing is given how Hyrule Warriors was handled and centered around three particular games, I'm not really surprised in FEW doing something similar with Awakening and Fates...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
At this point FE:W's situation is "have the Awakening/Fates fans buy the game and let it get buried by Mario Odyssey and then resurface it months later with Ike, Lyn, Roy, etc. DLC to attract new buyers.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Thing is given how Hyrule Warriors was handled and centered around three particular games, I'm not really surprised in FEW doing something similar with Awakening and Fates...
But the thing about HW is that the first three games it covered were all from 3 different eras/systems, so it kinda felt like making an Old-Middle-New type thing.

With FEW, what we've got is SD, Awakening, and Fates. Awakening and Fates are on the same system, and exist in the same era, so with this game, it feels sort of like an Old-New-New kinda thing.

I feel like it would have been better if they chose to focus on 3 games, but replaced either Awakening or Fates with one of the GBA titles. Because the GBA are sort of the "middle" Fire Emblem games. It would make it feel better, IMO. The game lacks a middleground between the old and new games. That's what feels off about it to me.

I dunno, maybe I'm horribly wrong about this feeling, but I just think that would have been a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom