• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I don't know how I did it, but I just managed to beat Yunalesca WITHOUT DYING! :bluejump:
Is what I would say if I hadn't missed the Sun Crest in the place where she is fought.
And that means that if I would have to go back to the Zanarkand Dome later, which wouldn't be such a problem if I wasn't playing the HD version, which means that I would need to fight Dark Bahamut in addition to fighting Dark Valefor because of the fact that I didn't get the destruction sphere in the Besaid Cloister of Trials.
That means I'm going to either have to fight two Bonus Bosses or I'm going to have to fight Yunalesca again and only have to fight Dark Valefor.
This_is_fine.jpg

I suppose while I'm talking about FFX, I'm thinking about getting the Celestial Weapons, but I'm not sure which ones I should get. I definitely know that I want to get Nirvana fully upgraded, but should I try and get any of the others. Which ones should I try and get?
---------------------------
On a different note, I made it to the second to last room in the Cavern of Rememberance in KH2, but I'm having trouble making it past all of the Nobodies. Just for reference, I'm at level 63, so should I just quit and move on with The World That Never Was or should I just keep trying? If so what's a good strategy for that room? Thanks in advance.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If you got the 3DS Ambassador games, or have a Wii U, you can get The Sacred Stones, which I think is a really good place to start with the series - not too difficult and is good at easing you into the gameplay, and is similar enough to other games in the series that you won't feel out of your depth if you decide to move onto them later on. Otherwise, Awakening, Fates: Birthright, or Shadows of Valentia (all on 3DS) are okay starting points, but you should be aware that they're fairly different compared to other games in the series, just in case you decide to go on to other games after playing those.
Download Heroes for free on your phone to get a taste of the general gameplay of Fire Emblem. Granted, Heroes simplifies and has its own spin on things, but being free, it's a good intro to the gameplay.

Shadow Dragon on the DS if you want to play the first game (Shadow Dragon is a remake of it). Marth is from this game.

Blazing Sword (simply "Fire Emblem" in the west) for the GBA if you want to play the first FE game to be released in the West.

Awakening or Fates Birthright on 3DS if you want something generally easier but still has content to make up for it.

And this may be an unpopular opinion, but I think Shadows of Valentia on 3DS is a good start. It's pretty unique within the series, but it has top notch presentation, particularly in the voice acting, and the writing is fantastic with some really charming characters. IMO, this makes the game easy to get invested in. Of course the gameplay is great too.
Mostly seeing the same few different suggestions here.

I have heard quite a few people say Awakening can be a good although different place to start, so perhaps I'll do that one. Shadow Dragon and Shadows of Valentia also sound like games I think I'd enjoy starting out with.

I do kind of want to avoid playing the latest game in the franchise as of yet, but I wouldn't mind trying out a more recent yet still a bit older entry instead, like Awakening (I'm not counting Shadows of Valentia, since that game is, to my understanding, a remake of an older one).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wouldn't even mind Frieza having a low recruit chance if I didn't have to fight 10 groups of 5 people just for the attempt to recruit him

To anyone who wants to start with FE, Awakening is almost always your best bet. It's designed for newcomers in so many ways it isn't even funny. BUT going from any game to awakening would be jarring because of how weird some of it is. But going to any game from awakening is very natural.

After that, 7 and Fates are your best bet. 7 has Lyn's story which is really tedious for any veteran of the series, but good for newcomers (which is why, IMO it's the second best game for newcomers. It's also cheaper which I suppose is a big bonus) and Fates has BR. Of course I dont like Fates for pretty much anything so I cant recommend it that much heh. . .man im behind on FE. Screw Fates for completely burning me out on the series. I've still only beat 7, 6, Awakening, and BR. :/

been thinking of what I want to ask for my birthday. Splatoon 2 and a Donald Duck KH figure are locks. . .but i cant think of anything else. Not going to ask for a PS4 or a new laptop because im not heartless. (actually now that I think about a shirt with the heartless logo might be rad)

But one thought crossed my mind I feel like I need to seek penance for. I nearly asked my parents for Sonic 06 for my birthday.
What the **** is wrong with me?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You're going to play FE6? Oh man. Good luck. Well, have fun more importantly but good luck XD

Boy do I miss playing that game and that Ch 14. Lol

No idea where you got 6.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Meanwhile I'm completely out of the loop here because I've never played a Fire Emblem game in my life.

I've talked about trying them before, but it's been a very long time since I've done so. And as evident by the above, I have yet to actually try one.

I'm at least curious enough to give one game ago. Can anyone offer advice on which game would be a good place to start?
I might be rather late on this, but I would extend on Moydow's suggestion on Sacred Stones. If you want to get into the older Fire Emblem games, I consider Sacred Stones to be a great starting point. It's one of the easier Fire Emblem titles with some enjoyable gameplay, a great cast of characters both story and gameplay-wise (to the point that practically everyone you recruit can be raised to become good units), and a compelling story. It was my first game getting into the old school Fire Emblem titles, and while I still haven't beaten it (I'm about halfway through the game at the moment; yeah, I've been procrastinating), I've been enjoying it a lot! In addition to the 3DS Ambassadors Program, you can buy Sacred Stones on the WiiU eShop.

As for the newer titles, I would recommend Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. While the stories of both games are controversial, and so are their casts, the gameplay for both games is designed to be beginner-friendly, so if you want to ease yourself into the basic Fire Emblem gameplay mechanics, both games do a great job at that.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nav Rooms.....they almost make me not want to even play Fusion....

So. . .about a minute ago there was some super loud thunder. But not a cloud in the skies.

Then lightning made the whole sky shine like a thousand exploding suns.

Then clouds blew in so fast I thought reality hit fast forward (legit scary).

Now it's absolutely pouring, and wind is shaking my house.

SOMEONE PISSED OFF ZEUS REAL BAD OH GOD HELP

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wasn't Hinoka's original voice actor Dill from Rugrats? Sounded like it to me. Never could take her seriously with that thought in mind.

Chrono.

Wasn't Hinoka's original voice actor Dill from Rugrats? Sounded like it to me. Never could take her seriously with that thought in mind.
According to a quick Google search it was actually Tommy, the main character.

Still uhh... Yeah add me to the list.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
According to a quick Google search it was actually Tommy, the main character.

Still uhh... Yeah add me to the list.
HEY.

One of these days she'll charge into battle riding Reptar, and then you'll ALL be sorry. :4yoshi:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
But on the other hand, sometimes you get something amusing instead.

Exposing Rockruff to the light caused by a fire of a mixtape results in this, eventually it will evolve into Lycanroc Gangsta Form.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way, do we have any Tales fans in here?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
By the way, do we have any Tales fans in here?
I only played TOS and it's sequel. But I say I am one because I really like other game in the series, even though I never had the chance to play them. (One day, Abyss and Vesperia, one day:4gaw:)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I learned one thing from playing a game the developers didn't bother translating the voices

It's that "Nani" is the most commonly using word in Japan

D

Deleted member

The Nav Rooms in Fusion are ****ing stupid and ruin the pacing of what could be an amazing game.
I mean, Fusion is still great but simply having to visit one of these after doing basically anything just ruins any momentum in the gameplay.
AND **** YOU ADAM I'M NOT HERE FPR THE LORE JUST LET ME GO KILL SOME MORE STUFF
If I learned one thing from playing a game the developers didn't bother translating the voices

It's that "Nani" is the most commonly using word in Japan
NANIIIIIII!?!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
HERE COMES FIGHTER PACK 2 AND HELLBOI Y'ALL!!

Not exactly hyped for Raiden, but Black Manta looks sick.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
HERE COMES FIGHTER PACK 2 AND HELLBOI Y'ALL!!

Not exactly hyped for Raiden, but Black Manta looks sick.
"You wanted Beast Boy? Nah, take Hellboy instead, he is cooler.:denzel:"

Joke aside, he look sick, Black Manta look cool and Raiden....he is alright I guess?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Really?

What about the Nav rooms is bad?
I just want to keep going forward and play the game but I'm always forced into these Nav Rooms which I'm then met with a bunch of unskippable text...It really distrupts the pacing having to sit through this when I just want to explore...

If you take away the Nav Rooms (and the hand-holding in general) Fusion could make a strong contention for best in the franchise, but this is something it has that other Metroid games don't have that I feel brings it down...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There's some real peaceful music playing on the stream while I frantically await the Mario Odyssey presentation.

Wait, more suitable countdown music started with... a countdown timer.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got my replacement Sonic Mania CE in. Statue is much better than the original one I got. Some of the new things were worse though, like the card and the cartridge cast, so I cherry picked the best ones of each.

Also, screenshot of the Tag Team stage in Sonic Forces.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well we got some gameplay of the Luncheon Kingdom.
I don't think I'll wait round for the gameplay segment afterwards since this one was so short. I'll just watch it in the morning.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This was really short, like, more short that I thought. I know they don't want to reveal too much, but it was kinda underwhelming. :/

I guess that the next gameplay segment for today and the next gameplay recap with Charles Martinet could reveal more. So I am not going to complain until this week is over.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly, Odyssey is at the "I don't want to see any more" stage for me.

If they have new features to show off like amiibo functionality or maybe a character reveal (specifically :rosalina:), then sure, but I don't want level walkthroughs, that just spoils the game at this point.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
WOAH, HOLY **** GUYS! IT'S HELLBOY!!!

I did NOT see that coming but I'm so glad it's happening.

AL WE NEED IS SPAWN AND THIS WILL BEY PERFECT ****ING FIGHTING GAME!

BOON PLS!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom