• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hey, at least Mega Man are Zero and side by side! Gotta give props to them for not ****ing it up that badly because it could be worse

And Chris is above Nemesis who is next to Dante.
And Gamora is above Thanos.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Bubsy is getting a special edition.

wtf

I'm pretty sure this is an appropriate summary of the Bubsy campaign.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here's the Bubsy trailer

Not bad looking, not amazing looking either.

Hopefully there's an option to have Bubsy to shut the **** up.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
As such, if my post came off that way, then I apologize. I respect and appreciate both old and modern FE. But last time I've check, people do the unecessary opposite and antagonize the newer FE.
No, no it wasn't one of your posts at all. And I meant to make myself clear that people acting that way was probably a causality of the whole Fire Emblem elitist thing.

You can find them in random places my first encounter was on Twitter, them in one of my old discords. It's just a damn shame that before Awakening you could talk Fire Emblem with another Fire Emblem fan forever with no worries. Now. This ****.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Here's the CSS for MvC:I now

It's bland and badly organized.
All of the cosmic related Marvel characters could fit in a single column
Sucks they couldn't keep it organized like MvC3. This is almost as bad as the MvC2 CSS.
It's SNES fans. Is there any way Nintendo CAN'T disappoint them? :4dk:

But really, people are rabid for these things and I can't see industry wide NAND shortages helping. I think one site's preorders drained out after 15 minutes, keeping some kind of notification thing up might be a good idea if you're shooting for it.
It certainly doesn't help that the market for this thing is larger than the NES Classic. Star Fox 2 is a big game changer as is Nintendo more directly stating that these will be limited. Walmart sold out in 3-4 minutes.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Been watching some preview footage of Star Fox 2 (here just in case)

Still looks a lot like the prototype albeit some minor tweaks.
I find it funny that the video thumb nails use pics from the leaked build rather than the new one they're playing. The title screen is radially different and now says 1996. :laugh:

No, no it wasn't one of your posts at all. And I meant to make myself clear that people acting that way was probably a causality of the whole Fire Emblem elitist thing.

You can find them in random places my first encounter was on Twitter, them in one of my old discords. It's just a damn shame that before Awakening you could talk Fire Emblem with another Fire Emblem fan forever with no worries. Now. This ****.
Anyone else remember when FE8/9/10 were considered **** and FE4 was king? lol

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It never ceases to amaze me how people manage to throw childish tantrums at video game companies. Yes, Nintendo has made some pretty bad business decisions, but cursing out an impersonal multinational corporation is so absurd that I'm not sure whether it's hilarious or a sign that humanity will not survive the winter. Nintendo not making enough boxes full of toxic 90's nostalgia (if anyone asks, just. . .Smash 4 K. Rool supporters and the current Metroid fandom) is frustrating, but LOL it's not a personal attack you grown adults.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Guess who gotz two thumbs and preordered the SNES Classic Edition?

:4wario2:

I floored the gas pedal to GameStop the very moment they tweeted it.

Now the waiting game!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've had my pre-order on the SNES Classic since it was announced.

Not sure how much of a guarantee that is given Ireland's history with availability regarding Nintendo products.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

I agree; this seems to further prove the ambiguity between both sides. Moreso why I avoid those people.

I could at least tolerate complaints about some of the character designs (except one time where this person questioned the dignity of Intelligent Systems regarding Camilla). And then there's these veterans who act all high and mighty and completely misunderstand what it means to be a fan.

Personally I miss the hottest debates on who was the canon parent. At least those theories explore insight from different supports, and give off fun possibilities.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Square Enix is hella pushing FFXV

I could see the PC port, I mean, it's something they literally said they wanted to do, just needed to wait a year. But a Pocket Edition? It looks fun, it's just so out of no where.

And they even heavily hinted at a Switch release
https://clips.twitch.tv/KindGrotesqueHamPlanking

They're trying to hit a huge audience with XV. All the way from casual players who play on their phones up to hardcore PC players who have PCs more expensive than their cars, there's even plans for mod support.

---

This may have been posted earlier, but I'm lazy and don't want to read the previous pages.
This game is ****ing beautiful, I just wish the beta was coming to PC. I get why it isn't, but I can dream

Chrono.

Well, I registered for the DBFZ beta on every email I possibly have.

Pray for my nuts.

D

Deleted member

Shut up, you're playing a gacha game of ****ing hentai
I think ya need to chill a little bit
It has less fanservice than games like FE, it's so ironic I find it funny
I know shes based off an actual historical being. you just get dont what I was saying pff
What were you saying then?

Fate is the only franchise where your waifu is actually real
Except she can actually be Atilla the ****ing Hun and I wouldn't recommend getting near her true form
Or you're Kojirou and aren't actually real even though you saved France

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think ya need to chill a little bit
It has less fanservice than games like FE, it's so ironic I find it funny

What were you saying then?

Fate is the only franchise where your waifu is actually real
Except she can actually be Atilla the ****ing Hun and I wouldn't recommend getting near her true form
Or you're Kojirou and aren't actually real even though you saved France

At least FE is equal in it's fanservice, giving spotlight to both females and males. With Fate/Grand Order, there hasn't been one single Event exclusive Male Servant, not including how many historical figures were turned into females. Darn Type/Moon and their shenanigans in trying to rewrite history.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Serious question: Mordred Saber of Red has junk?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Serious question: Mordred Saber of Red has junk?
She was going to, but she didn't due to Astolfo.

Edit: To be more clear, Mordred was supposed to be male who looked female originally, but Astolfo was in the same work as her and the main guy didn't want 2 traps, so they made Mordred straight female.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At least FE is equal in it's fanservice, giving spotlight to both females and males. With Fate/Grand Order, there hasn't been one single Event exclusive Male Servant, not including how many historical figures were turned into females. Darn Type/Moon and their shenanigans in trying to rewrite history.
Isn't King Hassan from an event? I thought the only 5-star Assassin available normally was Jackie.

And to be fair, the gender bending served a purpose initially, Arturia(sorry, I mean Altria) is a really good example of it, now we have Saber Nero because "lol what if boobs?"
She was going to, but she didn't due to Astalfo.
I think the reason was because they didn't want more than one "trap" character but just making Mordred male as in the actual Arthurian mythos wouldn't have changed much tbh, The story treats her as a man already anyways.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Edit: To be more clear, Mordred was supposed to be male who looked female originally, but Astolfo was in the same work as her and the main guy didn't want 2 traps, so they made Mordred straight female.
who in their right mind ever thinks "one trap is enough"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

So a female without anything down there?

Fate sure is a magical series :V

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
More Sonic Forces info - there will be an ice hammer weapon for the avatar, and info on "Tag Team Mode", where you play as the avatar and Sonic at the same time.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

>Sonic and you avatar will combine their power to travel at the speed of light

G O T T A
G O
F A S T

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
More Sonic Forces info - there will be an ice hammer weapon for the avatar, and info on "Tag Team Mode", where you play as the avatar and Sonic at the same time.

G O T T A
G O
F A S T
I was sold at Lightning whip

Chrono.

G O T T A
G O
F A S T
Can't help but feel the tag team gameplay will be janky af.

Can't wait to see it. I hope there's more than just Park Avenue/City Heights/Green Hill this time.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

G O T T A
G O
F A S T
I thought this was something they were going to do with Classic and Modern when they announced a third gameplay style.

Cool to actually see something like this in the game, hope that's what they'll show off this week. Wonder if it'll be between both Sonics or just Modern?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can't help but feel the tag team gameplay will be janky af.

Can't wait to see it. I hope there's more than just Park Avenue/City Heights/Green Hill this time.
I'm hoping it will just be like Sonic Heroes where you simply can switch between both characters at will. The description seems to imply that ("enjoy the faculties of one but also the other").

Then you also get that Double Boost.

I thought this was something they were going to do with Classic and Modern when they announced a third gameplay style.

Cool to actually see something like this in the game, hope that's what they'll show off this week. Wonder if it'll be between both Sonics or just Modern?
I actually had a similar idea at one point too.

I'm certain we'll see something tomorrow. I mean, the Gamescom demo has the level, people can play it. There's probably just an embargo on talking about it (or maybe attendees are simply being told by supervisors not to choose that level until tomorrow).

Ivander

Smash Legend
Isn't King Hassan from an event? I thought the only 5-star Assassin available normally was Jackie.

And to be fair, the gender bending served a purpose initially, Arturia(sorry, I mean Altria) is a really good example of it, now we have Saber Nero because "lol what if boobs?"

I think the reason was because they didn't want more than one "trap" character but just making Mordred male as in the actual Arthurian mythos wouldn't have changed much tbh, The story treats her as a man already anyways.

No, he was a Limited Pickup Servant. There are Male Limited Pickup Servants, but in regards to Events like Halloween, Christmas and Summer Events, there are no Male Event Servants.

And yeah, it did serve a purpose. But now, you have Servants like Nero, Altera/Attila, Minamoto no Yo****sune, Okita Souji, Nobunaga, Frankenstein, Sanzang, Quetzalcoatl(her Bio literally mentions that Quetzalcoatl was actually male, but was turned into a female for some reason) and Paul Bunyan(much like Quetzalcoatl).
A couple others make some sense, like Francis Drake who was hinted to be Queen Elizabeth, Shuten Douji who did transform into a female at one point, Jack the Ripper as their identity was never found, Yorimitsu who was hinted in history to be a woman at one point and Musashi who is literally a different dimension Musashi like Proto-Arthur is now.
Nero was apparently made to look like Arthuria to play on the fact that before Fate/Stay Night came out, alot of people thought Saber was Joan of Arc only to be surprised later when they find out she was actually King Arthur and they tried to do something similar with Nero(despite there being noticeable differences). Regardless, I'm pretty sure the "what-if boobs" title belongs to her Lancer version and not Nero, cause good lord.

To think her artist actually admitted that her 3rd Ascension was put just for fanservice while her true look would be more like this.

Yeah, I just put that in an edit. Not to mention that before Apocrypha, Mordred was actually male.

Heh, after talking about the genderbending, I want to post the Guide to King Arthur, but I don't know if I can due to lots of language. At the very least, can I post the link to where the image can be found and not the image itself? Mods?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Now that I have the SNES Classic on lock, I'm really considering of hacking it to add more games (I assume modding will be just as easy as the NES counterpart).

I plan to add the 5 games exclusive to the Super Famicon version, the 30 from the NES Classic (since Nintendo didn't want my money back then...), and the 8 exclusive to the Famicon Classic; making a 64 game count total.

Whether or not I'll add more than that I'll think about ti.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Surprisingly one of the villains you can get pretty early in Fusions is Cooler

Your team advises against it and you have the option to reject him, but why not? It's not like he's ACTUALLY going to betray you despite what his quotes say.

He's been a valued member of my team, and we have the same goals. He wants to beat up Frieza, I want to beat up Frieza. It's a win win.

I've actually fused with him now to make some sort of horrible Majin Frieza Race abomination. It's a powerful fusion.

Chrono.

Man it's kinda insane how much milage out of FFXV Square are getting in such a short while. To summarize we have:
- The game
- An anime
- A movie
- Two VR titles
- 3 mobile titles
- Justice Monsters Five as a standalone game
- King's Tale on PSN
- Mobile versions of the main game that were made from the ground up
- A possible Switch version which who knows how that one will go
- 3 DLC scenarios
- Comrades which is an MMO style expansion of the main game

And this is with the actual game (which is not even 2 years old) being a very rushed product with tons of story content missing.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Welp, my Gold Magikarp, Goldberg, died due to a Voltorb.

Died. As in dead.

I was having a great happy time until that happened.

And then the mayor called me a cold fish because of it.

**** you man.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Man it's kinda insane how much milage out of FFXV Square are getting in such a short while. To summarize we have:
- The game
- An anime
- A movie
- Two VR titles
- 3 mobile titles
- Justice Monsters Five as a standalone game
- King's Tale on PSN
- Mobile versions of the main game that were made from the ground up
- A possible Switch version which who knows how that one will go
- 3 DLC scenarios
- Comrades which is an MMO style expansion of the main game

And this is with the actual game (which is not even 2 years old) being a very rushed product with tons of story content missing.
They've milked it twice as hard as FFVII in only a fraction of the time.

Yet people will still say FFXIII was milked harder with just two sequel games built on the same engine as the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom