• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can someone explain to me why Moses is in the game, though?
Probably to mock/include Judaism as he's the most influential figure in that religion that isn't Yahweh himself.

Honestly, I think they're too scared to even try Mohammed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Probably to mock/include Judaism as he's the most influential figure in that religion that isn't Yahweh himself.

Does Muhammad even have a cultural depiction the developers could work with?

Like, I'm guessing a gag where the entire character is censored could be done, but it'd be stupid. :V

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You say that but Veggie Tales is one of the GOAT.
That's just it, Veggietales is so GOAT that it'll send people with awful opinions down the garbage disposal.

It's like holding up a cross against a vampire, except it's innocent religious children's entertainment with sing along songs and humor held up against an edgy perverted antitheist. They might catch fire.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Does Muhammad even have a cultural depiction the developers could work with?

Like, I'm guessing a gag where the entire character is censored could be done, but it'd be stupid. :V
South Park did an episode like that.

But South Park is also fairly intelligent with how to ride the line and also made sure not to mock Mohammed directly.

That said, no there is no cultural depiction to work with. That is a sin in Islam. It's why you see text used in a lot of Islamic religious art instead of pictures.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

South Park did an episode like that.

But South Park is also fairly intelligent with how to ride the line and also made sure not to mock Mohammed directly.

That said, no there is no cultural depiction to work with. That is a sin in Islam. It's why you see text used in a lot of Islamic religious art instead of pictures.
Then make Muhammad a living entity of text. :V

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I read a chapter of a book a couple days ago that pinned the blame on 9-11 on the designer of the building using principles from Islam and copying the shape of Mecca.

Discomfort at the loss of so many lives being reduced to a design analysis aside, if that's enough to provoke them I don't even want to know what breaking the cardinal rule would do.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Islam is a very confusing religion to me. Obviously, no disrespect intended, but it's practices are just so foreign to me. Though I guess that could be said about multiple other religions as well. Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. All have things that are so vastly different than Christianity that it's near impossible for many of them to be comparable. I guess that's the beauty of belief.

Then just put Muhammad Ali as substitute. :V
Cassius Clay was SOOOO much better. :V

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Popular religions are all pretty similar in moral code for the most part.

Even if other aspects are strange, there's still room to communicate and relate.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At least they have the missing 11th commandment: "Thou shalt not use a Dranzer V2 on your foe"
Now see, that's a denomination issue.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I will always wonder why people make Jesus white in this day and age when we know better.

I mean, dude was an average Israeli man. It's right there in the Bible.
It depends on the place.

Chinese books on Christianity make him look Chinese.

D

Deleted member

All I know is, we are sorely lacking in multi-armed elephant men and living pasta.

D

Deleted member

True on the first one. Does Laffy Taffy from Clayfighter come close enough to "living pasta" for you?

If he ain't the Flying Spaghetti Monster, he doesn't count. :V

....Oh, we need good ol' Quetzalcoatl too.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It depends on the place.

Is his last name Hong as well?

My high school English teacher taught in many countries and in schools founded for different faiths, including Christian, Jewish and Islamic schools. There's a lot of similar stories between Christianity and Islam which she found either most people don't know, or in some cases, just ignore.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It depends on the place.

Jesus and Santa are the only two figures I know of that people seem to trade self insertion races with.

. . .Maybe it's related?

Maybe Santa is an angel from Heaven. All the elves are the souls of people that want to spend their eternity giving to innocent children and the reindeer are caribou that died and went to Heaven.

And Jesus and Santa. . .are just whatever you see them as, like everything truly good and pure.

. . .I'm too high strung to be the cool kid in this topic.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Jesus and Santa are the only two figures I know of that people seem to trade self insertion races with.

. . .Maybe it's related?

Maybe Santa is an angel from Heaven. All the elves are the souls of people that want to spend their eternity giving to innocent children and the reindeer are caribou that died and went to Heaven.

And Jesus and Santa. . .are just whatever you see them as, like everything truly good and pure.

. . .I'm too high strung to be the cool kid in this topic.
Santa is based off Saint Nicholas.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I gotta say this is probably the most tame religious conversation I've seen in a very very long time. Proud.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I gotta say this is probably the most tame religious conversation I've seen in a very very long time. Proud.
And on the internet of all things :O

I certainly never see discussions this civil irl. Most people I know just stereotype religious people to be prejudiced fundamentalists or violent extremists.

D

Deleted member

Wait, wait, wait....would Cthulhu be eligible for the game?
Or is that TOO far out there for something like this? (Even compared to the Flying Spaghetti Monster)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say the reindeer are just reindeer.

Because reindeer are real animals.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wait, wait, wait....would Cthulhu be eligible for the game?
Or is that TOO far out there for something like this? (Even compared to the Flying Spaghetti Monster)
I just want to say H. P. Lovecraft was a ****in genius I used to think he was just overrated then I read some of his stuff and damn some of his lore is just disturbing as hell.

Cthulhu is actually like 1000 meters tall our something though so he'd be op as ****.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This reminds me of 'I wish hedgehogs were real'
"I wish *X* were real" was a Splatoon 2 meme too.

And yes I know reindeer are real, I just know they also can't fly. Ghosts can fly.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just want to say H. P. Lovecraft was a ****in genius I used to think he was just overrated then I read some of his stuff and damn some of his lore is just disturbing as hell.

Cthulhu is actually like 1000 meters tall our something though so he'd be op as ****.
I'm sure Ridley could take him. :troll:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

*cracks knuckles*

I'm a Sonic fan. You know I can top that. :troll:

. . .But as a Kid Icarus fan anything I have in mind is already so far off the rails it's flown into orbit.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
IT is, apparently, doing really ****in good review wise. Apparently it does everything that the book did right, that the 1990 miniseries did right, and does even better with it's own direction. Thank God. I wouldn't be able to take another Dark Tower this year.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
IT is, apparently, doing really ****in good review wise. Apparently it does everything that the book did right, that the 1990 miniseries did right, and does even better with it's own direction. Thank God. I wouldn't be able to take another Dark Tower this year.
I spent too long trying to figure out what you were referring to, before realising it was IT.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
fire emblem heroes update is out now you can marry any character as the summoner and you can also marry any 2 characters together even if its the same character in a slightly diffrent outfit

looking forward to the children unit system that purple hair lyn in camillas armor actualy looked really good design wise
(its not like she was wearing pants to begin with anyways)

I spent too long trying to figure out what you were referring to, before realising it was IT.
true story i have a shiny phantump named pennywise

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So yesterday on tumblr I saw a post of some girl that had the nerve to go on grindrr and when asked why the **** she was there, her excuse was "there are bi guys and I get attention because im like the only girl"

This ***** went on grindr, an app for gay men to meet other gay men and if they were bi, they sure arent on grindr for girls, because she is attention starved
---
Mythra Mythra could you be my weather man and warn me if the weather in that area your looking at for nascar changes or gets grim? Id rather have you give me update and not my dad who will panic at every update

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom