• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I beat Tarterus on Legendary again, meaning I beat Halo 2 on its highest difficulty.

Never again.

Now, next is Halo 3 on Legendary.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I mean when its been in the ground as long as itbhas the only way to go is up or down and nintendo decided its going up because if it sunk into the ground anymore it hit the earth core where f-zero is
Three quarters of Nintendo's franchises are further into the ground than Metroid ever was, LOL.

This isn't even the worst Metroid has been through. It skipped the entire 64 era with nothing but Smash, it's gotten way more marketing and adaptions pretty much the entire span that it's been inactive this gen than it ever did then and it still didn't go the whole way without games.

If you want to talk about a franchise that's hit the ground, we can talk about something like Advance Wars or Golden Sun. Metroid's sister franchise spent four solid gens planted into the ground and it's probably spending another four now. Metroid is pretty much a standard B-tier franchise that had the misfortune of the Wii U existing and being a train wreck.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Well ****.
Sonic Forces releases 10 days after Odyssey. That's not gonna make Forces work harder to compete and all reviews will go "The new Mario is amazing, and Sonic is being dumb" alongside "Sonic's always had a rocky history"
Should have gone for December.
December is nice and empty at the moment.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well ****.
Sonic Forces releases 10 days after Odyssey. That's not gonna make Forces work harder to compete and all reviews will go "The new Mario is amazing, and Sonic is being dumb" alongside "Sonic's always had a rocky history"
I don't think it's gonna compete with Odyssey sales wise. Odyssey only has Nintendo Switch owners to work with, Forces has other platforms. Worst case scenario is that the Switch version sells less (which seemed like it might happen anyway given it's a compromised version and most people with the option are getting it on the other platforms).

------

Dunno if people have followed this game, but A Hat in Time is releasing on October 5th. It's also getting official mod support, including a full level editor, and some "official mod packs" from the developers themselves, which are crossovers with other indie games like Shovel Knight and Freedom Planet 2.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also, the Sonic Twitter just does not care.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well ****.
imma get both im already commited to both pff. I already know everyone is gonna **** on Forces because "why play This game on an inferior console when you have have nice grapics"

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Polygon sunk to a whole new level. They said "Crunch in the gaming industry is a good thing!"
For those who don't know, crunch is when the people working on something go overboard tk the point they literally risk their health. You know how manga artists only have like 4 hours of free time a week when doing weekly updates? It's the same thing

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Polygon sunk to a whole new level. They said "Crunch in the gaming industry is a good thing!"
For those who don't know, crunch is when the people working on something go overboard tk the point they literally risk their health. You know how manga artists only have like 4 hours of free time a week when doing weekly updates? It's the same thing
Crunching on time or as I like to call it Japanese work assisted suicide pill

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That new Mei short was pretty darn good.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm having abysmal luck in the Sacred Stones banner. Pulling for Blues and Greens and I'm at 4.25% 5-Star/Focus rate.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It has been a while since I post stuff here due to the fact I was having stop flight to the United States, this was first time for me to go to US on my own, so that was something rad.
Once I arrived to my University campus I found myself having a lot to buy and settle down... if anyone is wondering, my roommate is not Taiwanese but a Chinese.
I may be weird for asking this but does anyone here in this thread lives near Ashland Ohio? Does Ashland having video game stores?
mario123007 mario123007
On RE:Creators
Welp, sidn't expect Magane to be that nice, giving back Hangakure and removing the lock for Sota's character to become real. I'm just kinda disappointed we ended up never seeing Magane fighting with Hangakure though.

Blitz clearly doesn't like betraying Altair but he'll do anything for his daughter.

And lol at Sho and Yuuya talking and Yuuya spoiling their manga to the whole audience
View attachment 132267
Like, poor guy, how can he write the manga now if everyone knows the damn plot twist?

And finally, the Altair fight continues, with(almost) everyone turning against her; everything seems hopeless for her and Celesia, Rui and Alice prepare one final move
View attachment 132266
No kidding, this gave me chills.
But then came Charon cockblock us
View attachment 132268
So I guess this why he was nowhere to be seen before, he was Altair's trumpcard
Why he's fighting against Celesia, we'll have to wait and see

And I wonder if we'll see Sota's character next week
Yeah, you may know Magane is my next fav character next to Meteora, but again I am a bit fishy with her stance.

If it's just Sota recreating Altair's creator... I would be disappointed even though I know it will definitely not be the case
Making an assumption based on the information we have available is a lot more rational than assuming it will run at 60 FPS and graphics on par with the other versions with literally nothing to support your claim.

And no, I do not view it as impossible for someone to prefer the Switch version. I flat out listed reasons why one might prefer it, if you were paying attention to my posts. However, that does not make it rational to get passive aggressive towards people who are opting for other versions, and to assume they must be concerned solely with graphics. Forces has a gimped frame rate with drops on Switch so far. We know this for a fact, and that effects gameplay quite seriously in Sonic games, as we saw with Unleashed and Generations.

It's alright to get the Switch version for it's portability or if you have no other options, but please stop getting irrationally defensive over it and making these blind assumptions that this is going to be some 60 FPS, uncompromised beast of a portable game on the Switch. Also stop assuming people are "judging you" for simply outlining the objective caveats of your version of choice when nobody here is doing that.

Also FYI I never even said the PS4 Pro version will be the best version either. The Xbox One X version will be better than even that, and the game is coming out on PC too, so assuming the PC port is done well, it should be the best version, especially once the modding community from Generations PC cracks it open.
I mean as long as the gimped framerate isn't that harsh I'm okay with it (And it is also possible they can still fix it with patch.), and other reason Switch is my only console I have.
Well ****.
This somehow also reminds me back when Super Mario 3D World and Sonic Lost World's release...
I know Mei is going to look good in her Overwatch short "Rise and Shine", but I didn't know she will look this good.
My Chinese roommate actually says that there might be another person who is alive besides Mei and is the one who is responsible for letting every climate scientist in Antarctica besides Mei died in their pods...
And please Blizzard let that outfit in the short become a skin in the game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
It has been a while since I post stuff here due to the fact I was having stop flight to the United States, this was first time for me to go to US on my own, so that was something rad.
Once I arrived to my University campus I found myself having a lot to buy and settle down... if anyone is wondering, my roommate is not Taiwanese but a Chinese.
I may be weird for asking this but does anyone here in this thread lives near Ashland Ohio? Does Ashland having video game stores?

Yeah, you may know Magane is my next fav character next to Meteora, but again I am a bit fishy with her stance.

If it's just Sota recreating Altair's creator... I would be disappointed even though I know it will definitely not be the case

I mean as long as the gimped framerate isn't that harsh I'm okay with it (And it is also possible they can still fix it with patch.), and other reason Switch is my only console I have.

This somehow also reminds me back when Super Mario 3D World and Sonic Lost World's release...
I know Mei is going to look good in her Overwatch short "Rise and Shine", but I didn't know she will look this good.
My Chinese roommate actually says that there might be another person who is alive besides Mei and is the one who is responsible for letting every climate scientist in Antarctica besides Mei died in their pods...
quick question, where Is Mei even from?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Both her red outfit and the Pajamas with bedhead hair need to be obtainable skins. That aside, I liked both this short and the Junkertown one alot. Nice job Blizzard.
quick question, where Is Mei even from?
She's from China, as when she's on the Lijang Tower map, she says, "It's good to be back home."

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Pokken demo still isn't on the European eShop but I downloaded it from the Japanese eShop. It still comes up in English so FYI on that.

Also for some silly reason you're only allowed 15 battles and that's it, they lock you out after that. Nice to see they're gonna arbitrarily force in demo use limits like on the Wii U and 3DS despite it not being a firmware thing. :V

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yesterday I saw a part of a recent Rabbids Invasion where the Rabbids teleport a ton of ice to the Antartica using their time-space machine, saving the world of global warming of something, their species is now considered heroic, with many Rabbids recieving medals and ****, then a dude obsessed with them goes bonkers, ending the episode in a cliffhanger.

And now I see the M+R game will have considerable story development.

Rabbids: Lore Invasion.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking into the regional differences of the SNES Classic Edition (and NES), I wonder why Capcom went to the hassle of giving a different Street Fighter II game in each region (SF2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting in US/PAL, Super SF2: The New Challengers in Japan).

Also, Japan's NES Classic Edition exclusives are lame compared the international version (outside of River City Ransom).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I decided to try the Pokken Tournament Limited Edition Controller on the Pokken DX demo, and surprisingly, it works. Not just on the demo, but the Switch picks it up as a Pro Controller. Pretty neat! You can even play Sonic Mania with it since you don't need an analogue stick for that game!

I was considering selling Pokken Wii U with the controller and Shadow Mewtwo card, but I'll hold onto them now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The Pokken demo still isn't on the European eShop but I downloaded it from the Japanese eShop. It still comes up in English so FYI on that.

Also for some silly reason you're only allowed 15 battles and that's it, they lock you out after that. Nice to see they're gonna arbitrarily force in demo use limits like on the Wii U and 3DS despite it not being a firmware thing. :V
limited demos make me sad and the fact they only gave 3 pokemon to use, none of them I care about

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A Silent Voice is beautiful, like, holy **** go watch it.
****, THAT one scene hit me way too hard.

Like, I kinda get why they put limited uses but the 3DS and Wii I handled this way better by it being the times you opened the application.
15 battles only is just silly

Chrono.

So FE Warriors comes out a week before Odyssey, while Forces comes out a week after Odyssey. Meanwhile Pokemon USM launches around 2 weeks after Forces.

I'm gonna have to plan this out and save money (though I'm 90% sure I'm skipping out on FEW for now until it gets a price drop).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This was shared in Discord today, and boy, it was the highlight for me as a Re:Zero fan:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I mean, yeah, it's become a year-old meme, and there was more to the series than that, but I still find it funny.:laugh:

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Okay, what? What the hell was that Polygon writer on?

Seriously, why is the last minute crunch such a prevalent thing in the game industry anyway? Isn't it something that can be easily solved with better planning or even delaying a game's release slightly if necessary?

Must every profession nowadays treat their workers like cattle, pushing them beyond their limits and then blaming them for being affected by it?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
so random thought but what if FeW has free post release paralouges
Honestly if they do what Hyrule Warriors did and have the villains playable post-launch I think that'd be a great way to incorporate it. :p

Saw Hat in Time has a release date, but it's already been posted here

I've been waiting for this game to release ever since I saw JoshJepson do a video on it back in 2013. This was the same time the Mingy Jongo team was starting up to make a Banjo Kazooie sucessor and I was so hyped.

HiT has looked great every time they've shown it, but it has taken so long. Shame I wont be able to play it, but im super happy for it to finally be out.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's actually hilarious going through YouTube comments and seeing how salty people are about Raiden in Injustice 2. It's actually ridiculous how mad some people are considering that Mortal Kombat has a DC Comic of their own.

If you want my opinion, I didn't NEED Raiden but I'm certainly not totally against his inclusion. He'll be fun and I'll play the hell out of him. These people on YouTube though, hoo, they're in there calling Ed Boon a ****head. It's so dumb. Like Ed Boon is too ignorant to understand that it'd cause some controversy. Of course he knew, he also knows Raiden will bring in more money than Static or someone more obscure. It's just a corporate decision.

All this kinda reminds me of the Smash DLC honestly.

Now I absolutely didn't know I needed Hell Boy but I NEED him. It makes me REALLY NEED Spawn more than ever. Oh man this game is so close to being perfect. All I need is Spawn.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My guess is he'll be the very last one in the 3rd Fighter Pack.

Gotta get people doubting before you can build the hype, y'know?
I'm guessing pack 3 will be Spawn, a DC character and an MK character.

Mortal Kombat characters in Injustice is dumb. Yes I know they're made by the same guys but they don't fit in at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom