• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That is, by far, the ****tiest silver lining I've ever heard.

I even laughed, I won't lie.
Yeah, I live in a sub division directly off of a major road with no sidewalks a good couple of miles from the nearest civilization, in the middle of a hicksville area where I wouldn't place my chips on electronic fueling stations being installed for decades.

"Stop driving cars" isn't really an option where I'm at, everything is way too spread out. If I lived in a city I'd definitely take a crack at it and it's not like I haven't CONSIDERED trying to walk several miles forward and back on the side of a busy road in order to help the environment, but uh

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'm nearing the end of that second Fakedex I started several months ago. I just have the legendaries/mythicals/pseudo-legendary line left to do, which will bring me to 135 Fakemon.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I mean no disrespect to those suffering, by the way.

Its just that gas prices just... They're really ****ing bad.
I'm nearing the end of that second Fakedex I started several months ago. I just have the legendaries/mythicals/pseudo-legendary line left to do, which will bring me to 135 Fakemon.
Has anyone here NOT made a Fakedex? Lol

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Shishœ
Just finish watching Made In Abyss episode 10...
If you don't like or have fear of seeing blood leaking out from a human body, then don't watch it.
This is the episode where we this time see Reg's flaws, sure he is skillful and be able to protect Riko, but he messed up he actually regrets too much where he starts to hesitate or not knowing what to do next.
And NANACHI!!!
I knew they will give Nanachi is voice that sounds similar to Sucy (Or Asui). I don't think but if Nanachi and Sucy does share same VA I won't be surprised.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That is, by far, the ****tiest silver lining I've ever heard.

I even laughed, I won't lie.
I mean, like, I live in Canada... The province full of oil.. and the gas prices here have gone up because of what's happening down in Texas. You try to figure that out.

Seen in the museum in Pewter City.

There are forms of Missingno. where it looks like those fossils and the Lavender Town ghost.
Ah that's why.... I never really went into the museum.

D

Deleted member

"oh man, Arturia has her drop rate up today I hope I get Saber"
Screenshot_20170908-172851.png

THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT GET OUT
@Shishœ
Just finish watching Made In Abyss episode 10...
If you don't like or have fear of seeing blood leaking out from a human body, then don't watch it.
This is the episode where we this time see Reg's flaws, sure he is skillful and be able to protect Riko, but he messed up he actually regrets too much where he starts to hesitate or not knowing what to do next.
And NANACHI!!!
I knew they will give Nanachi is voice that sounds similar to Sucy (Or Asui). I don't think but if Nanachi and Sucy does share same VA I won't be surprised.
This episode is where I slowly started to realise what people meant with "**** gets dark"
I think the best way to describe Made in Abyss is with a rollercoatser
Episodes 1-4 were the line, the "I wanna join this ride" part
Episodes 5-9 is when the ride starts and you're all like "Woohoo it's fun!" even if some stuff is scary
Episode 10 and forward is that part you realise you made a terrible mistake and wanna get off of it but if you do you'll hit the ground at 300km/h so you have to keep going and praying you don't puke

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So...We haven't gone over this in a while but current wishlist for future/upcoming titles?

3DS
-I wonder...
-Pokemon Ultra Moon (on the fence tbh, definitely not getting both versions this time)

Switch
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Rocket League
-Skyrim (been feeling this game more and more despite already owning it for PS3)
-Metroid Prime 4
-Pokemon Switch
Excluding: games that are already out that I have yet to play:
3DS
-Metroid: Samus Returns
-Pokemon Ultra Sun
-Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's minions (Never played the original)
-Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (Same as above)

Switch
-Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Don't have yet, but it's very recent, so I'm counting it)
-Pokken DX
-Fire Emblem (Both Warriors and the unnamed 2018 title)
-Yoshi
-Kirby
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Metroid Prime 4

I feel like I might be forgetting a couple games but for the most part this is pretty accurate.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So for my rpg I decided to make it a bit less of a challenge that any of the 11 mage type characters when they hit a certain level they can gain the ability to use a second element. :p

Ivander

Smash Legend
"oh man, Arturia has her drop rate up today I hope I get Saber"
View attachment 132545
THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT GET OUT
Yeah, you can put him on the bench for a while. At least until he gets his 3rd skill from his Strengthening Quest. Than he becomes a psuedo-Berserker.

I tried to see if I could get Waver. I got Emiya and Sakata Kintoki. Also got a couple Imaginary Elements, which is nice for farming.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, you can put him on the bench for a while. At least until he gets his 3rd skill from his Strengthening Quest. Than he becomes a psuedo-Berserker.

I tried to see if I could get Waver. I got Emiya and Sakata Kintoki. Also got a couple Imaginary Elements, which is nice for farming.
I didn't have enough Saint Quartz for a 10x Summon(had 21 plus two tickets) so I didn't even get a 4*
I got two more ****ing Berserkers because I apparently don't have enough of those(seriously, it's the class I pull the most, do I have some catalyst with me I'm not aware of?), Black Keys, Saber Gilles, Caesar and another Robin Hood(which is good since I'm actually using him).
Also,
Screenshot_20170907-130614.png

Can you guees who's going to be exp fodder for Robin?
Meanwhile, Kojirou is dealing 10000 with his maxed out NP likr the disgusting monster he is

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This episode is where I slowly started to realise what people meant with "**** gets dark"
I think the best way to describe Made in Abyss is with a rollercoatser
Episodes 1-4 were the line, the "I wanna join this ride" part
Episodes 5-9 is when the ride starts and you're all like "Woohoo it's fun!" even if some stuff is scary
Episode 10 and forward is that part you realise you made a terrible mistake and wanna get off of it but if you do you'll hit the ground at 300km/h so you have to keep going and praying you don't puke
It reminds me of a "What I watch/expect/got" meme pic of Made In Abyss
At first by looking at the poster and the first 9 episode you will think it's a cute adventure anime. Only until now you realize this anime gets dark.
But when it comes to real dark... oh boy you ain't see anything yet... I remember I mentioned this before back when I finish reading the manga to its recent chapter.
A hint for those who haven't read the manga... you might notice the last OP scene changed where it was Ozen and Maruruk. This time is Nanachi hugging another Narehate (Where the Gogonaime seem to translate it as "Hollow")... this... is where things gets real dark, but mostly sad actually...
Excluding: games that are already out that I have yet to play:
3DS
-Metroid: Samus Returns
-Pokemon Ultra Sun
-Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's minions (Never played the original)
-Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (Same as above)

Switch
-Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Don't have yet, but it's very recent, so I'm counting it)
-Pokken DX
-Fire Emblem (Both Warriors and the unnamed 2018 title)
-Yoshi
-Kirby
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Metroid Prime 4

I feel like I might be forgetting a couple games but for the most part this is pretty accurate.
I kind of feel a bit of redemption of buying games, it was mostly because of the Pro controller which cost over 70 dollars with tax (I sometimes feel Ohio's tax is a bit high, but that's just me)
After buying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, and Overcooked. I am not going to get more games this year.
But suppose if I don't mind about the budget, here are my wishlist:

3DS:
- Ever Oasis (Yes, I still haven't get this game because I am waiting for price drop)

Switch:
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 <<The game that made me buy Nintendo Switch, and my most anticipated games for this year

Ivander

Smash Legend
I didn't have enough Saint Quartz for a 10x Summon(had 21 plus two tickets) so I didn't even get a 4*
I got two more ****ing Berserkers because I apparently don't have enough of those(seriously, it's the class I pull the most, do I have some catalyst with me I'm not aware of?), Black Keys, Saber Gilles, Caesar and another Robin Hood(which is good since I'm actually using him).
Also,
View attachment 132546
Can you guees who's going to be exp fodder for Robin?
Meanwhile, Kojirou is dealing 10000 with his maxed out NP likr the disgusting monster he is

Maybe it's your inner rage? :smirk:

Anyway, just to mention, in it's currant state, there are 2 Servants you can fully Ascend by farming. They are Arash and Jing Ke. Also, believe it or not, Arash is actually the easiest to fully Ascend and has purpose. Which is his Noble Phantasm. Basically, he is used to take out a wave with one huge Buster attack and allow one of your next units to be fully ready for the next battle. He's going to be much useful later when his Noble Phantasm gets even stronger and he gets his 3rd skill which gives him a boost in NP. But despite the suicide NP, it is the reason why Arash is considered the best 1*.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So apparently one of the best gaming personalities on YouTube ProtonJon is getting married.

That's some great news I needed to hear after my team's game was cancelled.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I forgot how great this was. Someone decided to draw the whole Dex as if they were a Fire or Fire/Fighting-type.
LOOOOOOOL when I scrolled down to Blaziken.

All the Pokemon that normally have either Fire or Fighting are getting swapped around, but with that one they just went all in giving them all kinds of secondary types other than Fighting. That's one way to acknowledge that it's one of the ones that inspired the blog, LOL

IronTed

Smash Ace
So apparently Harvey and Irma Shuller (I don't know the spelling, so I apologize) are celebrating their 75th wedding anniversary.

That is both really cool and very, very crazy,.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Apparently the new Ben 10 show gave ben an pretty interesting new alien:

Ben turned into the species that Vilgax is but he loses it when Vilgax takes it from the watch. I don't think this happened in the past so that's kind of neat.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Ben turned into the species that Vilgax is but he loses it when Vilgax takes it from the watch. I don't think this happened in the past so that's kind of neat.
So he's Ben 9 now?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Good guy Cartoon Network Latin America has been removing the Powerpuff Girls from their timeslots and replacing them with Dragon Ball Z Kai and Super. :denzel:

IronTed

Smash Ace

Is the new Ben 10 even good? I never got around to watching it

D

Deleted member

Nah it got expensive.
You could have just stopped spending miney on it but you do you I guess
So he's Ben 9 now?
It's been a long time since he's only had 10 alien transformations
Good guy Cartoon Network Latin America has been removing the Powerpuff Girls from their timeslots and replacing them with Dragon Ball Z Kai and Super. :denzel:
They still know how to not **** things up
Like, the schedule is actually balanced.
It's just a shame the old shows only air at ****ing 3 AM and such

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So apparently one of the best gaming personalities on YouTube ProtonJon is getting married.

That's some great news I needed to hear after my team's game was cancelled.
To Lucahjin right? Good for him.

That sucks about the game getting cancelled. But how about that Patriots loss. :troll:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So he's Ben 9 now?
No that was the first time he got a new alien so he had 11.
He also apparently gets a new alien at the end of the arc where he loses the vilgax one. It is only shown by the silhouette though so far. From the looks of it, it's a new version of grav attack but may be something new.

Is the new Ben 10 even good? I never got around to watching it
I don't know, haven't watched it. People say the writing is cringy but that make sense as it's aimed at younger kids. The action seems to be on par to the other series though from what I've heard.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Unfortunately it's not always so simple, gacha games are designed in such a way that once you start spending on them, for a lot of people it's really hard to stop. If it's getting to a point where you're not really happy with what you're getting for your money, then uninstalling the game is probably for the best. I really wish they would do something to make the summoning system a little fairer (they can start by splitting the summoning pool up into maybe two "fixed" banners that they never add new units to, and then rotate units in and out of the "new heroes" banners, and dropping some of the newer units into the 3* pool), since as it is right now it borders, if not crosses the line into unethical design, and it's by far the biggest problem I have with the game. (I should maybe also say, if you do feel like you have a problem with spending money on games like Heroes, it's nothing to be ashamed of, lots of people struggle with this or similar problems, but I would recommend seeking out professional help and counselling.)

Yes, I know Heroes is already very fair and F2P-friendly in comparison to other gacha games, but that doesn't mean they can't do better still.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I got turned off from free-to-play games very early so I don't bother with them. I don't want a boring game that constantly ask for money to make it slightly more enjoyable.

Sometimes I wish these games had a "buy full game" feature so I don't have to deal with it.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

It's been a long time since he's only had 10 alien transformations

They still know how to not **** things up
Like, the schedule is actually balanced.
It's just a shame the old shows only air at ****ing 3 AM and such

That late night Cartoon Pop block is pure gold; they aired a lot of KND during August.
At least we have Tooncast for the old stuff, even if their schedule is kinda messy now.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Micro transactions ****ing suck no matter what form of game they're in. Usually you pay for something random and, more often than not, are disappointed by what you got. It's honestly just a shady business practice and yet people eat it up. I won't lie, I spent some money on FEH to exclusively try and get Ike but after I sunk like $60 in I decided that I was pretty much done. I still have it in my phone but I don't play it. When they announced you could pick one of the four for free I went in there and got Ike and I've been getting the free orbs. That's it though honestly.

IronTed

Smash Ace
No that was the first time he got a new alien so he had 11.
He also apparently gets a new alien at the end of the arc where he loses the vilgax one. It is only shown by the silhouette though so far. From the looks of it, it's a new version of grav attack but may be something new.

I don't know, haven't watched it. People say the writing is cringy but that make sense as it's aimed at younger kids. The action seems to be on par to the other series though from what I've heard.
Hmm, maybe I'll like it. I always enjoyed the original the most, which was geared towards younger children, as it progressed they "grew with their audience" so to speak, and it became more complex as a result.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Micro transactions ****ing suck no matter what form of game they're in. Usually you pay for something random and, more often than not, are disappointed by what you got. It's honestly just a shady business practice and yet people eat it up. I won't lie, I spent some money on FEH to exclusively try and get Ike but after I sunk like $60 in I decided that I was pretty much done. I still have it in my phone but I don't play it. When they announced you could pick one of the four for free I went in there and got Ike and I've been getting the free orbs. That's it though honestly.
The only time I ever paid for a microtransaction in a mobile game was when I got something guaranteed off of it.

Still was a waste of money looking back, but the impulse was there.

Aren't microtransactions pretty much gambling?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The only time I ever paid for a microtransaction in a mobile game was when I got something guaranteed off of it.

Still was a waste of money looking back, but the impulse was there.

Aren't microtransactions pretty much gambling?
I think the South Park episode "Freemium Isn't Free" did a fantastic job describing the issues with micortransations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom