• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Drumroll please.....

And NOW! The Winner of the Sixth Voting Gauntlet: "Choose Your Legends" has been decided!
Oh boy.....:laugh:...The salt is real.
Our Winner Is Ike! The 3DS AND Waifu Trends have been broken! Ike is our First Non-3DS character and our first Male Winner of the Voting Gauntlet!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I thought your first Persona was Persona Q.

I remember when I played through Persona 4 back in 2015, you told me you had yet to play it for yourself.
Did you have a chance to do it since then?
I think in high school, my two friemds kept talking about shadow rise and I was confused as all hell until he told me " look up shadow rise on youtube, you'll love it" So I did and after that, I started watching a whole playthrough of Persona 4. I dont have a PS system so I couldnt play it but after watching P4, I stared getting invested

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Drumroll please.....

And NOW! The Winner of the Sixth Voting Gauntlet: "Choose Your Legends" has been decided!
Our Winner Is Ike! The 3DS AND Waifu Trends have been broken! Ike is our First Non-3DS character and our first Male Winner of the Voting Gauntlet!
If he lost to boobs I'd be disappointed. Ike is too ****ing baller to lose to anyone.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Drumroll please.....

*VICTORY SCREECH*

To celebrate I'll play the most well known song from the Tellius series. Ike's them- er, Eternal Bond!

All this **** and he's still not in the base game of Fire Emblem Warriors. :cheep:

Joking. I fully expect him for DLC.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
*VICTORY SCREECH*

To celebrate I'll play the most well known song from the Tellius series. Ike's them- er, Eternal Bond!

All this **** and he's still not in the base game of Fire Emblem Warriors. :cheep:

Joking. I fully expect him for DLC.
I imagine he'll be the first one.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To add to the plug socket discussion, we also have a different voltage system in Europe, compared to North America. Over here plug sockets are usually 210~230 V output, compared to NA's 110 V output. So if you plug something designed only for 110 V input straight into a European plug socket, you'll just fry it (literally; it would be a fire risk), and you'll need a stepdown converter for it to work properly here. The reverse situation (plugging an EU appliance into a NA socket) will result in the appliance simply not getting enough power to run properly, in which case you need a stepup converter (but at least it probably won't go on fire).

That said, most modern electronics are designed to accept both inputs, so you can just buy a bog-standard adapter and it should work fine. But of course it's still worth checking these things out just to be sure; one example of something that won't work in both regions is the Wii U (not that many people will be travelling with that thing anyway), but the Switch should work fine. If you check the plug or power brick, it should say something like "Input: 110-240 V", which would mean it will work fine in both regions; if it only says 110 or 240 V input, however, it will probably not work without the proper adapter.
This is why Japanese Switch charger works in my country and USA, whereas if I bought Hong Kong Switch imports, I need to buy additional charger.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, uh, Maximilian Dood is playing this game in his stream. It's... Uh, well.

Let's just say I don't remember the part of the old Testament when Moses and Anubis battled to the death in the middle of the parted Red Sea...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Let's just say I don't remember the part of the old Testament when Moses and Anubis battled to the death in the middle of the parted Red Sea...
Anubis awakened from his sleep when he noticed Moses had God Ki

Edit:

Interestingly I actually like Moses' name. It's true meaning seems lost to current generations

It's interpreted as "to pull out/draw out" [of water]"

But that's not the case.

Ramses name can be translated as Ra-moses, son of the god Ra

When moses changed his name, he was saying he was son of the true god

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Aww, I missed the Moses part. Why didn't you tell us this earlier?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Is that the game people were talking about Jesus being made playable in?

TBH that made me kind of uncomfortable hearing about that.

Moses isn't nearly as bad but it's definitely. . .head tilting.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

And what game is that

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is that the game people were talking about Jesus being made playable in?

TBH that made me kind of uncomfortable hearing about that.

Moses isn't nearly as bad but it's definitely. . .head tilting.
I dunno, the thing about the Christian game market is that their products are destined to fail. They can either expand upon the game and anger Christian groups or make it super friendly and happy and boring.

That's what Scott Cawthon found

Now he makes FNAF

Not saying whatever game this is, is Christian. I have no idea what it is.

But Christian game makers should try and find ways to make their games funner like playing moses and adding some liberties like fighting against the Egyptian Gods

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Jesus has parts of the cross nailed to his hands to bludgeon his enemies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Jesus has parts of the cross nailed to his hands to bludgeon his enemies.

As a Christian the description alone was enough to get a massive .________. from me.

The crowd of reveling antitheists on NeoGAF was just the icing on the awkwardness cake. I don't dare actually watch footage of whatever train wreck is going on.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mythra Mythra Why were ya wondering where Virginia was?
Something interesting about Turn Left and your area.
The thing is that the hurricane is expected to slam Florida and possibly damaging Homestead-Miami Speedway, where the championship race will take place in Nov. Of all the possible replacements, the most likely track to replace Homestead is Richmond, that means they expect said area to be fine in terms of infrastructure by that date. Also the next race (this weekend) is at said track, and their forecasts for the VA area seem positive.
I don't know the distance between Virginia Beach and Richmond but considering the hurricane is of the size of Ohio, both areas will likely receive a similar impact, and said impact possibly will not be so catastrophic and long lasting. Which is good news for your area.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Eh, that's a little...
That's a lot...

Like it's one thing to put Jesus in a fighting game, having him like he's just ripped himself free from his crucifixion has probably put a big red target on the game for going too far.

I'm not sure just how far it's been taken for other religions, like Buddha being in the game but I can tell it's just going to be a ****storm.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If you want my opinion on the whole Christian subject, as I am a Christian. It's just a game. I have far more better things to be upset about then some random ass game on Steam featuring Jesus as a playable character.

Not to mention that Buddha is a playable fighter in this game and I'm pretty sure Buddhism has a big pacifist centric culture. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, but the whole stakes in Jesus's hands is a bit much though. I could do without that.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I don't think Moses was in War Gods... >.>

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Something interesting about Turn Left and your area.
The thing is that the hurricane is expected to slam Florida and possibly damaging Homestead-Miami Speedway, where the championship race will take place in Nov. Of all the possible replacements, the most likely track to replace Homestead is Richmond, that means they expect said area to be fine in terms of infrastructure by that date. Also the next race (this weekend) is at said track, and their forecasts for the VA area seem positive.
I don't know the distance between Virginia Beach and Richmond but considering the hurricane is of the size of Ohio, both areas will likely receive a similar impact, and said impact possibly will not be so catastrophic and long lasting. Which is good news for your area.
Man I could kiss you. Thanks for that. You actually made me feel pretty safe now and Richmand is about 101 miles from Virginia Beach according to maps

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
He's playing X-Men vs. Street Fighter now. Which is the game I originally came to see but apparently he wanted to play that other game or something.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As a Christian myself I find this kind of funny.

Is it tasteful? Nah.

Would I ever do anything like this? Nah man, I know what will get me killed.

But I don't think its done with ill intent. If it is, then they got a lot of explaining to do to a lot of different parties.

That said, the game itself looks downright awful.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will always wonder why people make Jesus white in this day and age when we know better.

I mean, dude was an average Israeli man. It's right there in the Bible.

Chrono.

That said, the game itself looks downright awful.
This is something that kinda annoys me more than it should.

Because outside of Skullgirls (which isn't really my cup of tea anyway) and Rivals of Aether (which is a different kind of fighter), indie fighting games have all been flops for X and Y reason.

I just wanna see a really good one for once instead of some shoddy meme-y game.

D

Deleted member

I will always wonder why people make Jesus white in this day and age when we know better.

Probably because common depiction. Going with what people recognize.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I suppose the game could be put to some entertaining use anonymously sending footage to Fundamentalists.

If I feel awkward then imagine how much legit terrible people would start squirming.

Well, on the flipside there's m'lady types that would probably find the footage an aphrodisiac, but in their case we should probably just tape them to a chair and force them to watch a Veggietales marathon.

Would you like to talk to tomatoes-*slushied*

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You say that but Veggie Tales is one of the GOAT.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ya know why the game looks bad?
It lacks the One True God:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

>Implying Americans won't pretend that's not the case
16.4 million Americans think brown cows give chocolate milk, something as sensitive as race will be ignored, especially by the KKK and nazis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom