• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So...We haven't gone over this in a while but current wishlist for future/upcoming titles?

3DS
-I wonder...
-Pokemon Ultra Moon (on the fence tbh, definitely not getting both versions this time)

Switch
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Rocket League
-Skyrim (been feeling this game more and more despite already owning it for PS3)
-Metroid Prime 4
-Pokemon Switch
3DS
-Metroid Samus Returns
-Monster Hunter Stories
-Pokémon USUM is a strict maybe at this point as I need to see more.

Switch
-Skyrim
-Mario Odyssey
-Sonic Forces
-Metroid Prime 4
-Fire Emblem Warriors (also a maybe as I'm waiting to see a bit more, but History Mode has got me a bit more interested)
-Sonic Mania
-Dragon Quest XI

Nah, I don't really care for Ike nor Roy, but for the relatively small amount of characters Smash still manages to get as much games represented as possible while chucking in references to a lot of Awakening fan favorites as Lucina palette swaps.
I'm nitpicking here a bit, but the thing with Smash is that it only does it if you consider DLC. Melee and Brawl only had two regions represented in each game, Archanea and either Elibe or Tellius, which is less then what Warriors is starting out with. In Smash 4 the only regions represented on the base roster character-wise was Archanea, Tellius, and Awakening, which is exactly the same amount as Warriors is representing in its base roster. Elibe and Fates were added in later via DLC, but the same seems to be the intent with Warriors as well and more then likely we will see characters like Roy and Ike added in with friends in tow. So at this point, Smash and Warriors are on even ground in terms of the regions they're representing through their characters, DLC may shift it in either's favor, but until we know what Warriors has planned we can't say for certain which one has that favor.

As for extra content, things like alternate costumes and trophies do add more, but the thing is we don't know the full extent of what other representation there is in Warriors. Base HW despite only representing three games character-wise had nods to other games like the Force Gems, MM's moon, and Zelda's WW, so nothing necessarily says that games like SoV and Binding Blade won't get similar nods through other elements such as certain weapons or costumes. For all we know, we could have a Forseti spell obtainable in the game, or a costume that references Tana for Hinoka.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I found this youtube channel that turns popular songs into 8 bit versions... some are really good.

D

Deleted member

We haven't seen the full roster yet and there is a possibility of seeing a character from another game, but even then, you're going to have some people complain if their favourite character doesn't get added.
They flat out said those three games are the only ones being represented.
There's no even a 1% chance of seeing anyone not from a DS a game
I meant those two, though the several horses and swords could apply to this as well
None of those are Nohr royals
Also "horse" is not a class, so far we have Great Knight, Paladin, Dark Knight and Strategist
I get Leo for being a Dark Mage, although he's not the most popular of the Dark Mages and Dark Mage isn't the most neccesary class to represent.
First, Leo isn't a Dark Mage, he's a Dark Knight. And yes, there's a big ****ing difference because DKs can't use Dark Magic.
Second, Dark Mage might as well be the most important class to represent considering EVERY SINGLE GAME has a major villain who's a Dark Mage

Ivander

Smash Legend
They flat out said those three games are the only ones being represented.
There's no even a 1% chance of seeing anyone not from a DS a game
Hyrule Warriors. Villains weren't going to be playable. They flat out said that. They changed their minds when people wanted to play them.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hyrule Warriors. Villains weren't going to be playable. They flat out said that. They changed their minds when people wanted to play them.
Villains in terms of Cia and her squad? Or villains in terms of bad guys?

I'm fairly certain Ganondorf, Zant, and Ghirahim were always meant to be playable.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After a hellish weekend, I can say that things have gotten better. She's actually smiling again and that's enough proof I need that my work here is done. And for all the friends that shown there support (you know who you are), I can't really think you enough.

Now to make the rest of this year worth while. Consider that a promise.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Today there's poster sale in my university.

I wasn't that interested until I saw video game poster, there was a Smash Bros poster which was basically a Wii U poster without the Wii U.
There was also two Overwatch poster, and Splatoon which was sold out when I got there Orz...
I later bought a Super Mario poster as well.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just expenced to worst thing ever yesterday.
I was watching a stream and the mic of the person glitched so hard and a loud screeching sound happen and just from a few seconds of the sound going in my ears, I felt sick to my stomach

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After a hellish weekend, I can say that things have gotten better. She's actually smiling again and that's enough proof I need that my work here is done. And for all the friends that shown there support (you know who you are), I can't really think you enough.

Now to make the rest of this year worth while. Consider that a promise.
Yo, kinda late and out of the loop (tfw no twitter) sorry. But here's my best wishes for her and her full recovery.
You're a good man, Azure, always remember that.
If the summer was the worst, then the winter will be the best.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So, 3 days ago, Ultimecia was confirmed for Dissidia NT.
So now, the only villains left to come back from Dissidia are Cloud of Darkness, Golbez and Gabranth. Here's hoping they do come back, especially Gabranth for Team Ivalice.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think I need to change my mindset for RPGs. Rather than trying to complete them (finish as many sidequests as possible, particularly focusing on things that I know to have a time limit like Aeris's level 4 limit break in Final Fantasy 7 or certain sidequests in Xenoblade Chronicles), I feel like I need to sit down and play through the games without worrying about that sort of thing.

Which one should I start with - Xenoblade Chronicles, Final Fantasy VII, Pokemon Y, or Skyrim?

D

Deleted member

Wait, what are you talki--
Ganondorf, certainly. But Zant and Ghirahim were indeed enemies only until fan feedback.
https://www.gamnesia.com/news/ghira...-in-hyrule-warriors-because-fans-requested-it
What!? I swear I've never seen this interview being mentioned before.
But are we sure it's talking about requests after they were revealed as bosses or just some general fan request like Little Mac in Smash?

I mean, sure they'd already have the movesets mostly done but I'm pretty sure the two were revealed months before the game came out and that's a short time to implement them as playable. Unless making them playable is way easier than I think considering the OC villains didn't take too long to get added in

Well, I'm still not expecting anything, especially since they'd have no resources to work from, and I don't want to set myself up for disappointment
I think I need to change my mindset for RPGs. Rather than trying to complete them (finish as many sidequests as possible, particularly focusing on things that I know to have a time limit like Aeris's level 4 limit break in Final Fantasy 7 or certain sidequests in Xenoblade Chronicles), I feel like I need to sit down and play through the games without worrying about that sort of thing.

Which one should I start with - Xenoblade Chronicles, Final Fantasy VII, Pokemon Y, or Skyrim?
Yeah, I know how that is. I get so sidetracked by sidequests in games I end up forgetting to do the main one and the game starts to feel like a slog.
This happened to me recently with BOTW where I think I took at least 20 hours to gp for the first Divine Beast

Anyways, Pokemon Y since it's the shortest.
After that, FFVII since it's the most plot driven of the four.
XC after that and Skyrim as the last because you WILL get sidetracked in it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Pokemon Y will easily be the shortest. The least to have the impulse to worry about, too.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Gaaah this ******* lives right on the beach. Why the **** is he staying home during the storm, you damn sob
Dude's yolo af.
I would stay in a hurricane zone... if I had a big*** underground bunker.

Also, weather update; weekend is going to be nice in Virginia. The hurricane remains will arrive on Tuesday, leaving some storms and 20 mph winds, nothing extreme.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
its a bad sign when your gf pisses you off to the point you have second thoughts, sure it passes by but **** if I havent thought it.
Dude's yolo af.
I would stay in a hurricane zone... if I had a big*** underground bunker.

Also, weather update; weekend is going to be nice in Virginia. The hurricane remains will arrive on Tuesday, leaving some storms and 20 mph winds, nothing extreme.
Yeah man, he must have some big balls to stay in Florida. And the storm is full blown missing virginia beach, its nuts. It feels so damn good outside right now, almost like the storm never even exsisted. It went from " beware Virginia" to "Its a bright and sunshiny day"

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yo, kinda late and out of the loop (tfw no twitter) sorry. But here's my best wishes for her and her full recovery.
You're a good man, Azure, always remember that.
If the summer was the worst, then the winter will be the best.
Sorry for the late reply. But thanks for the support Mandala. I've tried my hardest to make her more comfortable and recover back to her old self. There's still things to do, but we can make it right.

Definitely not too late to make a good fall and winter (though that creeps into next year).

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wait, what are you talki--

What!? I swear I've never seen this interview being mentioned before.
But are we sure it's talking about requests after they were revealed as bosses or just some general fan request like Little Mac in Smash?

I mean, sure they'd already have the movesets mostly done but I'm pretty sure the two were revealed months before the game came out and that's a short time to implement them as playable. Unless making them playable is way easier than I think considering the OC villains didn't take too long to get added in
It's talking about after they were revealed as bosses. Zant was revealed alongside Lana and Agitha and Ghirahim was revealed either with or shortly after Fi. They were revealed, but were not confirmed playable. It was not until the Nintendo Direct with Ganondorf that they were confirmed playable.
Zant was revealed in June and Ghirahim was revealed in July and Ganondorf was confirmed on the August 4th Direct. If the fan feedback got to them around July, they would've had a month to make them playable in time for the August Direct and for the game. After all, Hyrule Warriors was first released in Japan on August 14th, 10 days after the Direct.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
its a bad sign when your gf pisses you off to the point you have second thoughts, sure it passes by but **** if I havent thought it.

Yeah man, he must have some big balls to stay in Florida. And the storm is full blown missing virginia beach, its nuts. It feels so damn good outside right now, almost like the storm never even exsisted. It went from " beware Virginia" to "Its a bright and sunshiny day"
I'm pretty sure most people in relationships have those thoughts at times when they tick each other off. I'd imagine if you two still care about each other then the relationship is probably sturdy enough to live through it.

I remember someone saying the hurricane might cause rain in Illinois at some point. The track doesn't look like it to me checking, but I remember a big hurricane plowing through the country far enough to be a funky rainstorm all the way where I live before.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I live in South Carolina in a van down by the river and the most I get from hurricanes is usually hard rain. Nothing for me to worry.

But I'm still trying to hold off putting gas in my car but looks like the hurricane isn't going to help gas prices anytime soon.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
When looking up :000: on Bulbapedia I found something cool: There's a guy by the name of TOKIYA who has done artwork for the Pokémon Trading Card Game. On his Twitter account, he made drawing of Missingno. and its forms last year (the normal form is from Red & Green rather than Red & Blue)
It may not be Ken Sugimori, but this is the closest we have ever gotten to official artwork for Missingno.
I don't remember redead aerodactyl and redead kabutops in pokemon red/blue...

****ing gas prices are driving me nuts.

Damn hurricane.
Atleast you live in the US where a tax hike on gas could make viable sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom