• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Here's some FE Warriors Gameplay footage of Amy Rose, Pineapple, and Boobies.

I'll tag Erureido Erureido this time.
I keep forgetting to keep up with this game.

Actually I'm just a bad switch owner in general. I have slacked on picking up Mario Kart and Splatoon, but have Arms. I don't think I'll be getting Rabbids right away, etc.

It's not that I don't want the games. It's just like ''I don't have time to juggle PS4, PC, and Switch" and for some reason Switch is losing right now and it's not that it's a bad system or it's exclusive are bad either.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I hadn't followed it enough to see Pegasus Knight gameplay yet.

The moving animation looks a bit rough but the gameplay looks really fun.

I'm gonna get looks for this but Camilla sounds way more off than Hinoka. Hinoka just lost the Buttercup scratch, Camilla outright shifted a pitch.
I like Camilias new voice better then her old one tbh

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Hinoka actually has a few differences from Cordelia, namely in her cut-in attacks (not sure what they're called here). Basic moves are the same though. Her pose when flying seems very...T-Positionish though.

Camilla and Takumi look super fun though.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Hinoka actually has a few differences from Cordelia, namely in her cut-in attacks (not sure what they're called here). Basic moves are the same though. Her pose when flying seems very...T-Positionish though.

Camilla and Takumi look super fun though.
The cut-in attacks look and function similar to the Musou attacks that activate when you full up the gauge underneath the life bar. I'd say that's what they're called. They're usually good for crowd clearing.

Edit: Hinoka plays so wild and fierce holy.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Guess I'll play that Pirate Queen's Quest mode of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero tomorrow.

Hopefully quick enough before Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is out next week.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wow. One of Piccolo's alt colors in DBFZ is actually based on King Piccolo's gi, where the purple and blue are reversed. Aside from that, Trunks, Gohan, Goku and Vegeta all have really cool alts.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

All of them look really fun to play. Hinoka is wild and sure likes using the Helicopter to wrack up that wind, while Camilla can create quite the explosions.

That Takumi gameplay though!

Damn, does he look incredibly fun to use! All those arrows he can fire at once, those flips, and even conjuring up wind for his critical! He is perfect main material for me. I hope I can find a gif of that entire critical animation, because I want to add it to my signature.

This line also stuck out to me.

Another moment Takumi is self-aware of something the Fire Emblem community says about him.:p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Played a good bit of that new Risky Boots mode of Shantae HGH. Neat so far.

Playing it made me just realize something: Nega-Shantae uses the same color scheme as Risky Boots.

My mind is blown.

Last edited:
Beat Team rose for sonic heroes.

Game isnt terrible, but it isnt grrat either. special stages are garbage though

3 stories to go :x

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well I am going to start two new games here pretty soon.

Both games I think you guys will love.

I'm gonna give you some hints...

• Gameboy
  • 3 + 7
  • Our Fat Boy
  • Gwen

Cryptic as heck, can you narrow it down at all?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I hadn't followed it enough to see Pegasus Knight gameplay yet.

The moving animation looks a bit rough but the gameplay looks really fun.

I'm gonna get looks for this but Camilla sounds way more off than Hinoka. Hinoka just lost the Buttercup scratch, Camilla outright shifted a pitch.
Camilla's voice has been really bothering me too. She just sounds like a really generic "sexy seductress" now, rather than "doting MILF" (SILF if you wanna stress the details).

Which is not right since doting MILF is literally her character archetype. I can't imagine her cringey nicknames for Corrin and such sounding right with the new VA.

On a related note, my general hype for this game has been dwindling the more and more I see of it, just isn't wowing me as much as Hyrule Warriors did. And it's not even because "it looks the same", I'm fine with that part. It's more just it not having as much polish from the previews and having all of these arbitrary decisions that limit the roster potential. And I say this as someone who hasn't played the older games, even outside of that, there's still no SoV content and even the choices so far have been rather rudimentary. Fates has so many cool characters that could be used, but they're sticking to just royals. As a "Nu-Fire Emblem" fan, there's still some really big restrictions on the roster selection.

And now we have VA shennagins so even when I get a character I wanted like Hinoka, who everybody was saying wouldn't get in, her VA is screwy so it's a bittersweet victory.

And now it's also releasing right before Super Mario Odyssey, ugh.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Camilla's voice has been really bothering me too. She just sounds like a really generic "sexy seductress" now, rather than "doting MILF" (SILF if you wanna stress the details).

Which is not right since doting MILF is literally her character archetype. I can't imagine her cringey nicknames for Corrin and such sounding right with the new VA.

On a related note, my general hype for this game has been dwindling the more and more I see of it, just isn't wowing me as much as Hyrule Warriors did. And it's not even because "it looks the same", I'm fine with that part. It's more just it not having as much polish from the previews and having all of these arbitrary decisions that limit the roster potential. And I say this as someone who hasn't played the older games, even outside of that, there's still no SoV content and even the choices so far have been rather rudimentary. Fates has so many cool characters that could be used, but they're sticking to just royals. As a "Nu-Fire Emblem" fan, there's still some really big restrictions on the roster selection.

And now we have VA shennagins so even when I get a character I wanted like Hinoka, who everybody was saying wouldn't get in, her VA is screwy so it's a bittersweet victory.

And now it's also releasing right before Super Mario Odyssey, ugh.
Camilla isn't a milf and by the time she is she's already married.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Camilla isn't a milf and by the time she is she's already married.
I didn't mean she's a literal MILF in my eyes (there can only be one for me :rosalina:), "doting MILF" is a character trope that is pretty common in Japanese anime and video games. The character doesn't necessarily to have to be an actual mother of any kind to fill the trope (though Camilla can literally be a mother so yeah), they just have to have a motherly personality and dote over another character as if that other character was a child, even if they aren't. Usually comes with big breasts and some sexual tension with the main character. Say things like "sweetie pie" and "bumpkinboo" to the object of their affection.

oh and hey wouldja look who that describes to a tee

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I actually like Camilla's new voice. She sounds her age now. Before she sounded much older than she reasonably was.

Hinoka sounds better in gameplay, but still eh.

Leo, Ryoma, Corrin and Takumi are great.

Xander sounds... off.

Marth and the Awakening cast sound spot on.

The two new characters sound terrible.

• Gameboy
  • 3 + 7
  • Our Fat Boy
  • Gwen

I wanna say at least one of them is final fantasy, but that is literally obly becayse there are numbers. no clue on the other hints.

Also, every chaos emerald obtained in heroes. i can play the otger 3 stories full speed aheas without worrying about not getting hit. yay!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wanna say at least one of them is final fantasy, but that is literally obly becayse there are numbers. no clue on the other hints.

Also, every chaos emerald obtained in heroes. i can play the otger 3 stories full speed aheas without worrying about not getting hit. yay!
Remember, there are two games and each hint relates to both games somehow barring the last one. That was me being cheeky, though it relates to one.

I'll just add that 3 and 7 respond to the respective places in their series.

I'll also say both are Nintendo owned.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Remember, there are two games and each hint relates to both games somehow barring the last one. That was me being cheeky, though it relates to one.

Wario Land and Kirby? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't know recruitment in Dragon Ball Fusions could fail

I have failed like 6 times trying to get Frieza

And for some stupid reason Frieza seems to get stronger the less HP he has or something

I have to fight 5 level 100 guys EVERY time I try and by the time I get to Frieza I'm dealing like 1 HP each hit and the more HP you deal the higher the chance

Last edited:

is one of them kirby?

gwen likes kirby, i know there are GB games for it, and Dedede is fat.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

• Gameboy
  • 3 + 7
  • Our Fat Boy
  • Gwen

Does one of them at least have to do with Wario?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I didn't know recruitment in Dragon Ball Fusions could fail

I have failed like 6 times trying to get Frieza

And for some stupid reason Frieza seems to get stronger the less HP he has or something

I have to fight 5 level 100 guys EVERY time I try and by the time I get to Frieza I'm dealing like 1 HP each hit and the more HP you deal the higher the chance
A lot or RPGs have mechanics like that. In Mega Man Battle Network, you can get the Muramasa blade that hits harder the less health you have. Mario and Luigi games have badges that pull similar stuff too. I would say something like that would be more fitting of the Saiyans though, since they get power boosts from healing from getting beat on. It's not exactly the same, but could still work.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
3 is Wario Land.

7 is Fire Emblem, wild guess (would make more sense if it was 6 though so probably wrong).
Nah, you're right.

The next two games are Wario Land 3 and Fire Emblem.

That explains the 3 and 7.

Our fat boy, was a combination of fat for Wario and our boy Roy memes.

Gwen was a hint because her name was Anna for a while, linking her to Fire Emblem.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If you want to know what I'm waiting for, I largely wanna see Shadow Dragon's lineup and if there's any Stone users other than Tiki and presumably a class-changed Corrin.

I'm fully within the bounds of the game's restrictions with my experience, but Fates was the game out of the three I connected with the least. I don't really MIND unless this is all there is to the cast though, which is way too early of a conclusion to make. Meanwhile I'm a sucker for stone users in general. Second gen Fates probably won't be a thing since second gen Awakening barely squeaked through (although if you gave me Percy with the original voice actor and general direction I'd take it), but with the other options there's still at least a good. . ,7-8 other options for stone users? Obviously we're not getting all of them but more would be great.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im not even familiarized with the Fates original VA Cast, but Hinoka's voice hurts my soul.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nah, you're right.

Gwen was a hint because her name was Anna for a while, linking her to Fire Emblem.
Oh wow.

I thought "6 would make more sense" for FE because there's a character called Gwendolyn in FE6, while also being a call out to Gwen of Nintenzone.

You went extra meta though.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, I finally called the university cops about my upstairs neighbors, so imma go to sleep. If at all possible I'll probably preorder Fire Emblem Warriors with the help of my next paycheck.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Nah, you're right.

You're going to play FE6? Oh man. Good luck. Well, have fun more importantly but good luck XD

Boy do I miss playing that game and that Ch 14. Lol

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Im not even familiarized with the Fates original VA Cast, but Hinoka's voice hurts my soul.
Yeah, I'm not a huge FE fan, but whatever that voice was...well it was anything but good. That and Gamora are good candidates for worst voice 2017.

That one guy sounded like Leonardo from 2003 TMNT. He's cool. I didn't mind the other voices since they weren't too annoying or anything.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Meanwhile I'm completely out of the loop here because I've never played a Fire Emblem game in my life.

I've talked about trying them before, but it's been a very long time since I've done so. And as evident by the above, I have yet to actually try one.

I'm at least curious enough to give one game ago. Can anyone offer advice on which game would be a good place to start?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Meanwhile I'm completely out of the loop here because I've never played a Fire Emblem game in my life.

I've talked about trying them before, but it's been a very long time since I've done so. And as evident by the above, I have yet to actually try one.

I'm at least curious enough to give one game ago. Can anyone offer advice on which game would be a good place to start?
If you got the 3DS Ambassador games, or have a Wii U, you can get The Sacred Stones, which I think is a really good place to start with the series - not too difficult and is good at easing you into the gameplay, and is similar enough to other games in the series that you won't feel out of your depth if you decide to move onto them later on. Otherwise, Awakening, Fates: Birthright, or Shadows of Valentia (all on 3DS) are okay starting points, but you should be aware that they're fairly different compared to other games in the series, just in case you decide to go on to other games after playing those.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Download Heroes for free on your phone to get a taste of the general gameplay of Fire Emblem. Granted, Heroes simplifies and has its own spin on things, but being free, it's a good intro to the gameplay.

Shadow Dragon on the DS if you want to play the first game (Shadow Dragon is a remake of it). Marth is from this game.

Blazing Sword (simply "Fire Emblem" in the west) for the GBA if you want to play the first FE game to be released in the West.

Awakening or Fates Birthright on 3DS if you want something generally easier but still has content to make up for it.

And this may be an unpopular opinion, but I think Shadows of Valentia on 3DS is a good start. It's pretty unique within the series, but it has top notch presentation, particularly in the voice acting, and the writing is fantastic with some really charming characters. IMO, this makes the game easy to get invested in. Of course the gameplay is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom